ERROR

By khxlix_03

Angel Rodriguez is the daughter of a very powerfull man named Robert Rodriguez. She has everything any girl... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50

28

23.9K 506 200
By khxlix_03

I have never been in an actual jail. It is very much different then what they make it look like in movies. It is not as dark and scary in real life. But this place still gives me shivers.

My grandma and I enter the jail where my dad is currently placed in. We quikly give our passports to the secretary. Then we have to fill in a document that says we are okay with the rules of the jail visitors.

Then one of the guards shows us to the visitor room. We enter the room together. It looks like a normal room. Nothing really special to be honest. The walls are a yellow ish color but you can tell it's by how old this jail is. There are a few little tables where some other visitors are sitting. We also take a seat at one of the grey tables. I wait in silence.

I haven't seen my dad in a whole week. Most of the time I am used to not seeing him that much because he used to always go on buisnesses trips but this time is different. It is difficult to realise sometimes that he is not in some plane flying to Europe, he is actually in jail.

The door opens and my eyes lit up as I see a very well known figure standing between two guards. I stand up and so does my grandma.

'Son', my grandma whispers as she gives my father a long hug.

My dad seems really happy to see us. Tears start forming in my eyes by just seeing him again. I don't let them fall, it is the wrong place for that. Here I have to be strong and strong only for my father and grandmother who care so much about me.

When they pull away, I shoot over to my dad. The heat of his body radiates to mine and I feel home again in his arms. We stay like that for a few seconds. Then we pull away and he gestures us to sit down again. He looks tired but happy at the same time.

'It is not as bad as I thought it would be', he starts speaking. I give him a crooked smile at the tought of my dad actually liking it in here. It does make me happy that he isn't as miserable and sad as I thought he would be. But this is Rober Rodriguez, the most strong man in the world. He can survive anything and sometimes I forget about that.

'I am happy to hear that.'
'Most of the guards treat me better then the other because they know who I am so that's a plus', he calmly speaks.

It makes me worry less knowing he is okay. I smile again. He is really doing good considering he is literally in jail. But that is the most important thing right now. That he is doing okay.

'So do you know who did it ?'

Suddenly my grandmother asks. I haven't told her anything I know because right now she doesn't has to know but this time I am not protecting River. If I need to, I will tell her or my dad what needs to be said and everything I know. But that day when my dad was taken away by the cops, I told him about River and the document so he should know by now it was actually him. I have a feeling my dad already knows this even before I told him that day. He is not dumb at all. I think he knows much more but maybe he doesn't want to tell us. For some odd reason I feel like he doesn't want to share that information with us even though I already know way too much.

'I am pretty sure it was River West', and while he says it, his eyes meet mine. He knows everything and I have a feeling he knows that I know it too. It doesn't shock me as I told him
myself it was him.

'You know we have cameras in the front yard', he is now directly speaking to me.

My face falls. Now this I didn't see coming at all. My mind goes blank just by the thought that he saw what happend that night at the front door of our house. Of course my dad has installed cameras. Why does that even shock me at this point. He is always a step ahead of me and ofcourse he knows everything that is going on. He always did. He knew that I started having these episodes even though I never told him. And know it is the same with River.

He knows it all.

If he knew all of this, why didn't he just warn me. Why did he have to go and invite River everywhere like he is actually a friend of his. He even send him with me to Neomi's party the night everything went down. He did all of those things while knowing damn well what was going on with River and his sick plan.

'I didn't know he would steal your document and turn you in like that.'

It is the first thing that comes up in my mind. My grandma looks at the both of us with absolute confusion written on her face and I don't blame her for it. My dad is on the other hand looking at me with a somehow disappointed face. He feels like I have put him down even though I never would want anything like this happend to him. I look up at him with guilty eyes.

'You let him in', he speaks.
'I was drunk', I answer ',and last time I checked he was working with you so I didn't think much of it.'
'I told you to never trust anyone.'
'I realised my mistake after they took you to jail', I say as I look down. I never wanted things to be like this. That's why I try to hurt him just the same way he hurt me. Even though deep down I don't want to hurt him. Even after everything he did to me, whatever River does, won't make the tingly feeling inside of me disappear whenever he comes closer to me. It will always be there and nothing can change that sadly.

'You have to be more careful Angel, don't trust you heart.'

Those wise words. I know he is right. My dad was always right. Whatever advise he gave me, it had always been the thing I needed to hear. And now it is the same, what he says is right. It was stupid of me to think with my heart.

so fucking stupid

'I know.'

'What is this all about ?' my grandma finally asks. Before I can even say anything to my grandmother, my dad speaks again. He exlplains everything quikly.

'One of the guys that work for me used Angel to get into our house and steal a document that exposed my illegal buisnesses. He turned me in.'
'That son of a bitch.'
'Angel !' my grandma snaps at me. I give her a guilty glare while she gives me angry eyes. I quikly turn my head into my dad's direction.

'Dad I have another question', I hesitate at first. I want to know more about why River would turn him even though my dad has helped his sister with all the mentall problems centrum thing. There were a lot of questions popping up in my head at the same time but this one had to be answered first. It is the question I have been dying to ask him.

'What does he have against you ?'

After long silence he finally speaks.

'It is difficult Angel.'

That's not even an answer. I have so many damn questions but no one is there to answer them. And when I ask my dad he acts like it is not a big deal but look where he is. In fucking jail. It makes me mad. In this whole situation I have been suffering the most after my dad. I need to have my answers. I need to know why River chose this over me. That is the real reason I want my answers. There has to be a reason he did this. I know this is wrong because nothing compares to what he did to me, there is no excuse but I still searcg for one even though I know damn well it is so wrong.

'So you knew he had something on you and you still made me go with him to that party ?'

Now I am just mad. If he didn't send River to babysit me wich he by the way did a terrible job with that, we wouldn't have kissed and he wouldn't have had full acces to my father's documents. It did make sense why he kissed me now. Not because he had the desire to, but just to get me off guard and go inside the house. He isn't that dumb at all, I have to give him that.

'I thought he didn't remember', my dad suddenly speaks. Now I am just beyond confused. I glance at my grandma who is even more confused.
'Remember what dad.'
'It is a long story Angel. I will explain everything once I am back', he says.
'So there is something really bad to make him feel this way isn't it.'

I don't want to believe my dad would ever harm anyone. I really don't. But sometimes people can turn you down and my dad has been in nasty buisnesses before so it wouldn't shock me if he did something to River or his family . And now he wants revenge.

After a few seconds of complete silence my grandmother finally speaks. She has been pretty quiet this whole time while just observing our conversation. It seems like she has been thinking about it and finally knows the answer.

'West', she quietly says. My head turns to her again. But she is not looking at me, she is looking at my father with wide eyes. It is as if they are having their own conversation in their minds. I observe my grandmother lips part slightly. She doesn't believe her own thoughts.

'He has come back for revenge and send his son right.'

My eyes grow bigger. The word she has just spoken out hit different. My mind seems to be know even more confused than before.

How can she even know about River's existence. And what does she mean with 'send his son' ? It means Rivers dad has to do something with this whole mess. But I though he's an alcoholic.

Now my attention is completely focused on my grandmother who directly looks at my father. She seems upset with this whole situation and I don't really blame her. But if my grandmother knows about the existence of the West family, it means this shit goes way back.

'You said you would never have anything to do with that family again.'
'Mother please don't start.'
'What does she mean?'

If I was confused before, now I am just completely lost. This is much more deep then I thought.

'Angel sweetheart, this is something between our family and theirs. It was a long time ago and your father thought it was over but it seems they have not moven on', she atleast explains something because I am not understanding anything about this situation. In every way I try to understand but I just can't. Nothing makes sense at this point.
'But what is it that happend between us and them ?'
'It is a long story', my dad speaks again. The same words as before.

It is a long story

He seems like he is over this conversation and I decide not to go in on it for now. But I need my answers eventually and if I need to get them by asking the enemy, I will.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 3.8K 42
Alejandra Martinez had the perfect life until she lost her mom and childhood to a violent tragedy that she witnessed. As a result, her dad fell into...
10.6K 236 45
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
746K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...