Publicity Stunt (Hailee/You)

By TattooedC3P0

Hailee Steinfeld has established herself as one of the greatest young actresses around at the moment, even be... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter One

8.8K 279 105
By TattooedC3P0

I have absolutely no idea if this is any good.

Y/N's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing but was in no rush to answer it so by the time I rolled over I missed the call. I grabbed my phone and saw that I have five missed calls from Franklin, my newly acquired day-to-day manager. He rang again, this time I answered.

"LET ME IN!" he shouted down the phone before hanging up.

I let out a loud groan as I stretched my body out in the king-size bed I had all to myself before rolling out of it, I pushed my hair back and out of my face and went to open the door.

"We should have been leaving five minutes ago Y/n!" Franklin told me as he walked straight inside with two coffees in hand.

"Please, do come in" I said sarcastically as I pushed the door shut. "Is one of these mine?" I asked, reaching for a coffee.

"Yes, but shower first because we are late" he said moving the cup away from me. We haven't known each other long but he seems like a nice guy. I went into the bathroom and jumped in the shower and quickly washed my body and my hair before getting out and brushing my teeth because only sociopaths brush their teeth in the shower. I dried myself off before wrapping the towel around my hips.

"What the hell is this meeting for anyway?" I asked Franklin as I walked from my bathroom to my bedroom to grab some clothes.

"All they've told me is to ask you, to have an open mind going into it" he said back to me.

"Cause' that ain't fucking cryptic" I said sarcastically before going back. Once dressed I grabbed my things and was finally allowed my coffee which at this point was lukewarm so I drank it pretty quickly as we made our way down to my car. I haven't had my apartment for long, I have lived in LA before but I have mainly lived in London, once I got re-signed I thought a place in LA was just convenient. I have dual citizenship but I consider myself English.

"Just ignore them" Franklin said as we saw a few paps outside. I've had my issues with paparazzi through the many years, my whole fucking life, they've been in my face, both verbal and physical.

I honestly don't understand why they would want pictures of someone simply leaving their home, like how much money is that really going to get you? What's the story? Are these the pictures they'll use when I die?

They also like to try and get a rise out of me.

"Why is this meeting at Sam's office anyway? Why not the label?" I asked Franklin as I started driving.

"Beats me bro. It's just what I was told" Sam is the guy that owns the label I'm signed with.

Hailee's POV:

I'm currently talking with Sophie, while on my way to a meeting with my management team. The meeting was arranged over a week ago but they had to 'get things into place' which they didn't go into detail with which left me a little confused, they also seemed to make twice the effort to make sure I didn't forget about this meeting which was also a little strange.

"Does he not understand that you not responding to him means that you don't want to talk to him?" Sophie's voice rang out through my car.

"I know. It's been like four months and he tries calling me at least once a week. I even told him like three weeks ago that I have nothing left to say to him" I replied to her with a hint of annoyance.

"You need to stay strong and not let him wiggle his way back in. You publicly defended him the first time only for it to be true and then he did it again. You deserve so much better"

"I'm not going to, he made me feel like a complete fool but I promised myself not again and I'm keeping that promise"

"Good and don't break that promise, breaking a promise to yourself is the worst type of promise to break"

"I know, I know and I won't break it"

"Good. You're on your way to that meeting now then right?"

"I'm just around the corner. It's at Sam's office, not the label's"

"Do you still not have a clue what it's about?"

"No, I don't. I'm a little worried honestly, not sure what to expect. I was told to try and be open-minded going in"

"You've not done anything wrong so I doubt it's anything bad in that regard. Just stay positive"

"I'll try my best. I'm here now anyway, so I'll call you and let you know what happened. Talk later, love you"

"Okay then, love you too" Sophie said before I hung up and got out of the car. I quickly sorted myself out before heading into the building where the receptionist greeted me.

"Hi, Daisy" I said with a smile. She always has on the most extravagant dresses/shirts, and it kind of just brightens your day a little.

"Hello Hailee" she said back to me in her usual bubbly tone. "Sarah is already in Sam's office" she added. I smiled again as I walked to the elevator and headed up to Sam's office. Sarah is my day-to-day manager and Sam is the owner of the music label I'm with.

"Hi, guys" I said as I walked into Sam's office. Sam was sitting at his desk and Sarah was sitting in one of the four chairs that had been set up on the other side of the desk, I knew they'd been set up that way as there are usually only two.

"Thank you for coming Hailee. I know it was pretty short notice" Sam said to me as I pulled out the chair and sat down, looking at Sarah.

"Hey" Sarah softly spoke as she and I looked at each other. I felt that maybe she knew something I didn't.

"Sooo are we expecting someone else? Considering there are two other chairs here" I asked looking at both of them. Sarah looked at me before looking at Sam.

"Yes we are but as I expected, he's running late. Let me ask you, what do you know about Y/n Y/L/N?" Sam asked me.

"Y/n Y/L/N?" I was a little confused, Sam nodded at me. "Well, I know his dad is a legendary film writer and director, and his mom, his mom is freaking Julia Roberts. He was a great actor in a few films and TV shows as a kid and teenager, I practically grew up watching him but once his show on Nickelodeon was canceled he started to seem like one of those typical child actors. For a time he went pretty MIA and out of nowhere he released a couple of singles like three years ago, I heard a few, and were all good, he announced an album be it never came, he hasn't put out any music since either, and if I remember correctly, his label dropped him after he got drunk and walked off stage mid-song at the Grammy's" I believe he told everyone to go fuck themselves as he walked off the stage.

I know Sophie has met him a few times as he and Joe have known each other a while but she doesn't like him to say the least. I did like his album though, I won't lie. A friend of mine said he feels like a mix of Bowie and The Beatles.

"Why are you asking me about him anyway?" I asked, looking at Sam, who looked at Sarah and then back at me. Before Sam even tried to answer me, his office door opened, and in walked Y/n with another guy. I will admit that he is pretty hot, he always has been and he kind of has this old-fashioned but hasn't had enough sleep look about him now with a bunch of tattoos. 

"Y/n, so nice of you to finally join us" Sam said as Y/n looked just as confused as I did seeing me here.

"Yeah, I overslept" he said back. His accent is almost Tom Hardy but you can somewhat hear the American in him too. 

"Well, you're here now. Have you met Hailee Steinfeld before?" Sam asked him.

"No, I don't think so"

"Ah well, Y/n meet Hailee. Hailee meet Y/n" Sam said to us and we exchanged an awkward smile.

"This is all very nice and shit, but why the fuck are we here?" Y/n asked which I also wanted to know.

"Well, I'm not going to drag this out, basically I want you both to date" both Y/n and I looked at each other and back at Sam.

"What?! You want us to be like Camila Cabello and that guy?" Y/n asked which I found difficult to suppress my laughter. They are my friends, but it was funny.

"Look Y/n, you are by no means the most liked person in the music industry, or the world, you've made sure of that yourself with countless acts of stupidity, and you and I both know, the only reason we signed you to the label was a favor to your father and no other label wants to touch you, which is a shame because you are a great musician, I mean that but to be honest and realistic with you, nobody is going to give a fuck when you eventually put out new music because you're not in favor with the public, like at all. We feel this relationship will help push you and have a positive impact on your public relations which in return will sell music and make us both money" Sam explained to him.

"I can't say I'm happy but I don't have a choice do I?"

"No, you don't. If you do refuse, then you're dropped and as I said, no other label wants to touch you" Sam added which is when I decided to have my say.

"That's all well and good, but why the fuck am I having to do this? People like me, I still had to work hard to be where I am. I'm not an entitled arrogant son of a bitch. No offense"

"Pretty offensive really" Y/n added, again forcing me to prevent laughter.

"That's exactly why Hailee. For the most part, you are liked by the public, you don't have public acts of stupidity and you're at the height of your career. If anyone can make Y/n not look like 'an arrogant son of bitch' then it's you" Sam said to me.

"You both know I'm in the room right?" Y/n said out loud to us both.

"I was only repeating what Hailee said"

"So I have to date him so he can look good? How is any of this beneficial to me though?" I asked as I really don't see it.

"It's a complete win win for you Hailee. If we can get Y/n's reputation where we need it to be, then people are going to talk about how you are the reason for that, they'll praise you. If this doesn't work then you're just seen as someone who loves and trusts in people but this time couldn't make it work. Not to mention it would be a boost to your music career which, honestly, is not on the same level as your acting is it?"

"And if I say no?"

"Then it's the same outcome, you will be dropped and I can make sure it's almost impossible for another label to sign you, not to mention making it difficult to land roles. I of course do not want it to come to that and it won't have to either, because I know this will be beneficial for everyone involved"

"Fine. How long is this for?" I asked as I had to give in.

"Initially the contract will be a year but if we feel it needs to be longer then we will do that. All we need is for you to act like a couple in public and on social media, we're not asking you to sleep together or anything. We've got it so that it's a relatively new relationship, a month old as of today as we understand it would be very hard to prove anything too long, especially with both of your most recent relationships. If you could both sign this" Sam told us both as he pulled what I assume to be the contract out from his desk.

I gave it a read and then reluctantly signed before handing the pen to Y/n, he didn't even bother reading it, that's how little of a choice he has.

"Now what?" He asked as he kind of threw the pen on the desk.

"Well for today, you can carry on as normal. I would like an interaction through Instagram to happen at some point before the day is up though. Oh, you also have a dinner reservation tomorrow night, get to know each other a little but please remember to act like a couple, I will make sure the paparazzi are around when they're supposed to be. Please make sure as many of your friends and family believe this relationship" I rolled my eyes as he spoke. Sophie knows I haven't been in a relationship.

"Your first official public appearance will be at the Oscars in a week" he added.

I looked at Y/n who was already on his feet and he just stared blankly at Sam.

"That's fucking bullshit" he said before pulling a rolled-up cigarette out and putting it in his mouth before leaving. He honestly seemed more annoyed about the Oscars than about this relationship.

Once I left I immediately thought about whether or not I should tell Sophie the truth, she's my best friend, she would never buy this in a million years and she will not like it.

**********

Don't forget to vote and comment, I really want to know your thoughts.

I get really nervous about new books, so I just hope you all like this. I'm not the best writer but I try my best and I guess that's all I can do which is something I need to keep telling myself.

I had this written before going on my break (originally a Bella Hadid idea) and I thought I should publish it just to give you guys something while I am neglecting all my other books. I still have to amend some of the ideas to fit Hailee.

Please be patient about an update :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 53.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
2.1M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
507K 31.5K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
223K 5.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...