V.O.I.D.

By EnchantressRena

Arthur Armstrong is a young soldier that only wished for peace, but he and many people like him suddenly gain... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 2

114 14 80
By EnchantressRena

The army has devised a plan to use the existence of the people who have ESP abilities called espers, as a weapon to win wars. It is where it all started.

Individuals who suddenly gained psychic powers were captured and forced to undergo training as a soldier, for the sole purpose of a country getting the upper hand. The army formed the Special Esper Force to fight in the frontlines, which includes already trained soldiers before they suddenly gained ESP abilities. Arthur was one of them and was tasked to command a special team comprised of high-level espers.

“Captain,” Roger said while brushing his slick black hair in front of a mirror. “Why do we need to train those kids?”

“Because the other esper squads were busy training themselves. Unlike us that were already high-level espers,” Arthur said to Roger, “and please stop calling me Captain. I’m no longer a Captain.”

“Where’s Sky?”

“Already training the children.”

“What a show-off,” Roger said then pouted his lips.

Arthur laughed at Roger’s irritated face and then quickly messed the hair that Roger put his effort into brushing straight and neat for almost thirty minutes.

“This is much better,” Arthur said while looking at Roger’s messy hair. “Besides, girls prefer bad boy look.”

Roger's dark black eyes suddenly brightened up after hearing what Arthur has said, only to be shattered right away also by Arthur himself.

“Just joking.” Arthur laughed again while holding his stomach. He wiped the tears of joy from his eyes because, for him, nothing beats the joy of teasing Roger. Roger always gives the best reaction compared to the other members of their team.

“Captain! Captain! Captain!” Roger said repeatedly trying to get back at Arthur. He knew that it really annoys Arthur so much.

“Stop that or I’ll tell the anonymous girl that you like her.”

“Wait, don’t tell Lea!”

“So I am right, it really was Lea!” Arthur grinned.

“Commander, stop teasing him so much.” Sky arrived drenched in sweat while shirtless. Beads of sweat provokingly trickled down his ripped and perfectly toned muscular body. There were a lot of scars carved all over his body, which makes him manlier than the rest of their squad.

“Look at him, it’s like his soul already left his body,” Sky added while pointing to Roger who’s barely standing.

Arthur grinned while looking at Sky’s body. “Did you train the children while being shirtless like that?”

Sky immediately looses his cool composure, blushing like crazy. “O-Of course not!”

Arthur just kept grinning at Sky while thinking, “hitting two birds in one day sure was fun.”

Sky saw Arthur’s almost sinister grin while looking at him so he quickly goes inside the shower room to hide his utter embarrassment.

“We will wait for you outside, we will train the children now!” Arthur said to Sky from outside of the shower room.

“Okay.”

After Sky finished taking a shower, he goes out in the training area to watch over Arthur and Roger’s way of teaching. His expectation was immediately shattered when he saw the children running wild all over the place, while the two men were trying to catch the children. Sky just let out a deep sigh and shook his head at the sight he was seeing.

“This is why I hate teaching these little cheeky midgets!” Roger said while holding a little boy in his left hand and holding a little girl with his right hand.

“Everyone, listen! We are taking a ten minutes break!” Arthur said while completely exhausted. He purposely lay on the muddy ground.

The children rejoiced and ran into the canteen that was specially built for their needs and taste. The army wouldn’t want the children to die because they will be needing them in the future for war.

Sky approached Arthur and Roger while smiling. “So what happened here?”

“Oh, shut up! I know you knew already,” Roger said then joined Arthur lying on the ground. He let out a deep sigh and then closed his eyes. “Feeling much better now.”

“I always thought of having another child before but after what happened today, I changed my mind,” Arthur said.

“You should think of reconciling with Diana first before thinking of having another one,” Sky said while looking down on at the two soldiers lying on the muddy ground.

Arthur gazes at Sky that was looking down on him. “I know but how should I say sorry to her?”

“Man, she’s your wife already. What’s hard in saying sorry?” Roger said to Arthur.

Arthur turned to Roger and then gazes at him with his eyebrows arched. “Before you talk like you’re an almighty human being that is an expert at saying sorry, let me remind you that you and Sky were part of the problem, by bringing my son along with you on that police operation.”

“I’ll remember that, Captain,” Roger said and then gestured his hand like he was zipping his mouth closed.

“We will help you reconcile with her,” Sky said.

Sky reached out his hand for a fist bump. Arthur smiled and then reached out his fist to connect with Sky’s fist. Roger then quickly grabbed Sky’s wrist and pulled him down to the muddy ground they’re lying onto. Mud splashed as Sky fell down beside Roger. He got mud all over his face only a few minutes after taking a refreshing shower.

“Great! Now I have to clean myself all over again,” Sky said while wiping the mud out of his face.

Roger and Arthur looked at him while smiling. “You’re welcome.”

What a peaceful day in a world currently at war. A day, Arthur would wish that was his every day.

The ten minutes break was over and they knew that they needed to deal with the children again. The children were still in the canteen eating and playing when Arthur, Sky, and Roger entered. Arthur was about to shout his command when Sky grabbed his shoulder.

“Let me do it,” Sky said.

“Really, okay,” Arthur said.

“Attention!” Sky said. As soon as the children heard his voice they ran outside and formed a perfectly aligned formation.

Arthur and Roger’s eyes widened and their mouth went wide open. “How did you do it?”

“I guess they are just scared of my voice. They were like that when I first talk earlier when I trained them.”

The training started and ended peacefully because of Sky’s ability to make the children listen to them. When they were already done sending the children inside the camp to take a rest, they smiled at each other as though understanding each line of thought very well.

“Rock! Paper! Scissors!” they all shouted.

Roger and Sky, both picked scissors. Arthur won the game by choosing rock. He smiled at his friends and started to remove all of his clothes. After removing all of it including his underwear, he waved his hands to Roger and Sky that were both disgusted looking at Arthur’s thing. Arthur goes inside to get a new set of uniform and then goes out again looking at Sky and Roger holding his dirty clothes.

“Start washing it now,” he said smiling sheepishly at them. “I’ll go to a cliff nearby, bye.”

. . .

In the main headquarters of the U.S. Army, a group of Russian soldiers came over to deliver a message from the leader of the Soviet Union.

The group was led by a female General that has fiery red hair and fierce platinum gray eyes. They were greeted by Colonel Hutchinson.

"Welcome, General. I'll call the General for you."

"I'll make it short and simple. We'll immediately leave after this. The Soviet Union is officially breaking the alliance with the United States," the Russian General said while smiling like an innocent child.

After delivering the message they immediately left the headquarters and proceeds to the east.

An American soldier approached Colonel Hutchinson. "Colonel, why are we just letting them go like that?"

"We don't have a chance if we fight them head-on. That female General, she's the famous Red Reaper of Russia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 24.9K 50
منذ أن فتح عينيه للحياة وجد نفسه محاطا بذنوب ليس هو بفاعلها فأطلق عليه الجميع لقب الخطيئة و لكنه ليس بشاب يستسلم لقبح قدره بل قرر أن ينتقم لمن كان سب...
92.7K 3.1K 30
A bungo stray dogs story where you are Furina from Genshin impact (! Not my original idea !)
17K 358 19
"Yᴏᴜᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍɪɴᴇs"
17.1K 529 12
حسابي انستا nr.1ii 🤎