Suicide Line (Completed)

By IDidntseeyou

Charlie Hutson is just trying to get through his life while trying to escape from any kind of punishment for... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Everything Wrong with This Book

Chapter 10

1.2K 56 37
By IDidntseeyou

<Jacob Fort POV>

Ms. Kiley came through the door, seeing Charlie and I still holding on to each other.

Slowly she came to face me, and stroked Charlie's hair.

When she looked at me she said, "Is it him? The person you like?"

I nodded, feeling my face go red again and holding him tighter.

She smiled at Charlie, "You could make him happy..." She said to herself more than me.

"He has a lot going on. I don't want to add to it." I answered.

Ms. Kiley stood up and was about to walk out, "Make sure he gets something to eat if I don't come get him." Before leaving

I don't know how long I was staring at Charlie, but it was long enough for him to wake up.

His eyes slowly opened and faced me. Smiling widely, he stayed in my embrace. Just admiring me.

He laughed a bit, "You're pretty."

All I could do was smile, my heart was racing. He kissed me again, small, but still again.

When he pulled back he just kept smiling, "Thank you for staying."

"You're welcome..." I replied, "Why do you keep kissing me?"

"That's how mom says thank you to Jason, I've told you already." He responded, still admiring me.

"I know, but, friends don't usually do that." I explained. My heart was already set on him, but he doesn't know what he's doing to me.

He thought for a second, "Why does mom do it to Jason then?"

I laughed this time, "Because they like each other." Still holding him.

"I like you." He said happily.

"I like you too, but not in the same way they do..." I said thinking about how he doesn't understand.

"What's different about them to us?" He asked

"They feel a connection between them that they don't feel with others." I explained

"Well...you make me a certain kind of happy unlike the others." He said

He was trying. I could tell.

"It's not the same..." I whispered, feeling sad that Charlie isn't getting it.

"Well I don't kiss anyone else." He pointed out.

"Well then we're friends with benefits." I said

"Is that what mom and Jason have?" He asked

"No, Ms. Kiley and Jason love each other. We're just friends." I said to him.

"I love you!" He said playfully.

Playfully laughing, "I love you too...it's still not the same." I said, god my heart can't take this torture.

I think I actually did love him. He's everything I could ever want and more. Who wouldn't want him?

"I want what mom and Jason have." He said

"One day you'll find someone. They'll make you happy, your heart will race for them, make you blush. They will be everything you want." I said, almost like a promise.

Really, I did want the best for him. He didn't deserve to be in a place like this, he should be out in the world with a happy family.

"You do all those things for me though." He responded by taking me off guard.

"Charlie, I'm telling you. It's not the same. You don't have a crush on me, nor like or love. I'm just a friend." I said trying to convince myself too.

"I don't think you understand either Jacob..." He whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I do love you! You make me happy!" He said playfully again, hugging him now.

I sighed, gave up and just hugged him back.

We stayed like that for a while until he pulled back. "Thank you." He said as he kissed me.

"For what?" I asked

"I don't know. I just felt like it." He said sliding off the bed.

He grabbed my hand and we went back to the game room.

I watched as he set up the game again and handed a controller to me.

"Play with me." He said simply, sitting down in a beanbag.

Watching him for a second, he noticed and scooted over in the beanbag. He patted the spot next to him, I guess for me.

So I sat down next to him and he leaned against me, this boy is confusing as hell.

Soon dinner rolled around and we still hadn't gotten up. No one came in either, there weren't a lot of people who liked games in this place.

When dinner was done, I guess everyone decided to watch a movie. Charlie and I got off, and they were setting up 'Frozen'.

I noticed that there was a new kid, and turned to Wendy, "Who's he?" I asked

"Oscar Denn, Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 15." Wendy said grabbing the remote.

"NPD? Great..." I said sitting down next to Charlie again.

"I know." She said sitting down on the floor next to Dean.

We started the movie and I looked around, seeing around...20 kids in 1 room. Kids with mental disorders...yeah not a good mix.

Besides all the fighting that goes around this place, most from people with temper illnesses, we get along pretty nicely.

Charlie was really getting into the movie in a good way. I guess he never saw it before, and boy was he having a field day with his emotions.

Just watching as he got happy around Elsa scenes, sad, and mad.

God that sounded gay.

When regular, fun scenes came on he would lay back down on me. I would look over to Oscar every once in a while.

Half of the time I saw him staring at either me or Charlie.

When the movie was over Charlie was crying while the others put Frozen 2 on.

"There's-more?" Charlie cried out still from the end of Frozen 1.

Some laughter was heard confirming her question.

"We can go if you want." I told him.

"No, I'm not a weakling! I will finish this movie too!" He said, trying to make himself happy.

"I think he's a fag..." I heard someone whisper.

"What the hell did you just say?" I said turning to try the direction the voice came from.

"I said, 'I think he's a fag'." Oscar said louder for the rest of us to hear.

"What's a fag?" Charlie asked Dean.

"Depends on the context, sometimes it's describing a cigarette, other times it's an insult for gay people." Dean answered

"Who the hell you calling a fag?" I asked, raising my voice.

"Him." Oscar pointed to Charlie.

That made me snap, in a matter of seconds, Oscar was out of his seat, and on the floor.

My hand was already starting to hurt from the punch.

"Nice punch!" Dean said

"What the hell is your problem?" Oscar yelled.

Everyone else in the room was watching. You don't get involved with people with mental illnesses unless you know you can handle them both.

"Don't call him a fag." I said plainly

"Why the fuck not?" He asked, getting angry.

"Hi mom." Charlie said.

Shit

Looking up I saw Ms. Kiley staring at us.

"What happened?" She asked carefully

"He called Charlie a fag!" I shouted pointing to Oscar.

"He acts like one." Oscar retaliated

"Enough." Ms. Kiley said sternly, "Jacob, this is nothing personal ok?" She said before taking out a walkie-talkie, "Isolation Room." She said.

"Ms. Kiley no!" I shouted not wanting to go back.

The guards came in and got both Oscar and me.

I struggled against them but they pushed me into the white room.

Immediately I started to kick and scream trying to get out of the death room.

"LET ME OUT! FUCKING LET ME OUT YOU ASSHOLES!" I yelled

That went on until the next morning. I guess punching someone gets me isolated for 9 hours...good to know.

When I did get out, I went straight to the cafeteria. Opening the doors I saw Charlie yelling at Oscar.

"YOUR FAULT! IT'S YOUR DAMN FAULT!" Charlie yelled.

Ms. Kiley got here quickly and grabbed Charlie trying to calm him down.

"What happened?" Ms. Kiley asked to the people around

No one said anything.

"Little shit was getting mad that I got his boyfriend locked up." Oscar said with a smirk.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Charlie yelled

Charlie's Schizophrenia was really starting to take shape.

Ms. Kiley immediately pulled Charlie back, "Mom!" He cried out.

"I know Charlie." She said

Mrs. Grace came in making Ms. Kiley sigh in relief.

They got Oscar into some therapy class for right.

"Jacob, can you take Charlie to his room?" Ms. Kiley asked me.

Immediately I said yes and walked out the door holding Charlie's hand.

We stopped once we got down the hallway to the front counter. "Charlie?" I asked as he stared down the hallway.

"Mama?" He asked shakily

The lady turned to him, "Charlie there you are."

"Mom!" Charlie yelled trying to get Ms. Kiley's attention. He got it alright since Ms. Kiley came running out in search of Charlie.

When she saw what we were looking at and turned red, annoyed.

"I thought I said you weren't allowed to come back." Ms. Kiley said harshly.

"I came to see my son." The lady responded

"Some mother. After 6 years you decided to come back?" Ms. Kiley snared

"Charlie come here." The lady said

Charlie only backed up into me, shaking.

I don't know who this lady is, but she's making Charlie uncomfortable. So I hate her.

"Jacob please get Charlie to his room." Ms. Kiley said

"Charlie!" The lady yelled to him.

Charlie froze under the commands and started to walk to the lady still shaking violently.

I followed him and tried to get him to turn back, when we finally got the front, Charlie looked like he was having a panic attack.

"Good boy Charlie." The lady said

"Don't talk to him like a dog." Ms. Kiley said

Ms. Kiley looked at Charlie and tears went down his face

"Charlie please go back to the room." Ms. Kiley said nicely

"No, Charlie, stay." The lady said louder then Ms. Kiley, gaining control of Charlie.

Gently I hugged Charlie from the front trying to gain his attention. Luckily I got it.

He had his eyes on me and I smiled, "We can go back to your room and listen to music ok?" I asked to him

Slowly Charlie nodded, "No Charlie!" The lady shouted

Charlie went back into panic mode, and started to shake in my hold.

"That's it." Ms. Kiley said, "Jacob got Charlie back to his room now. I don't care if you have to carry him."

Carefully I picked Charlie up with his arms around my neck and his legs on either side of me.

Walking to his room I heard the shouted of the lady and Ms. Kiley.

Still, when we got to his room and we both laid down.

He buried his head in my chest trying to get away from everything else.

Now I had to figure out who that lady was and get Oscar out of here.

"Thank you." Charlie said quietly

I looked down at him only for him to kiss me. This time was different. It lasted more than a few milliseconds.

This one lasted 5 seconds.

When he pulled away he went right back to my chest. Gently I pulled the covers over both of us and somehow went to sleep.

Waking up I saw it was almost dinner time, but not yet.

Charlie was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him. So I stayed until he woke up, which was about 5 minutes later.

Watching him wake up was magical, his eyes would stare back into mine.

"Good morning." He whispered

I laughed a bit, "Charlie it's 6:56PM." I responded

He didn't seem to want to listen as he buried his head back into me. "You're warm..." He whispered

"That's what happens when you're under the covers." I said

"Yeah...I like warm..." He said tangling our legs together.

Jesus Christ he had no idea what he did to me.

"We have to go eat dinner." I said to him

"5 more minutes..." He said

"5 more minutes and all the good things will be gone, come on." I said pulling the covers.

He winded feeling the cold air. "No!" He yelled at me pulling the covers back over him.

"Fine, I'll get you a pudding cup." I said ruffling his hair.

He grabbed my hand before I got far, and pulled her towards him to kiss me, "Thank you."

I sighed and went out for dinner.

Opening the doors to the cafeteria I felt pairs of eyes on me, the feeling left except for 1.

Oscar

Mrs. Grace gave me a pudding cup automatically, it's just something I always got, I wonder why.

Any-way, Wendy came up to me, "How's Charlie? I heard he got in a fight with his mom." She said

"So that was his mom. Not really a fight, more like, 'Come here' and 'Take him to his room' from Ms. Kiley." I explained

"Oh ok, so how's things with him?" She asked

"You have no idea..." I said laughing a bit.

"Ok but like are you...you know?" She asked, making an 'Ok' sign with her hands and putting her index finger through it.

My eyes went wide as the blood rushed to my face, "W-what! No! He's 14 for fucks sake!" I whisper to her.

She shrugged, "You never know. Who knows how hormonal boys get."

"It never even crossed my mind before you brought it up." I told her

"Is a lover boy getting some action?" Someone said.

"See what you did?" I groaned

I turned to see who said that and, surprise surprise, it was Oscar.

"More action than you'll ever get." I said even though it most likely wasn't true. I've never had sex, but I was only 15. Which was better than some.

Charlie was my first kiss, so what? It felt good for Charlie to have it.

"You like it up the ass?" Oscar asked

"No but I'm about to shove something up yours." I retaliated

The doors open to reveal, Charlie!

He looked annoyed though, "I just asked for pudding." He said walking over to me.

I handed him the pudding and a plastic spoon, to which, guess what? He kissed me.

In front of everyone.

And holy fuck did it feel amazing.

It wasn't a big kiss, just a simple peck, but it was amazing.

"Thank you." He said walking out.

Looking back at the cafeteria, they all stared at me.

"I was close. I was close." Wendy said, drawing out the second sentence.

"Told ya be was a fag." Oscar said.

Charlie wasn't here to see my anger, so free for all.

Let's just say, I got 12 hours of isolation.

Fun Fact: Jacob's name was originally going to be either Jacob, Jordan, or Gabe.

Words: 2485

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 317 17
Josh had committed suicide, but he has a chance at redemption. Only if he can save another person from the same fate. He's given time back on Earth...
2.6K 68 30
I never considered the possibility of saying it outloud to him. To tell him the words i wouldn't even dare wisper to him. The way his eyes are focuse...
4.9K 182 18
It's hard to watch the love of your life spiral into darkness, it's even harder when you cant help. After Oliver's death, he watches over his boyfrie...
531K 33.7K 32
Adam is a Neet. He never leaves his apartment unless he absolutely has to. He holes himself up, only giving attention to his comics and cartoons. How...