Fighting Together (BNHA x Mal...

By alphafox270

The events of the USJ have left an impression on all of the students of class 1-A, however, when it comes to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 18

2.3K 77 116
By alphafox270

(3rd Person)

Snapping his eyes open, (Y/N) found himself in a location that wasn't discernable through his eyes... all he saw was blackness. He tried to find something, anything to lighten the darkness, but only found his vision filled with darkness still... the last thing he remembered was a device sucking him and Mark inside it when he visited his room in the orphanage. The teenager took a deep breath, reaching his hand up and moving forward... nothing... just thin air as his footsteps echoed in whatever location he was at.

As (Y/N) was thinking about stopping, his hand made contact with something solid, he stopped, feeling around as the solid object was large, going as far as his hand could reach upwards and sidewards. The gritty and flat object could easily be identified as a wall as (Y/N) placed a second hand on the wall, blindly following it as he felt along the wall while still being blinded by the darkness. He kept going, the blind search going on for what felt like hours but was most likely just a minute or two in reality... finally, he felt a different object to the wall, another flat surface that seemed further into the wall, placing his other hand on it, (Y/N) immediately knew it was a door thanks to the cool metal that he felt instantly causing his nerves to jump. With a quick search, (Y/N) found the doorknob and hoped it was unlocked... only to groan mentally as the doorknob stopped short, finding resistance with his command to unlock.

The mute stepped back, thinking of something to open the door... while punching it down would be easy, if he was in an enemy base, he would alert the villains instantly. (Y/N) doubted they would leave the key in the room, so a normal exit wasn't going to happen... then there was the option of causing a racket in the room to alert whoever is outside, knock them unconscious and escape... but again that would just be another variant of the first idea since eventually they would discover he was missing. Suddenly... the lights in the room flickered on much to (Y/N)'s concern and confusion.

He spun around, and found himself in an empty room, the walls grey and dull with no windows, no mirrors. Nothing but walls, a ceiling, a floor and a metal door again with no window. He looked around, and saw the source of the lights turning on as he saw a switch on the wall next to the door flipped up. (Y/N) walked over, inspecting the switch with an eyebrow raised.

???: Don't shout.

Startled, the teenager spun again, this time coming face to face with a masked individual, they wore a silver cloak which covered their entire body, including the hood covering their head while their face was hidden behind a white-faced mask which only allowed (Y/N) to see a pair of blue eyes staring at him with what appeared to be determination and... respect?

???: Make a single noise, and they'll know we're here... now, I kind of lied when I gave those letters to you, it was only because I knew your friend Mark would follow... I could meet you an infinite amount of times and not risk anything... as long as my identity is kept in the dark that is. So, just call me Sam. It's not my real name, just a name I'll give to you so we can still meet.

(Y/N): 'How did you get in here?'

Sam: My quirk.

(Y/N): 'Which is?'

Sam: Not telling... and if it wasn't obvious enough, I can understand sign language, so there's no need to use notes on me. Come on...

The masked figure placed their hand on the door, a click was heard from the lock before the door swung open much to (Y/N)'s confusion, Sam exited the room, turning back and looking at (Y/N) with what he assumed to be a raised eyebrow.

Sam: You coming? If you're wondering about the door, that's part of my quirk... I have been training my quirk for over fifty years.

Instantly, (Y/N) jumped in surprise, his eyes going wide at the person's claim since Sam didn't sound over fifty years old.

Sam: Again, I'm younger than I look because of another way I can use my quirk. Just, don't ask anymore questions and let's go, ok?

(Y/N): 'How do I know you're not working for Karma?'

Sam: Karma? You mean that psycho masochist? No way in hell would I work for someone like that, never...

Sam's voice trailed off, their tone hardening and their fists clenched. But, they quickly composed themselves and then took a familiar device out of their pocket.

Sam: This is a device that sucks in any third dimension lifeform, manually overrides their particles to become Second dimension and store inside here... the only person who can override the particles back to normal is whoever the device is biologically assigned to you, that person is me. It's a device that was created by a girl named Mei Hatsume to capture villains who were too tough to fight head on.

(Y/N): 'Hatsume? I swear I heard that name somewhere...'

Sam: It wasn't that long ago you saw her, pink hair? Crazy about inventions.

He nodded, finally exiting the room and reluctantly following Sam as they found themselves in a dark hallway with dim lights coming from the ceiling. He sighed as the only sound was their footsteps echoing across the stone floor.

Sam: As for where we are, it's a secret base of the man known as Overhaul. This base was only meant to be used for finding Eri, now that he's got her, this base won't last long. First he'll gather any and all evidence of being here, burn it, then blow the whole thing sky-high so that he can make sure no little clue is left behind. That's the reason why he didn't take off with Eri the moment he got her; he needed time to gather and destroy evidence. You're very lucky I decided to contact you when I did, otherwise you would've heard about an explosion in the news and no chance of getting her back.

(Y/N): 'So, should I be thanking you?'

Sam: It would be appreciated, it's always an honour to gain praise from you.

(Y/N): 'How do you know me so well? And why am I some kind of celebrity to you?'

Sam: Long story, can't explain it. But, you're much more famous than you think. Your recent victory at the Sports Festival for a start.

They continued walking down the hallway, walking cautiously as they were trying to hide their footsteps despite them being loud from the hallway being empty and long. Suddenly, they stopped with Sam turning to a door on their left.

Sam: Through here, the hallway's long, but it doesn't go all the way to where Eri is. If we go through here we...

Sam was surprised when (Y/N) grabbed them by their shoulders, slamming them straight through the door, Sam tumbled through the door as (Y/N) entered while cracking his neck.

(Y/N): Right... you're being way too suspicious now, and I'm in a bad mood, so...

He cracks his knuckles while almost giving Sam a glare.

(Y/N): How the hell, do you know all this? No long story bullshit, tell me... now...

Sam: Do we... really... have time for this!?

The masked person stood to their feet, heaving before gasping as their gut was met with (Y/N)'s knee, he grabbed Sam's head, delivering a fierce headbutt that cracked the top of the mask. He then tossed Sam forward, slamming the masked person straight through another door, coughing while wrapping an arm around their stomach.

Sam: Ok! Ok! Just... listen, I'm not an enemy! I know this information because it was relayed to me... I learned everything through someone else.

Obviously, (Y/N) wasn't satisfied with that answer so he jumped forward, ramming his shoulder into Sam and sending them flying again through yet another door which led to a hallway.

Sam: I can't tell you!!

But, their options were quickly running out as (Y/N) seemed to rear his fist back while his brow began to furrow. Sam's expression became fearful, tears beginning to appear in their eyes as they shouted in desperation.

Sam: I'm from the future!!

His fist halted, his expression becoming confusion and disbelief.

Sam: It's true! I'm from the future! The year 2094, I'm... my quirk... is time. I can do things with time like reverse it on objects and people, travel through it and even stop it... I... can't control it properly though so I'm kind of stuck here since the more I use it... the more I kill myself.

Now (Y/N)'s expression became complete confusion, Sam sighed, getting to their feet and controlling their breathing.

Sam: When I mess with time, I need to make a sacrifice... bones, blood or flesh do. So, I choose the one that can regenerate the quickest which is my blood... I'm from the future, and I got the information from you, you were so insistent on getting this right... and now I see why you apologised before I went back to this time... ugh... point is, I might be creating a paradox doing this, but that's how I know everything about this place and Karma because you told me about it!

But, all that got was (Y/N)'s scoff as he walked past Sam, heading straight down the new hallway. Sam lightly coughed, getting to their feet, but not following (Y/N).

Sam: I am from the future!

Was all they said, (Y/N) rolled their eyes, ready to turn and give Sam another eye roll but was surprised to see Sam had disappeared from his eyesight. (Y/N) frowned, humming at the disappearance and claim that Sam made, but sighed while shrugging his shoulders as he had more important matters to attend to. He turned, heading down the hall again until he finally came to a metal door at the end of the hall which had three different types of locks on the door... with a deadpan look, he raised his fist slightly.

The door was smashed off its hinges, startling Eri as she looked through the glass window... with her hand in the air as she had been for the last hour been pointing towards the sky like Mark had told her before, hoping that (Y/N) would be there when she would look up. Eri narrowed her teary eyes, wondering who just bust the door at the end of the hallway down... then her tears flowed freely, but in joy as she saw the familiar (H/C) hair popping out of the smoke.

Eri: Big... brother!

Instantly, (Y/N) was in front of the glass, placing his hand on it and giving Eri a reassuring smile, he reared his fist back which caused Eri to step back... as he brought his fist forward, he was stopped by a voice.

???: Well, well, well... so you did find this place after all... it's nice to see you again, hero.

(Y/N) almost gave into his quirk as he turned with a frown, Karma cockily smiled back, waving mockingly.

Karma: You won't get through the glass, we reinforced it so that not even All Might at his full strength could break that thing... instead... why don't we play a little game?

As Karma said that, she produced her weapons from her pockets, sliding the spiked knuckles over her hands, her smile turning deranged while her eyes were wild with glee.

Karma: The first one to bleed is the loser!!!

She charged forward, (Y/N) stepped to the side, grabbing Karma's head and slamming her face into the glass causing Eri to cringe as she got a front row seat to Karma's smushed face against the glass. Karma mumbled something, causing (Y/N) to pull her head back.

Karma: Cheap-

Her quirk was cut off by (Y/N) slamming her face into the glass again, causing her to let out a grunt of pain while Eri quickly looked away, knowing instantly what was about to happen. She cringed each time she heard the slam behind her, followed by Karma beginning to plead, then turning into incoherent mumbles... finally, after a while, the glass smashed causing Eri to jump and turn. Only to see a rather angry (Y/N) avoiding looking at either Karma or Eri while he glared at the wall, Karma laid on the floor, almost lifeless. The only sign of her being alive was the slow breathing, Eri didn't dare turn Karma over as she remembered the last time Karma took a beating from (Y/N).

Suddenly, a hand was placed on her shoulder and she looked up to see (Y/N) with a small smile on his face, relief flooded her entire system as Eri broke down once again, jumping up and finding comfort in (Y/N) who only returned the hug. Once again, Eri's quirk was on full blast and yet... (Y/N) wasn't being affected at all, he sighed while allowing Eri to cry into his shoulder, letting her fear wash away before picking her up.

???: Now, that won't do...

The boy spun around, this time it was a man with short black hair, a mask that looked like a bird's beak and wearing a combination of a coat and suit.

???: Little Eri... I told you, you're only trouble for people, just look at what you made this poor hero do, he's had to break down so many doors, he got kidnapped and he even had to touch you... your curse luckily didn't activate.

Immediately, Eri began shaking, her terror returning as (Y/N) was even closer to glaring than ever before since he instantly could tell who this person was from Eri's reaction to the bird-masked man. He remembers Karma mentioning this man's name before... Overhaul.

Overhaul: Little hero, would you mind handing my daughter Eri back to me? I'm sure she's been so troubleso-

He was cut off by a fist slamming into his ribs, Overhaul went flying. Eri looked up in surprise to see (Y/N) a few feet in front of her, his fist extended and clenched hard enough to see the bulging veins under his knuckles. Overhaul groaned, pulling himself out of the wall.

Overhaul: Oh, what I wouldn't give to not fight such a filthy kid... where are the others when I need them? Oh... I forgot, I didn't take them with me because I thought this wouldn't be difficult. Oh well...

Eri's fear grew as she watched Overhaul grab his white gloves, pulling them off and tossing them to the side.

Eri: B-big brother... don't... touch...

While he tried to listen to Eri, (Y/N) kept up his guard, he knew something bad would happen should Overhaul get close... the gloves being discarded gave it away that his quirk must have something to do with touching... and Eri's warning confirmed it. Before he could think further, Overhaul placed his hand on the ground... causing it to start splitting apart much to (Y/N)'s confusion as he watched spikes made from earth poke out of the ground, he grabbed Eri, jumping up and using his legs to kick any spikes that tried to attack, shattering them all before safely landing on the ground and running towards Overhaul.

More spikes appeared, (Y/N) made sure to avoid them while keeping Eri safe in his arms, he jumped over the first spike, kicked the second one and then made a direct jump towards Overhaul who raised a hand, his fingers outstretched towards (Y/N)... who kicked the wall next to him and causing it to shatter so the fragments of the wall fell in their path. Overhaul clicked his tongue, jumping back to avoid the fragments as (Y/N) stayed in front of the masked villain, keeping his eyes on him.

Overhaul: Hmm... it appears you are stuck, you see... I'm willing to hurt Eri since I can piece her body back together should she fall apart... but, you're too afraid of my touch, so you can't get near me without fearing for the outcome. Fear is what holds you back... fear for your life, fear for Eri's life... I don't fear such a thing... because I never fear what will happen when I can control it!!

He slams both hands on the ground again, instead of spikes, the ground began waving much to (Y/N)'s concern before he watched the metal wrap around his feet, Overhaul stood up straight... only to go wide-eyed when he witnessed (Y/N) pull his legs out of the metal trap easily, then sent the remains flying towards Overhaul like projectiles... of course, Overhaul only needed to touch the metal parts to cause them to stop in their tracks, however, when he moved the metal, (Y/N) was gone.

Overhaul: What!?

The villain let out a grunt as he was kicked onto his front, he turned once he fell down to the floor, but only caught a glimpse of (Y/N) as he punched his way through the wall... he thought quickly and used his quirk on the ground again, just in time to catch (Y/N) and trip him up before he could use his full speed. (Y/N) rolled across the floor of the outside, grunting in pain while protecting Eri again before quickly coming to a stop, jumping to his feet as Overhaul came through the hole in the base's wall.

Overhaul: You won't get far... not with me, why not surrender Eri? After all, no one can help her, she and her quirk are a curse... if you continue to keep her, you'll only bring pain and suffering on yourself and those around you. Give her to me, I'm the only one who can give the brat a purpose.

All he got was a growl, (Y/N) clenched his fists, ready to fight again while Overhaul scoffed, slowly crouching and ready to place his hand on the ground.

Overhaul: I may not know your quirk, but I assume it's something to do with strength and speed... no child can pull off the feats you have normally. So... what will you do, knowing that every action you take will only result in my quirk overpowering you?

Overhaul was surprised when he got his answer in the form of (Y/N) using his speed to quickly reach him, Overhaul used his quirk to create a stone wall from the ground... but it was quickly demolished by (Y/N) as he punched through the wall, before spinning on the spot and slamming his leg into Overhaul's face sending the villain flying and slamming into the wall with a growl.

Overhaul: Interesting... very interesting... but not enough...

(Y/N) grew a confused frown, keeping his eyes on both Overhaul and Eri who decided to hide behind an alleyway, watching the two fight with fearful eyes. Meanwhile... Overhaul had used his quirk in a rather peculiar way, first he touched his leg... causing it to explode... but then he quickly touched the metal wall behind him and replaced his leg with a metal one... (Y/N) immediately charged forward, seeing what Overhaul was up to... however, he was too late as he was sent flying by a metal kick to the gut... he looked up after landing on his feet to see all but Overhaul's arms and legs become metal, he kept his hands as flesh.

Overhaul: Huh... I honestly didn't think that would work... but, that's what experiments are known for: their unpredictable results!

(Y/N) charged again, but was stopped dead in his tracks as Overhaul raised his arms, blocking the kick before lashing out, (Y/N) quickly raised his other leg, slamming it into Overhaul's arms as well, this caused Overhaul to lose his guard. (Y/N) landed on his feet, sweeping Overhaul's feet from under him and kicking him in the ribs. He then ran after Overhaul, attempting to punch him in the stomach but was intercepted by another metal arm... and then a metal leg to his gut once more causing (Y/N) to flinch as he felt his body start to grow numb. He quickly jumped away from Overhaul's outstretched hand, panting slightly from the damage he sustained. He grew wide-eyed, looking to his left and spotting a head of red hair hiding, Overhaul looked over in the direction with a smirk.

Overhaul: Ah... it seems Karma's been doing her job quite well... I was wondering why you were slowing down all of a sudden... she must've been damaging herself purposefully and waiting until you got into her range.

They both heard a loud shriek, both turning to see Karma fully revealing herself... but with a twisted leg which made (Y/N) go wide-eyed, he quickly ran towards Overhaul but...

Karma: Cheap Trick!!!

He screamed mentally as he started to feel his leg twist unnaturally causing him to fall on his face, Overhaul chuckled, walking up to (Y/N) and crouching in front of his face.

Overhaul: You were too focused on Eri and myself, hero, you failed to think that maybe Karma found a way to restore herself while we were fighting... you forgot all about her because you believed she was easy to take out...

The villain raised his hand, fingers stretching slightly.

Overhaul: Normally, I'm against killing children... but, I can tell you're going to be a thorn in my side should you live... especially since you're the one who took Eri away from me. Sorry... and farewell...

He stretched his hand out towards (Y/N)'s face, (Y/N) attempted to get away, but the sudden pain in his leg stopped him momentarily, he watched as the hand came closer... he was beginning to furrow his brows, ready to use his quirk... when Overhaul suddenly stopped, it was then he who screamed in pain, backing away while grabbing his bleeding arm. He looked over, (Y/N) followed his gaze and saw Karma with a smug smile, a knife dragging across her arm.

Karma: That's the future number one hero boss, the one who'll be my opponent when I take over your position, so kindly step away from him...

Overhaul: Y-you!!

Karma: One more step, and I stab my heart! Oh, and if you're wondering how you're the only one affected Boss... well, let's just say my experiences with (Y/N) there have helped me grow...

Karma started walking forward, knife raised over her heart with her still smug smile before she stopped right in front of (Y/N), facing Overhaul.

Karma: So, boss... here's what's going to happen... you're going to let Eri go back to (Y/N). Because if my future opponent becomes depressed because his little sister's not with him... I might as well be fighting a carcass, you can punish me, I don't care... just make sure this guy's looked after properly.

She then turned towards (Y/N), a massive grin on her face.

Karma: Don't misunderstand, hero... I'm still a villain. I'm saving you only because you're no good to our destined fight if you become a shallow husk.

As Karma turned back to Overhaul, she kept walking towards him intimidatingly, her knife raised over her heart with precise aim as she awaited Overhaul's answer... suddenly, Karma found herself on the floor, her hands pinned to the ground and then a head slamming itself into her own and knocking her out immediately.

Mark: Gotcha, you bitch!!

However, Mark failed to notice Overhaul flinging himself towards him, (Y/N) would've used his quirk... but he would risk Mark being in the way, so instead... he could do only one thing that may have possibly saved Mark.

(Y/N): Behind you!!!!

Mark was startled to hear (Y/N)'s voice, but turned quickly, he went wide-eyed to see the man in the bird mask with wild eyes heading towards him, hand outstretched. He should've used his speed to run... or his strength to hit him away... but this was a moment of pure adrenaline and so his body reacted before he could think... Mark raised one arm, trying to defend himself... the moment Overhaul touched his arm, Mark went wide-eyed as he felt and saw his arm explode making him cry out from the unimaginable pain. He fell back, clutching where his arm once was while Overhaul ran over to where Eri was... but, (Y/N) used his quirk finally, glaring at the villain who stopped in his tracks, covering his throat while his mask spewed blood.

Overhaul: Not... enough!!!

He glared back over at (Y/N), slamming his hand onto the ground and causing many slabs of earth to rise up, and attempt to crush (Y/N) who quickly reacted by holding them up, taking his eyes off Overhaul who grabbed a fearful Eri. (Y/N) growled, pushing the rubble off him and pushing himself to one foot. He watched with a glare as Overhaul ran off with Eri down the alley... he began to run after them... but immediately remembered Mark's current predicament. He ran over to his best friend as best he could, ripping his shirt off and wrapping it around the stubble of Mark's arm which continued to bleed.

(Y/N) cursed mentally, tears of frustration beginning to build in his eyes as he watched his best friend bleed out, his little sister kidnapped... and him most likely in trouble as he looked up when he heard the police sirens... no doubt working with the heroes as well... the police and heroes burst onto the scene, going wide-eyed at the sight in front of them... (Y/N)... a leg twisted which made him fail to run properly... Mark... with an arm missing, screaming and cursing from the pain. And Karma... passed out with a knife dropped by her side.

To be continued..... In Volume 3.

(A/N): Volume 2 is done... geez... what a gory and sad ending huh? Looks like Mark messed up everything huh? Ah well, you can't really blame him since he didn't really know what was going on... right? Guess it's time to prepare you guys and gals for the next book which is................ RWBY Volume 4!!!! Anyways, thank you guys and gals so much for the awesome continued support and as always: eat one or more brownies every day!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 16.3K 66
A whole lot of fluff. 🌸✨Some agnst too. This is a story filled with soft Bakugo. Miyamoto Katsumi is a shy, nervous girl who came into class 1-A at...
3.4K 78 33
A shy girl meets a young quirkless boy.They face the struggles of becoming heroes and of life.Will they become friends?Possibly best friends?Or even...
60.3K 808 65
I DO NOT OWN MHA/BNHA You graduated UA, and you were one of the best students. However, you weren't allowed to become a hero because of your dangerou...
31K 675 18
Soulmate AU Y/n lives in a world where Soulmates and Powers called quirk exists. Everyone has a soulmate including herself. In this Universe whatever...