CONFLICTED

De SIR__JAY

Wattpad featured✓ AmbassadorsNG reading list✓ CONFLICTED: Life is hard enough and for Christopher, it just g... Mais

•Prologue•
Chapter 2| Mysterious
Chapter 3| Happiness
Chapter 4| House party
Chapter 5| People change
Chapter 6| Anger issues
Chapter 7| PTSD
Chapter 8| Lovesick
Chapter 9| Contract
Chapter 10| Chemistry
Chapter 11| Exam week
Chapter 12| Ex
Chapter 13| Hypocrite
Chapter 14| Bet
Chapter 15| Crush
Chapter 16| Bad news
Chapter 17| Relay race
Chapter 18| Capiche
Chapter 19| Painting
Chapter 20| Ella's kiss
Chapter 21| Zombie
Chapter 22| Run
Chapter 23| Suspended
Chapter 24| BRT
Chapter 25| Valentine
Chapter 26| Suicide
Chapter 27| Mad Tracy
Chapter 28| Goosebumps
Chapter 29| Jerk
Chapter 30| Ride home
Chapter 31| First impression
Chapter 32| Tomboy
Chapter 33| Panic attack
Chapter 34| Sleepover
Chapter 35| Ice cream store
Chapter 36| Resolution
Chapter 37| T or D
Chapter 38| Disaster
Chapter 39| Hard to get
Chapter 40| Lavender
Chapter 41| Bonkers
Chapter 42| Revenge
Chapter 43| Snake plant
Chapter 44| Slytherin
Chapter 45| Home alone
Chapter 46| Feelings
Chapter 47| Jealous
Chapter 48| Wedding
Chapter 49| Friend zone
Chapter 50| Third wheel
Chapter 51| Bonhomie
Chapter 52| Fanboy
Chapter 53| Soulmate
Chapter 54| Second choice
Chapter 55| Confession
Chapter 56| Mob
Chapter 57| Letter
Chapter 58| Mikasa's crib
Chapter 59| Squirt
Chapter 60| Trust
•Epilogue•
Sequel!!!
🅡🅐🅝🅓🅞🅜
🅑🅞🅝🅤🅢 🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡

Chapter 1| Newbie

369 60 91
De SIR__JAY

Chapter 1: Newbie

We arrived at the school gate and I checked the time on my wrist watch.

"7:46. Just in time."

I was driven down here in my father's SUV by his chauffeur, Tobi.

My father was simply outraged that I slept in this morning but he was too engrossed in his office paperwork to find a suitable punishment for me.

Before my mom died, he was a medical doctor in practice. He had taken over his dad's hospital and had been running it back when grandpa died.

And now that he resigned from his military service ever since my mom's death, he was back at the hospital.

"I won't be driving you into the school premises since I need to take your father to the hospital in time. You messed up our schedule anyway so the fault is yours." Tobi said while eying me in the overhead mirror.

I nodded and alighted the car, showing the security men the ID card I had collected after my entrance exams before stepping into the school premises and making my way to the admin block.

On getting to the administrative building, I was directed to the receptionist who looked me over a couple of times with wary eyes behind her small eyeglasses <because of my skin color, I presume> before she handed me the school map and my locker number only after a few questioning. I briskly made my exit and finally proceeded into the school.

Looking around, I dwelled on the view once more of this vast land with magnificent structures as I passed by other students. I kept on walking down a footpath for an excruciating while till I considered the possibility of getting lost. Taking a quick glance at the map again, I realized I really couldn't figure out where my class block was.

Chrisland high was a huge institution in every sense, with the junior school segregated from the senior block and the auditorium. There were two separate hostels, each for the males and females, a tennis court, football field, marathon field and other recreational spots. There was the gym, library, laboratories, art studio, farm, and sundries. I know right? My father sure picked out the best school for me to attend. And one with my name written all over it.

"8:15. Damnit!"

I gave up on the map and looked up just in time to find a guy my age walking past me.

"Um, hey. Do you care to point out where the senior block's at?"

The boy stopped and turned to me with the warmest smile. "Sure. That's where I'm also headed."

No shit. I was heading past the school.

"Oh thanks. I would've lost my way if it wasn't for you. But if the school is this way, where....?" I faltered with a skeptical look towards the path he'd come.

"Oh, no I'm coming from my dorm. I'm a boarder."

"You are?"

"Yeah. I slept in so I missed the shuttle and here I am. Walking." he smiled and I nodded hesitantly.

"Makes two of us."

We headed on to our supposed building and I cleared my throat before speaking again.

"I'm guessing you're a senior?"

Taking my sweet time, I let my eyes do the wandering on my company. Good-looking?: check. Tall?: check. Got style?: check. Smoking hot?: check. May I go on? I was quite certain that a lot of girls were swooning all over him.

He had on a white customized shirt with the school's badge slapped on the left breast just beneath the school jacket and a red tie hanging down his neck. His grey pants had no crease and completing the sleek look were the chosen ashy socks and Fendi moccasins that screamed wealth. His punk dreads appealed to me the most and just taking note of his looks so I wasn't gawking here.

and definitely not gay.

On the other hand, I haven't received my uniform yet.

"Yeah. Seven more months and we're out of this hellhole." he uttered in one breath.

"That, everyone is looking forward to." I said, "The school is fine though. The ambience and entire scenery here is bitching."

"Mhm," he nodded with a proud smug, "but hey, don't forget we students are the fun and what we'll miss. The school itself? Total crap wrapped in bullshit, trust me."

I laughed at that.

"Just like how dreadful it is to have physics first period after an eyewash of some dumb orientation." he grunted with a scrunch of his nose.

"Yo, I know the pain and... it seems we're in the same boat. I'm a science too." I admitted with a replica of the pained look.

Don't get me wrong. I loved school, I loved studying and I was a nerd. All thanks to my father. Note the sarcasm.

Just that even for a nerd, education was a solid pain in the ass. Which darts back to my life yarn... I always topped the class by the end of each term. That's if I didn't want my father handing me half of my ass and have me walk around with the other half.

We got to the two-storey structure of a vibrant red and cream color with an inviting aura to it as if inviting one for a hug. We went up to the glass doors and as both our reflections materialized, I checked myself out for a hot minute.

Like I aforementioned, I had not collected the school uniform so the term newbie was imaginably labelled all over me. On me were black faded jean pants and a multicolored t-shirt with white converses to go. My black tousled hair fell to my forehead in its wetness, only inches away from meeting my thick eyebrows.

The boy got to the door before me and opened it.

"I need to catch up with friends of mine, you'll be cool yeah?" he shouted over the welcoming noise as he trotted off.

"Yeah, thank you for the...!" I yelled, hoping he'd hear me out. "Walk."

Sighing as his figure disappeared in the crowd, I looked back to the crowded lobby and adjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder before making my way through clusters of teenagers only too happy to be back in school with friends to share gists with. Soon, I reached the hallway and subtly gasped at the numerous polished lockers aligned on the opposite walls.

"319... Locker 319... 319..." I muttered continuously as if doing so would bring my locker into sight.

I finally found the green cubic locker between a blue and red locker. I motioned to it and took a peak into the second hallway which the current hallway led off into. The hall consisted of the principal's and vice-principal's offices, the restrooms and a staircase at the far end. I returned to my green locker and slipped my ID across the sensor box stuck on the locker.

It clicked as it unlocked and when I opened it, an empty space stared right back at me. I shoved my bag into the locker and glanced at my watch for the umpteenth time today.

8:30 am? And yet the first period or at least the orientation hasn't started yet... Oh, maybe additional time has been added to get new students to school in time.

I shrugged.

"Nope. It's just first day of resumption ritual. No one's rushing and all."

I didn't realize I was thinking out loud until I heard the response and when I turned to the voice, my heart nearly skipped a beat.

fuck me!

I gazed at the Aphrodite busy with the blue locker next to mine and watched as she silently retrieved a text from her locker as if she had not just spoken to me.

or did she?

I turned to my locker and closed my eyes to get my head in order before steering her way again, about to say something only to realize she was gone. I looked around and searched for her amidst the throng before deciding I've been daydreaming.

A buzzer buzzed round the school indicating first period, and I quickly grabbed my books before closing the locker which automatically locked itself up.

Alright, let my dreadful day begin.

Vote and comment.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

178K 34.5K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...
32.7K 4.6K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
156K 14.9K 59
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL. *COMPLETED* Highest ranking. #1 out of 369 lagos #2/22/20 #1 out of 28 lekki #3/11/20 #9 out of 1.52k besti...
12.6K 2.2K 53
ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡, 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑎𝑑𝑒...