He's My BadBoy

By writergxrll

Talia Ramsay and Ryder Smith always hated each other. Most people in their school would call them enemy's, so... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five (I)
Chapter forty-five (II)
New story
Epilogue
Extra chapter

Chapter thirty-five

34.8K 843 206
By writergxrll

It's been a few months since I lost the baby and a lot has changed since then. For starters Ryder and I haven't spoken since the morning after I stayed at his place when we left the hospital, which I don't think was intentional but we both needed space to grieve. I still get sad about our baby and wish things went differently but my coping mechanism is the gym and unfortunately in every case you have to keep going, even if that's the last thing you want to do. I got the butterfly tattoo I always wanted along with angel wings in memory of the baby.

I switch out of my day dream when someone drops a weight in the gym. I turn up my music along with the speed on my treadmill. Today's my first day back at school since everything and it's the last thing I want to do hence why I came to the gym - I needed an escape. I haven't talked to anyone in so long apart from mom and Emily who forced me out of my room most days and if you haven't already guessed are forcing me to go to school today.

Once I'm finished in the gym I shower and put on some baby blue sports leggings and a black cropped sweater. I decide against wearing make up and let my straight hair cascade down my back

I take a deep breath once I park at school. A knock on my window makes me look over and I see Shay standing there a small smile on her face. I open my door and grab my car before getting out of the car.

"Hey" I say my voice quieter than ever before

"Hey Talia" she says "I'm so sorry about what happened" she gives me a sympathetic smile "I can't imagine what you and Ryder are going through"

I smile and blink back the tears threatening to fall, noticeably still not over it "thank you"

"I'd you want to ditch class, or want to talk about it I'm always here"

The bell signalling the start of classes rings so Shay and I walk into school together. The sympathetic stares I'm receiving from everyone are a lot harder to deal with than I expected. I have English first class with Ms Henry which - because I need to go to my locker - I'm probably going to be a few minutes late for

"I don't know what's going on with anything in your life really, but feel free to join us at lunch" Shay smiles leaning against the locker beside mine

"Be careful, I might actually have to take you up on that offer" I attempt to joke

Shay smiles "well I'd like that" she stands up straight "now I need to get to history so I'll see you then"

"Bye" I say and grab my books

I walk down the corridor toward English. Once I open the door everyone looks towards me most of them seem shocked I'm even here "sorry I'm late" I say my voice low again

Ms Henry nods and I take my seat. I notice Ryders not here and wonder if he has been back to school yet either. Ms Henry gives me a brief summary of everything I missed before class returns as normal.

Ten minutes before the end of class the door opens and Ryder walks in

He doesn't say anything instead give Ms Henry a quick nod before walking towards his seat. We make eye contact but both break it almost straight away before he takes his seat.

The bell signalling the end of class rings after a few minutes later. I grab my stuff but as I'm walking out the door Ms Henry calls me back. Once everyone's gone she shuts the door and walks back to her desk

"I know you're probably sick of hearing this but I'm sorry about what happened" she says

I give her a small smile "thank you"

"If it helps I know what your going through" she tells me her own voice suddenly becoming sad and low "I told you I had one child but I should have more. I was expecting last year but unfortunately I had a miscarriage"

"I'm sorry"

She gives me a sad smile and shifts in her spot "I wasn't as far along as you were but I still miss my baby everyday"

I nod understanding where she's coming from "it's like you know you have to go back to the real world eventually but you feel selfish for doing it" I say "like if I smile or make a joke, I feel like I should be ashamed"

"I totally get where your coming from" Ms Henry agrees "but you have to say to yourself that you deserve happiness like you deserved your baby. Live for your baby, enjoy life. I know it's hard but you need to do it"

"Otherwise you'll fear ever becoming pregnant again or you'll never come out of your dark spell. They're roads you really don't want to go down at your age"

I nod and look up at her. We both seem to have the same watery as each other "thank you"

She shakes her head "It was no problem and anytime you want to talk you know where I am"

_______________

It was lunch before I knew it. Like planned I sat with Shay and the girls who came up to me all them weeks ago. I couldn't help myself from looking over at the table I used to sit at with Ryder. My seats now occupied by Sean who I also haven't talked to in weeks.

"Don't you think it's so weird how you and Ryder came back to school on the same day" one of the girls giggles "it's like you both planned it"

"It's his first day back too?" I ask having assumed he was just late to school today

Shay nods "my dad said he quit his job and he went MIA on everyone"

I look back over to their table and Seans saying something while Ryder stares off into the distance 

It's the end of the day when I'm going to my locker before anything wild happens. I hear an awkward cough from beside me and without looking I immediately know who it is

I turn my head to look at Cammy who's giving me a sympathetic smile. I don't say anything so instead she speaks up "Hey Talia, I know we haven't talked in awhile but I'm s-"

I shake my head and interrupt her "if I were you I wouldn't finish that sentence" Cammy looks taken aback for a second before she composes herself "don't think for one second I'm going to even look your way just because I lost my baby" I snap "you were supposed to be my friend but instead you showed your true colours so I mean it when I say never speak to me again"

I look across the corridor to see Ryder standing there a unreadable look on his face. He doesn't say anything instead just turns and walks away. I turn back to my locker noticing Cammys gone

"What a day"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 16.4K 42
I was dancing with Cory when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. The force they used to turn me around made me stumble a bit and spill my drink. "S...
96.7K 3.7K 20
Luke Smith grew up with a murderous father, an addict mother, and yet seemed to able to keep his sanity... Sorta. The kids on campus knew not to m...
263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
257K 8K 50
Bad girl of the school, Faye Lenards, is in for a ride when she gets partnered with the infamous bad boy, Paxton Lenox. Annoyed at all of his smart c...