That time I got reincarnated...

By Jksk99

You never had what was considered a 'normal' family, you was always treated as an outcast. The smallest of th... More

Vote results
1: New family, Similar problem.
2: Meeting a talking Slime?
3: Lizardmen and a Dryad.
4: Countdown to the reunion.
5: Fighting the Orcs and accepted.
6: Aftermath.
7. Getting judged by a king.
8. Cheery crimson dragon
9. How to tame your demon lord.
10. I want to sleep.
11. Visitors to the land of monsters.
12. Your not that bad.
13. Time for a champion
14. Prepare for a fight.
15. Big explosion, Big success.
16. Phobio gets punched.
(Actual chapter) 17. Don't anger Shion.
18. Visiting the dwarves.
19. Shizu?
21. Meeting Yuuki.
22.First day of class.
23. How to save the kids.
24. The Merchant.
25. Divination is neat.
26. Labyrinth exploration.
27. Summoning spirits.
28. Abducted
29. Anything for my family.
30. Loss
Christmas special.
31.Fairy tales
32. Discussions
My Y/N
33. Meetings.

20. Adventurers test.

2.9K 91 9
By Jksk99

Y/N Pov 

"To meet children you see in your dreams?" At the moment we are taking a break and eating at a inn inside Blumund. I don't think neither Rimuru nor I needed to take a break but I guess our guides did.

"Yeah. Shizu left them behind when she died. The dreams seamed pretty meaningful to me."

"Well, in that case we can have our guild master write you a recommendation letter." Eren suggested. "The guilds headquarters are located in Engrassia. And from what I've heard, the grand master of the entire guild used to be Shizu's apprentice. The leader's name is Yuuki kagurazaka."

"In that case, take me to Fuze this afternoon." 

"Sure thing."

After everyone had finished their food we started our trip again.

"Oh yeah, boss." Kaval called. "If your going to Engrassia I recommend registering with the guild as an adventurer first." 

"Huh? Why?"

"Adventurers do most of their work outside of town, right?" Eren rummaged through her pockets searching for something eventually pulls out a small card. "This will prove your identity in any country that recognizes the guild." 

"In that case, I should do it." We then changed our course to the adventurers registration. We went inside a building and saw a few desks with people working at them I walked up with  Rimuru since I also decided that I want to be registered it might help in the future. The woman working at the desk noticed My and Rimuru's mask "About your masks, though. everyone likes the heroes, but don't you think you two need to earn it first?" Kaval comes to our rescue. "Now, now don't pick on these two." Erne then throws her arms around the two of us. "Believe it or not, the three of us combined wouldn't be enough to beat neither of these two in a fight." 

"That's right!" Even adds visibly shocking the desk worker.

I hear a few murmurs from the crowd of people behind us not all of them too nice. "You mean those two little shrimp are tougher then Kaval's party?"

"They're just kids..."

"I don't believe it." Another one said.

Thankfully Gido turned back to shut them up. "Would you mind not bein' rude to our guests, people?" 

A collective "sorry" was heard eventually the group left us alone.

"P-pardon me. I will approve the tests then. Please write your name and which division you'd like to join." The woman slides a form to both me and Rimuru. I see Rimuru tick the combat division and so I do the same and slide the form back once it is done. "The...Combat division? Are you both sure you want to do this? And not something safer like the harvesting or exploration divisions?" She tried to change our decision but we didn't to change our minds.

"It's a practical test, right? Harvesting and exploring take too long." The slime in hiding says.

"I know, but..."

"You've got a point." A man walks up to both dad and me. He had black hair and was scruffy looking he also has lost his right leg and replaced it with a peg-leg he also used a cane for support. "Who are you?" I ask 

"Thegis. Test administrator. If you're taking it, follow me." He begins to walk away slowly. "So come with Kaval's recommendation did you? Hah! Well, let's find out if your actually any good."

"Is it me, or does that guy really not like you?" Rimuru questioned Kaval. "I also thought that." I add in. "You think? Weird..." Kaval responds scratching his neck. 

We follow Thegis out into a open area where a large group of other humans were also gathered. On the floor was a huge magic circle. Thegis also pointed to me probably telling me to enter the circle. Before I do I ask Rimuru to hand me W/N since he was carrying it in his stomach. He also patted my head and wished me luck. Not like I needed though.

"So I'm guessing I'm fighting in this circle right for the test?"

"Correct you are. It's meant to prevent damage outside of the circle. But if you take a single step out of its bounds, you fail." Thegis explains.

"Okay then I get it. So who am I fighting?" I question getting ready to wield W/N.

"Let's initiate the E-rank test. Show me you have what it takes to defeat this monster." On the floor another magic circle forms although it was different from the one I'm currently in. "Come forth Hound dog!" Out from the circle leapt a hound dog. Within seconds the blade of W/N appears glowing brightly and with one swing the head of the beast falls to the floor with blood spurting everywhere.

"HUH?!" Thegis was shocked so much he didn't move for a good couple of seconds and in the background I could Eren and the rest of the group cheering whilst Rimuru showed a thumbs up.

"Summoning magic is so cool!" I exclaimed with sparkles in my eyes. "Can you do more?!" 

"Y-yeah I can." I don't know why but Thegis looked annoyed. "Next, Come forth Dark goblin!!" Again the same circle on the floor appeared. From it what's exactly what he said it was basically a dark skinned version of gobuta. This monster didn't seem to last long either especially against my Fox-Fire that engulfed it in seconds burning it to a crisp.

Again a shocked expression swept across Thegis's face. "I'm skipping you up a grade. I no longer have any doubts that you bested Kaval's party. It would be a pain to simply run through each rank in incremental order. What do you say? Want to jump to B rank?"

"Alright sure." I answer.

"H-hey! Thegis, I think you might be over doing it a bit!" Kaval shouts. "That's right! The B-Rank opponent is especially tough even for Y/N!" Eren backs up Kaval trying to get Thegis to stop.

"I DIDN'T ASK THE PEANUT GALLERY FOR OPINIONS! THE ONE WHO TAKES THE TEST GETS TO DECIDE! Hmph... but I suppose I'll give you the chance to back out. Once you see what your up against, you are free to resign if you don't think you can win. Come forth! LESSER DEMON!"

In front of me now hovered a lesser demon with its wing flapping every so often it's face was that of a goat with a weird symbol on its head. It's tail coiled around its body and the demons limbs  are really long. I'm sure it's taller than Kurobe maybe even Geld if it stood tall and not haunched over. "Whoa." Is all I could really say.

"Gido! Go and call the guild master!" Kaval commands, he's probably worried I can't do this. Well I'll show him.

Actually forget about if I'll be okay Thegis looks like he's ready to keel over. Will he be okay?

"N-Now... M-make up your mind. Will you fight?" Thegis stuttered out. "I'll take the test. Also after using all those spells will you be okay? You look like your about to pass out."

"Heh, I'm being worried for by a child I feel pathetic. Anyway I applaude your courage. LESSER DEMON GO!"

The demon rushes to me preparing to strike me with its claw but I manage to roll out the way. Looking back at my enemy it was covered by smoke that it's previous attack created. "Analysis of lesser demon complete." Great Sage has finished its check since I asked it to once it had been summoned. "Warning. Physical attacks are ineffective against spiritual beings, further more the effects of magical attacks are reduced also."

I have an idea if magic attacks aren't completely useless I can finally test this out.

Jumping back to create more distance I drop my scythe to the floor and raise my right hand. Fox-Fire swirls around my feet eventually going higher up my body eventually forming a ball in my raised hand. Another few seconds it takes shape into the gun I created a while ago when I was with Shinku. You know in chapter 11. Visitors to the land of monsters.

Once my skill was done I took aim at the lesser demo and pulled the trigger. The fiery Bullet pierced the demon chest lighting it a blaze from its wound. Around the hole created its body began to burn from the inside out making the hole bigger. I could see try and regenerate so for good measure i shot another two times hitting its right leg and head. It took all of ten seconds for nothing to be remaining of its existence not even ashes.

I then spin on my heel to face the administrator. "So Thegis. Have I passed?"

He let out a small sigh. "With flying colors, in fact. Coming with Kaval's introduction. I'd just assumed you were a fraud too. I apologize for my rudeness. The guild will hereby guarantee your identity. As a B rank adventurer, of course."

Before I knew it was mobbed by some of the other adventures present. "That was a really incredible show, I've got to say!" 

"What was that? That fire you used was insane?!" 

"Fake off the mask and show us your face!"

"You wanna be in our party?!"

I didn't know what to so I kinda just froze up, thankfully I heard Rimuru speak up. "Do you mind giving my son some space." He walked to my side patting me again. I'm starting to think he just likes patting me on the head. The other adventures was shocked at his statement and eventually backed off. 

Meanwhile with Thegis.

Thegis is currently leaning against a wall trying to catch his breath form more summonin so much when he feels a incredibly angry presence. "IF ANYTHING HAD HAPPEND TO Y/N, BLUMUND ITSELF COULD HAVE BEEN RAZED TO THE GROUND! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" Behind Thegis was Fuze looking like he could kill someone currently specifically Thegis.

Hope you enjoyed once again I wish you all a great day or night and I'll see you in the next one, bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 770 23
Tatsuki Tsukino, a 17 year old high school student was murdered by one of his close friends for a deal. In the next moment, he wakes up again, this t...
7.2K 198 12
After having fun in Naruto verse Rimuru and his gang decided to go to the Dragon Ball verse to have a lot of fun fighting with their favorite charact...
46K 875 13
Hello Readers, Welcome To, The world of Chaos and beauty Re:Zero x Rimuru Thank you for joing I hope you'll enjoy the story..To all the awesome peopl...
344K 10.7K 59
Love, love, love, love who? "... That one person." Who is that person? Tell me who? "The one whose destiny entangled with mine to the point of exist...