Life Is Strange: Visions

BlueButterflyAP

Max Caulfield has had a strange few months. She discovered she had time rewind powers, solved the disappearan... Еще

Chapter One: Lying
Chapter Two: Destruction
Chapter Four: Stealth
Chapter Five: Road Trip
Chapter Six: Dawn
Chapter Seven: Reunion
Chapter Eight: Home Shit Home
Chapter Nine: Girlfriend
Chapter Ten: Trio
Chapter Eleven: Merrick
Chapter Twelve: Overload
Chapter Thirteen: Surprise
Chapter Fourteen: In Love
Chapter Fifteen: She's Dead
Chapter Sixteen: Old Flames and New Beginnings
Chapter Seventeen: Fading
Chapter Eighteen: Regrets

Chapter Three: Enigma

515 19 1
BlueButterflyAP

Song(s) that inspired this chapter: The Night We Met by Lord Huron

Chloe's P.O.V

I pulled into the junkyard and ran out of the truck, Max chasing after me. She had told me about the visions, about the one where Rachel crept into the shed and hid a note.

"Chloe, wait!" She called out after me, but my feet wouldn't stop running.

I ran into the shed and began throwing things around, searching for the letter.

"I need to find that fucking note!" I shouted and continued my messy search. Max stood in the doorway and looked at me with concern.

"Are you just going to fucking stand there, or help me?" She silently nodded and began searching for the letter, but not making nearly as much of a mess as I was.

After searching for an hour, we couldn't find anything. "Shit!" I yelled and and whipped an old beer bottle at the dart board in frustration. It toppled down onto the ground.

"Chloe, calm down. This is why I didn't want to tell you, because it might not even be true." Max tried to calm me, but I wasn't paying attention.
When the dart board fell off of the wall, a piece of paper fell from behind it. I walked over to it and picked it up.

Dear Chloe,
First off, I know this is going to be a shock. I'll explain everything in this letter, but I just want you to know that I miss you, and love you.
I am in Arcadia Bay, trying not to get noticed. I don't want everyone to know I'm still alive, just you. When I returned, I discovered that everyone thought that I was dead. To be honest, it's better that way.
I don't know anything about 'my death', just that it's not me.
I woke up in Seattle, and had no memories, just a vague image of your face in my brain. Eventually, it all came back to me.
At the Vortex Club party, I was drugged by Nathan Prescott. He took me to Mr. Jefferson, who took pictures of me. He had a bad temper, and hit me in the head a couple times. I must've got a concussion, or some type of amnesia. I woke up in a truck, wearing someone else's clothes, and Nathan was driving. He said that I was in trouble, and he was taking me somewhere that I could start a new life, and be safe. Over the months, my memory came back, and I returned.
The reason I haven't tried to contact you other than this letter is that I don't want it to be a huge shock, although it probably will be hella weird either way. You're rarely alone, and when you are it's in a public place.
Now that you know the truth, you'll probably come looking for me. DON'T.
Someone from our past is blackmailing me, and threatening me and you, and I'm not going to drag you into this. When I finish dealing with it, I promise I'll come see you. Don't tell anyone I'm here, especially my parents.
I miss you, C.
Love,
Rachel A.

The letter trembled in my hands. I read it over and over, unable to comprehend the words written.

"This is her handwriting Max...Rachel really is alive." I handed the letter to her. She read it, her eyes getting wider and wider.

"You're still going to search for her, aren't you?" Max asked knowingly.

"There's not a chance in hell that I wouldn't." I replied.

"Who on Earth would blackmail her? And whose body did we dig up?" Max questioned, still stunned by the letter.

"I don't fucking know, but we're going to find out."

"How are we going to do that?"

"By finding that little twerp, Prescott. To do that, we have to go see Mark Jefferson first." I balled my hands into fists, to try and contain my anger and stop me from hitting the things nearest to me.

"Are you going to be able to handle being around him Max? If you can't, it's okay, I'll go alone."
I know how hard and weird this would be for Max too, and I'm going to try and be considerate towards her too. I know that creepy motherfucker had her tied up in his dark room. It's going to be hard to resist killing that shithead.

She nodded. "I think so."

"Good. Ready to go now?"

"Lead the way;" Max said, and we linked arms and walked to the truck together.

x-x-x

I drove in silence the entire time, with Max staring at me worriedly. My knuckles were white from gripping the steering wheel so tightly, I was worried it'd come off in my hands.

The prison was forty-five minutes away, and the whole time hundreds of thoughts were running through my mind. I had no idea of what would happen in there, but I doubt it'd be pretty.

We pulled into the parking lot; my old, shitty truck didn't seem to fit in with the sleek SUV's and police cars.

"This is it." Max glanced up from her phone. "Chloe, are you sure that you'll be able to handle yourself in there? I don't want you to end up being prison buddies."

"I'll be fucking fine Max, thank you." I snapped, and climbed out of the truck. She silently followed behind me at a normal pace, while I walked fast and angrily.

We entered the building and walked up to receptionist. She looked ancient, and kind of reminded me of a snapping turtle. Her features were sharp and angled, and she looked like she was about to fall asleep.

"How may I help you?" She inquired in a gravelly voice.

"We're here to see Mark Jefferson." I replied. She typed something into her computer and then looked up at me.

"Go straight down the hall, third door to your right. Hand this paper to the guard." She handed me a yellow slip of paper with blue inked writing.

"Thank you." Max thanked her and followed me.

"Stay calm Chloe. Remember, Rachel is still alive." Max whispered under her breath to me as we entered the room. I remained expressionless, my face like stone. If I were to make an expression at that moment, it'd be one of pure rage.

I gave the paper to the guard. He said something to the guard on the other side, and. A few minutes later he returned with Jefferson.

Mark Jefferson hadn't changed much, although a bit of grey was visible in his scruffy beard. His dark hair was brushed in the same way it always was. When he saw us, he had a sickening grin on his face. It took every ounce of strength I had not to break through the glass divider and smash his head in.

He picked up the phone and held it to his ear. I did the same.

"Chloe! Maxine! You know, when they said I had visitors, I didn't expect it to be you, but I can't say that I'm not pleasantly surprised." He said smugly. I took a deep, shaky breath and clenched the phone tighter in my hand. Max placed her hand on my shoulder to calm me.

"This visit isn't out of leisure, Jefferson." Said Max firmly.

"Ah, really? How disappointing. I thought we could catch up. How's your photography going? You truly have a gift." He stared at us both in the eyes, like he was challenging us. Like it was a fucking game.

"Where is Rachel?" I asked through my teeth, trying to stay calm.

"Ah. Well, in the cemetery I'd assume." He replied, and readjusted his glasses.

"No you fucker, we know she's alive!" I shouted and slammed my palms on the table.

"Chloe!" Max widened her eyes at me, and nodded her head in the direction of the guard who was now staring at us intently.

Mark Jefferson looked puzzled. He scratched his head and looked at us weirdly. "You guys are in denial. She's dead." He stated.

I reached into the pocket of my tattered jeans and pulled out Rachel's letter. His eyes seemed to widen in surprise. I placed it against the glass for him to read.

To my surprise, he just laughed.
" 'I love you'. I forgot you guys were a thing." He mocked the letter.

My face burned bright red. Rachel and I were best friends, but it always felt like there was more to our relationship. We'd kissed quite a few times, and I have to admit I did crush on her. Things felt right when I was with her. I missed that feeling.

"Shut up! You don't know anything about that! Just tell me where you idiots took her." I was trembling at this point, and the guard was coming in my direction.

"As far as I know, she's dead. You did dig up her body, after all. If anyone knows anything, it's Nathan." He stood up, and smirked at us.

"Where is he?" Max stepped forward and asked.

"Maxine. Such a shame we didn't get to finish our photo shoot." He tsk-tsked.

"Tell us where Nathan is!" I was on the verge of tears.

"Okay, fine. I'll tell you." He whispered into the phone.

Max and I both leaned forward.

"Go to Hell." He said, and then walked away, retreated back to his prison cell, leaving Max and I confused and angry.

I kicked at the chair and grunted loudly. The guard walked over and escorted us out of the building.

We both sat in the truck silently, unmoving. I rested my head on my arms, on the steering wheel. We were so close to finding out where she was. That dick Jefferson wouldn't tell us where Prescott is hiding, so we have to find out ourselves.

I was still in shock about Rachel. When you find out that the person you love, that's supposed to be dead is actually alive, it's very puzzling and confusing. I just wanted to see her, to hug her and physically feel her. To actually hear her laugh in person, rather than in my head. No matter what the costs are, I'll find her. Rachel would do the same.

"What next?" Max broke the silence, turning to face me.

"Using your Super-Max skills, we find Nathan. By breaking into his house." I replied with a sigh.

"Chloe, that's illegal." Was all she said.

"It's simple. We go in, look around, and find what we need. If we get caught, you use your rewind and we get out of there." I explained with exasperation. This whole encounter had me exhausted, the entire day, in fact. Finding out your murdered best friend wasn't actually dead, and talking to her supposed murderer will do that to you.

"But all of the cameras and security! They're Prescott's, and this is gonna-" She protested, but I cut her off before she could complain any further.

"Either you do this with me, or I do it alone. I don't care what happens, I need to find Rachel." I argued, my face a mask of anger.

"But Chloe, she told us not to find her, this is serious." Max kept going.

"I don't give a fuck! You can rewind and save us! And if you don't do it with me and something happens, too fucking bad. I don't give a shit. I stopped giving a shit after she disappeared." And after that, it was quiet. I started my truck and pulled out, on my way back to Arcadia Bay, even though it was the last place on Earth that I wanted to be in.

x-x-x

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

33.1K 548 13
You're the adopted child of James Amber but found he hid it from you. So you left to find your real mom and now you've finally came back to Arcadia B...
15K 252 32
After struggling to find and keep jobs, Chloe gets the idea to go on a road trip to Dellwood, Ohio to spend the holidays with her girlfriend, Max Cau...
Life is Strange Mia Veranika

Научная фантастика

186 33 30
Max Caulfield returns to her hometown of Arcadia Bay, Oregon, where she witnesses a girl being shot in a school bathroom. The incident triggers Max's...
6.3K 109 8
It has been over a year since Arcadia Bay was destroyed Chloe and her parents and all survivors from Blackwell were moved by the state one town over...