Perfect Imperfections

By FaithEri

You can fall in love with the perfections, but can you stay in love with the imperfections? **** Sequel to P... More

Perfect Imperfections
Chap 1 - Six Feet Under
Chapter 2 - Tornado Meets A Volcano
Chapter 3 - Wither Away
Chapter 4 - Breakin' Me
Chapter 5 - It's Not Me
Chapter 6 - Delusional
Chapter 7 - Just Hold On
Chapter 8 - Can't Give Up
Chapter 9 - No fairytale
Chapter 10 - Burning Up
Chapter 11 - Not A Stranger
Chapter 12 - Too Far
Chapter 13 - So Do I
Chapter 14 - I Need You
Chapter 15 - So Badly
Chapter 17 - Fuck it
Chapter 18 - Losing My Mind
Perfect Target

Chapter 16 - Lucky Stars

14.9K 745 192
By FaithEri

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

×××

This morning, I woke up feeling different. Happier. Nervous. Ready. I was ready for whatever this day was about to bring me and most importantly I was ready to witness one of the most beautiful weddings I had ever planned. It was Emily and Zachary's day and it was bound to be beautiful which became quite clear when I opened the door and saw the beautiful bride standing in front of the mirror, surrounded by her bridesmaid.

"Breathe, Em, just breathe." one of her bridesmaid comforted.

"This is actually happening right now. I'm getting married. I'm a bride. I'm actually marrying Zac. He is actually marry me! This is actually happeni-"

"Calm down, Em. I can't tell if you're too nervous or too excited!" another one giggled.

"I guess I'm both." Emily chuckled as a blush covered her face.

"Hey, hold the tears atleast till the ceremony is over, you can't ruin your makeup now." Laura, the maid of honor exclaimed.

"How come you're allowed to cry then?"

"Because I'm not the bride."

"But you are the maid of honor. You're the second most important person today, okay?"

"I thought Zachary was the second most important person."

"I thought we had agreed he will always be the third wheel between with us."

"If that's the case then maybe you can cry a little." Laura laughed with misty eyes and took Emily into a warm embrace. It soon turned into a group hug with all the bridesmaids, each of them with matching smiles and withheld tears.

A smile rose to my face and I could feel my eyes getting wet too. Emily was a really lucky girl.

Unlike you.

The memory of Evan proposing to me entered my mind. I thought of Ella who could've been my maid of honor if my day had ever come.

No. I needed to stop. I couldn't let any negative thought in today.

"Flora, I didn't see you there." Emily called, pulling me back from my thoughts. "Is everything okay outside?"

"Everything is perfect." I reassured. "I need all the bridesmaids to take there positions. The ceremony is about to begin."

She nodded her head while all her bridesmaids started smoothening their dresses and checking their hair one final time.

"Emily?" I called.

"Yes?"

"You look gorgeous." I smiled at her. She really did. She was wearing a satin mermaid gown with textured lace and beaded straps. A soft net tulle veil graced her head. She wore crystal earrings and an extravagant diamond necklace. It was flawless, but failed to compete with the look on her face. Her skin was glowing and she had the biggest smile on her face. In the short time I had known her, I had never seen her look happier.

"Thank you, Flora." she surprised me with a warm embrace. It took me a few seconds, but I hugged her back, careful not to wrinkle her dress. "So it's finally time?"

"Yes, it is." I grinned. I guided Emily's bridesmaids to their positions.

"Where's Evan?" Emily asked after everyone had left the room. "I've not seen him since morning."

I opened my mouth, then closed it. I hadn't seen him either. Evan was supposed to walk Emily down the aisle as he was the only family she had. He was a crucial part of the ceremony. I had talked to him through text and informed him what time he was supposed to be ready. He had replied and so I had simply left it at that. I was nervous to see him for some reason so I didn't even go looking. I didn't message or call to check again after that. I had been careless for my own sake and now if anything went wrong, I would be the only one responsible.

"He, uh-"

"You look beautiful."

My stomach did a somersault on hearing his deep voice. I slowly turned to see him standing by the door, staring. He was wearing a charcoal color suit and his hair was styled back in the most elegant way. His delicious cologne made me gulp as he neared, walking with a leopard like grace. His eyes looked darker, more intense and I could feel myself growing warm by just looking at him. I pressed my lips together unconsciously, then cursed myself as I watched an arrogant smirk rise up to his lips. His lips.

"Me or her?" Emily chuckled, wiggling her eyebrows teasingly, snapping me out of my daze.

Evan's eyes turned back to Emily while I looked down to hide the blush covering my cheeks.

"Look at you. Who knew this day would ever come." he teased.

Emily rolled her eyes. "Tease all you want, but you're next." she laughed, nudging me while she smirked at Evan.

"I-I'll wait outside." I mumbled, hoping that my face wasn't red by then. "Whenever you're ready, Emily."

"Thanks, Flora." Emily thanked. I shot her a smile and turned around, but not before quickly stealing a look at Evan. Man. I took a deep breath.

Now that was a look which was going to give me butterflies all day.

++++

There were ombre flowers and petals laid on either sides of the aisle, lined with floating candles in small vases as the bride prepared to walk down it. Beaded chandeliers hung from the ceiling with twinkling golden lights illuminating the hall.The entrance was draped in white chiffon fabric with fairy lights around it. The guests sat on white chairs decorated with orchids and lace, filled with anticipation. The place radiated with a majestic elegance.

The priest came out and asked everyone to stand up. The entire room watched in awe as Emily gracefully walked down the aisle, escorted by Evan. 'All Of Me' by John Legend played in the background as the groom's face lit up on seeing his bride, the emotions in his eyes evident.

At the end of the aisle, Evan gave Emily a hug before placing her hand in Zachary's. I could see the tears in his eyes as I wiped my own. Something in me warmed up seeing him that way. It was rare for him to display his emotions like that, in front of everybody. He really did love Emily a lot, she was the only family he had.

The minister requested the guest to take their seats. Emily and Zachary exchanged their vows as the crowd listened intently, absorbing their words, completely mesmerized.

My eyes found their way to Evan. My breath hitched when I saw him staring at me. Our eyes locked for an intense moment before the minister spoke again, drawing our attention back to the ceremony. I swallowed hard, finding it hard to focus.

The ring bearer came forward and rings were exchanged. Emily and Zachary couldn't stop smiling as they placed the rings on each other's fingers. They said their I love yous and in that moment it felt like none of us were there anymore. It was just the two of them, together with each other.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

The room broke into claps and applause as the bride and groom kissed. I had the biggest smile on my face as I too cheered for them, not noticing the tears that were now streaming down my face freely.

It was perfect. Even if it wasn't mine. It was still absolutely perfect.

______

Hi, how is everyone? This is a difficult time for all of us and I hope everyone is staying safe.

I'm going to try and update more often, but things are messy right now and I'm trying to sort through it all just like everyone else is. Hope you all liked this chapter. I had fun writing it.

What's the perfect wedding song for you? It was so difficult for me to chose one for this chapter!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 108 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...
449K 19.1K 67
Book II Broken and lost, Liana moved all the way to Seattle to become the Manager in her best friend's New Cafe . Opportunity flooding her way is ove...
445K 13.7K 59
"I love you, but are you sure you're ready for this?", he said as I slammed the door shut and locked it. I had missed his touch too much, and I had w...
109K 5.2K 59
Alana is torn between two men. Two men who hate each other. Two men who want her. Two men who lie so the other wouldn't have her. Wanting to live...