Infectious Submission (M. Yan...

By Cloakedranger

This is the third book in "The Infectious Series," so please read the first two beforehand: "Infectious Inten... More

A/N: Responses to Comments/Questions
The Safe Shop
The Icy Embrace
The Deadly Existence
The Wet Tackling
The Loud Racket
The Dreary Waiting
The Unlikely Greeting
The Blunt Facts
The Harsh Smile
The Red Chair
The Gross Bending
The Sad Festivity
The Strange Couple
The Hot Webpage
The Clear Conclusion
The Full Crew
The Crumbly Overview
The Muddy Examination
The Long Hours
The Funny Secret
The Empty Report
The Tricky Anomaly
The Soft Traveling
The Windy Passerby
The Smelly Resident
The Shaky Divergence
The Nasty Dead-end
The Dire Backpack
The Bleak Encounter
The Creepy Inspector
The Chilly Rot
The Sketchy Facts
The Lonely Residence
The Needy Time-frame
The Sick Holding
The Shifty Retelling
The Unhappy Restriction
The Gloomy Scent
The Cruel Tears
The Bloody Cure
The Calm Quarter
The Clean Patient
The Healthy Companions
The Gentle Transfer
The Lengthy Spinning
The Little Shocker
The Vile Injuries
The Waxy Crumbling
The Foggy Visions
The Stark Writer
The Kind Support
The Round Brightness
The Bright Morning
The Scary Client
The Frail Exchange
The Fair Honesty
The Pink Naming
The Ugly Interrogation
The Fowl Detective
The Weird Conversationalists
The Dead Source
The Cool Drink
The Far Parents
The Lovely Connections
The Shaky Development
The Grisly Re-connection
The Fierce Destination
The Tense Dig
The Comfy Returning
The Needy Sneaking
The Happy Sitting
The Merry Mark
The Large Gathering
The Kind Consoling
The Extreme Notification
The Pale Receiving
The Rapid Decline
The Fit Father
The Rowdy Face-off
The Twisty Navigation
The Mad Settlement
The Strict Uncertainty
The Raw Reaction
The Pretty Moonlight
The Wide Alteration
The Runny Wheels
The Near Acquaintance
The Ripe Diner
The Neat Employee
The Tight Gears
The Smooth Sailing
The Rich Achievement
The Wiley Stampede
The Creaky Progression
The Green Knotting
The Irate Blockade
The Grimy Brawl
The Brisk Ignition
The Fiery Sharpening
The Idle Unknowing
The Pure Tying
Epilogue
A/N:
A/N: Prequel!
A/N: Published Version!!!

The Speedy Emergency

4.9K 384 310
By Cloakedranger

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

The entire way, the creature wished to shout for Nick and Deidre to hurry up with Chris, but he didn't waste energy on doing so. He adjusted his speed to match theirs, and they were running as fast as their tired and bruised bodies could handle. If only there had been an old shopping cart down in the subway. Then, he would've shoved the four of them in there with the two backpacks on Chris and his own duffel bag. Presently, he felt like he was dashing through an airport to go on what humans called vacation. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, and he could hear his partner's heartbeat slowing down even more. "Hang on, (f/n)," he whispered, pressing his lips to her left temple. "I'm getting you help."

Ren, not having much choice to be where he was and not wishing to argue either given who was holding him, heard and slightly saw the creature's action as he bounced up and down on Ether's left shoulder. The movement hurt every time due to his heavily bruised back and injured left ankle, but he had no will to complain. If he did, the creature probably would've tossed him down the subway steps as Nick, Deidre and him all ran up them. He also remained quiet since the creature sounded like he was going to save Chris too, so he was ... grateful to Ether as odd as that sounded.

Nick noticed the action as well, but, like Ren, he didn't say a word. He concentrated back on helping Deidre carry Chris, and they thankfully saw no bones jutting out of her skin from that other creature tossing her into the wall. They couldn't see any bruising or swelling either due to her pants, and they weren't going to check until they got to the vet's office. The oldest human male severely hoped that the vet didn't have a current client, or things would become complicated. Ether probably even would kill the owner of the pet.

Still, the whole situation was bizarre to him. It was as though he was racing in a dream. (F/n) was nearly dead, but all of his teammates remained alive. All of them had escaped the tunnels like he had promised, but he had ... the creature ... Ether to thank for that. The same creature that murdered his last team brutally was now running alongside his new team and displaying emotions that Nick never had seen before on his face; he only had heard about them from (f/n). Even then, he never imagined the creature to be so ... caring and ... gentle towards her. His whole mind barely could wrap around it all.

"The vet, which building?" the cold harsh voice crackled through the air as though it were lightning. Nick glanced back to the creature and forced himself to stay beside the taller, terrifying male. Anger mixed in with his other emotions in his very pale blue optics. "Which building?!" he shouted but not too loudly since they were now outside.

"Right, sorry." Nick looked away from him. "The fifth one down that line over there. See the wooden fence and the small gate."

"Got it," the creature answered curtly. "Nick," the creature started, distaste in his tone from speaking the human's name, "I'll pass you him," he shrugged his left shoulder with Ren, "once there since I might need to lock pick the door. You four will need to head in quick after me in case Callest is following us. I can't smell or hear him right now, but it's for precaution." Nick nodded, and Ren looked relieved at the prospect of being out of the creature's hands. "Are there any cameras around this place?"

"I think that there might be one at the back, but I'm not sure," he answered, hoping that the creature wouldn't tear off one of his limbs for his uncertainty. Ether, though, simply nodded and muttered something under his breath. Nick, again, was baffled, but he didn't say anything. The creature might lose it otherwise, and it was a surprise that Ether was remaining so collected. If (f/n) died, though, that composure might forever disappear.

Once at the small gate, the creature passed Ren off to Nick before he headed into the backyard. His very pale blue optics spotted a video camera that was stationary. He focused in on it and noted that the wires strangely ended right at the back of the camera as though they simply passed through the solid surface. Nick followed the creature's gaze. "It's fake. We'll be fine."

Briefly, the creature looked down to Nick before he nodded and approached the glass door. He tried to open it, and it was locked. Noting the keyhole, the creature didn't even ask Nick or Deidre if they had lock picking gear. Even if they had packed some, their backpacks were still in the subway, which they weren't going to enter ever again, and Chris's didn't have any. They doubted that the other backpack, which presumably was (f/n)'s, lacked the items too. Regardless, the creature shoved his left index nail into the keyhole and played with the lock a bit until a click resonated in the area.

Instantly, the creature headed into the building, not even caring that his chest was bare due to his hoodie being around (f/n). Deidre closed the gate behind them, and Nick helped Ren walk into the vet too. Once inside, Deidre locked the glass door behind them and felt a little safer from the madness that had occurred several minutes ago. The creature paid them no more attention. Rather, he rushed through the area carefully with (f/n). Since the office was small, the creature found the vet in no time.

He burst through the office door, which caused the man to jump almost out of his seat. "You, save her now!" The vet eyed the creature in horror, recognizing just what he was staring at, before his eyes switched onto the girl, who he recognized as (f/n) (l/n) from an old news broadcast. "Stop staring and save her!" the creature shouted. "If you don't, I'm going to murder you and your entire f*cking family if you have one. Do you understand?!" His rage was bubbling to a breaking point.

After Nick helped Ren to sit on one of the chairs in the front of the office, he hurried over to the creature and veterinarian. Deidre locked the front door in the meantime and shut off the twenty-four-seven neon sign. There was no assistant to be seen in the building, which she was grateful for. Her attention soon focused on Nick, who had placed a hand on Ether's left arm to try and calm him down. She felt her heart rate quicken for her friend, and she watched with extreme nervousness.

Almost, Nick thought that the creature broke his neck in the process of averting his gaze towards him. Nick gulped before he removed his hand. "You need to relax. He's going to help." His brown optics diverted over to the petrified vet. "Please, she doesn't have long if she doesn't receive help. I know that you're a vet, but you should be able to treat internal wounds too on a human, right?"

Seeing another human, the vet slightly calmed down. "... I-I-I m-m-might." Ether was about to shout again, but Nick grabbed his arm again. The two shared a glare, but Nick didn't back down. Nick stared back to the vet with the same look. "Okay, okay! Just promise you won't kill me or my family!"

"Deal!" the creature yelled back, stepping aside for the vet to come through. Nick moved to the side as well and sighed in relief when Ether seemingly forgot about him interfering. The vet hurried between the two of them and motioned them over to his operation room.

"I can't ..."

"You'll save her, or you won't be breathing past tonight," the creature cut him off with a threat in a low, chilling tone. The vet didn't say another word and nodded his head quickly. Thankfully, his table was big enough since some of his clients had large dogs. Patting the table, the vet signaled for Ether to lay (f/n) down on it. A concerned gaze washed over the vet when he saw how much blood already was staining the hoodie. When the vet's brown eyes looked back to the creature, the creature nearly growled in a murderous tone, "I didn't do that to her if you're wondering. Now, work."

"Right, I need you to leave so that I can concentrate, then." The vet didn't stutter, but his voice was exceptionally quiet, and it almost came out as a squeak. Not pleased with that answer, the creature scowled and didn't move. "It's important," the vet slightly raised his tone against his better judgment. "If I can't focus, I might mess up on her wounds." Again, the creature didn't budge.

Stepping into the operation room, Nick went over to Ether, who looked to him immediately. His eyes alone said for Nick to keep his distance. "Look, listen to the vet. You're wasting the time for (f/n). You need to wait out here. He won't let her die since he'll die if he does."

"Fine," the creature eventually answered when he heard (f/n)'s heartbeat grow all the more faint. His eyes softened slightly from immense worry ... and fear when they fell upon (f/n) again. "You have two more patients after her," the creature muttered, "and you'll be paid." With that, he left the room. The vet looked momentarily speechless at the change in the creature before his brown eyes met Nick's own ones. He nodded in thanks, and Nick nodded back before Nick left the room too, closing the door behind him.

Nearly, he jumped up when he almost walked into the creature, who was waiting right outside of the operation room. "Back there, the money ..." he started, not sure how to finish. It was strange just standing a few feet away from the intimidating creature before him. How (f/n) was able to tolerate such a situation for almost a whole year escaped him. His heart beat fast too, and he took a nervous step back as his confidence from before faded away since (f/n) now was gone from the situation. There was nothing between them to prevent Ether from killing him except a promise.

"I saw (f/n)'s backpack. At least, I think that it's hers. If it is, then it'll have plenty of money in it unless ... he removed it," the creature answered, in a hateful tone towards the end, as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall. Silence followed. The creature released an annoyed sigh. "You should go check on your friends." Nick didn't step away immediately, but he did when the creature raised an irritated brow. With not another word, he headed to the front; however, he paused when he heard, "... Thanks ... for helping with the vet." His brown eyes didn't stare back to the creature. Rather, he nodded and continued on his way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 42.4K 86
This is the second book in "The Infectious Series." Please read my book "Infectious Intent" first before reading this one. Link: https://www.wattpad...
258K 14.1K 54
After her lover's accident, which placed him into a coma, (F/n) (L/n) struggles with her constant trips to the hospital to visit him. She, however, c...
32.1K 1K 13
"Can't you see? It's you I wanna be with, no one else, and I don't want you to be with anyone else either, I'll do anything to keep it like that." S...
30.6K 1.3K 30
Blind yandere x reader - changing the gender preference of the reader will not impact the story - changing the gender preference of the yandere wil...