1 FLOOR DOWN ❁ LUKE ROSS

By chatchatding

New nanny, same hatred for the boy one floor up, and one crazy childhood. //JESSIE// //SEASONS 1-4// //LUKE R... More

Season 1 Cast
The Talented Mr. Kipling
Used Karma
Zombie Tea Party
One Day Wonders
Zuri's New Old Friend
Snow days and updates
Creepy Connie
OKAY OKAY IM BACK

New York, New Nanny

8.1K 212 72
By chatchatding

edited to third person.

ALIYA DRESMOND STOOD OUTSIDE her apartment building with one of her close friends, Zuri Ross, and the bellhop of the building, Tony. The trio talked and watched cars whizz by, eyeing a cab that pulled up and threw an auburn-haired woman on the sidewalk.

The cab driver revved his engine and sped off, while the mystery woman tried to recompose herself.

"Oh, that's harsh." Aliya groaned, while Tony rushed over to help her up.

"Woah, you must be a really bad tipper." Tony joked as he helped her to stand.

"Real great start." Aliya called out from the door, where she and Zuri observed the situation.

"I'm Tony." He said, ignoring the young girl and introducing himself.

"I'm Jessie." The new woman smiled, shaking his hand.

Zuri picked up a random bra that hit the sidewalk, and rushed over. "And I'm guessing this is yours?"

The woman grabbed it, while laughing nervously, "Oh, thank you, sweetie. That's just my slingshot."

"She doesn't know its a bra." Zuri laughed, looking at Aliya and Tony

Suddenly, an older woman rushed out of the building with her luggage, screaming. "Bye, Nanny. Whatever your name was!" Zuri yelled, bidding her goodbye.

"Duces." Aliya said, joining in on the waving.
The lady was one of many nannies the Ross and Dresmond family have shared and lost. There's only one Dresmond and four Ross's, so to Aliya it's pretty obvious which family is usually to blame.

"Hey, Jessie, you wanna be our new nanny?" Zuri asked

"Picking up a nanny on the sidewalk seems like an interesting idea. I'm in. Please be our nanny." Aliya joined in, agreeing with Zuri.

"Oh, thank you, girls. But I didn't come all the way from Fort Hood in Texas to be a baby sitter. I came to New York to follow my dreams, because this is where dreams come true!" Jessie exclaimed, quite dramatically.

"Yeah, right." Zoey said rolling her eyes, "Until then, I like my grilled cheese cut I'm triangles, and my tutus starched."

"My only request are that I'm a vegetarian, so no meat. Second, if you can keep Luke Ross away from me I'll love you forever." Aliya added, grabbing her arm and helping Zuri bring her up to their apartment.

✰✰✰✰✰✰

Once the elevator to the top floor, also know as the Ross Pent house, opened the two young girls rushed out with Jessie following behind.

"Whoa, this is like the Astrodome, but with better furniture." Jessie exclaimed, shocked about the size of the pent house.

"Look, Bertram, I found a new nanny in the street." Zuri cheered to the family butler. He hates kids, but Aliya personally idolize him, "Can we keep her?"

"If she doesn't poop on the floor, it's fine with me." Bertram replied, no care whatsoever

"I knew I liked you." Aliya smiled, poking his arm, which he slapped away.

"Wait, you don't want to ask me anymore questions?" Jessie asked, confused as to why he'd accept so easily.

"Do you poop on the floor?" He asked

"No!" She exclaimed

"Congratulations! You just made the first cut." He exclaimed in sarcastic, yet hilarious, cheer. "Wait here, the parents will be home soon to interview you."

Zuri pulled her to the couch, and Aliya followed to sit beside them while Jessie continued to admire the penthouse, "All this, and all I have to do is take care of two cute little girls. One who doesn't even live here full time... right?"

"Yep. I live one floor down, but my parents travel a lot for work. So, this is my second home. Comes with one con." Aliya smiled

As if on cue, screaming could be heard from the balcony. Luke Ross rushed in, followed by Emma and Ravi. All three were Zuri's older adopted siblings.

"Luke, give me back my moon!" Emma yelled, trying to grab it from his hand.

"No Way!" Luke exclaimed, laughing.

Aliya rolled her eyes, and snatched it from his hand before he could react. "I'll kill you." He said, glaring at his arch-nemesis.

"I dare you." Aliya challenged, glaring back as he charged at at. Luke slammed into Aliya, and they both hit the floor, wrestling for the replica moon.

"I need it for my solar system!" Emma groaned, trying to stop the wrestling and get it back.

"I'll show you a moon." Luke laughed, shoving his butt in Aliya's face, making her shove him into Jessie's lap.

Emma crawled over Jessie, and Ravi followed. Emma starting beating Luke with a pillow, so Aliya took time it sit back and gladly observe.

"Please tell me those kids are in the wrong apartment." Jessie cried, turning to Aliya and Zuri.

"Those are my brothers and sister." Zuri said, pointing the the fighting group.

"Or as I call them, the nanny killers." Bertram said.

"I swear you just keep getting funnier." The young Dresmond girl laughed, which he just rolled his eyes at.

"Luke, Emma, please! Violence is never the solution." Sweet Ravi begged. Emma retorted his statement by smacking him in the face with a pillow.

"The only person you should be hitting is that monster." Aliya told Emma, pointing to Luke.

The Dresmond parents and the Ross's parents believed that Aliya and Luke were destined to be best friends, just because they were born the same year. The adults hopes didn't play out well, considering they hate each other's guts

"To heck with the non-violence! I am on you like stripes on a tiger!" Ravi groaned, before jumping on Emma's back as she screamed.

"I'm the good child. Make me brownies." Zuri demanded

"I would say I'm a good child, but that'd be lying." Aliya laughed

Jessie asked the group to wait a minute, and rushed to where the fighting was, "Uh, hey, release!"

"Huh, usually works with the dogs back home." Jessie said, as she tried to pry Luke off of Ravi.

She finally pushed Luke onto the couch, where he gained his balance, and smirked at Jessie. "Hello, I'm Luke, and you are?"

"Way too old for you." Jessie sassed, with her hand on her hip.

"Wow. Who knew you could love a nanny so much, so fast." Aliya said, wiping a fake tear of joy.

Emma interrupted the argument by smacking Luke in the face, again. Jessie rushed back over to Zuri and I, "Do you kids fight like this in front of your parents?" Jessie asked

As if on cue, the elevator doors dinged and opened to reveal Mr. and Mrs. Ross kissing, while Aliya's Mom and Step-Dad stood awkwardly behind them.

"Sometimes, but they never come up for air long enough to notice." Zuri sassed, rolling her eyes.

The children all cheered and ran towards their parents. Aliya jumped into her step-dad's arms and hugged him tight, before hugging her mom. "Mom, Dad, I missed you guys so much! Why does acting and designing have to take so long?"

"You complain now, but one day you'll be on the big screen with kids asking you the same thing." Her Dad laughed.

"And who said I couldn't be a designer like Mom?" Aliya sassed. The small family all stared at each other before busting out in laughter. They all know the young girl couldn't draw, let alone design to save her life.

"We brought presents!" Mr. Ross cheered, letting Aliya and Zuri hop on his back for a ride to the couch. The Ross's have always been and will always be part of Aliya's family. Except for Luke.

"This is Jessie. I want her to be our new nanny. Me and Aliya found her on the sidewalk." Zuri exclaimed, pulling Jessie over.

"You did what, now?" Aliya's mother asked, looking at her young daughter.

Aliya laughed and slowly shrunk into the couch while Luke decided to shout out an comment to Zuri's previous statement, "So do I."

"Nanny Kay quit? Did she say anything before she left?" Mrs. Ross asked, shocked

"She said we'd be hearing from her lawyers." Emma said, mostly confused

"And then she said..." Zuri started, proceeding to imitate the woman's screams.

"Who wants to see the cool toy that George Lucas gave me and Derek?" Mr. Ross asked, already over the fact his kids had scared off another nanny

"Why do you guys keep hanging out with George Lucas without me? I have some questions for that man." Aliya questioned, as the other kids cheered

Mr. Ross and Mr. Dresmond pulled out two real-life lightsabers from their bag. Mr. Ross's held a violet color, while Aliya's Dad's shone a bright red.

The two men proceeded to bang their sabers together in a fake fight, while they all watched in shock, "Is that a real lightsaber?" Jessie asked, amazed.

"Of course not! It's just a prop." Mr. Ross said, swinging the saber which burnt off half of the chair behind him and almost Mr. Dresmond's suit.

"Oh, Morgan, you are so lucky that didn't burn my new design." Aliya's mother groaned.

"Sorry, Elena." Mr. Ross said, before turning to his friend, "Awesome!" They both cheered, as the kids screamed with them.

"Oh, maybe we better go let that Ewok out of the toy chest." Mr. Dresmond realized, beginning to worry

"Let's go." Mr Ross cheered, throwing Zuri over his shoulder while the rest chased after them.

"I swear if I die via Ewok, I can successfully say I've lived a good life." Aliya said, chasing her dad and Mr. Ross.

✰✰✰✰✰✰

"Ew, no! I can't eat and look at Luke at the same time." Aliya heard Emma exclaim, as she walked out of Ravi's room.

Aliya had been teasing Mr. Kipling, but making fun of Luke was always more fun, "Amen to that." the young girl laughed, moving to stand next to Emma.

"Why are you even still here?" Luke groaned

"My parents left with yours, Dummy. That means I have to stay here. It's been the same system forever. You really need to pay attention." Aliya sassed.

"And, Jessie, don't you think having a bunch of kids on our date is kind of gonna kill the mood?" Luke asked, ignoring the girl.

"Zuri, time for dinner." Jessie called, brushing off Luke and knocking on her door.

"I'm already eating dinner with my friend, Millie the Mermaid." Zuri complained, coming out of her room.

"Zuri has imaginary friends." Emma informed Jessie.

"Well, I like my friends real. Especially my lady friends." Luke said, smirking at Jessie.

Jessie turned his head, and shoved him into Aliya. The two both glared at each other, and moved away.

"Well, if Millie can flop downstairs, she's welcome to come eat with us." Jessie smiled, playing into Zuri's game.

"Thank you, but she won't do that. Luke makes her uncomfortable." Zuri said

"That makes two of us." Aliya laughed

"What?" Luke groaned, as they all looked at him.

"Ravi, time for dinner!" Jessie yelled, pulling Zuri out of her room and knocking on his door.

She reached for the handle, and Aliya and Luke instinctively stood in front of it, "I wouldn't go in there if I were you."

"Why? Is there gonna be some imaginary monster behind the door?" She joked

"No. Luke is already right here." Aliya teased, poking him.

Luke rolled his eyes, and Jessie opened the door to Mr. Kipling hanging out on a box. Once she saw the lizard, Jessie immediately screamed and shut the door.

"That's Mr. Kipling." Emma laughed

"Yeah, Ravi's giant razor-toothed lizard." Luke added

"But I'm not allowed to have a pony? That is cold." Zuri said, shaking her head.

✰✰✰✰✰✰

"I cannot believe you excluded Mr. Kipling from our family dinner." Ravi complained, once they were all gathered around the kitchen table.

"Mr. Kipling is the only thing Ravi brought from India when we adopted him last month." Luke said, shaking his head.

It's only been a month, and yet Ravi quickly became Aliya's best friend and distracts her from trying to kill Luke.

"Oh, so I couldn't board the plane with four ounces of shampoo, but he gets to carry on a velociraptor!" Jessie complained

The kids all stared at each other and continued to poke their food. "So, isn't this nice? Would anyone like to share about their day?" Jessie asked

"I guess that's a no." Emma sighed, after everyone sat there in silence, "Now can I go upstairs and finish my science project?"

"Okay, fine." Jessie said waving her hand, while Emma ran off giggling.

Ravi stood up and pushed his chair back, "I must leave, too. When Mr. Kipling is alone, he gets scared."

"He's such a great mom." Aliya smiled as Ravi ran off

"Scared of what?" Jessie asked in disbelief

"I'm out too. This date was a total waste of clean underwear." Luke complained

"TMI, and go do your homework." Jessie commanded, rolling her eyes

"Uh, you're not the boss of me." Luke tried to tell her.

"Actually, I kind of am." Jessie sassed, making Aliya and Zuri laugh

"Oh, someone's about to flip the table." Zuri smirked

"Well, you know what, babe? That doesn't work for me. I'm fact, that's it. This relationship is over!" Luke yelled, walking off.

"Trust me. He did you a favor. I've got an acting class in thirty minutes so I gotta go. Bye." Aliya said, rushing out before she had to explain anything about her classes.

✰✰✰✰✰✰

A couple hours later, Aliya rode the elevator back up to the Ross penthouse with her new practice monologue to find all the kids doing push ups while Jessie looked over them.

"I- what happened?" Aliya laughed, walking over

"Drop!" Jessie yelled

"Yes sir!" The young girl yelped, dropping her bag and getting down with all of the others

"You look like an idiot." Luke laughed, teasing the girl.

"Eat it." Aliya said, taking her foot and shoving Luke to the ground.

"Oh. That's it!" Luke screamed, lunging at Aliya. These two quickly stood up, and started smacking each other. Luke grabbed her hair, and she punched his shoulder.

"I said DROP!" Jessie yelled at the dueling enemies, making them yelp again and drop to the floor again.

✰✰✰✰✰✰

The next day, Luke, Emma, and Aliya found themselves sat in the science fair, clapping for someone who just finished their presentation.

"Hey, did I make it in time?" Jessie asked, rushing in and sitting in the empty chair between Aliya and Emma.

"I'm next, but I don't care." Emma sighed

"Me neither. Let's bounce." Luke clapped, standing up.

"Finally we agree on something." Aliya said, getting up too.

"Hey, you're staying. And you should care!" Jessie said to the two before turning to Emma.

Luke and Aliya tuned out the rest of the conversation, having a pinching fight instead.

Emma stood up to present her project, making the two stop their fight. Luke and Emma's parents walked in as she started to talk. Once Emma won, everyone decided to go out and eat.

✰✰✰✰✰✰

After dinner, the group opted for ice cream, which everyone enjoyed in the penthouse kitchen.

"I love victory sprinkles!" Emma cheered, holding her chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.

"Uh-oh! Face freeze!" Zuri complained, turning towards the group with ice cream all over her face.

"So Ravi, what's your favorite type of ice cream?" Luke asked, trying to dip his spoon into Aliya's.

"Just take it." Aliya said rolling her eyes, and handing it to him

"All of them. In India, we just had one kind. Melted." Ravi said, referring back to Luke's question.

Suddenly, Mr. Kipling swung his tail at Jessie's ice cream and knocked it out of its cone, onto the floor. The lizard then proceeded to eat her ice cream off the floor.

"Man. What a weird lizard." Aliya laughed

✰✰✰✰✰✰

Alright, y'all. First chapter down. Let me know what you thinkkkkk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 16.7K 49
𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 (completed) ____________________ BOOK ONE 𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩�...
191K 3.4K 92
This story is about madnessa irl Just in different settings (if Yk what I mean) Also there well also be a little Choni as well G!p Cheryl and Toni
204K 9.5K 38
-crazy ex ᵉʲ ᶜᵃˢʷᵉˡˡ "who's that?" ...
84.2K 1.6K 33
Three boys Two runaways One missing kid Add in a monster from another dimension One hell of a time Lucas Sinclair x OC Season 1