Life Is Strange: Visions

Par BlueButterflyAP

Max Caulfield has had a strange few months. She discovered she had time rewind powers, solved the disappearan... Plus

Chapter Two: Destruction
Chapter Three: Enigma
Chapter Four: Stealth
Chapter Five: Road Trip
Chapter Six: Dawn
Chapter Seven: Reunion
Chapter Eight: Home Shit Home
Chapter Nine: Girlfriend
Chapter Ten: Trio
Chapter Eleven: Merrick
Chapter Twelve: Overload
Chapter Thirteen: Surprise
Chapter Fourteen: In Love
Chapter Fifteen: She's Dead
Chapter Sixteen: Old Flames and New Beginnings
Chapter Seventeen: Fading
Chapter Eighteen: Regrets

Chapter One: Lying

1.2K 21 2
Par BlueButterflyAP

Song(s) that inspired this chapter: My Immortal by Evanescence

Max's P.O.V

I awoke with a jolt, almost waking up the slightly snoring Chloe beside me.

What the fuck was that? That wasn't a dream, it was more like a vision. I thought to myself anxiously.

I had a vision, too vivid and realistic to have been a dream. I hadn't had visions since the day I discovered my time powers in Mr. Jefferson's class, and this vision couldn't be possible. So why did it occur?

The vision was of an all too familiar girl, pale with long blonde hair, and a fierce attitude. Rachel Amber. She wore her hair tied back, and dark sun glasses rested on the bridge of her nose that covered her hazel coloured eyes. She wore a plain grey tee, and black ripped jeans, with a plaid blue button up shirt tied around her waist. She had beat up old black converse on, like my favourite pair of shoes.

Rachel moved gracefully and swiftly, in the trees surrounding American Rust. She looked drained, and nervous. In her hands was a scroll of paper, with neat handwriting scrawled on it in blue ink. She looked around the junk yard before dashing over to where Chloe's shed was, and she disappeared inside. I tried to call out, "Rachel!" But no sound would come out of my mouth.

After that, I had snapped awake. That vision meant Rachel was alive; it could very well have been an all too real dream.

Chloe and I had dug up her corpse, and we saw her body in that garbage bag, thrown there like she was fucking trash. Rachel Amber could not have been alive, it wasn't possible. So why couldn't I shake the uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach?

I can't tell Chloe, and give her false hope. That'd be cruel, and it would break her. I decided to keep this vision from Chloe, to protect her from the pain. She's had enough bad shit happen to her already, and I don't want to add to that, and bring up old, painful memories.

I haven't used my powers since I almost died playing around in different timelines to save Arcadia Bay and Chloe. It took a really long time, and I almost thought it wasn't possible. The storm did come, but it wasn't nearly as destructive as it should've been, and there were only minor injuries, no deaths. I'm really glad it all turned out okay.

"You look like shit Max." Chloe's voice startled me. My eyes widened and I turned to face Chloe, who was laying on her side, propping her head up on her hand.

"You scared me!" I scolded Chloe.

Chloe put her hands up in defence. "Sorry."

"I just... didn't have a good sleep; that's why I look like shit." I lied to Chloe, hoping she wouldn't catch on.

"I only kicked you twice Max!" Chloe laughed and sat up.

"It wasn't you, although that didn't help." I replied, chuckling.

"It's my bed, I'll kick you all I fucking want." Chloe rolled her eyes, then began to laugh.

"Whatever." I grinned and shook the unsettling vision out of my head. "What's our plan for today?"

"Well, we gotta stop at Frank's, he's holding some pot for me. We can go to the diner for breakfast, and chill at the lighthouse?" Chloe replied, as she changed and pulled on her black boots.

"Sounds good. Except for the weed part." I frowned, in a motherly fashion.

"A girls gotta have her vitamins Mad Max." She shrugged.

"Whatever. I'm going to get dressed." I said and reached into my bag to pull out clothes.

Chloe plopped in her desk chair and lit a cigarette, staring out of her window. She blew out puffs of smoke, and watched their patterns as they swirled in the air.

"You know, Rachel always said anything could be art; I never believed her, but this does look pretty fucking sick." Chloe broke the awkward silence, and imitated the swirls with her pointer finger.

At the mention of Rachel, my stomach leapt into my throat.

I had always wondered what Rachel would've thought of me. I had never met her, only heard stories from Chloe, and she did sound pretty awesome, I have to admit. I feel guilty though.

Rachel was Chloe's replacement for me after I left, now I was Rachel's replacement, and it felt odd. Chloe had been through so much, and I couldn't imagine leaving her again.

"I can take a picture of it, if you want." I replied as I put on my sweater.

"Maybe some other time," Chloe said and put out her cigarette in the ashtray.

"Ready to go?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Let's hit the motherfucking road." She howled playfully, and ran down to get to her truck.

                      x-x-x

Chloe drove to Frank Bower's RV, which was parked not far from Blackwell Academy, which wasn't very surprising considering everyone there was high on a regular basis.

Chloe blasted loud punk music from the old stereo, singing along at the top of her lungs the entire time, despite my protests for something a little bit more calm.

Chloe hopped out of her old truck and strolled over to the ancient yellowed RV. I followed tiredly behind her.
Chloe's knuckles rapped loudly on the door, and she called out for Frank.

"Frank it's your favourite customer, Chloe!"

The door opened with a creak, and Frank and his dog Pompidou emerged.

"Who said anything about you being my favourite customer?" He said gruffly.

"Everyone fucking adores me, don't try and pretend that you don't." Chloe punched his arm.

"Whatever." He nodded in my direction. "Max."

"Hey Frank." I gave him a small, half hearted wave.

After Rachel's death, Frank had become bitter and tired, and he always seemed to be unhappy. He and Rachel had some type of romantic relationship going on, and Frank blamed himself for Rachel's death, and I doubt his mind has changed since then, based off of his demeanour and sad, restless face.

"So you said you were holding my pot?" Chloe crossed her arms across her chest.

"Yeah, if you got fifty bucks."

"Fuck man, rates are going up." Chloe groaned as she took out a few bills.

"Come in the trailer, I can't just sell you drugs in the fucking open Price. I thought you were smarter than this." Frank hissed and shook his head in annoyance.

"I am a high school dropout." Chloe shrugged and followed Frank to the RV. I stood there awkwardly, unsure of whether I should follow them or not.

"You, come too." Frank held his door open and gestured inside.

"Um, thanks." I said awkwardly, and followed Chloe inside.

The inside of Franks trailer was a mess. There were clothes strewn around, and it smelled strongly of marijuana and dog piss. There was a torn up pillow on the ground, most likely Pompidou's work.

Chloe was already slumped in the front chair, staring at something intensely on the dashboard.

It was a picture of a girl, sitting in the drivers seat, the one across from the chair Chloe was sitting in now.
Shit, it's a picture of Rachel.
I internally sighed, and tried to distract Chloe. Now she'd be in a sad mood, and it sucks to have to see her like that.

I walked over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. She broke her gaze to look over at Frank, who was loudly searching through a drawer, muttering under his breath.

"Fifty gets you one of these." Frank held up a moderately sized bag of weed, and I could smell it from where I was standing.

"All right!" Chloe grinned widely, and walked over to where Frank was standing. She handed him the bills, which he took, and shoved it in a metal box that was in a cupboard above his table.

"Nice seeing you Price." Frank opened the door and gestured for us to leave.

"Thanks dude, I'll have my mom cook you something good." Chloe said, then left in the direction of her truck.

Before I stepped out, I turned to face Frank. His hair was splayed out in all different directions, and he looked like he had aged years. His eyes had dark bags under them, and frown lines had crept onto his face since the last time I'd saw him.

"Frank, I know we're not close and all, but I just wanted to let you know that you're a good man, and what happened to her wasn't your fault." I said before I left.

I couldn't resist. He looked so drained, and lifeless, like he was just living just because he had to. I hated to see anyone like that.

A hint of a smile appeared on his lips for a quick second before disappearing.

"Uh, thanks, I guess." He replied quietly, and looked down at his muddy boots.

"Goodbye Frank."

"See you Max."

Chloe was sitting in the front seat, looking annoyed, honking her horn to get me to move faster.

"Jesus, calm down Chloe, I'm coming!" I called out, shaking my head.

"You. Take. Too. Fucking. Long." She replied with a displeased groan.

"And you are too fucking impatient, like a big kid." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"I am a big kid. A big kid that  really likes to get high."

"You need to get a new hobby."

"I was thinking about trying murder, but I decided against it." Chloe pulled out onto the road, in the direction of the Two Whales Diner.

"I'm grateful for that." I rummaged around in my leather bag for my camera.

"Take a picture of me, capture my sexiness." Chloe made a dramatic face as she turned the corner.

"Oh yes, the sexiest woman alive." I said as I snapped a picture of her.

"You can keep that, and when you get sad, you can look at it and remember that you have a hella hot girl as your best friend, then you'll be happy again." Chloe teased.

"Wow thank you for your generous gift."

"Anytime, Super Max. Fuck yes, I love this song!" Chloe began to bob her head, and turned up the radio. I groaned loudly.

"How do your eardrums still work?" I yelled over the loud drums and guitar.

"You need to start listening to Firewalk, they fucking rock!" Chloe shouted over the music.
I just shook my head, and placed my camera back in my bag, after not being able to find any more good shots.

I looked over at Chloe, who wore a small smile on her face, and was staring ahead at the road. She looked happy, but her eyes looked a bit troubled, clouded by thought and sadness.

Rachel Amber was a part of Chloe. She was even part of the inking on her skin; not long ago Chloe had gotten a small tattoo of a blue feather on the inside of her middle finger on her left hand, the same wrist that wore Rachel's blue leather bracelet. The feather resembled the earring of Rachel's that Chloe had stolen from evidence at the police station. I don't blame her, I would've done the same if it were Chloe.
Almost everything reminded her of Rachel, but she had gotten better lately. Seeing the picture in Frank's RV must have thrown her off a bit, but it'll be easy to distract her.

"Yoo hoo, Max!" Chloe grabbed my shoulder to get my attention. "We're here."

"Oh, sorry."

"What were you thinking about?"

"How to block out your music."

"Bitch." Chloe chuckled and bumped into my shoulder
with hers.

We walked into the diner together, and sat in our usual booth, towards the back of the diner near the jukebox. The diner smelt of fresh coffee, and bacon. It was familiar, and comforting.

Chloe's mom Joyce walked over to our table with her notepad.

"Good morning girls!" She kissed Chloe on the cheek despite her protests, and squeezed my shoulder.

"Good morning Joyce." I smiled at her.

"Hey mom." Chloe picked at the chipping teal nail polish on her fingers.

"What do you want today?" Joyce asked, and pulled her pen out of her apron pocket.

"Pancakes with extra bacon and some coffee. Throw in any alcohol you got in the batter." Chloe looked up at her mom.

"I really wish you wouldn't joke like that." Her mom shook her head.

"And I really wish I was drunk. No, high. Compromise?" Chloe laughed.

"Chloe, you're such a dork." I laughed with her.

"Very true." Chloe shrugged.

Joyce nodded, with a slight grin on her face. "What about you Maxine?"

"Just some eggs and toast please."

"With coffee?"

"I'd like that, thanks."

"Okay. I'll be right out with your drinks." Joyce walked back behind the counter and poured two cups of coffee into plain white mugs. She brought them back over and placed them on our table.

"Thanks." We both said.

We just sat and joked around, drank our coffee and talked, when suddenly, Chloe shushed me.

"Shut up and stay quiet. Don't let him see me." Chloe slouched down in the booth and whispered to me.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked Chloe quietly, with a confused expression on my face.

"Eliot Hampden! Last time I saw him I called him a dickbag and almost got him in trouble with the cops! I really don't want to have fucking small talk with him, so please just pretend I'm not here." She replied in a harsh whisper.

"Fine." I responded and went back to sipping my coffee, and trying not to be noticed, which failed, miserably.

Eliot had changed since I last saw him. He had grown taller, and had a little bit of stubble on his face. His light brown hair was neatly combed and styled, and he looked more tan. He saw me and waved with a grin. He began to walk in our direction.

"He's coming over Chloe, he saw me." I whispered to her, trying not to alert Eliot.
"Shit!" She cursed, and tired tried to go even lower.

"It's really not that big of a deal, just don't say anything insulting. He's not one to start conflict Chloe." I reassured her.

"You weren't there the last time I talked to him." She raised her eyebrows, almost in amusement.

Eliot finally reached our table and looked at me.

"Hey Max. It's been a while." He stuck out his fist to fist bump. I awkwardly did it back. Chloe was still crouched over in the booth, hiding.

"Chloe?" He looked at her, his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Aha, found it! My....nickel?" Chloe sat up and held up a nickel that she found in the seat. That wasn't a great save, Eliot probably knew she was trying to avoid him.

"Oh, hey Eliot." Chloe said awkwardly. She picked up her mug and sipped from it.

"Hey. You look different. It's nice. Uh, how are you?" He asked and scratched the back of his neck.

The whole situation was awkward, and the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Shitty." She responded, and locked eye contact with him.

"I-I'm sorry for how things went down the last time I saw you. I was frustrated, and you weren't exactly listening to me." Eliot apologized, looking embarrassed.

"Yep." Chloe just nodded.
I kicked her in the shin hard from underneath the table. She made a quick noise before glaring at me.

"I forgive you, I guess. And sorry for calling the cops and that shit, no hard feelings." She sighed while rolling her eyes.

"Looks like your food's coming. I'm gonna grab a table. It was great to see you both." Eliot quickly waved goodbye then wandered off to a table on the other side of the diner with his hands shoved in his jean pockets, and his head hanging low.

Joyce walked over, with a tray of two plates, one for Chloe, and one for me.

"Here ya go," she said as she placed our plates in front of us.
"Behave Chloe." She bent over to kiss Chloe on the cheek, and Chloe failed at pulling away.

"Ma!" Chloe groaned and squirmed away.
Joyce just grinned and walked back over to the counter, and began dishing out more food.

"That was a really shitty save, Chloe. A nickel? Really?" I giggled just thinking back on it.

"I was gonna use my pack of cigarettes, but he was too close, and would've saw me take it out of my pocket. Plus he knows I'm broke, I'll take every cent I can get." Chloe explained, then laughed at her own joke at the end.
I rolled my eyes and began to eat.

"This is delicious." I grinned as I took another bite. Chloe nodded in agreement.

"It's really good." She said with a mouthful of pancake.

"Ew, wait until you're done chewing your food; you eat like a little kid." I scrunched up my nose in disgust, then laughed.

Chloe rolled her eyes and said "Fuck off." in response, mouth still stuffed with food.

We finished our meal quickly, laughing the whole time. We said goodbye to Joyce, then drove to the light house.

                     x-x-x

We walked up the bumpy, muddy path that took us to the light house. A light breeze blew through the air, making the leaves on the trees slightly wave with the wind, almost like they were doing their own dance.

Chloe and I reached the top, and we both sat on the bench overlooking the water; Chloe hopped over it from behind in the usual Chloe Price fashion, while I just walked around it and sat like a normal person.

The first few minutes were silent. We sat, just listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocky cliff, and the birds chirping in the air.
One good thing about Arcadia Bay was that it was filled with beautiful nature, animals and plants alike.

"So how are things with Warren? Is the little dork still making moves on you?" Chloe broke the silence, and bumped into my shoulder with hers.

"Chloe!" I gave an exasperated groan. "Things are fine. We're just friends. I'm pretty sure he's got something going on with Brooke though."
"You jealous?"

"No Chloe! I told you we're just friends."

"Mmk." Chloe didn't look convinced.

Chloe reached into the pocket of her tattered jeans and pulled out her carton of cigarettes. She took one out and held it to her lips.

"Want to try one?" She asked, extending the carton in my direction.

"No thanks." I gently shoved the carton away.

"More for me." She shrugged, and lit it with her lighter.

"Chloe, how are you doing?" I placed my hand on her arm.

I know that she's had a tough couple of years, especially these past few months. She may act tough and unbreakable, but she's human, and Chloe isn't one to share her emotions.

"What do you mean by that?" Chloe averted her gaze from me, and blew out a large puff of grey smoke.

"You know what I mean. You're only human, Chloe, you don't have to hide your emotions, especially from me. I'm your best friend, and I care about you." I reassured her.

"I'm fine." She said gruffly, without looking at me.

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm fucking sure! You're not a therapist Max! Spare me the shit for once!" She angrily shouted, turning to face me. I silently sat beside her. She sighed and shook her head. "I'm sorry Max, you know I'm not good at sharing my feelings. If I ever need to talk to someone, I'll go see you." She apologized.

"It's fine. I get it." I side-hugged her.

A searing pain burst through my head; it felt as if I had gotten cut in the head with something very sharp.

"Ugh!" I groaned loudly, and in pain.

I had another vision, of Rachel. It was of her arguing with someone, a man. They were in an old, burnt out shell of a building; more like a barn.

Rachel was getting angry, and her face was red and flushed. She looked like she was about to clock him in the jaw.

"Just fuck off, okay? Leave her out of this!" Rachel spat at the man, her face contorted in anger.

"Max? Max! Maximus, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Chloe asked worriedly, an expression of panic on her smooth, pale face, as she interrupted my vision. Chloe grabbed me and steadied me, and held me close to her as everything faded to blackness.

                    x-x-x

I awoke with a killer headache, and my head rested on Chloe's lap.

"You awake now?" Chloe whispered, and gently nudged my head with her leg.

"Yeah." I winced as I sat up, and placed my hand on my forehead. "Just have a migraine now."

"Ouch." Chloe said as she stomped on her cigarette to put it out.

"Indeed." I replied as I wiped under my nose. My hand pulled back with a smear of blood on it.
Damn it. With great power comes great responsibility, but no one ever said that included headaches and nosebleeds.

Chloe handed me a tissue that already had a little bit of blood on it.

"I grabbed the tissues from your bag when I saw your nose was bleeding. I just got that one out." She explained.

"Thanks. How long was I out for?"

"Only about twenty minutes."

"Felt like longer." I chuckled.

"Well, you were the one asleep. I was your saviour." Chloe joked. "But anyway, what's up with the nosebleeds and headaches? Plus you've been acting a bit weird today."

I froze. I don't want to tell Chloe about the visions, it'd crush her. I don't want to lie to her either, but I'm doing it to protect her.

"Nothing. Just not feeling too peppy, I guess." I lied to her for the second time again today.

Chloe crossed her arms across her chest and narrowed her eyes.

"Max, you're hella bad at lying. Are you fucking around with time again? You said you'd stop doing that shit, it messes with you. You're passing out and getting nosebleeds,  like when you used your power." Chloe raised her voice in worry the more she spoke. She looked at me expectantly.

"What? No! I-I just...leave it alone Chloe!" I panicked and spat it out.

"I'm not going to leave it alone because I'm not going to let you get hurt, now tell me what the fuck is up." Chloe demanded angrily, although surprisingly calm for her.

"Nothing is going on! Stop being paranoid! You can never leave me alone! I'm fucking fine Chloe!" I shouted, my voice wavering.

I couldn't help but be frustrated with her prying. It was sweet that she cared, but I can't tell her, and the only way to get her to back down is to piss her off to the point where she'll be too mad to talk. Hopefully she'll forgive me afterwards.

"Max, calm the fuck down! You know you can tell me anything, and I know something's going on."

"If I wanted to tell you I would! You're not my mom Chloe, I can do what I want, and I'm not fucking around with anything or anyone, not that it's any of your business." I yelled, hoping she would stop.

I felt horrible doing this to her, but it's better that she doesn't know and be angry at me, than know and be angry and sad at the world, and become obsessed with finding Rachel. But it couldn't be possible, because we literally dug up her corpse; Chloe and I both still have nightmares about it.

Chloe's eyes grew wide with anger and bewilderment.

"You know what Max? Fuck off. I'm trying to be a good friend and you won't stop being a fucking dick.
Go hang out with your pet, Warren, because I'm not putting up with your bitchy attitude, and I'm certainly not fucking putting up with you lying to me." She yelled angrily at me, her face red and twisted into a face of anger and betrayal.

"Chloe, please-" I began.

"I said fuck off." She said quietly as she stared at the bay.

With my head hanging low, as well as my heart, I trudged back to my lonely dorm.

                    x-x-x

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5K 200 26
This is a Markiplier FanFiction about the game, "Life Is Strange." Max Caulfield is the new girl in the town of Arcadia Bay. She's a shy photographer...
91.6K 2.6K 82
Dual POV This story starts off right after Max made the choice to sacrifice Arcadia Bay, leaving only her and Chloe as survivors. Without anywhere el...
28.6K 718 51
Daniel Connors is an ordinary student attending Blackwell Academy. Known as a skater around the school, Daniel doesn't really speak much to anyone ex...
1.9K 45 8
Before leaving Arcadia Bay for the holidays, Max spends time with her girlfriend, Chloe Price. But then the day comes where Max has to go. Chloe is l...