Across The Stars // Star Wars...

By sunsets_and_quills

"They say home is where your heart is. Mine is among the stars, across the universe." The Force is a beautifu... More

Intro + Cast
🎶Playlist🎶
Prologue
✰Chapter 1✰
✰Chapter 2✰
✰Chapter 3✰
✰Chapter 4✰
✰Chapter 5✰
✰Chapter 6✰
✰Chapter 7✰
✰Chapter 8✰
✰Chapter 10✰
✰Chapter 11✰
✰Chapter 12✰
✰Chapter 13✰
✰Chapter 14✰
✰Chapter 15✰
✰Chapter 16✰
✰Chapter 17✰
✰Chapter 18✰
✰Chapter 19✰
✰Chapter 20✰
✰Chapter 21✰
✰Chapter 22✰
✰Chapter 23✰
✰Chapter 24✰
✰Chapter 25✰
✰Chapter 26✰
✰Chapter 27✰
✰Chapter 28✰
✰Chapter 29✰
✰Chapter 30✰
✰Chapter 31✰
✰Chapter 32✰
✰Chapter 33✰
✰Chapter 34✰
✰Chapter 35✰
✰Chapter 36✰
✰Chapter 37✰
✰Chapter 38✰
✰Chapter 39✰
✰Chapter 40✰
✰Chapter 41✰
✰Chapter 42✰
✰Chapter 43✰
✰Chapter 44✰
✰Chapter 45✰
✰Chapter 46✰
✰Chapter 47✰
✰Chapter 48✰
✰Chapter 49✰
✰Chapter 50✰
✰Chapter 51✰
✰Chapter 52✰
✰Chapter 53✰
✰Chapter 54✰
✰Chapter 55✰
✰Chapter 56✰
✰Chapter 57✰
✰Epilogue Pt. 1✰
✰Epilogue Pt. 2✰

✰Chapter 9✰

661 14 13
By sunsets_and_quills

"Raven..." a voice whispers in my ear and I open my eyes, sitting up in bed.

"Ben?" I reply in a breathy voice.

"Raven, where are you?" he asks.

I look around. "Why would I tell you?"

"I need your help," he says.

"No, you don't. What you need is a stick in your-"

"My sister, classic as ever." He chuckles darkly.

I clench my eyes shut. "Leave me alone," I whisper, balling my fists. I do exactly what Anakin told me to do. I flush out all of my senses except sounds. I listen to the humming of the fly in my room and the ticking of the drizzle against my window. I can feel Ben trying to talk to me, but I ignore it. He's not here, so I can't possibly hear him.

Slowly but surely, his voice disappears and his presence fades away. I open my eyes again and I can't help but smile to myself. I lie back down and fall asleep after a few minutes.

The sun is shining brightly by the time I wake up again and I realise I slept in for the first time in years. I travel downstairs and find Chewie in the kitchen as he sets down a plate with breakfast. "Ahw, Chewie. Did you make me breakfast?" I chime.

He gruntles a few times. "That's sweet of you," I say, sitting down and grabbing one of the bread rolls. We chat for a bit while I eat my breakfast and I help him do the dishes after. While I'm drying off a plate, a knock sounds on the door. I look up at Chewie, who just shrugs.

I sling the towel over my shoulder as I open the door, revealing Poe and BB-8. "Hey, buddy," I grin, gaining an excited beep from BB-8. "Hey, Poe," I then say to the man before me who greets me with a grin. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We thought we could catch up for a bit. I have a day off from flying and I'm pretty sure you don't have plans yet considering you're doing the dishes with a Wookie," he says.

Chewie roars from the kitchen.

"Which is fine! Geez, it was a joke," Poe chuckles. "So, what do you say?"

"Yeah, I'd like that. Let me finish the dishes and then I'll be ready to go," I say to him with a smile. I rush to finish drying off the plates and cups. Poe actually joins to help me for the last bit while BB-8 watches and comments on Poe's drying skills. BB-8's language is similar to R2-D2's so I can understand quite a bit, but there are still words and phrases I don't know. Poe is happy to help out and translate, though.

After I put away the final cup, I say goodbye to Chewie and head out the door with Poe and BB-8. We take a stroll and end up in the forest where we used to play as kids. "Do you remember this place?" Poe asks.

"Yeah, of course. I will never forget when you showed me that Blarth," I say with a giggle, digging my hands into the pockets of my pants. "How long ago was that?"

"Must be fifteen, sixteen years or something," he says. "Time flies."

I nod. "Yeah, it does." I let out a sigh. "Poe, I need to tell you something."

"What's wrong?" he asks, worry filling his eyes at the sound of my voice. We stop walking and I avoid his eyes as I search for the right words.

"It's about Ben," I start. "When we were away, something happened to him and I'm not sure how to tell you."

"You can tell me anything, Rave," he says softly.

I close my eyes and breathe in deeply. "Ben turned to the Dark Side of the Force," I say and Poe falls completely silent for a good minute.

"How did that happen?" he asks then.

I shake my head. "I don't know," I lie.

"And now? Where did he go?" he asks but his eyes harden. "Did he do that to you?" He motions to the healing scar down my face.

I nod almost invisibly. The next second, Poe pulls me in a tight hug and for a moment, I never want to leave his embrace. But he draws back and holds onto my shoulders. "You're safe now, I promise," he says and I make an attempt at a smile.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"C'mon, I need to show you something," he says, taking my hand in his as he takes me back to the hangars. He walks up to a black and orange X-Wing.

"Hey, isn't that your parents' X-Wing?" I ask, running my hand over its side.

"Yeah, they've worked on it for years," Poe says, nodding.

"Where are they? I haven't seen them yet," I ask but when I see the look in Poe's eyes, my heart drops. "Oh, Poe, I'm so sorry," I whisper.

He shrugs. "They went to fight a simple battle but the First Order showed up, they stood no chance," he says, kicking at a pebble on the ground. "I was eighteen."

"I'm so sorry," I repeat, placing a gentle hand on his arm.

"Anyway, we didn't come here to be all sad and gloomy. Get in," he says, pressing a button to open up the cockpit.

I look at him with wide eyes. "What are we doing?" I ask.

"We're gonna fly around for a bit. You know how to fly, right?" he says.

I shake my head.

"Then how did you get from place to place?" he asks with a frown.

"Ben flew," I lie quickly. "Or Luke."

"Ah," he says. "Well, it's not difficult. Hop in."

I exhale deeply before climbing up the ladder and sitting down behind the controls. Poe climbs in as well and sits down behind me. He keeps a tiny bit of distance between us as he takes my arms and puts my hands on the controls. He presses a couple of buttons and the X-Wing turns on. My stomach twists into knots as Poe pulls at my elbows and the X-Wing rises from the ground.

"Just don't think too much about it. You're doing great," he says softly, noticing my shaking hands. I nod and swallow thickly as I fly the X-Wing around over the settlement.

"Look down," Poe says at one point, taking over the wheel. I glance through the window and gasp. The planet below us looks like a green blur that is occasionally interrupted by mountains or bodies of water.

"That's beautiful," I whisper, making the man behind me laugh softly.

"Welcome home, Rave," he says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 1.4K 58
Lillian always felt alone in the galaxy, even with Rey at her side. That was until Poe Dameron flew into her life. Now Lillian, Rey, her new friend F...
89K 2.3K 26
After being set up whilst on a mission, Rey endures a pain beyond words as she discovers who you really are, which is overwhelming and shocking. You...
346 19 11
You grew up next door neighbours with the Solo family. Ever since you could remember, Ben was always there, until he wasn't, and you were angry him f...
113K 3.1K 39
A girl searching for her place in the galaxy. A boy fighting to take control of his destiny. And the bond that runs deeper than either of them could'...