The Trouble Next Door (Book #...

By nevergoingtofindme

(Book #3 of the mafia series) Sierra is now 21 years old and in her last year of collage She lives in this... More

Authors Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch.12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch.18
Ch. 19
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch.26
Ch. 27
Ch.28
Ch.29
Ch. 30
Ch.31
Ch.32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch.39
Ch. 40
Ch.41
Ch.42
Ch.43
Ch.44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch.47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch.50

Ch. 20

2.9K 147 30
By nevergoingtofindme

Sierras POV

7:00pm rolls around and I already had food made.

I already showered and was in sweats and a hoodie which is the norm for me.

If this is how I dress for dinner by myself what's the difference when I eat dinner with Hayden?

...

Okay it's a slight difference.

I run to my room and just as I entered my room I hear a knock on the door.

"I'll be there in a minute!" I shout taking off my sweats and putting on the first pair of jeans I see in my drawers.

I don't bother changing my hoodie since it was cold in my apartment.

I hear another knock making me roll my eyes and I hurry off to the door.

"Why are you so impatient?!" I shout and I hear his laughter behind the door.

Ugh he's so annoying.

I finally open the door wide enough for him to come in.

I see two brown paper bags in his hand.

"I felt weird not bringing anything and I decided to bring Wine but then I thought it was also stupid of me since I remembered that you don't drink and that I don't drink" Hayden rambles on as he sets it down on the table which made me giggle.

I put my hand on top of my mouth because I never giggle.

Good thing he didn't see that.

"Today can be an exeaption" I say. "I also heard that wine can help with stress"

Boy do I have something on my plate to make me stress.

"Finales already giving you a hard time already?" He ask wiggling his eyebrows sitting down.

"Something like that" I say going over to serve him a plate.

"They haven't even started though" he says and I sigh at that.

"Exactly" I say and he laughs at my stressed out look.

In about two months we're graduating and it's still crazy to think about.

Not only am I graduating in two months but I'm also fighting at the grand Mafia Ball.

The ball hasn't happened around my area in almost 8 or so years.

I see Hayden getting up and gets a plate of his own. I guess I won't be needing to serve him a plate then.

When he got up close to serve himself the plate of Beans, Rice, and chicken I saw his dark under circles.

"I guess I'm not the only one stressed out" I say serving myself some too.

"Yeah, something like that" Hayden says quoting me.

I didn't notice until now how close he was to me until his arm brushed against mine.

Is the room hot or is it just me?

"I hope the food is good or else I wasted my time coming here" He teases going back to his chair.

I turn and teasingly glare at him only causing him to let out a small chuckle.

"I'll have you know it's going to be one of the most delicious meals you've ever tried" I say getting two wine glasses before setting down on my chair too.

"I'll be the judge of that" Hayden says shoving a spoonful of food into his mouth.

He doesn't show any facial expression which made me kind of nervous.

I'm usual very confident about my cooking since my mom and dad thought me how to cook.

but for some weird reason when Hayden is judging my cooking is making me nervous.

I see him close his eyes as he starts to eat the food.

I stare as his lips move slowly and that's when I slowly start to realize all the features I've never noticed.

His messy curly golden hair sort of covering his eyes, His eyelash curled up making me envy him for it, the few Lunares near his right eyes, his perfectly craved out jaw as if it was created from god himself, and his perfectly tanned skin.

I saw his brows scrunch up as if he was remembering a good memory.

Just as I was about to ask a question he opens his bright blue eyes and I see them harden a little bit before they soften completely.

For a second he let his guard down and I saw how innocent, confused, hurt, and angry flash across his face before he puts up his facade again.

"So?" I ask confidently not showing any sign of what I saw or how I feel.

"It's delicious" He says eating some more. "Ten outh ofsh ten"

"As if should be" I say confidently while eating some of my chicken.

After a few more bites Hayden finally opens the wine opener and pops the wine open and serves us both.

Hayden gets his wine glass and just as He was about to taste it I stop him.

"Let's do a toast" I say and Hayden looks at me weirdly. "To our new friendship"

"Wow, that's very cheesy" He says teasing me.

"Call it what you want but you're being "cheesy" with me" I say and he rolls his eyes while smiling.

Ring

Ring

Ring

I hear my phone go off just as we were about to drink up.

I take it out and see it's Andy calling.

"I have to take this" I say putting the wine glass down and going out to the balcony.

"Hello?" I ask loud enough for him to hear me, sternly.

"Be at the ring right now" Andy says.

"I'm busy r-"

"I'll wait for you in 20" He says before ending the call.

I look at the phone in disbelief and just stay outside for a second calming down.

I take in two deep breaths in and out before I head back inside.

I see Hayden getting off the phone and looking at me.

"I have to get going an emergency came up. Thank you for the food" Hayden says with an annoyed look before walking off.

"Save me leftovers" He says before leaving my apartment.

With that I didn't have enough time to thing what was the emergency I just needed to get ready.

My hair was already in its French braids all I need now is to get into my clothes and mask.

Rushing to my closet I take off all of my clothes and put on my black workout leggings, gray workout bra and over it I put on a semi lose black tank.

Putting on my shoes as I get out I almost forget my mask making me go back into my room.

I put on my red jack which I almost forgot too and stop in my tracks when I hear Hayden's door open.

I hear his footsteps pass my apartment and I finally hear the elevator open and close.

Thank god he finally left.

I put on the mask not worrying if he sees me walking out with it anymore and I leave soon after.

______

At the underground.

Upon entering I only see the Managers walking around serving the people at the ring. The only problem was that their wasn't any fights going on right now.

There wasn't a usual crowd Which was weird since this place was always pack even on its slow nights.

The other two rings were empty which was odd too.

I make eye contact with Jake and that's when he smiles at the people he was with.

I connect the dots and realize what they needed me here for.

"My favorite fighter just arrived, right on time" I hear Jake say to the people.

They turn around to look at me making my way to them and see Marcelo, Dominic, and finally dad all with their second in command and even third in command by their sides along with their fighters.

Even their wife's are here witch I find surprising.

I go over to Jakes side where Ace was and that's when I see who's next to dads side. Rey and the Rookie.

"Now what did your girl want again, Mason?" Jake ask and I can tell that Rey wants a rematch.

"I want a rematch" Rey says staring me off like that was going to scare me after getting a nudge from dad.

I look over at Ace who is looking at me with an "you already know the answer" look. I glance over at Jake and he's looking at me with an expectingly look.

I finally look at her not letting any reaction show on my face for her to know what I'm feeling.

I shrug and look over at Andy who is smiling satisfied and I can already see that smile on Jakes face.

"Shouldn't we wait for the Ball?" Mom jumps in worriedly and they all give her an odd look.

"Why not have a preview of what we're going to get at the ball?" Dominic says smirking.

"I agree with the Russian" Marcelo says making Dominic glare at him before getting over with it.

"We are already here so might as well" Jake jumps in.

I look down at my hands feeling the wrap tight but not too tight on my hands.

Mom looks at Rey and then at me concerned before sighing out.

"Fine" she says and I can see Rey looking at me with a smug look.

"You're going down, Thalia" Rey says trying to intimidate me by coming closer to me.

To a regular person she would have intimidated them but I grew up and was raised by these powerful people here.

"What makes you so sure?" I whisper only for her to hear as I step closer with a smirk on my face.

I see her getting railed up as I see she was going to swing which she was before Dad stopped her.

I didn't flinch as I saw her fist an inch away from my face.

"Solve it in the ring" Dad says pulling her back.

I then feel someone pull me back too before I'm off to the corner and so is Rey by Mac.

I turn around and see Andy looking at me... proudly?

"You pissed off the Italians you know that, right?" Andy says with a spark of joy and mischief in his eyes along with his smile.

"Why are you so happy about that, freak?" I ask only for his smile to diffuse a little bit.

"It's been a while since I've seen Thea riled up about anything" He says and I could already tell that he's already been annoying mom to do some mischief together.

"So I'm only here for amusement?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Obviously, now get in the ring and whop some Italian ass" Andy says turning serious.

He didn't even try to hide the fact that I'm being used for amusement.

I see Angela come by with a tray of drinks and we make eye contact and I can already see the concern in her eyes before she looks back down.

I'm being pulled again and this time I turn to see Luke.

"I'm sure the Italians have something up their sleeves" Luke says looking over at them and I do too.

I look to see them giving Rey her a talk along with The Rookie by her side.

Luke finally lets go of me and I look over at ace who is already downing a shot.

He looks over at the other shot glass he had in his hand and then looks at me.

I nod and he hands it to me.

I take a shot of what I think is tequila and Ace passes me another one.

I quickly take that one too before I make my way to the ring.

Glancing over at Jake he looks at me and does a signal with his hand.

He pretends to slit his throat meaning one of two things.

He wants me to kill her or..... they're trying to kill me.

Either way he knows that one of us might come out alive and after that it's more to come.

I look over at Rey and see Luis handing her something to which she quickly puts away.

Looking away I can see out of the corner of my eye that she is looking back at me.

Either way....things are going to be interesting.

~~~~~~
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!

Stay safe everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 37.4K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
161K 8.6K 56
❝We are never going to be family.❞ • • • Three half-siblings, living in different situations, with enough hate to kill each other. By some joke of th...
347 3 24
WARNING: 18+, Explicit Language, Sexual Content (Chapters will have ⭐️ if you choose to skip), and Alcohol. Bianca Taylor Smith is a 20-year-old art...
1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...