nightmares ~ doctor who

By timelordcurse

Hayden was cursed with nightmares. She had been ever since she was a kid. Then one day a tweed wearing weirdo... More

Description
PART 1
Ch 1 - Nightmares and Tweed ✓
Ch 2 - Dr. Doctor and the Murder Box
Ch 3 - Greece and Amy
Ch 4 - Moonlight and Nebulae
Ch 5 - Encounters and Titanic
Ch 6 - Home and Teddy Bears
Ch 7 - Sunglasses and River
Ch 8 - Angels and Accidents
Ch 9 - Blackouts and Telepathy
Ch 10 - Pain and the In-laws
Ch 11 - Movie and a Dinner
Ch 13 - Roomies and Neighbors
Ch 14 - Upstairs and Rings
Ch 15 - Corridors and Gardens
Ch 16 - Museums and Visions
Ch 17 - Colours and Starry Nights
Ch 18 - Leadworth and the TARDIS
Ch 19 - Dreams and Fairy Tales
Ch 20 - Venice and Vampires
Ch 21 - Gunpowder and Drowning
Ch 22 - Tainted Love and Dragons
Ch 23 - Darillium and the Scientist
Ch 24 - Surprises and oH FU-
PART 2
Ch 25 - Untrue
Ch 26 - Unstable
Ch 27 - Unbottle
Ch 28 - Unravel
Ch 29 - Unleash
PART 3
Ch 30 - Remembering and Renewal
Ch 31 - Alive and Refreshers
Ch 32 - Weddings and Endings
Epilogue - Love and the Future
playlist
Q&A / FAQ

Ch 12 - Afraid and Abrupt Endings lmao

14.1K 534 632
By timelordcurse

Afraid and Abrupt Endings lmao

The Doctor brought me back home with a goodnight kiss on the cheek and left to go to the TARDIS. I smile as I watch his retreating figure. Maybe him - us - won't be such a bad thing.

I quickly walk up the stairs to my apartment, a lot less winded than I usually am thanks to the Doctor's mandatory daily exercise called running away from random stupid enemies. I unlock the door and step inside. The place seems to be empty.

"Mom, Dad? I'm home!" I yell and leave some M&Ms on the table for them. "Sorry it took so long, John was being..." I stop talking when I see a frantic looking Doctor barge out of my bedroom. "What the hell?"

"Haydie!" He gasps and hugs me. "Where have you been?"

"Uhm, out?" I ask confused and pull away. "Why?"

"I've been here for an hour looking for you!"

"Well, it's kind of a small apartment. Shouldn't have taken you that long..."

"Hush up, Haydie. You knew what I meant," he says and hugs me again.

"I only went to the movies," I huff and push him away.

"By yourself?" He asks confused.

"No," I answer simply.

His eyes darken. "With that John fellow I heard you mention earlier?"

"Yep," I nod.

He groans and flops on the living room couch. More muffled groaning noises came out of him and I laugh.

"His name was John Smith. Lovely fellow, wears bowties," I joke and his groaning stops.

"I hate you," I hear him say.

"No you don't," I chuckle and sit on his feet. He turns his head so he's not talking into the couch anymore.

"You seem very peppy today," he comments.

"I had a good day today," I shrug. "Where's your jacket, Tweedy?"

"I lost it," he mumbles and tries to look at me, but I'm still sitting on his feet. "Tweedy?"

"Yeah, like Tweety bird, and you wear tweed. How do you lose a jacket?"

"It might be in the bath," he furrows his brow. "Or the fridge."

"Damn, you're away from me for only an hour and you're already a mess," I shake my head. "You're never going to live when I die."

"Don't say that," he growls and I jump up off of the couch.

"Whoa there, calm down," I try to joke. He buries his head into the couch again. "How do you know where I live?"

"Brought future Hayden to Venice. She told me where it was."

"Ooo, did I have fun?" I sit back down on his feet.

"I believe so," he turns his head and smiles, but it quickly disappeared. "The fish kind of ruined it though..."

"Fish?" I ask but he shakes his head.

"So how was the movies?" He asks.

"Horrible movie, lots of candy, great pizza, you'll find out sooner or later," I wink and walk back to the kitchen where I left my purse. "Do you want Twizzlers or Sour Patch Kids? You bought tons of the stuff," I call out to him.

"One of each would be nice," I hear him answer and I roll my eyes. I grab his candy with some gummy worms and snow caps for me and walk back into the living room. The Doctor is now sitting on the couch like a normal person and he's resting his arms over the back of the couch like a lot of men do. I walk over, sit right next to him, and lean my head against his shoulder. He jumps a bit in surprise but quickly relaxes and rests his arm around my shoulders.

"Where are Amy and Rory?" I ask him as I open up my package of gummy worms.

"In the TARDIS doing... couple stuff." We both grimace. "Their relationship is now fixed, so no more trouble." He reaches over and gently holds my pendant, which vibrates in his hand. "It likes me now," he smiles and drops it on my chest.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask and he looks down at me. "I watched a movie with future you, it seems fitting that I watch one with you too." I reach over him and grab the remotes for the TV and cable off the side table.

"Sure, why not? Haven't seen movies in a while," he grins as I turn the TV on. I flip through some channels but stop when one catches my eye.

"Oh my god, I remember this movie!" I gasp as Hook starts to play. "We were camping when I was little at a cabin. I was in a time out for slapping my cousin, but the room I was in had a TV in it. The only channels they had were Discovery Channel and TNT, and also some news and two sports channels but I was little and didn't like that stuff. TNT had Hook on, and I already loved Peter Pan, so this was heaven for me. It was my favorite movie for two years..." I trail off when I see the Doctor looking at me. "Sorry, I was rambling."

"No, no. It's okay," he assures me. "I like learning new stuff about you. It's... interesting." I shrug.

"I loved Robin Williams so much," I mutter. [I added in this whole Hook bit after he died. Haydie's experience with the movie is what actually happened to me. please excuse my sobs]

"He was a great man. Met him once. Actually, I believe I'm in this movie," he muses. I look up at him and see him thinking. "Yeah, I am. When they introduce Captain Hook, I'm one of the pirates in the background."

"You've gotta show me!"

"Nah, you wouldn't recognize me anyways. I had a lot of hair back then. Big scarf," he mutters and I shrug.

"Oh, by the way, if my parents come home and you're still here, your name is John Smith, you're 21 years old, you go to the same college as me, and we met when I was collecting the mail earlier today," I inform him and his eyebrows shoot up.

"Okay?" He answers confused. I nod and cuddle back into him.

We watch the rest of the movie in silence, enjoying each other's company. I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with the Doctor, and I don't know if that scares me or excites me.

The movie only had a couple minutes left before I fell asleep. I vaguely remember being carried around and placed onto a bed.

******

I'm all alone in a field of fire. People are screaming everywhere, and the only thing I hear other than screams are explosions. Dead bodies and machinery are scattered around me. I'm hurt and surely dying, but no one is here to help. No one comes by my side. Not even the man with the changing face.

Then, all of time stops. Everything pauses and everything is silent. I'm the only one not frozen. Tears start to collect in my eyes as I know where this is going.

I suddenly have the strength to get up and look around. Every breath is like swallowing acid and every step feels like swimming through lava. Pain and fear is masked on everyone's frozen faces. I can see the shape of metal creatures in the background, and an echo of their calls scatter in the wind. Every instinct tells me to run, but where to? Danger is all around me.

I look down at the bodies around me. I recognize who these people were. My hand flies up to rub my pendant, but it's not there. These dead bodies are my mom and dad, friends from school, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, Amy and Rory. There's someone in front of me who makes my heart stop. Their torso is all torn up like someone tried to dig through it. In place of a leg there's a pool of blood. One of their arms are bent in the wrong angle and in places where it shouldn't be bent. Their face looks up at the sky, mouth ajar and eyes distant. I recognize the face of this man, and my body is washed over by a chilling numb. A wretched sob breaks through my chest and it my mouth as I stare at the Doctor's mangled body.

Time unpauses and I fall down on my back next to him. I can feel his blood pooling through my shirt and sticking onto my back. I lose my breath and my chest feels like it collapsed. I scream as loud as I can, no matter how hard it hurts. My mouth tastes like bile. I look up at the sky, expecting stars, but all I see is fire. My whole world is fire, and it doesn't take long for it to consume me whole.

I wake up crying in my room, the TARDIS standing in the middle of it. The Doctor jumps out of his ship and immediately holds me in his arms. I clutch onto his shirt with my hands like he's my life support. I shake with every breath I take and every sob is like swallowing a knife. He rubs my back and says comforting things, but every time I would feel a little bit better, the image of his broken corpse enters my brain and I break down again.

"Shh, it's alright, I got you," he tries to assure me but his own voice sounds shaky. I feel him shudder a bit and I realize he's crying. I'm not sure why he is, but I instantly feel the need to comfort him. I let go of his shirt and wrap my arms around him, squeezing him close to me. He mumbles something, but I can't understand what he's saying because he starts to cry a little harder.

I hear the TARDIS door creek upon. "Doctor?" A groggy voice asks. I move my face which was previously buried into his neck and see a surprised Rory wearing a bath robe. "I'm... gonna go..." he mutters and slowly closes the door. I laugh a little through my crying and the Doctor manages to do so too.

After another couple minutes of crying, I calm down enough to pull myself away, violently wiping the tears off of my face while he does the same. I stare at my hands for a while and the Doctor averts his gaze towards my Bastille poster.

"Why are you crying?" I ask him and he sighs.

"Any dream any of us has can be viewed as long as we're both sleeping at the same time in the same time," he mutters like he's reciting something from a textbook. A memory flashes quickly in my mind and I wince.

"So you had the dream too?" I ask him to make sure. I'm still looking at my hands but I can feel his gaze on me. I hear him hum in approval. "Why?"

"The bond." I wait for him to evaluate but he doesn't.

"And that is?"

He pauses. "I just..."

"What?" I try to gently push him to tell me.

"I just..." He says again and sighs. "I just... can't. I can't. I'm too... afraid to tell you."

"Why?"

"Because... it's complicated. I just can't." He puts his face in his hands.

"Future Doctor said you would tell me the next time I see you," I mumble and his head shoots up at me.

"Wh-what? Why?" he stammers but groans. "Now I have to tell you..."

"Well, maybe that's a good thing," I reason. "Maybe he's trying to push you along. Maybe something good comes out of it."

He thinks about it but shakes his head. "I have all of tomorrow to tell you. Or maybe you'll stay longer than just one trip and I'll have more time," he thinks out loud and starts to smile.

"You're such a stubborn person," I roll my eyes. "Is it really so bad?" I ask worried.

A warm smile creeps upon his face. "No. Not really, no. It's quite wonderful, actually," he stares at the ceiling in thought but then his smile disappears. "But you might not think so."

"Why would you-"

"Off to bed!" He interrupts and jumps out of mine. "Big day tomorrow! Well, probably. Well, every day is big if you think about it. Well, not big, I guess. Anyways," he rambles. He starts to walk back to his TARDIS but I grab his plaid pajama pants near the butt, making him yelp.

"Stay," I sort of beg, which causes him to spin around towards me. I clear my throat. "Stay with me, please. If you want to." He smiles and hops back into bed. He seems to subconsciously hold me in his arms, but I don't complain. The feeling of protection blows the memories of the awful nightmare away. "You better still be here when I wake up," I mumble as I start to drift off and he chuckles.

"Goodnight, Haydie." He kisses the top of my head as I fall asleep.

******

I wake up and the Doctor is still holding me in his arms. I sigh as I snuggle further into him. I feel the vibrations of his chuckle in his chest, so I know he's awake.

"Good morning," he says in a deep groggy morning voice.

"Mmm," I answer back, still too tired to talk. He plays with the ends of my hair, which rings some alarms in my head, but like I said, I'm still too tired to do anything.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks. I stretch out my arms, accidentally hitting him in the face. "Hey..."

"Sorry," I chuckle. "I slept pretty good, you?"

"Other than the eating your hair part, yeah, I slept well," he jokes and I laugh.

01/15/19 - OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART AND THE FEAR OF LOSING MY DIGNITY AND/OR SANITY I HAVE DELETED THE REST OF THIS CHAPTER. DO NOT WORRY, THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO PLOT. JUST SHAME. GOODBYE. RIP TOASTER STRUDELS.

*******

BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE AND VOTE AND COMMENT AND WHATEVER I WON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU DON'T

-alli-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 803 19
Haven't you always wished that a mad man with a box would show up at your house in the middle of the night and whisk you off to fight aliens, save th...
187 11 11
The doctor hasn't been the same for some time now, she is absent and rarely takes her "Fam" on an adventure. Yaz, Ryan, and Graham decide to confront...
59.7K 2.3K 35
When she was seven years old a man in a box fell from the sky and crash landed in her best friends garden, and promised her that he would return in f...
8.8K 333 9
The Doctor found his mate, his Bonded, his Chosen, in the form of the best friend of who would become his companion. He found the one who makes him f...