✓ | RECKLESS AND BRAVE | Drac...

By fhreyachaes

[ BOOK TWO OF MISCHIEF MANAGED | JAMES POTTER VS SIRIUS BLACK ] ❝ But," her voice trailed off brokenly, "I'm... More

DISCLAIMER + CAST
I | THE SORCERER'S STONE
1 | AURORA
2 | BUOYANT
3 | CHUTZPAH
4 | DEMURE
5 | ETHEREAL
6 | FELICITY
7 | GAUCHE
8 | HALO
9 | IDYLLIC
10 | JOCUND
11 | KAPUT
12 | LUMINESCENCE
13 | MONDEGREEN
II | THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
14 | NEFARIOUS
15 | OPULENCE
16 | PETRICHOR
17 | QUAINT
18 | RESPLENDENT
19 | SAUDADE
20 | TRANSCENDENCE
21 | UPPITY
III | THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
22 | VEHEMENT
23 | WANDERLUST
24 | XERIC
25 | YONDER
26 | ZEAL
27 | AMORIST
28 | BERCEUSE
29 | CHRYSALISM
30 | DUENDE
31 | EFFLEURAGE
32 | FANTOD
33 | GELASIN
IV | THE GOBLET OF FIRE
34 | HAMARTIA
35 | INTERSIDEREAL
36 | JEJUNE
37 | KOI NO YOKAN
38 | LATIBULE
39 | MINUTIAE
40 | NAZ
41 | ORPHIC
42 | PULCHRITUDINOUS
43 | QUERENCIA
44 | REDAMANCY
45 | SEHNSUCHT
46 | TEMERATE
V | THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
47 | UITWAAIEN
48 | VIRAGO
49 | WHELVE
50 | XAERN
51 | YŪGEN
52 | ZUGZWANG
53 | ANAM CARA
54 | BASOREXIA
55 | CHEILOPROCLITIC
56 | DEFENESTRATE
57 | ESPRIT D'ESCALIER
58 | FORELSKET
59 | GLAUCOUS
60 | HONNE
VI | THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
61 | IBRAT
62 | JAYUS
63 | KAIROS
64 | LA DOULEUR EXQUISE
65 | MIZPAH
66 | NEDOVTIPA
67 | OCULOPLANIA
68 | PHOSPHENES
69 | QUATERVOIS
VII | THE DEATHLY HALLOWS
70 | RESFEBER
71 | STRIKHEDONIA
72 | TAUSENDSASSA
73 | UBUNTU
74 | VELLEITIE
75 | WABI-SABI
76 | XANTHORIATIC
77 | YERTDRIFT
78 | ZEMBLANITY
79 | AEIPATHY
80 | BOKETTO
81 | COUP DE GRÂCE
82 | DRAPETOMANI
83 | ERLEBNISSE
B O N U S | 1
B O N U S | 2
B O N U S | 3
B O N U S | 4
B O N U S | 5
C A N O N
CONTEST WINNER
TESSA AND DRACO'S READING LIST
THEO'S SPIN-OFF BOOK
KASI'S SPIN-OFF BOOK

84 | FINIFUGAL

19.6K 686 3.6K
By fhreyachaes

FINIFUGAL
(adj.) hating endings; of someone who tries to avoid or prolong the final moments of a story, relationship, or some other journey

THERE WAS A SORT OF QUIETNESS THAT ONLY DRACO COULD HEAR. The kind where everything around you came to a pause — even when a war waged everywhere else around him. Nothing else seemed to matter anymore; not when he felt his soul rip away from him and his body shattered to pieces at the realization that his heart was no longer beating.

She lay there on his lap — her body broken from the fall and her mouth parted with blood trickling down the side. It was a sight he could never forget — even if he wanted to with all his might.

Draco knelt on the earth for a moment with her — right there in the eye of the hurricane where he felt a part of him wither away.

     Even before he found out she had the blood of the dragon which made them bonded as mates, Draco had always felt as though there was a part of him that belonged to Tessa.

     Maybe it was his heart, maybe it was his soul, or maybe it was the entirety of him — but whatever it was flickered away. It was a candle whose flame had burned out into nothingness.

     The cord that tethered her to him had snapped — and Draco had never felt so empty and alone as he did at this very moment.

     His body trembled through his sobs as he rocked her in his arms, whispering pleas that she couldn't hear — begging her to come back to him. He didn't know how long he cried for her, he was barely even aware of his surroundings that had turned to gray until a sound of anguish echoed from behind him.

     Still weeping for his lost love, Draco glanced up from where he had his cheek pressed against her hair. "M-Mrs. Potter," he choked out, his stomach twisting at the pure agony painted on the older woman's face.

     Catherine stumbled, her body lurching forward as she fell to the grass. There were tears running down her face that was covered with ash and grime — she'd Apparated once she saw what happened. Draco hasn't had the chance to speak to Catherine again after that one day in his fourth year, the last means of communication he's had was through that letter he sent her asking for her permission and blessing to court and date Tessa.

     But he was desperate and his body and tongue seemed to have a mind of their own. At once, he shifted to lay Tessa back down on the grass as he sniffed and hastily wiped his face with the back of his hands.

     "Mrs. Potter," he said, his voice thick with emotion, "please — please save her." Draco was still on his knees as he begged, reaching over to take Catherine's hands and coating them with Tessa's blood that was on his. "I'm begging you," he whispered brokenly, "please save her."

     Catherine was shaking — her entire body trembled from head to toe as she cried ceaselessly for the loss of her daughter. She slowly dragged her eyes from the mangled body of Tessa to stare right into Draco's shadowed gray eyes. They were haunted — so dark and so haunted for a seventeen year old boy.

     "Please," he said again, another tear slipping down his cheek as his lower lip quivered.

     She gripped his hands in hers, feeling how cold and thin his fingers were. "I have a small favor to ask of you," she started in a quiet voice, hiccuping a sob at the end. "Will you do it for me, Draco?"

     "Anything," Draco complied at once. "I'll do anything."

     Catherine smiled gently — it was the first time she's ever smiled at him. He felt another tear roll down his cheek at that.

     This was not how he wanted their official proper meeting to go.

     She brought a hand up and very delicately cupped his cheek like how a mother would affectionately do so to a son. Catherine let out a breathy laugh through her tears as she whispered, "Will you tell her how much I have and always will love her?"

     Draco had expected her to say that, but he didn't expect to cry when he heard the way she said that. It was as though she'd already known all along about what was to happen, and that she was prepared for what was to come.

     He nodded, feeling Catherine brush his tear away and pull her hand back to her side. "Of course," he said, "I'll tell her that — every single day." Draco hiccuped a sob. "Is there anything else?"

     Catherine didn't say anything at first. Very slowly, she reached over and stroked the hair away from Tessa's peaceful face. "My baby," she whispered, sobbing heartbreakingly as she brought her arms around Tessa's shoulder and gathered her onto her lap. "I'm so sorry Mum couldn't be there for you before," she said as she held her into an embrace. "But I'm here now, and I want you to know that there's nothing to worry about anymore."

     Draco stayed quiet as he watched the heartbreaking last moments Catherine was having with her daughter.

     "Fire may rain from the sky," she suddenly said, still cradling Tessa in her arms. "Or lightning may strike us all — but no matter what tragedy befalls on us — " Catherine hiccuped a sob. " — you will always be my top priority."

     The wind stilled around them, a sort of static buzzing in the air as the grass rustled to wake. The trees stood unmoving and rigid on the ground, yet a howling noise resembling an upcoming storm thundered throughout the Forbidden Forest.

     Draco held his breath, his eyes widening as Catherine's skin started to glow a luminescent sort of gold. Her eyes were shut, her arms wounded around Tessa as she held her daughter close to her body while she continued to speak.

     "When the world may cast you aside, you will still be my everything to me."

     The cry of a bird could be heard from the distance, closely followed by the flapping of wings whose flap grew to a crescendo that matched the echoing howl. The sky was still too dark for Draco to see anything, but in a blink of an eye — a flash of red appeared and a magnificent phoenix entered the forest.

     He recognized it as Fawkes — Tessa had told him about how Dumbledore had left it to her in his will.

     Draco didn't know if Catherine was aware of Fawkes's sudden arrival. If she did, then she showed no sign indicating so. Her body seemed to glow brighter and brighter — until it was incredibly blinding that he had to cover his eyes and squint through his fingers.

     "No evil in this world can separate you from me," Catherine's voice was the only sound that could be heard. "I gave up my life once to spare this world from a greater sin, and I will do it again just to protect you."

     Then without warning — she raised a hand up in the air as though calling for Fawkes.

     "þurhhæle!"

     And with a majestic cry, the phoenix soared across the air to where her outstretched hand was, touching it as the both of them bursted into a glorious fire of golden flames that swallowed them all whole.

     A pulse thundered greatly throughout the earth, the force so strong that it knocked Draco off his balance and sent him falling on his back. He hurried to get up on his feet, only to see that both Catherine and Fawkes were gone, and that Tessa was standing in the middle of the clearing with an ethereal glow around her body as though she'd just descended from the heavens.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

     "Tessie? Could you come down here for a second?"

"Coming, Dad!" Tessa hollered back, setting down A Tale of Two Cities on her bed before heading downstairs. "Is everything alright — Dad!" she groaned irritatedly when she found every single appliance in the kitchen gift wrapped.

Her father and Sirius stood leaning against the dinner table, similar mischievous grins plastered on their faces with their arms crossed. "Happy Birthday!" they exclaimed in unison.

     "Have fun finding which one is your present," James said with a gleeful cackle.

     Tessa sighed wearily, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This is exactly why neither of you two were in Ravenclaw." She pulled her wand out from pocket and said, "Accio birthday gift." A small box beside the wrapped refrigerator came soaring across the air and into her awaiting hand.

     "But — !" James exclaimed, his mouth hanging open.

     "That's unfair," Sirius objected with a stare of disbelief, glancing over at his best friend. "Your daughter's a cheater."

     "Work smart," Tessa quipped with a cheerful grin. "Not hard."

     James beamed, extending a palm out to her. "That's my girl!"

     Tessa reached up to high-five her father just as someone strode inside the kitchen with a bowl of cereal in one hand and a piece of toast wedged between his teeth.

     "Really, James?" Kasimir said, taking in the kitchen bedazzled in lavender and silver gift wrappings. He cried out in protest when Tessa tore half of his toast, glaring at his niece and lifting his bowl of cereal away from her just in case.

     "It was Sirius's idea," James said at once, pointing over at his best friend who made a strangled noise at the back of his throat.

     "It definitely was all James," he retaliated with a huff. "I would've come up with a much cleverer idea."

     "Like?" Tessa, Kasi, and James all asked in unison.

     Sirius opened his mouth to respond, but nothing came out. They all snickered at him as he rolled his eyes and waved them off playfully.

     The sound of the doorbell echoed throughout the house. "I'll get it," Tessa piped up, setting down her present on the table before making her way to the front door.

     "She still doesn't know, does she?" Sirius asked quietly when Tessa disappeared from the kitchen.

     A pained look flashed across James's face, agony laced in his voice as he whispered, "No."

     "We have to tell her soon, James," Kasi told him gently, sitting across him on the dining table. "It's not fair to keep her here any longer — she's not supposed to be dead yet."

     "I know," James's voice cracked as a breathy sob left him. He reached up to grip his hair in his hands, his shoulders shaking as he shut his eyes. "I just . . . I'm going to miss her so much. She's my baby, and I — I don't know how I can let her go again."

     Sirius slung an arm around his best friend, holding him comfortingly. "She's an incredible kid, Prongs. Trust me, I know. As reckless as you are, and as brave as Cat." He smiled at James. "And she's as loyal as you are, and as protective as her mother."

     James exhaled, feeling his shoulders weigh down on him as he nodded. "Okay, I'll tell her."

     Kasi's lips twisted upward as he thumped James on the back encouragingly.

     "Look who made it to my birthday!" came Tessa's voice as she entered the kitchen again with a familiar man right behind her.

     Tessa didn't understand the way their grins disappeared from their faces upon seeing who it was. She didn't quite get the way Kasi dropped his spoon, the way Sirius stood up and sent his chair scraping against the floor, and the anguish expression that crossed James's features.

     "Moony?" Sirius whispered, stumbling a step forward with his gray eyes wide. "What the hell are you doing in here?"

     Remus was smiling at his best friends, looking younger and most handsome than ever as he stretched his arms open. "Well, it's nice to see you lot too," he mused sarcastically.

     Tessa was slightly confused when her father bolted out of his seat and was the first one to barrel right into Remus's arms. "Holy shit, you're really here," James said with a laugh as though he'd gone insane.

     "I miss you too, Prongs," Remus mumbled, embracing his best friend. "And you too, Sirius," he added when Sirius joined the hug. When they pulled away, he glanced over to where Kasimir stood rooted to his spot. "Kasi," Remus said with a grin, approaching him as they shared a hug as well.

     "Remus," Kasi breathed out, tears pooling his green eyes. "What happened?"

     "Why are you here?" Sirius added, ushering them all back to their seats.

     "I'm so lost," Tessa blurted out, sliding into a seat next to her father. "What's going on?"

     All three men looked to James who let loose an exhale. "Tessie, darling," he said gently, reaching over to take her hand in his. "There's something we need to tell you."

     And so he did. He explained everything from the start on how she had died and was no longer in the present amongst the living. He held her hand firmly when she began to cry, the memories and realization hitting her like a tidal wave as she began to understood where she was and why James, Sirius, and Kasimir were there.

     "Remus?" Tessa whispered brokenly, eyes searching the smooth and unmarred planes of his face. "Y-You too?" She whimpered when he nodded solemnly at her. "What about Tonks? And Teddy — oh, poor Teddy . . . "

     "Tonks is here as well," Remus said. "She's waiting for me somewhere else, I wanted to come here first. As for Teddy — I'm sorry. Sorry I will never know him . . . but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand. I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life."

     "I'm sure he'll understand," Tessa said assuringly, sharing a melancholic smile with him. Then she turned to her father, and fell apart when she saw the tears rimming his eyes and the desolate expression on his face.

     "Tessie," James whispered, a chuckle escaping him despite the tears. "My Tessie, you've been so brave." He tugged her into an embrace, his strong arms enveloping her as he kept her close and safe.

     "But I don't want to leave you," she cried, holding him as she felt his shoulders shake with every sob.

     "Nor do I, darling," he said, pulling her at arm's length so he could look at her face again. James smiled, tucking a stray piece of her hair behind her ear. "I see what Sirius and your uncle Kasi mean when they say you look just like me but talk just like your mother."

     Tessa's lower lip quivered. "Dad, I don't want to go back. I — I'm ready to stay here. With you," she added desperately. "I've done my job, I've loved and protected Harry, my friends, everyone. I've done everything already."

     James shook his head, speaking quietly. "Not everything." He drew her in for an embrace again. "My darling, you've yet to live. Something I've taken for granted. So will you do that for me? Will you live each day to its fullest without regrets?"

     Tessa wept harder than she'd ever did before, her tears wetting her father's shirt as she clung unto him. Until a sudden stab of pain hit her in the stomach and she pulled away with a gasp.

     Looking down, there was a ray of light shining through her as though a beam of light pierced her middle. Tessa gasped again when parts of her body began to light up and glow.

     "Hey, squirt," Kasi said, catching her attention. "You'll be okay, so don't be scared."

     Sirius grinned, sharing a glance with Remus. "We'll be right here when you come back many years from now."

     "Dad," Tessa called out, reaching for his hand. "I don't want to go."

     James gripped her hand tightly. "It's okay, Tessie. Mum's calling you now — it's time for you to go back home."

     "But I am home."

     He smiled faintly — her vision started to turn to white that made it hard for her to see them. "As long as you have us in your heart, then you're always home. Don't worry, Tessie. I promise, everything will be all right."

     James Potter's grin was the last thing she saw before the world vanished before her.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

His touch was an anchor back to the world, his kisses were her saving grace, and his words were a wake up call that her heart was truly beating again.

"I thought I'd lost you for good," Draco breathed out, forehead pressed against hers with his hands splashed against her cheeks, cupping her face. His mouth was on hers again as though making sure she was really there.

Tessa reached a hand between them to caress his cheek, brushing away the stray tear as she kissed away the other one. "I'm here," she said with a small laugh. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere again. I promise."

He drew her in against him, arms around her as Draco buried his nose in the crook of her neck. When he spoke, his lips brushed her skin. "Don't ever do that again." He pecked the crevice between her neck and shoulder.

Tessa stroked the back of his hair, eyes fluttering shut as she nodded. "I promise."

They didn't take very long in the forest, the two getting back to their feet as they hurried back to the castle. Draco explained everything along the way about what happened with her mother. She told him about what she saw — how real it felt to finally be with her father.

"Where's everyone else?" Tessa asked as soon as they arrived in the castle. The school grounds were empty, void of both Death Eaters and students. They headed inside the entrance hall, trying not to stare at the blood staining the steps.

"TESSA!" someone shouted as she felt two people barrel right into her arms. A glance at their hair made her recognize them at once.

"Where the bloody hell were you?" Ron asked worriedly, pulling back to look at her.

"You disappeared so long, we thought — " Hermione sniffed as she wiped her tear-streaked face with the back of her hands. "We thought you'd died."

Tessa pulled them in for an embrace again. "I'll explain everything later. But first — where's my brother? Where's everyone else?"

"Everyone's in the Great Hall," Ron said, leading the way as Tessa and Draco followed silently after them.

"And Harry?"

Ron and Hermione shared a glance.

"Where is he?" Tessa asked again, panic now seeping into her voice.

"We don't know," Hermione admitted. "He was with us for one minute, and the next he disappeared with the Invisibility Cloak."

Tessa sucked in a sharp breath. "I'm going to go find him — "

"No," Draco, Ron, and Hermione all said at once.

"But — "

"Voldemort gave us all an hour," Hermione explained. "After you'd incarcerated most of the Death Eaters, he called them back to retreat. And he gave us an hour to dispose our dead and treat the injured. He's waiting for Harry in the Forbidden Forest — if he doesn't show up, then the battle continues."

Tessa frowned. "He must've asked for me too, right? He still wants my blood."

Ron shook his head. "I think he thought you'd died as well. That's why you mustn't march headfirst into there."

She let loose a breath before defeatedly nodding. "Okay," she said. "I'll stay. Where are the bodies?"

"Over here," Ron said gently as they all walked further in the Great Hall.

The place was crowded with people grouped together in different parts of the room. Up at the raised platform, Madam Pomfrey was treating the injured. At the middle of the Hall lay the bodies of the dead — Fred, Remus, Tonks, Colin Creevey, Nikolai Elliott . . .

Tessa's knees buckled underneath her as she collapsed with another fresh round of tears. Draco's arms were around her at once, supporting her as they approached Sebastian who knelt beside his brother. He took several steps back, giving them space to mourn and grieve for their loss.

"Bash," she said quietly, resting a hand on his shoulder.

When Sebastian looked up, she saw the tears shining in his turquoise eyes, and he drew her in for an embrace as his body racked with sobs.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I'm so sorry."

"He wasn't supposed to come with me," Sebastian admitted, "I told him to stay and watch the others. I begged the Elders to let me go, and since they agreed I could be of use to you — they allowed me to leave. I never expected for Kol to come after me as well."

Tessa reached a hand over to rest it on Nikolai's forehead. "Thank you," she whispered, tears dropping on him. "For being so brave and selfless."

Sebastian smiled faintly. "Honestly, I'm glad he passed this way. It's a death he would've considered most honorable. He's talked about it before — dying to protect you."

Tessa blinked away the tears in her eyes. "I'm not worth dying for," she said softly.

     He patted her shoulder and said, "Nobody deserves to die, néos drakaina. But that doesn't mean you aren't worth dying for either."

     Tessa's eyes wandered over to where the Weasley family knelt over Fred's body. But before she could even say anything to them — a cold, familiar voice echoed loudly from outside of the castle.

     "Harry and Tessa Potter are dead."

     Every single person inside the Hall quieted down, all eyes swiveling to focus on Tessa who slowly rose to her feet. Anger and resentment bubbled deep in the pit of her stomach, her fists curling as she listened to what Voldemort was saying.

     "She was killed trying to protect all of you, and he was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you Harry Potter's body as proof that your hero is gone."

     Nobody dared to move — not until Professor McGonagall strode across the Great Hall to make her way outside.

     "The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman, or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

     People began to follow after McGonagall as Tessa shared a glance with Ron, Hermione, and Draco. "Let's go," she said, holding Draco's hand as they stepped out of the Hall.

     "Don't show yourself," Hermione whispered to Tessa. "Not yet — not until there's a chance for us to take him or Nagini down."

     Tessa scowled, not really liking the plan, but she nodded nonetheless and hung back to make sure she doesn't go in the front lines yet. When she finally exited the castle, she saw Death Eaters lining to face the entrance with giants ride behind them. Voldemort stood in the center of them all with Hagrid next to him, her brother hanging limp in his arms.

     A choked sob left her, and Draco had to hold onto her to keep her standing upright. "Harry's dead," Tessa whispered brokenly, "but why do I still feel like he's alive?"

     "NO!" McGonagall's scream shattered the silence, followed by Bellatrix's hysterical cackle. Ron, Hermione, and Ginny shouted for Harry, running down the steps as well.

     It took every single power and will for Tessa to keep herself standing rooted to the spot. Especially when everyone else started shouting and crying in protest.

     "SILENCE!" Voldemort thundered over them all. "It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!"

     Hagrid complied, laying Harry's body down on the grass.

     "You see? Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

     "He beat you!" Ron cried out defiantly.

     "He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds," Voldemort retaliated, "killed while trying to save himself. As for the foolish girl, she died trying to protect all of you when she could've submitted herself to — "

     Voldemort was cut off by a loud of shout as Neville bursted forth with his wand. He grunted in pain when Voldemort disarmed him with a flash of light and wave of his wand.

     "And who is this?" the Dark Lord asked with a soft laugh. "Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?"

     Bellatrix laughed gleefully. "It is Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?"

     "Ah, yes, I remember. But you are a pureblood, aren't you, my brave boy?"

     "So what if I am?" Neville said loudly.

     "You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom."

     "I'll join you when hell freezes over — Dumbledore's Army!" he shouted as everyone roared in agreement.

     "Very well," Voldemort said smoothly. "If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head," he said quietly, "be it."

     Tessa needed to act fast. As discreetly as she could, she waited for everyone to stir in surprise and shock over Voldemort before she slipped away from the crowd. After making sure nobody saw her leave, she turned and ran back inside the castle to find for help.

     At the wave of Voldemort's wand, something shattered through a window high above as it soared toward his hand. He shook it open, revealing the Sorting Hat.

     "There will be no more Sorting at Hogwarts School," he said. "There will be no more Houses. The emblem, shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won't they, Neville Longbottom?"

     And with another point of his wand, Neville's body stiffened as the hat was forced onto his head.

     "Neville here is now going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me."

     He flicked his wand, and the Sorting Hat bursted into flames with Neville unable to move. Screams pierced through the air, panic rising amongst the crowd as they didn't know what to do.

     But before anyone else could do anything — the sound of hundreds of shouts echoed from outside the castle grounds. And when they all looked over, there came hundreds of centaurs thundering across the castle with bows and arrows in their hands.

     "HAGGER!" Grawp yelled, running toward them.

     "What the fuck?" Draco blurted out, glancing around him when he realized Tessa was no longer anywhere near him.

     "Is that Tessa?" a boy shouted, pointing toward Grawp.

     "It is!" a girl responded back.

     Draco was staring dumbfounded for a few seconds. "How the hell did she get there so fast — ?"

     Voldemort swiveled around from where he stood, and true enough — Tessa Potter was hanging onto Grawp as she stood on his shoulder while he charged.

     Right before the giants attacked, Grawp set her down onto one of the centaur's back. "NEVILLE, NOW!" Tessa shouted across the distance just as he broke free from Voldemort's curse. The hat fell off him just as he pulled out the Sword of Gryffindor. And with a mighty swing of its blade, Neville Longbottom beheaded Nagini.

     Tessa swung herself off the centaur, thanking him swiftly before she joined the battle that commenced.

     "HARRY!" Hagrid was shouting. "HARRY — WHERE'S HARRY?"

     Buckbeak had arrived in the scene along with thestrals that scratched and tore the eyes off of Voldemort's giants as Grawp pummeled them to the ground.

     Tessa fought her way forward until she was running up the steps of the castle in search for Voldemort. Just then, the door behind her smashed open as every single house-elf of Hogwarts joined the fight. Leading them all was Kreacher with Regulus Black's locket around his neck. "Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of house-elves! Fight the Dark Lord, in the name of brave Regulus! Fight!"

     Voldemort was there in the middle of the dueling crowd, fighting McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley altogether. Bellatrix was nearby as well battling Hermione, Ginny, and Luna. When Bellatrix casted a Killing Curse that missed Ginny by an inch, Tessa was about to go over to help them, but someone else had entered the scene.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Molly Weasley stormed toward Bellatrix who cackled in delight upon seeing her new opponent.

"OUT OF MY WAY!" Molly shouted to Ginny, Hermione, and Luna before she began to send jets of light out of her wand toward Bellatrix. "No!" Molly cried out when a few students tried to help her. "Get back! Get back! She is mine!"

     "What will happen to your children when I've killed you?" Bellatrix crooned. "When Mummy's gone the same way as Freddie?"

     "You — will — never — touch — our — children — again!"

     Bellatrix's biggest mistake was laughing in the middle of their duel, her distraction causing Molly to send a curse hitting directly into her chest over her heart. Bellatrix froze, tottering over her feet before she crumpled to the floor and Voldemort shouted in fury. His anger sent McGonagall, Kingsley, and Slughorn soaring backward into the air as he spun to point his wand at Molly.

"PROTEGO!" Harry roared, sending a Shield Charm flaring around the half of the Hall just as Tessa ran in front of Molly with her arms outstretched protectively. Voldemort's curse hit Tessa square in the chest, but her mother's dying spell must've served as one last protection because it deflected off of her. Instead, her body glowed in an ethereal manner as a silhouette of a Phoenix appeared like mist interwoven around her.

Cheers and screams boomed across every side of the hall as they stared at the two siblings who appeared.

Voldemort hissed lividly. "Tessa Potter," he started, "come over to my side, and I'll spare the people you love."

"Oh, piss off," Tessa snapped.

"Tessa?" Harry breathed out, going over to stand directly behind his sister.

She brought her hands back down to her side, throwing him a glance over her shoulder. "Hello, brother."

Harry seemed as though he would cry any second. "You're alive," he whispered, relief clear in his voice. He cleared his throat before saying loudly to everyone in the Great Hall, "I don't want anyone else to try to help. It's got to be like this. It's got to be me."

"Potter doesn't mean that," Voldemort said. "That isn't how he works, is it? Who are you going to use as a shield today, Potter? Your sister again?"

"No," Harry said simply, walking over to stand beside his sister. "There are no more Horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good . . ."

"One of us? You think it will be you, do you, the boy who has survived by accident, and because Dumbledore was pulling the strings?"

"Accident, was it, when my mother died to save me? Accident, when Catherine Valentine gave up her life twice to save not only Tessa, but the world from a dangerous magic? Accident, when I decided to fight in that graveyard? Accident, that I didn't defend myself tonight, and still survived, and returned to fight again?"

"Accidents!" Voldemort screamed. "Accident and chance and the fact that you crouched and sniveled behind the skirts of greater men and women, and permitted me to kill them for you!"

"You won't be killing anyone else tonight," Tessa intervened. "You won't be able to kill any of them ever again. You've hurt my people — Ab Herede Tanwen — and they live in fear because of you."

     "Don't you get it?" Harry added. "Tessa died trying to stop you, I was ready to die to stop you from hurting these people —"

     "But you did not!" Voldemort roared.

     "— I meant to, and that's what did it. I've done what my mother did. They're protected from you. Haven't you noticed how none of the spells you put on them are binding? You can't torture them. You can't touch them. You don't learn from your mistakes, Riddle, do you?"

     "You dare —"

     "Yes, I dare," Harry said bravely. "I know things you don't know, Tom Riddle. I know lots of important things that you don't. Want to hear some, before you make another big mistake?"

     Tessa smirked coldly. "Yes, Harry — do share with us."

     Voldemort sneered. "Is it love again? Dumbledore's favorite solution, love, which he claimed conquered death, though love did not stop him falling from the tower and breaking like an old waxwork? Love, which did not prevent me stamping out your Mudblood mother like a cockroach, Potter — and nobody except your sister seems to love you enough to run forward this time and take my curse. So what will stop you dying now when I strike?"

     "Just one thing," Harry said.

     Voldemort began to laugh. "You think you know more magic than I do? Than I, than Lord Voldemort, who has performed magic that Dumbledore himself never dreamed of?"

     Harry snorted. "I may not know more magic than you, but my sister definitely does."

As though attempting to mock Voldemort, the phoenix that misted in the air around Tessa surged higher opened its mouth to a silent cry.

"And Dumbledore? Oh, he dreamed of it, but he knew more than you, knew enough not to do what you've done."

     "You mean he was weak! Too weak to dare, too weak to take what might have been his, what will be mine!"

     "No, he was cleverer than you, a better wizard, a better man."

     "I brought about the death of Albus Dumbledore!"

     "You thought you did, but you were wrong."

     Tessa paused for a moment as she glanced at Harry. Apparently, she wasn't the only one surprised because everyone else in the Great Hall stirred at that.

     "Dumbledore is dead!" Voldemort exclaimed. "His body decays in the marble tomb in the grounds of this castle, I have seen it, Potter, and he will not return!"

     "Yes, Dumbledore's dead," Harry said calmly, "but you didn't have him killed. He chose his own manner of dying, chose it months before he died, arranged the whole thing with the man you thought was your servant."

     Tessa blinked. "Harry, what are you talking about?" she whispered.

     "What childish dream is this?" Voldemort scoffed.

     "Severus Snape wasn't yours," Harry went on as Tessa staggered from where she stood. "Snape was Dumbledore's, Dumbledore's from the moment you started hunting down my mother. And you never realized it, because of the thing you can't understand. You never saw Snape cast a Patronus, did you, Riddle?"

     Tessa felt weak in the knees at the revelation.

     "Snape's Patronus was a doe, the same as my mother's, because he loved her for nearly all of his life, from the time when they were children. You should have realized, he asked you to spare her life, didn't he?"

     "He desired her, that was all," Voldemort retaliated, "but when she had gone, he agreed that there were other women, and of purer blood, worthier of him —"

     "Of course he told you that, but he was Dumbledore's spy from the moment you threatened her, and he's been working against you ever since! Dumbledore was already dying when Snape finished him!"

     "It matters not!" Voldemort interrupted. "It matters not whether Snape was mine or Dumbledore's, or what petty obstacles they tried to put in my path! I crushed them as I crushed your mother, Snape's supposed great love! Oh, but it all makes sense, Potter, and in ways that you do not understand!

     "Dumbledore was trying to keep the Elder Wand from me! He intended that Snape should be the true master of the wand! But I got there ahead of you, little boy — I reached the wand before you could get your hands on it, I understood the truth before you caught up. I killed Severus Snape three hours ago, and the Elder Wand, the Deathstick, the Wand of Destiny is truly mine! Dumbledore's last plan went wrong, Harry Potter!"

     "Yeah, it did," Harry admitted. "You're right. But before you try to kill me, I'd advise you to think about what you've done . . . Think, and try for some remorse, Riddle . . ."

     "What is this?"

     "It's your one last chance, it's all you've got left. I've seen what you'll be otherwise. Be a man — try. Try for some remorse."

     Voldemort's nostrils flared. "You dare — ?"

     "Yes, I dare," Harry said again, "because Dumbledore's last plan hasn't backfired on me at all. It's backfired on you, Riddle."

Voldemort's hold on the Elder Wand trembled as he glared at Harry.

"That wand still isn't working properly for you because you murdered the wrong person," Harry said. "Severus Snape was never the true master of the Elder Wand. He never defeated Dumbledore."

"He killed —"

"Aren't you listening?" Harry interrupted savagely. "Snape never beat Dumbledore! Dumbledore's death was planned between them! Dumbledore intended to die undefeated, the wand's last true master! If all had gone as planned, the wand's power would have died with him, because it had never been won from him!"

"But then, Potter, Dumbledore as good as gave me the wand! I stole the wand from its last master's tomb! I removed it against its last master's wishes! Its power is mine!"

"You still don't get it, Riddle, do you? Possessing the wand isn't enough! Holding it, using it, doesn't make it really yours. Didn't you listen to Ollivander? The wand chooses the wizard. The Elder Wand recognized a new master before Dumbledore died, someone who never even laid a hand on it. The new master removed the wand from Dumbledore against his will, never realizing exactly what he had done, or that the world's most dangerous wand had given him its allegiance."

Tessa's face shifted as realization dawned on her, glancing at the side to lock eyes with her mate as she said, "The true master of the Elder Wand was Draco Malfoy." From the distance, she saw the relevantly surprised expression plastered on his face at that.

A moment of shock flashed across Voldemort's snakelike features before disappearing. "But what does it matter? Even if you are right, Potter, it makes no difference to you and me. You no longer have the phoenix wand: We duel on skill alone . . . and after I have killed you, I can attend to Draco Malfoy — "

"But you're too late," Harry cut in. "You've missed your chance. I got there first. I overpowered Draco weeks ago. I took this wand from him." He held up Draco's hawthorn wand. "So it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Does the wand in your hand know its last master was Disarmed? Because if it does . . . I am the true master of the Elder Wand."

The enchanted ceiling above them changed skies from the stars and the moon to a rising dawn as gold and red spilled light over them all. At that precise moment, Voldemort thrusted his wand forward as Harry yanked Tessa behind him with his own wand facing out.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

Everything happened too fast — the explosive bang echoed throughout the Great Hall as the Elder Wand slipped out of Voldemort's hand. It spun upward into the air, refusing to kill Harry, its true master. At that very same time, Tessa summoned every single bit of the magic that resided in her — Cecily's magic, Merlin's blood, her mother's protection, and Fawkes's flames.

And with a powerful cry, she knelt on the ground and slammed her fists against the floor as the force shattered the earth. The tiled floor cracked as flames of gold bursted forth toward Voldemort — every single fiber of her magic draining out of Tessa.

It was like watching everything in slow motion as Voldemort's body fell backwards, arms wide open as the life left his scarlet eyes. And as his body hit the floor — Tom Riddle was dead.

For a second — nobody moved, spoke, or breathed as Tessa knelt with her hands curled to fists on the ground with Harry standing right next to her with the Elder Wand in his hand.

And then the entire Great Hall exploded in a cacophony of roads and cheers. Ron and Hermione were the first ones there — arms around both Harry and Tessa as they crushed each other in an embrace. It was a whirl of people, every single one of them coming over to hug them, shake their hand, touch their shoulder — thanking the Boy Who Lived and the Girl Who Protected.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

An hour passed, and after having a word with everyone and moving Voldemort's body away into a chamber — Tessa finally had time to herself.

"It's over," Draco whispered, leaning over to tiredly press his lips atop her head. "It's finally over."

They were currently sitting outside of the entrance steps and watching the morning sun. Her head was on his shoulder, fingers entwined as they held onto each other.

"I love you," Tessa said, leaning forward to kiss his jaw, feeling him draw her in closer. "I love you so much."

"From today until the end," he added, hooking their pinkies together as he smiled gently and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Your mother would be so proud of you. She loves you so much, Braveheart."

Silver lined her eyes as she blinked the tears away. "I know," she whispered, resting her head on his shoulder again. Her mother's ring gleamed faintly on her finger as sunlight struck. "I know."

"Tessa?" someone called out to her from the back. The pair looked behind her to see Ron and Hermione, and with a shift in the air — Harry's head poked out of the Invisibility Cloak.

"Can you come with us for a minute?"

Draco nodded to urge Tessa over, giving her a chaste kiss on the lips as he watched her approach her best friends.

Tessa followed after them up the stairs and through the corridors, hearing Peeves singing somewhere in the distance.

"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" Ron said as he opened the door for them all to walk through.

As they had their privacy and silence, Harry told them everything what he'd seen in the Pensieve, what he'd gone through in the forest, all the way until their arrival back to the castle where Voldemort declared him dead. In return, Tessa also narrated everything that had happened and what she'd seen when she'd died.

"So that last act you did toward Voldemort," Ron started.

"Your powers are gone now?" Hermione finished.

Tessa nodded. "I won't be able to open doors anymore, and I won't be immune to fire as well. I'll be an ordinary witch again."

"What about your dragon?" Harry asked.

She smiled faintly. "I can't still feel him somewhere deep within. It's not as strong as it used to be anymore, but perhaps he's like my guardian angel."

The Golden Quartet walked over to the headmaster's office, climbing up the spiral stone staircase. Upon reaching the top, a round of smashing applause greeted them as the headmasters and headmistresses on the portraits all clapped and cheered for Harry and Tessa.

Harry led the way to the portrait of Dumbledore — the headmaster silently crying as he smiled proudly at them. "The thing that was hidden in the Snitch," Harry began, "I dropped it in the forest. I don't know exactly where, but I'm not going to go looking for it again. Do you agree?"

"My dear boy, I do," Dumbledore said. "A wise and courageous decision, but no less than I would have expected of you. Does anyone else know where it fell?"

"No one. I'm going to keep Ignotus's present, though."

"But of course, Harry, it is yours forever, until you pass it on!"

"And then there's this." Harry held up the Elder Wand. "I don't want it."

"What?" Ron said loudly. "Are you mental?"

"I know it's powerful. But I was happier with mine. So . . ." He pulled out his old wand that was still in half, held together by a thin thread of phoenix feather. With the Elder Wand pointed at it, he said, "Reparo."

His wand resealed at once as red sparks flew out.

"I'm putting the Elder Wand back where it came from. It can stay there. If I die a natural death like Ignotus, its power will be broken, won't it? The previous master will never have been defeated. That'll be the end of it."

Dumbledore nodded.

"Professor," Tessa spoke up as Harry moved aside for her to approach the headmaster.

"My dear girl," Dumbledore said, eyes shining affectionately.

"Thank you for Fawkes," she started, trying to hold in her tears. "He and my mother saved me today. I'll never be able to thank you enough for that. And I'm sorry for what happened in the past — it was never my intention to — "

"Tessa," he cut in, his voice warm and consoling. "What's past is past, do not let it trouble your present. I forgive you," he said with a smile. "You have made me and your parents extremely proud of you."

Tessa sniffed, wiping her eyes as she nodded at Dumbledore.

"Are you sure?" Ron asked Harry as they made their way out of the office.

"I think Harry's right," Hermione said quietly.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth," Harry said. "And quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

Tessa grinned, slinging an arm around her brother. "You and me both."

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

NINETEEN YEARS LATER
SEPTEMBER 2017

"Dad, Daisie ate the last piece of toast again!"

"It's only fair when you drank the last of the milk, Scorpius! And stop tattling to Dad!"

"Kids, can you please get along and finish your breakfast? We have to be in the station in five minutes."

"OW! Dad — Daisie stole my waffle!"

"Dad, he's lying!"

"MUMMY!"

"MUMMY!"

Draco groaned and banged his head on the table. "Braveheart, can you please get in here," he called out miserably as he flicked his wand and sent all the plates to the sink.

The sound of heels clicking against the floor could be heard as Tessa Malfoy entered the dining room. "Theodasia Sydney Philomena Malfoy," she chided, clicking her tongue as she shook her head disapprovingly at her daughter. "You know better than to eat your brother's food. Go get your jumper or we'll be late."

Daisie pouted and blew a raspberry at Scorpius before dashing up the stairs.

"Have you got your things packed?" Tessa asked her firstborn who nodded eagerly. "Good," she said, pecking the top of his head. "Go and double check before we leave."

"Yes, Mum," Scorpius said obediently before hurrying up the stairs as well.

"Those two are the death of me," Draco mumbled affectionately, relishing the moment of peace and silence. "Imagine what it's like when you're at work."

Tessa giggled and hummed, "That's only because you're such a mother hen, they can't help but to poke fun of you, love."

Draco sighed warily, scrubbing a hand across his face as he watched Tessa struggle to clasp the necklace on her. A slight smirk tugged on his lips as he rose to his feet, approaching her from behind. "Need a hand?" he purred, his voice never failing to send chills down her spine.

She glanced up at him from over her shoulder, biting her lip as she mused, "Why, thank you, Mr. Malfoy." She let him take the two ends of the necklace while she brushed her hair over her shoulder.

Draco clasped it for her, purposely brushing his finger along her back as he leaned over to press his lips on her neck when —

"We're ready!" Daisie exclaimed, two pairs of footsteps echoing down the stairs.

The two lovestruck adults pulled away from each other as though nothing happened as Tessa picked up her purse on the counter.

"All right, let's go!" Draco said, grabbing the keys as he helped Scorpius load his trunk into the car.

"Do you see them anywhere?" Daisie asked curiously as the four Malfoys arrived in the platform, searching through the mist for the rest of the family.

"Oh, over there!" Tessa waved at her brother, Ginny, Lily, and Albus. "Sorry we're late!"

"It's all right," Ginny said, sharing a hug with Tessa as Harry and Draco shook hands by way of greeting.

"Did he cry yet?" Harry asked when he hugged Tessa, nodding toward Draco who rolled his eyes.

Scorpius grinned at his father. "Dad, will you cry when I leave?"

"Of course he will," came another familiar voice as Ron entered the scene with Hermione, Rose, and Hugo.

"Hi," Albus and Daisie greeted the newcomers.

"Parked all right, then?" Ron asked Harry. "I did. Hermione didn't believe I could pass a Muggle driving test, did you? She thought I'd have to Confund the examiner."

"No, I didn't," Hermione protested, "I had complete faith in you."

"As a matter of fact, I did Confund him," Ron whispered to Harry and Tessa. "I only forgot to look in the wing mirror, and let's face it, I can use a Supersensory Charm for that."

Tessa snorted at that before she and Draco helped Scorpius's trunk up into the train. When they returned, the four of them found Lily and Hugo discussing about which House they'd be sorted into.

"If you're not in Gryffindor, we'll disinherit you," Ron said, "but no pressure."

"RON!" Hermione cried out exasperatedly.

"He doesn't mean it," Ginny said to Rose and Albus who seemed appalled at what Ron said.

"OW!" Daisie suddenly exclaimed, and Tessa whipped around to find Lorcan Scamander, one of Luna's twin sons, mischievously grinning at her. "You again!"

"Leave her alone, Lorcan," Scorpius muttered.

Lorcan laughed. "Hey, Daisie. Are you excited to go to Hogwarts in two years? You'll get to see me more often."

Daisie stuck her tongue out. "Why would I want to see you when you pick on me a lot?" She harrumphed and turned away.

Tessa shared a knowing glance with Draco at that, the two trying not to laugh at how her daughter dealt with Lorcan until a familiar boy with brown hair walked toward them. "Hello, Damian!" Tessa called out and gave the young boy a hug. "Where's your parents?"

"They're parking the car," he replied happily. "Dad was so excited, he kept speeding on the way here that Mum forced him to pull over and swap."

Draco snorted. "Of course Theo would be ecstatic about this."

"Hey, Damian," Scorpius greeted, briefly hugging the boy as they shared a complicated handshake only the two of them know of.

"All right, Daisie?" Damian politely greeted the girl who blushed madly and smiled widely up at him.

Lorcan coughed pointedly from behind them.

"Oh, hey, Lorcan!"

"Nott," Lorcan merely said, giving Daisie a look just to tease her.

"Hey!" a voice called out as James appeared with wide eyes. "Teddy's back there. Just seen him! And guess what he's doing? Snogging Victoire!"

Harry, Tessa, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Draco all glanced at each other with so much as a shrug.

James was disappointed at their lack of reaction. "Our Teddy! Teddy Lupin! Snogging our Victoire! Our cousin! And I asked Teddy what he was doing —"

"You interrupted them?" Ginny cut in. "You are so like Ron —"

"— and he said he'd come to see her off! And then he told me to go away. He's snogging her!" James added.

"Oh, it would be lovely if they got married!" Lily said ecstatically. "Teddy would really be part of the family then!"

"He already comes round for dinner about four times a week," Harry said. "Why don't we just invite him to live with us and have done with it?"

Draco snorted and said to Tessa, "That sounds like Theo."

"Yeah!" James said enthusiastically. "I don't mind sharing with Al — Teddy could have my room!"

"No," Harry said, "you and Al will share a room only when I want the house demolished." He glanced down at Fabian Prewett's old watch. "It's nearly eleven, you'd better get on board."

"Don't forget to give Neville our love!" Ginny told James.

"Mum! I can't give a professor love!"

"But you know Neville —"

James rolled his eyes. "Outside, yeah, but at school he's Professor Longbottom, isn't he? I can't walk into Herbology and give him love."

Harry clicked his tongue. "You sound just like your aunt Tessa. What ever will I do with you?"

James and Tessa shared a pair of similar mischievous grins.

Tessa leaned over to draw Scorpius in for an embrace. "I love you so much," she said. "No matter what House you get in, I'll be proud of you."

Draco nodded and coughed as he said under his breath, "Slytherin."

Tessa flicked his forehead. "Ignore your father. You can choose Slytherin or Gryffindor or Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff — all four Houses are equally incredible."

Scorpius grinned at his mother, hugging her again. "I'm going to miss you." He wrapped his arms around his father. "You too, Dad."

"I'll write to you every week, okay?" Tessa said. "Don't hesitate to write to us whenever you want to. I'm never too busy with work to respond, and your father and Daisie are at home as well whenever you need to talk with them."

Scorpius nodded and turned to Daisie. "Don't cry," he said comfortingly and giving her a hug as well. "I'll come visit you on Christmas."

Daisie sniffed, her jade green eyes shining with tears. "You promise?"

Scorpius chuckled, ruffling her porcelain white hair they both inherited from Draco. "I promise."

"And sweets from the Hogwarts dessert table after dinner?"

"That too," Scorpius said as his sister beamed.

James mock saluted his brother. "See you later, Al. Watch out for the thestrals."

Albus cried out, "I thought they were invisible? You said they were invisible!"

James just laughed as Ginny kissed his cheek and Harry hugged him before he and Damian Nott hopped onto the train to find their friends. Scorpius followed along after him to find for an empty compartment.

"Thestrals are nothing to worry about," Harry told Albus. "They're gentle things, there's nothing scary about them. Anyway, you won't be going up to school in the carriages, you'll be going in the boats."

Ginny kissed Albus good-bye. "See you at Christmas."

"Bye, Al," Harry said. "Don't forget Hagrid's invited you and Scorpius to tea next Friday. Don't mess with Peeves. Don't duel anyone till you've learned how. And don't let James wind you up."

Tessa smiled as she leaned over to pat Albus's head. "You remind me of your father when we both first went to Hogwarts."

Albus stared up at the two of them and whispered, "What if I'm in Slytherin?"

"Albus Severus," Harry said quietly, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

"But just say —"

"— then Slytherin House will have gained an excellent student, won't it? It doesn't matter to us, Al. But if it matters to you, you'll be able to choose Gryffindor over Slytherin. The Sorting Hat takes your choice into account."

Albus's face lit up. "Really?"

"It did for me," Harry said just as Albus hurried inside the carriage before it departed.

With the adults all standing together, several people on the train and on the platform kept glancing at Harry and Tessa.

"Why are they all staring?" Albus demanded as he and Rose peered out of the window.

"Don't let it worry you," Ron said. "It's me. I'm extremely famous."

They all laughed at that as the train began to move. Scorpius joined their compartment, waving over at his parents who did so back at him. Tessa waved farewell to her son all the way until the train completely left, and she allowed her head to rest on Draco's shoulder.

"He'll be just fine," Draco said comfortingly, pressing a kiss on Tessa's forehead.

"I know," Tessa said, entwining their fingers as she glanced over at Harry who smiled back at her. Nineteen years had passed amongst them, and they'd all stayed safe and sound without Harry's scar hurting.

Harry reached over the distance to take his sister's hand in his. They didn't need to speak for them to know what was on their mind — the same thing they'd repeated over and over again.

We'll be okay.

-the end-

A/N

It's finally over, and I'm actually crying bc I have to say goodbye to Tessa and her adventures:") I'm so sad it's like parting with a child going to college

I don't know how many times I cried writing this chapter, I'll really miss writing about Tessa and this storyline!!!

Thank you so much everyone for supporting Tessa, Catherine, and me throughout this story. I wouldn't have been able to push through writing were it not for you. Each and every single one of you mean the world to me.

Now that the story has ended, there will be 3 special/bonus chapters, 1 canon chapter, and a chapter of the winner of the epilogue submission! So stay tuned to that, and don't miss out on it! You guys will truly like what's there to come!

And Theo's wife wasn't mentioned in here purposely, because I didn't reveal yet who his love interest is. His spin-off book will include Philip as a supporting character, so you'll find out as well what happened with him in there!

I hope you lot enjoyed this finale chapter, thank you so much for reading! Please don't forget to vote, comment, and enjoy!

Love,
Fhreya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 41.2K 33
*COMPLETE* CRAZY and COMPLICATED. That's what Hermione's life becomes when, after a heated argument with the Slytherins, Ron impulsively bets away H...
414K 14.7K 200
❝𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐨...
46.3K 1.2K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
701K 24.9K 72
"Must be tough, everyone loves you, don't they? So goddamn perfect. They don't see it but I do, Potter. I can see straight through you." "And what do...