pet shop ✰ kagehina

By m-otionless

tobio kageyama meets a boy named shōyō hinata during the summer in a little pet shop. More

the first time
he closed his eyes
the sun set on him
he saw darkness
he now knew loneliness
it took time
he began to learn
he began to really feel it
his world was changing
he dove in headfirst
it only took a second
it was hard
slowly, he got better
the time became right
he'd waited so long
he never expected
his life would begin
as the clock spun
shōyō became everything
and with this change of ways
he finally found happiness.
epilogue but make it an authors note

time became everything

3.7K 234 55
By m-otionless

with every passing second of the night.

shōyō had pulled tobio all the way to the volleyball gym in a hurried rush, looking back every so often to giggle lightly. his cheeks were glowing red in the cold, his breath puffing out in big warm clouds in front of his face; tobio thought no sight was more deserving of being beheld.

"why are we here, shō?"

"did you really wanna go to the dance?"

"only for you."

"well," shōyō smiled cheekily, "i decided i don't want to anymore."

tobio laughed.

"what's so funny?"

"you're just so impulsive," tobio spoke lightly, "it's like you just live by playing everything by ear."

"it's fun, isn't it?"

tobio stared at those eyes- so bright, so full of life, so ambitious and daring and everything he hadn't been able to be himself for his whole life, and he nodded in agreement.

"i don't think we're gonna have fun, so why go? we can have fun by ourselves."

"you're such a weirdo."

the two opened the doors to the gym and turned on the lights, taking a deep breath and releasing all the inhibitions locked up in their chests- they were safe now. safer than they felt before.

"do you wanna play?"

"i'm in a suit, shō."

shōyō giggled with a, "so what?"

so they played.

the dance let out and they were still playing, still setting, still spiking, occasionally making out to break the monotony.

they played until they had no more game in them, and then they walked back to tobio's house for the night.

"you know, you didn't have to go to the dance if you didn't want to." tobio said to the boy as he lay next to him in tobio's bed, his orange mess a cushion on the taller boy's chest.

"i wanted to be brave for you."

silence.

"i think you're the bravest boy in the world."

"you do?"

"i do."

tobio kissed his head, and shōyō felt the bubble growing, begging to burst, begging to pop right in the air between them...

so he popped it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 38.6K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
33.3K 2.4K 31
Sunoo: I aimed my whole life to get a revenge on wicked Park Family and to give justice to my love ones.. but.. why things slowly got out of my way...
41K 1K 26
Tsukishma and Kageyama had been modeling ever since 6th grade. When they went to Karasuno they had to act like rivals and act like they never known e...
387K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...