Phantom Of The Dead

By Abi_Matt

"Mom doesn't drink, dad", she said. "We don't know that", he replied. "You don't. But I do", she insisted... More

A/N
The Death
The Matthew's Family
A Promise
The Funeral
The Aftermath
A New Beginning
Reverse Psychology
Wedding
Prank Gone Wrong
Grounded
The Movie
The Dream
Cousins
Double Trouble
Drink N Drive
The Call
Tragedy At School
Regrets
Kidnapped
My little girl
Finally a lead
The poor little kid
Sleepless days
Thank god
freakin' law
Danger
Two invalids
What actually happened
All set
Memories
A Date ?
Sorry, but not an update!
DATE DAY
A Tiny Accident
Memory Loss?
Sweet Dreams!
Stubborn Little Kid
In Persu Of A Dead Person
Creepy Nightmare
Spill the beans
Album
Tap Tap Tap
A bit of snooping
Spy
Trouble
Cops
New Addition
Unraveling The Truth
Baby
Little sister
Party & DNA
Painful Truth
A/N
Repairing Bonds
The Birthday
The Prank
Hatred
Confusion
Apologies
Change Of Heart
Dazzled
Once Again
Affairs
A Bottle Of Wine
Strangled
Lie
Murder... Attempt!
Waking Up
Again
A Prick
Adam
Elevator
Blondie
Not-Normal
Recordings
Amanda?
The Boot
A Look-Alike?
Adamant little kid
Meeting 'her'
And 'She' Speaks
The-That Accident
Memories Of Betrayal
Detective's
The Intention
UPDATE

Missing Mom

1.9K 65 17
By Abi_Matt

Aaron's POV

Later that day, Dad came downstairs with Abi in his arms. My sister was sleeping peacefully clinging to dad.

Dad asked me if I could get him something to drink. So, I got us both 2 bottles of ginger beer straight from the fridge.

Dad looked sort of upset and when I asked him what was bothering him, he said "your sister doesn't react to reverse psychology very well".

I had to let out a laugh when he said that. Abi is really smart, that's for sure. Hope I was that smart at her age. I always used to fall prey to his tactics.

After spending some quiet time drinking and watching the news, dad had to head to the hospital for an important meeting.

He left me with the difficult task of cooking dinner which fortunately I like. I was planning on garlic tossed fried rice with some sort of Chinese gravy.

As I was preparing food, speaking to Mitchelle, I heard Abi's cries from the living room. It made my heart do a triple somersault and Mitchelle felt the same way cause she let out a shriek.

I ran to her with my hands covered in ketchup and asked her what was wrong. My little sister didn't say a word but hugged me really tight with her eyes squeezed shut.

She always will.

I wanted to hug her back but I couldn't because of the mess I would make with the ketchup but after 3 minutes of her squeezing my torso, I hugged her back.

It left nasty red stains on her tye-dyed t-shirt but I didn't care. After holding her like a piece of china glass for about 5 minutes, she finally removed her arms from the tight grip she had on me.

She was a sobbing mess and couldn't even speak properly but I finally figured out that she had a bad dream about mom. Even I had those crazy dreams. They are so bad but she's gone and she's never gonna come back.

Ohh...

I wiped the tear and snot off her face with a handkerchief and then carried her to the kitchen and placed her on the counter. Thankfully she didn't complain about the ketchup even though she noticed it and gave it a dirty stare.

I had to make dinner cause I am not very keen on ordering food from outside. I am a health freak. I like to stay fit and handsome.

I thought she would wanna talk but instead, she logged into Amazon prime and settled to watch her favorite show "Just Add Magic". It's about a magical cookbook and how 3 friends find it and they use it to uncurse one of the girl's grandmother.

That thing is for little kids. I have no idea why she likes it. Anyway, she finished almost 3 episodes by the time I finished cooking.

I grabbed the IPad from her and set it aside cause one and a half hours of screen time is enough for a day. She pouted and said some incoherent words but I let it go with a glare.

After a second of glaring at me, she said "I wanna talk to you, Aaron". It came out more like a squeak and less like a human sound.

I'll listen to my little sister any day and every day so I questioningly asked: "about what sweety".

She took a deep deep breath and said "I miss mom, Aaron. I miss her a lot. I can't even sleep without thinking about her the entire night. I can't take it anymore. I just want mommy back"

She then started crying again and started crying harder when I wrapped my arms around her in a soothing manner. The little girl was so broken and shook from mom's death.

You call that broken?

Well sadly, I can't bring her back to life but I do miss her a lot. I grabbed her chin, lightly and made her look into my eyes. I slowly with so much grief said "I know Abi, I miss her a lot too but there's nothing we can do about it. I would do anything to get her back but I can't. I promise I'll be a big brother and mom figure to you. I'll protect and comfort you and also, sometimes get mad at you but I'll always love you and I'll be with you forever"

Abigail was deep in thought for about a minute before saying "butyournottheonewholiveswithastrictbrotherandfather"

I swear I didn't understand what she said and after asking her "what was that" she said "I said that, you are not the one who lives with a strict father and brother"

Ohh.. so that's the problem. Well, unfortunately, I still live with a strict father so just to let Abi know that I said "that's what was bothering you. Huh? Well little sis, I still live with a strict father and I also got spanked a week ago"

Which was true, I drunk drove and slammed the car into the garage door earlier. Abi didn't, thankfully, know about it because it was so late at night. Dad didn't even bother lecturing me, he just went on with the action and handed me my ass on a golden plate.

But unfortunately, Abi was not gonna leave the topic of her elder brother getting spanked. She got excited and started throwing out questions like "what" "when" "how come I don't know about it" "did daddy spank you" "were you grounded" ladi dadi da...

I shushed her up and said I messed up but definitely was not grounded. What am I? A five-year-old? Or a bratty little kid? Definitely not.

Abi gave me a sly smile but suddenly it faded away. She then asked "uhh...why did mom have to die" and then tears started flowing. Again.

As I carried her and placed her on my lap, I tied her messy hair into a ponytail and said " I don't know sweety, but  See you have me and dad here. We are gonna be with you for the rest of your life. Even when you think we are a huge annoyance"

She immediately said "Stop lying Aaron. You don't even love me anymore" she said with so much anger and was literally fuming. Although she looked adorable with those cute rosy pink cheeks.

But, not love her anymore. Seriously? I love her to death. So does dad. I would literally die if anything happened to her. Why does she think that we don't love her?

I was gonna get to the bottom of this whole thing. I asked a bit annoyed "why do you think that".

She looked at me as if I was an alien and said" Aaron, don't act like you don't know anything. I know that you and dad blame me for Mom's death"

What the fuck? I was getting angrier by the second but I did my best controlling my anger and asked her "And how is that"

Without skipping a heartbeat she said  "Mom went to drop me at school when you should've gone to drop me because I got up late so... if I got up on time, she would be alive now"

I doubt that.

That's it. I lost my cool. Why the actual fuck does she think that. We never even thought of it and that's why I yelled "Abi! Stop it! It is not your fault that mom died !"

She asked, "Then whose fault is it". It is the driver's fault. That dumbass guy was the reason our mom died. Why the fuck does she think it's her fault.

I growled at her and said "It is the truck driver's fault and see no one is mad at you for what happened. We love you so much and we wouldn't even dream of blaming you and if I hear you say that again, I swear I'll pull you over my knees"

Abi let out more fat tears and said "How can't I, She left to drop me at school. If I got up on time, she wouldn't have come and...and..she would be alive"

Aww..poor kid blames herself. I wiped her tears away with my fingers and said as sweetly as possible "sweety,  Please Don't blame yourself. It was an accident"

She replied asked "so you still love me" Obviously. I said "of course we do. We wouldn't trade the world for you. You are ours and we wouldn't let anything happen to you."

Abi's tears stopped flowing a bit. She then sniffled and said "but you still hurt me and dad too. He spanks like fuc- freaking hell"

hmm.. she has a point but she isn't the best-behaved kid either. I set her down on the sofa and got her a glass of water.

After sitting beside her I said "Abi...see I and dad really don't want to spank you or hurt you but you gotta listen to us, which you don't. You should also be respectful kiddo."

She let out a snort when I said that but I still continued "Have I or dad ever punished you for something silly..or just because we felt like it?"

She said, "well, you have a point there but it still hurts."

I replied "It's supposed to hurt honey. That way, the next time you think about doing something wrong, you'll think a few times about it"

She for once agreed and we were able to sit together and finish her homework.

Later, dad came home and we all had food together. The amazing food I cooked was a huge hit and Abi literally licked the dish clean. It was a bit disgusting but... Kids are Kids, right?

For a while, yes .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857 0 6
Seventeen years ago, Skyler was born in the most dreadful way. In a puddle of blood, left for dead. But Skyler was never alone. Eight spirits are con...
474 87 23
* Usually this would be the time that Amanda would say, 'I told you so' and right now I would give anything for her to be here. Maybe she would scold...
52.7K 1.2K 11
Holly is your average highschool student. That is, until one night she is partying with her friends in the woods and they recive a little suprise. No...
162K 4.3K 20
The world turns everyday and for James his life couldn't be any worse than it is. After witnessing his father's brutal murder he is kidnapped and for...