Outside The Lines (Interracia...

By NicoleMckoy

Cecilia Atwood has lived a life of complete privilege. Her father is a night club tycoon. Her mother has alwa... More

Outside The Lines (Interracial Romance)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Sequel Is Posted

Chapter 64

988 86 18
By NicoleMckoy

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Mason P.O.V.

When I got to school I wanted to look for Madison. She and I needed to get back on the same page.

After that dinner with our parents I knew we needed to have a talk before our families got together again.

As I walked down the hall I saw Madison at her locker.

I walked up to her as I took a deep breath.

"Can we talk?" I asked as she closed her locker.

Madison turned around a bit startled and dropped her books.

I bent down and picked up her books for her.

"Don't sneak up on me like that Mason!" she scolded.

"Sorry..." I said as I handed her back her books.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"Look I'm sorry for how my dad acted the other night. He wants you and your mother to come over to our house and have another talk. He said he'd do more listening this time," I said.

"Thanks but no thanks. Your dad is a judgmental ass," Madison said.

"He didn't mean what he said," I lied.

"Yes he did Mason! He pretty much called me a hoe who needed to keep her legs closed. As if you weren't out here being active without using protection. We both made this baby not just me," Madison said.

"I know which is why you can't cut me out of our son's life," I said as I reached out and touched Madison's stomach.

I felt a kick and Madison and I both smiled.

"You know he hasn't kicked since that horrible dinner," Madison laughed.

"Because he doesn't like it when his mommy is mad at me," I said.

"Look I'll ask my mom if she wants to go over to your house but I can't make any promises," Madison said.

"Ok I can take that. But even if you both don't stop by can you at least assure me that we're good," I said.

"Yeah Mason we're good," Madison said.

"Good. How about I take you out for ice cream after school?" I asked.

"I guess I could take some ice cream," Madison smiled.

"Great it's a date," I said.

"A date Mason?" Madison said with a raised eyebrow.

"A co-parenting date," I clarified.

"Alright whatever. See you after school," Madison said.

Madison headed down the hallway as I headed to my locker. I was glad we made up. If only we could get our parents to get along then everything would be good.

Cecilia P.O.V.

"Well I was just hoping for some legal help in all this. I really didn't want things to get nasty but Evan has left me with no choice," I heard Deacon's mother say as I entered the kitchen.

My mother and Deacon's mother were sitting at the kitchen table having what seemed to be a serious talk.

"Sorry to interrupt. I was just headed out mom," I said.

"Ok. Where are you headed bean?" my mother asked.

"A support group meeting," I said.

My mother eyed me and nodded.

Since being so depressed over having HIV and having overcome all the crap I'd been through these past few months, I did some research.

I found this HIV support group. Apparently it's for those of us who either have it or know someone who has it. There are also just advocates who are apart of the group as well.

"Be safe and text me when you get there," my mother said.

"I will mom bye. Bye Mrs. Sharp," I said as I left the kitchen and headed out.

I left my house and drove down to the center where the support group meeting would be held.

The drive was about forty-five minutes.

When I got to the center I parked my car and headed inside.

I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect.

When I walked into the room the meeting would be held in I saw an open seat by this girl who looked to be around my age.

The girl looked mixed kind of like me. She had freckles and brunette hair.

I walked over and asked if I could sit down.

"Is anyone sitting here?" I asked.

The girl looked up and shook her head no.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked.

"It's a free country," she said.

I just shut my mouth and sat down.

"Sorry that was rude," she apologized.

"Yeah it was," I said.

"I've never seen you here before? Are you new?" she asked.

"Yeah it's my first time attending," I said.

"So... are you infected or do you know someone infected?" she asked.

"Are you always so blunt?" I asked.

"I find there is no other way to be with people these days. You gotta say what you mean and mean what you say or everything gets lost in translation," she said.

"I guess you're right," I said.

"So which are you?" she asked again.

I'd never said it out loud to anyone outside myself or my parents. It was nerve-racking thinking about admitting my diagnosis to a stranger.

"I'm infected," I said quietly.

"Well so am I. Welcome to the club," she said.

"How long have you had it?" I asked.

"My whole life. My mother was a prostitute junkie who gave it to me through birth," she said.

"I'm sorry... that's sad," I said.

"No what's sad is the bitch didn't know she had it until she was on her death bed... I was ten when I found out I had the disease. So for ten years I just had a bad momma but still felt normal. You know many kids have fuck ups for parents so that part was never much to get over. But knowing that woman carelessly fucked around with all kinds of men and then got pregnant with me and never got herself checked out... yeah that shit is unforgiveable," she said.

"I don't know what to say," I said.

"How about telling me your story," she said.

"Well I was raped... I got it from the guy who raped me," I said.

"Wow that's fucked up. When did it happen?" she asked.

"Not too long ago... I just recently found out I was infected and well I've been pretty depressed ever since," I said.

"Well let me tell you girl drinking or smoking your sorrows away will never help. I've tried all of it and lets just say I still wake up everyday with this shit," she said.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I just turned twenty," she said.

"Oh well I'm nineteen but I'll be twenty soon," I said.

"Cool," she said.

"So are these group meetings helpful?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"It depends on what kind of mood you're in. Some days I feel like sharing my story with everyone. The other days I just want to be left alone," she said.

"I can relate to that," I said.

"You're pretty cool. Sorry for being such a bitch at first," she said.

"It's fine," I said.

"Well I'm Josie," she said finally introducing herself.

"I'm Cecilia," I said.

"Well Cecilia you want to skip this meeting and go chill," she said.

"Are you sure we should leave?" I asked.

"I mean we both shared our feelings with someone we didn't know today. I'd say we had our own group therapy wouldn't you," Josie said.

"I guess you're right," I said.

"Then lets bounce and go get some food," she said.

I agreed and we both got up.

I know maybe sticking around for the meeting might have been good for me. But making friends with this Josie girl seemed like a better alternative. I mean she is the first person I've told about my diagnosis and it felt nice knowing I'd finally met someone who understands what I'm going through.

Author's Note: Madison and Mason are on the same page again! It seems Mason might be crushing on Madison just a little bit too. Cecilia is finally coping with her diagnosis and it seems she might have made a new friend as well.

Below is a photo of what Josie looks like. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 7.3K 39
"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 '𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨', 𝐢𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞." - 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐜𝐨...
9.7K 571 39
I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you was high school graduation." "Exactly...
1.6M 29.4K 24
[Completed] Taylor Daniels. Average name, average face, average girl. What about her life? Well, that's a bit complicated. Finding out her werewolf...
54.5K 1.3K 41
- ! Book contains explicit content ! - _ From the life of silver chains to the world of golden spoons. Here's a story about the life of Athena Noir...