Outside The Lines (Interracia...

由 NicoleMckoy

Cecilia Atwood has lived a life of complete privilege. Her father is a night club tycoon. Her mother has alwa... 更多

Outside The Lines (Interracial Romance)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Sequel Is Posted

Chapter 63

1.1K 92 24
由 NicoleMckoy

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

I sat in the police station waiting area as Cecilia gave her statement.

When I got up and left Cecilia sleeping I had every intention on going to the club to kick Lucas's ass.

But as I was walking through the hotel lobby to leave I saw him walking in.

I hurried back upstairs and that's when I found him on top of Cecilia ready to rape her again.

I knocked him over the back of his head and called the police.

He was arrested and now Cecilia was here giving her statement.

She wanted me to call her parents, which I did.

Her dad said he was having his private jet get him here as fast as he could.

As I sat here just waiting for Cecilia I thought about how much she means to me and how much she's been through.

She might not know it but that girl is strong as hell to have overcome everything that's been thrown her way.

I love her so much and she doesn't even know it.

Yes I've told her how I feel for her but I don't think she truly gets what she means to me.

I've dated and have been in a couple relationships. But I've always just had this place in my heart that couldn't be touched because it belongs to Cecilia.

"Deacon where is my daughter!" I heard a panicked male voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and saw my uncle Caleb.

I stood up.

"She's giving a statement to the police," I said.

"Where is that rapist?" Caleb asked.

"They arrested him," I said.

"How is my baby girl?" he asked.

"She's shaken up but doing ok," I said.

"I should have never allowed her to come out here!" Caleb said as he began pacing.

"You couldn't have known what would happen... besides keeping her locked up in the house will solve nothing," I said.

"At least if she is locked up in the house I know she's safe!" he argued.

"I was there I protected her," I said.

"Thank you for keeping her safe but I'm her father so I'll take it from here," he said.

"Actually can we talk.... Outside," I said.

My uncle was hesitant but nodded.

We walked outside to get some fresh air.

I know the timing is bad but I had to speak with him.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asked.

"Uncle Caleb I care for Cecilia a lot," I said.

"Yes she's mentioned that you two have a friendship while I disapprove of it," he said.

"Why do you disapprove? Have I ever done anything to prove myself unworthy of her friendship?" I asked.

"It's not so much about you Deacon but the family you come from," he said.

"You mean the man that fathered me?" I clarified.

"Yes. Your father is a real piece of work and I can't help but assume it runs in the genes. I just don't want my daughter caught up in that," he explained.

"I'm nothing like my father Uncle Caleb," I said.

"I'd like to believe that but Deacon I don't," he said.

"Look I love your daughter and while I know this is not the best time to have this conversation I'm not sure when I'll ever get another chance to have it. I know Cecilia has been through a lot and have had a lot of men mistreat her. I want to show her how a real man treats a woman. Show her that not all men are horrible human beings. I'm a patient man and willing to wait as long as it takes for her to be ready. But when she is ready I'd like to ask her out and date her with the intention of marriage one day. So I guess this is me asking for your blessing to date your daughter," I said.

"It's very honorable of you to ask for my blessing. Maybe you aren't like your father or maybe you are and just haven't tapped into that side of yourself just yet who knows. All I know is my daughter has been hurt enough and I refuse to let her endure any more pain, which is why you can't have my blessing. I want the best for my daughter. I want to protect her and keep her safe. While I know she will ultimately make her own decisions. I'm telling you right now man to man I will never accept you into my family or bless any type of union between you and my daughter," he said.

It hurt hearing him shut me down.

He didn't want to give me a chance based off his history with my father.

"Well I respect your decision but I don't agree with it. I'm not my father and I'll prove it to you if Cecilia ever gives me the chance," I said.

"Well you know where I stand," he said.

"Yes I do," I said.

Caleb walked off back inside the police station and I stayed outside.

If I ever wanted a future with Cecilia it was clear we'd never have her father's blessing.

I was a respectful guy and wanted her father to approve. But should I let his disapproval keep me from pursuing what my heart wants.

Cecilia P.O.V.

I walked out into the police station waiting area and saw my dad.

"Dad," I said.

"Baby girl!" my father said relieved.

My father got up and quickly pulled me into a hug.

"Are you ok?" he asked as he looked me over.

"Yeah... I just want to go home. Where is Deacon?" I asked.

"Outside I think. Baby girl that boy didn't hurt you again did he?" my father asked.

"No dad. Deacon got there in time and got him off me," I said.

"Well I should call your mother. She's worried sick. A car is waiting for us outside," my father said.

My father pulled his phone out as we went outside.

When we stepped outside I saw Deacon standing by the brick wall with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey," I said as I walked over to him.

I noticed my father getting in the car waiting for us.

"Hey. You ok?" he asked.

"Yeah. All thanks to you," I said.

"Really it was nothing," he said.

"No it was everything. You saved me and I'll never forget that," I said.

"Well I'm just glad you're ok," he said.

"You coming with us?" I asked.

"No I got my own ride back to the hotel. You go on with your dad," Deacon said.

"Well I'll text you... " I said.

"Ok," he said.

"Thanks again Deacon... for everything. For always being there... being the one person I can count on," I said.

I hugged Deacon and he loosely wrapped his arms around me hugging me back.

"Take care of yourself alright?" Deacon said.

"Why does your tone sound like this is a goodbye..." I asked as we pulled away from each other.

"Well it kind of is isn't it.... I mean I'm going back to New York and you'll be in Atlanta," he said.

"But we're always going to be friends," I said.

"Yeah... friends," he said.

I gently placed my hand to Deacon's cheek as we locked eyes.

"I know I haven't always acted like you matter but you matter a lot to me... I hate that it's taken me so long to see what's always been right in front of me. I know we won't see each other that much since we live so many miles apart. But I hope to keep in touch and always remain to have a solid friendship," I said.

"For sure... we'll always be friends," he said.

I leaned up and gently brushed my lips over his cheek.

"You're one of a kind Deacon Sharp," I smiled.

"You are too Cecilia Atwood," he smiled back.

I said bye and gave him a quick hug before walking off to my dad's car.

As I got into the backseat I waved bye to Deacon.

I didn't know when we'd ever cross paths again.

But I knew we'd have to run into each other again someday.  

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

28.7K 1.9K 182
MC has always had your normal typical life which many times she wishes she could change. However, with one text message her life would change in ways...
124K 5.2K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
61.1K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
90.7K 2.5K 42
**Complete** Madelyn Foster is just your not so average 18 year old. She holds a lot of guilt, grief, and heartbreak, caused from a traumatic childho...