Love After the Streets

By _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... More

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
5.)
6.) The Meeting
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
16.) Best Friend
17.) And so it begins
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
25.)
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
28.) Invites
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

Chapter 43.) August...

2.1K 115 152
By _jasthewriter

         Once Nell left, August made him a couple of sandwiches to eat then enjoyed a bag of SunChips before he went ahead and showered. As an attempt to sober up, the shower only made him sleepy, and he ended up falling asleep on the sofa for a few hours.

        The front door opening then closing woke him up and he slowly turned over catching Skylar's attention.

        She had the mail in her hand and the magazine.

"Wasn't trying to wake you," she mumbled turning around until he called her name.

Sitting up, he moved over so she could sit down.

"Let me apologize for tha' way I came at you," he began and she nodded.

"You just caught me off guard with everything Sky. You have a little sister, and you know I love tha' hell out of her as if I created her. I have nieces ma... you knew better,"

"I did, and I'm sorry. I honestly don't know why I went when I had thoughts... I guess I was scared of being stuck here by myself," she confessed

"I would've stayed with you Skylar, that's what you aren't understanding. Why would you put yourself at risk like dat? That's all I wanted to know,"

Shrugging, she stared at the mail. "I don't know August... I wasn't thinking,"

"You weren't, but I can't even stay mad at you because I should've known," he said.

"I still went though, it was my fault,"

"Mhm," he nodded staring at her briefly then at her flat stomach.

"What?" She laughed nervously.

"You're really about to give me a kid,"

"Are you excited... now?" She shyly smiled and he smirked.

"Of course, I was just upset ma. But I'm happy," he assured then pulled her onto his lap.

"You still love me?" She smirked messing with his chain.

"It depends, do you forgive me?"

"I should be asking you that," she giggled and he laughed.

"I do love you ma, dat won't ever change," he promised and she smiled staring at him.

"What do you want us to have?"

"Since we basically have a daughter, how about a boy?" He suggested.

"Daughter?" She frowned and he laughed nodding towards the photo of Bre.

"Ohhhhh," she giggled. "A boy would be cool,"

Smirking, he squinted his eyes at her and she bit down on her bottom lip.

"You don't want a boy do you?"

"I really want a girl," she confessed.

"I can settle for dat,"

"But is it what you really want?" She pressed.

Laughing, he nodded messing with her bracelet.

"I'm fine with whatever, they'll get loved tha' same," he told her and she smiled.

"Come upstairs," she smirked getting up.

"Why we can't do it down here?"

"I need space," she winked before walking away.

"Shittttttt," He chuckled getting up and rubbed his hands together.

It's been a week too long and he was ready to break her back all the way in.

***

Many years ago

        I'm not stable enough to carry a child let alone have one! I don't even know why I agreed to this thing!" Jenna cried as she pushed the radio off the table causing it to break.

        "J..." Nate sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. "Nuh duh dis right now,"

        Over the last 2 days, she's been on a crazy emotional rollercoaster and spazzing out every chance she got.

        "I'm just expressing myself, that's what you wanted me to do right? So here it is!" She yelled getting up and picked up the plate.

        "First thing first," She began as she looked at him, "I should've died when I got the chance!" She threw the plate down causing it to shatter.

        "Don't speak no ill mess like deh." He warned taking the plate from her when she picked up another one.

        Ignoring him, she went and picked up another one.

        "Nobody asked me how in the hell I'm actually dealing with everything." She threw another plate down.

        "My only brother knew about the rape and denied it every time!" Throwing another plate he jumped back when it shattered in his direction.

        "I don't even know who my father is!"

        "And you" She gritted pointing at him.

        "Just yell at me or something, tell me I'm stupid, tell me to shut up, stop looking at me like I'm crazy and just argue back!" She screamed walking over towards him and went to hit him but he grabbed her hand.

        Staring at her briefly, she tried to pull her hand free but he tightened his grip.

        "Why won't you say something?" She asked with watery eyes.

        "Why would I say stuff like deh to yuh baby?" He asked letting her hand go and she took that as her cue to attack him.

        "Jenna stop" he asserted blocking the face shots she was giving him.

        "Yell at me!" She shouted beating on his chest.

        Seeing that he wasn't gonna give her what she wanted, she dropped to her knees and broke down officially.

        Sitting on the kitchen floor with her, he pulled her into him while she cried.

        "I c—can't do this an—anymore. It hurts sooo bad," She hiccuped then kicked the chair watching as it fell down knocking the plant down along with it.

        Biting down on his lip, he hugged her tightly as he took slow breaths as warm tears began to roll down his cheek as she slammed her fists down on the floor repeatedly.

        She completely lost it and he didn't know what to do. One moment she was happy about the pregnancy and then it's like a flip switched and she went haywire.

        He had to do something...

        4 days later...

       "How long will she be gone?" Gunna asked Nate as they sat in his living room trying to make sure he was ok.

        His facial hair was scruffy giving off a rough kinda look, he hadn't got a recent cut so his curls were sprouting up an inch higher than he normally kept them and he had dark circles under his eyes.

        "A few weeks... maybe a month.. I don't know." Nate shrugged as he picked up the bottle and went to take a swig of it but Playboy snatched it from him and shook his head.

        They could both see how bad this whole thing was affecting him, his parents had to call them because he wasn't acting right.

        "Gi—give mi di fucking drink bak." He slurred reaching for it but Playboy shook his head placing it on the floor.

        "Yo girl is getting help not just for herself but for you and my niece or nephew, I'm not letting you sit there to get drunk off yo ass, dis ain't you Nate, I don't know who dis person is right now." He told him as he got up and Nate tried to grab the bottle but Gunna gently pushed him back.

        "Man fuck yall, mi don't need yall!" He yelled jumping up and chucked the tv remote against the wall.

        "Yall don't care bout me! mi luv di both of yall niggas but who luv mi huh? Nuh yuh or him!" Staggering into the kitchen, Gunna got up and followed behind him.

        "Nate I love you bro, but if you walk up on me we gon' fight," Playboy warned as he poured the alcohol down the drain.

        "Fuckkk yuh! Give mi di bottle"

        "Marcus take his ass upstairs," Playboy replied. Gunna knew he was serious because he rarely called him by his actual name.

        "Oh suh yuh mad? Yuh waah fi fight now?" Nate laughed as he reached for the bottle sitting on the counter and Playboy looked at him.

        "Come on man... you gotta lay down." Gunna said as he grabbed Nate but he snatched away and turned around and shoved him.

        "Man, you know I'm not gon' take it there wit you fam," Gunna told him as he grabbed his arm while Playboy emptied the rest of the bottles into the sink.

        Nate was trying to fight him off but was too drunk to keep his balance. Once they got upstairs, Gunna laid him on the bed and handed him Jenna's old teddy bear.

        "Go to sleep bro, we'll be downstairs." He said then left out.

        Nate stared at the teddy bear for a moment then broke down.

        He missed Jenna heavily and her not being there cut him deeper than he had expected. He hated the fact that she was battling with so much stuff and was afraid to ask for help.

         He was angry at himself for not listening to his mom and dad when they told him that he needed to put her in therapy, that was years ago when he found her lying in the tub nearly dead, but again he ignored them and listened to her when she told him she was 'ok'

        She wasn't ok, she never was, she just knew how to hide her feelings and he did a good job at ignoring her cries for help.

        He felt responsible for not protecting and looking out for her like he was supposed to.

        If he could rewind time and do things differently he would...

        "Yuh eating?" Abby, Nate's mom asked sitting at the foot of his bed as he stared blankly up at the ceiling.

        It's been two days since his drunken rage and all he's been doing is keeping himself busy with checking in on his trap houses and making sure deals were set. He was too embarrassed to face Gunna and Playboy not knowing that they forgot about it the moment he went to bed.

        "Mhm," He hummed.

       Abby stared at him for a moment then placed her hand on his leg and sighed, "Yuh need fi shave yuh facial hair son."

        "Later," he mumbled turning on his side and she pursed her lips growing fed up with his mini tantrum.

        "Dat a it...mi seen nuff! Get yuh likkle behind up, get inna dat showa, shave an wash yuh backside," she scolded hitting his arm then snatched the tv remote from him when he picked it up.

       "Mi wi bless yuh ass as eff yuh did deh likkle bowy again, dont yuh ramp wid mi Nate, mi so serious,"

        Reluctantly, Nate sat up knowing that she indeed would try to put a whooping to his backside not caring that he was a grown man now and he would hate to block her hit just for her to run and tell his father that he 'tried' to fight her back.

        "Betta," she smirked as he walked into the bathroom.

        "Now mi wi guh downstairs an cook yuh sup'm fi nyam yuh need a full belly to build yuh energy bak up... Jenna wud waah deh," The mention of Jenna made his heart ache and Abby noticed the shift in his vibe.

         "Sorry," she quickly apologized before heading out of the room so he could have some privacy.

       While in the shower, Nate had his hands pressed into the wall with his head down as he allowed the steaming water to run down his body easing his tensed muscles.

        Jenna's laughter began to fill his ears causing a small smile to form on his face. Sighing deeply, he lowered his hand to his dick and closed his eyes. Thinking back to the many different ways he had her during their shower sessions, he groaned lowly as he stroked himself.

        He missed her presence but he missed her touch the most.

       The louder her moans filled his ears, the faster he went.

       Pressing his fist into the wall, he went faster mumbling a series of curse words to himself until his nut came.

        With his chest heaving up and down, he turned the water to cold and allowed it to calm him before he went back to washing his body off. After his shower, he shaved per his mom's request, got dressed and met her in the kitchen.

         "Turkey bacon, grits, omelet stuffed with peppers, lots of cheese and bacon, yuh French toast in di oven cooling off and I made muffins,"

        Nate nodded looking at all the food she was making trying to figure out how that was just for one person.

       "Damian and Marcus are coming," She announced reading his mind.

        "Cool," he nodded glancing at the tv just as a video of Biggie came on.

        Jenna would make me turn, he thought then chuckled softly.

        Abby cut her eyes at him and smiled, "Wah yuh tink bout?"

        "Nutten," he replied picking up the remote and changed the channel.

        "Let mi find out yuh hear ghosts mi ago bi pan mi way," she giggled and he laughed shaking his head.

        "Just in mi thoughts mum," he assured just as the doorbell rang followed by Gunna opening it after doing his famous knock.

        "Cousinnnnn!" He laughed opening his arms and Playboy laughed closing the door.

        "Wassup," Nate chuckled slapping hands with him then embraced him and did the same to Playboy before sitting back down.

        "Morning mama," they spoke going over to give Abby a hug.

        "Yes it iz, blessed," she smiled motioning for them to sit down.

       "I go fi di store, yuh out of milk and eggs," she said after giving Nate them their plates.

        "We can do dat," Playboy cut in but she waved him off.

       "I shop, yuh men nyam," she smiled picking up her purse.

        Nate got up and removed a wad of cash from the cookie jar and placed it inside her purse knowing she wouldn't take it willingly.

       Smiling, she patted his shoulder then placed a kiss on his forehead before waving at the guys on her way out.

        "She still mad at what we do?" Gunna asked with a mouthful of grits.

       "Yup, just not as vocal as she used to be tho," Nate answered grabbing the basket of muffins.

       "I still don't get why she kicked you out da crib but let yo pops stay, he was da one who taught our asses," Playboy chuckled.

     "I'm her son, I came from her, he didn't,"

       "Well... shit... look at us now, doing da damn thing and about to take over da whole east coast," Gunna stated then smirked.

       "I'm tryna be on some Cartel shit, have mobs working for us and all," he added.

        "Need a few more years, but long as we got em on our side we straight," Nate replied before eating his food.

      Playboy nodded as he ate his food in silence thinking about what girl he could hook up with later on tonight. Money wasn't an issue or a concern of his, he made it in his sleep. Sex was his priority, he just enjoyed it but didn't have time for a girl to catch feelings, that's where he drew the line.

      Gunna was trying to figure out if he wanted to meet up with Heather tonight or go back to one of his old flings and Nate... well Jenna was heavy on the mind, but he was in a better space about it.

***

         "Jen?" Nate called standing in their bedroom doorway as she flipped through the photo album full of of Gunna and Playboy.

         "I'm listening," she sighed staring at the photo of Playboy.

        First time I ever got him to smile, she thought then shook her head.

        "Put deh away baby, yuh know how yuh get,"

         "I've been doing dis for ten plus years... I'm fine,"

        Slightly offended by her words, he walked into the room and sat next to her.

        "Remember this?" She smiled holding up the picture of her, Gunna and Playboy at her high school graduation.

        "Still don't know who wuz more excited, yuh or Gunna's ass," he replied and they laughed.

         "I think it was him, he wanted to beat the guys up so many times," she giggled.

        "I still can't believe you forced me to go off to college,"

        "It helped didn't it?" He chuckled picking up another photo.

          "No, because I was miserable there thinking about what bitch you were fucking when it was supposed to be me," she revealed and he busted out laughing.

        "How would it look for mi grown ass to be messing wit a child?"

        "I was not a child," she defended and he gave her a look then chuckled.

        "Seventeen," he corrected.

        "Ok but then I turned eighteen and you still gave me the cold shoulder until like three months later,"

         "Do yuh not understand how nasty dis sounds J baby?" He laughed and she shrugged.

        "You weren't a perv, plus I had a crush on you since I was a damn kid. So yes, I had it set in my mind that you were my soulmate, here we are years later," she said and he smirked.

        "Still surprised yuh ain't tired of mi yet," He joked and she scoffed then rolled her eyes.

        "Look at you then say that again,"

        Smirking, he stole a kiss from her before getting up.

        "We still need to talk about your leg," she said still flipping through the photo album.

         "Not now," he said before leaving out and headed down the hall to check on Gunna.

        Opening the door, he cut the lights on and went and sat on the side of the bed listening to the machine beep.

       "I know yuh cyaah hear mi bruv... I just waah yuh to know deh I understand wah yur going through. Dis wuz mi for years bruv... but wi cyaa have dis for yuh," sighing, Nate leaned into the headboard and stared at the wall.

        The only thing he remembered while in his comma was hearing Jenna's screams over and over again. For years, he relived that moment and although it was tragic it was the only thing that forced him to fight.

        It wasn't until he regained consciousness when the guys that kidnapped him started injecting him with drugs to fuck with his memory.

        He had no recollection of who he was, where he was or who he was related to. They were going to finish him off but since it was clear the drugs worked they decided to use it to their advantage not knowing that he couldn't be put down for long.

        He was raised up in the street life, knew it like the back of his hand and studied it as if it were the Bible. He knew something was wrong and that's why he stopped taking the pills and each day he didn't take the pills a piece of his old self came back.

        He just needed Gunna to hold on.

        Looking over at Gunna, he placed his hand on his arm and gave it a light squeeze.

         "Ash keeps calling for yuh... di gyal iz stubborn just lakka yuh bruv. Yuh wouldn't believe wah happened days ago tho... gyal came here to fight Jenna," laughing, Nate shook his head and leaned his head against the headboard.

        "Yuh got a gud one, yuh and I both know back den, no sane bitch would've been bold nuff to step to J-bug... but I lakka di gyal for yuh. Yuh always wanted a family... bruv," he laughed tapping Gunna's arm as if he could hear.

        "Remember how Playboy used to joke yuh about wanting to get married? Bwoy wuz so caught up in pussy, he didn't tink love wuz di route to tek... the only reason he congratulated mi wuz because of Jen... I'm mad y'all respected her more than mi,"

        "She... she was our lil sister nigga,"

        Blinking a few times, Nate turned towards Gunna slowly and leaned towards his face to make sure he heard that correctly.

        "Nigga are yuh up?" He asked.

        When Gunna didn't reply, he shook his head and went back to staring at the wall.

       Feeling eyes on him, he looked at Gunna and caught him closing his eyes.

        Smirking, Nate eased off the bed and walked out the room quickly.

       Busting inside the room, he startled Jenna and she looked at him like he was crazy.

       "Walk," he waved his hand before leaving out.

       Frowning, she closed the photo album and got off the bed.

        Grabbing her sweater, she put it on and Nate came back inside the room.

       "Hurry gyal,"

        "I'm coming," she laughed running behind him.

        She kept asking what was going on but he wouldn't say anything. When they reached Gunna's room, Nate opened the door slowly and Jenna stared at Gunna confused then at Nate.

        "What?" She said.

        "Watch," he whispered nudging her forward and walked towards the machine.

         "Doctor still says he won't be able to walk... I don't nuh how Ashley gonna handle deh," He spoke.

        Jenna frowned in confusion and he cut his eyes at Gunna.

         "If she loves him she'll stay... hell I did," she shrugged sitting on the bed.

        "Yuh tink? I tink gyal would find someone else... he iz old as is," Nate said and Jenna covered her mouth to hide her laughter.

       "F... fuck you nigga," Gunna mumbled opening his eyes and Jenna busted out laughing.

        "Let dis be di last time yuh play mi bwoy, I outta chop yur foot off," Nate frowned staring at Gunna as Jenna helped him sit up.

        "Nigga fuck you, where my water at?"

        "Well, hello to you too," Jenna giggled.

        "You know I love you J," he smiled then mugged Nate.

        "My water,"

        "Suck yur ass nigga," Nate replied leaving out and Jenna laughed grabbing the cordless phone.

         "Who you calling?" He asked.

        "The nurse,"

        "Fuck her, call Ash," he groaned trying to move but she stopped him.

        "You still have the iv in, stop being stubborn," she huffed before calling the nurse.

       Sucking his teeth, he laid back and stared up at the ceiling as he listened to her conversation.

       He was happy to be alive but he had revenge on his mind, he wouldn't rest until he had Sebastián's blood on his hands, literally.

*****************************

👀👀👀👀👀👀
Hmmm.... what are y'all hoping for?
Boy or girl?
Should Gunna retaliate or let it go? Y'all think he's been up the whole time?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 36.4K 90
*Not edited* I snuggled into the pillow before I felt his arm wrap around me, pulling me closer. My head now in his chest as he pulled my leg over hi...
101 3 7
""what you don't now won't kill ya right???""He says with a face thatk suggests to mind my business.~~ " I didn't ask to be here I was brought here t...
2K 50 19
just read im not good with descriptions. ill try and come back and give you something.
250K 7.8K 55
"π‘Ύπ’Šπ’•π’‰ π’šπ’π’–, 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒆." "That's the problem, he too fine to be acting like a bitch" "I'm a bitch huh?" He said out of no wher...