My Little Brother (Hidan)

By MitsukiOnogashi

Mitsuki is Hidan's little brother. After his brother joined the Akatsuki, he is found by Konoha-nin. Making f... More

Chapter 1: Good-bye
Chapter 2: Welcome to Konoha
Chapter 3: Gai-sensei
Chapter 4: Torture and Interrogation
Chapter 5: Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 6: Surprises
Chapter 7: Butterflies
Chapter 9: Friends
Chapter 10: Early Blossom
Chapter 11: Lucky Nine
Chapter 12: Exams
REWRITE
BROTHERHOOD

Chapter 8: The Academy

2.2K 83 31
By MitsukiOnogashi

Mitsuki's POV

"I wanna die."

I groaned as me and Gai-sensei walked towards hell aka the Academy.

Gai-sensei had stopped answering to my complaints after the thirteenth time, which was actually when we were still home.

I'm pretty sure getting Gai-sensei annoyed isn't something a lot of people can brag about, so I'm taking that as a win.

I pulled my hood lower as the Academy came to view. Great, more socializing.

The first thing to register when we got to our destination was the noise. Kids screaming for all they're worth, laughing and shouting at each other, it was complete hell.

I turned towards Gai-sensei with a mournful look.

"Please tell me this is all a joke."

He gave me a confused look before smiling that bright smile of his.

"Don't worry, my YOUTHFUL student! In time, you'll see them as comrades you'll never hesitate to help when the need arises!"

Right. Comrades. I internally scoffed at that. Who needed them? Sure, having friends seems to be quite interesting, but I doubt I'll ever allow them to get close enough to be considered comrades.

I shook my head as Naruto suddenly came to mind. He's merely a friend at the most. Just like Chōji.

Entering the building, I was surprised to find that it wasn't as noisy inside as it was outside. Almost like we entered an entirely new place.

Following Gai-sensei around twisting hallways that would no doubt confuse anyone else my age, we eventually ended up in front of a closed room, which seemed to have the most noises inside.

As Gai-sensei knocked lightly on the door, I internally prepared myself for the day.

Not like I was going to spend the whole day in class anyway. I pulled down my hood even lower, barely being able to see.

"Come in." A young, but not that young voice called from the inside.

Opening the door, Gai-sensei gestured for me to follow him in, not like I was gonna do just that.

================================
Third Person POV

The room instantly quieted as soon as a weird-looking man and boy came to view.

The man had bowl-cut hair, bushy eyebrows, a tall and muscular build, and was wearing a jōnin vest. He was also wearing weird orange leg warmers.

Beside him, a boy not much older than eight sulked, his hood making it so that the students could barely see his face.

He was quite tall and wore a purple hooded vest over a grey shirt with matching pants and sandals. A few strands of snow-white hair poked out from the hood.

Iruka Umino smiled up at the pair before turning to address his students.

"Class, we have a new student. I hope none of you would give him any trouble." He briefly froze when he realized he didn't even know if the kid was a boy or a girl. He turned to Gai, who merely patted the kid's head, gave his signature grin and thumbs-up, and left the room.

The kid didn't even budge, just stood there looking down at the floor. Iruka cleared his throat.

Instantly, the kid's head snapped up to him, revealing a purple right eye with his left eye being covered by his bangs.

Iruka gave an encouraging smile.

"Why don't you start by telling us your name?"

The boy stared blankly at him for a moment before turning to the rest of the class.

"Mitsuki. Kuro Mitsuki." The boy stated plainly.

"Mitsuki?!" From the corner of the room, Iruka saw Naruto sit up straight, along with Chōji a few seats across. He could hear a few mutters from the class following Naruto's outburst

Mitsuki turned to look at the blonde, who's mouth was wide open. He gave a salute.

"Yo."

Iruka cleared his throat again, gaining everyone's attention. He smiled at Mitsuki.

"Mitsuki, I hope your stay in the Academy would be enjoyable. Take the seat next to Sasuke over there." He ordered, gesturing to where the Uchiha was sitting beside the window.

Mitsuki shrugged before walking towards his new seat. Along the way, he could hear mutters and grumbles from a few girls, along the lines of, "Why'd he get to sit next to Sasuke-kun?".

The boy rolled his eyes before sliding down to his seat. Sasuke merely gave him a cursory glance before looking away with a grunt.

Mitsuki resisted the urge to stick his tongue out. Did this Sasuke really just dismiss him that quickly? Pretty boy.

"Now that you mention it, he looks a lot like that man who took nii-san away." He thought as he studied Sasuke's features subtly.

Whatever. Looking back in front, he saw Iruka-sensei start their first lesson for the day. Mathematics.

He joined the numerous grumbles and complaints from his new classmates.

"This is gonna be a long day."

================================
Mitsuki's POV

I sighed happily as our current sensei dismissed us for lunch.

Finally. Freedom. As I packed my admittedly lacking school supplies, I sensed Naruto's approach. Honestly, without even using my sensory abilities nor my Shinegan, I could've had heard his approach. That guy's footsteps were loud.

"Hey Mitsuki! Wanna have lunch with me!" He practically screamed as he went up to me, but not before sending a glare to Sasuke, who ignored him.

I shrugged. "Whatever suits you." I saw his smile widen as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

"Sweet! Let's go to Ichitaku ramen! They sell the best ramen! Teuchi-san sometimes even gives me an extra serving without charge! Awesome, right? By the way, how's sitting with Sasuke-teme?"

That last question threw me out for a loop. Blinking rapidly, I replied.

"Fine, I guess?"

Naruto made a face.

"He's such a jerk isn't he? Just sittin' there trying to look cool and awesome, right?"

I shrugged before opting to change the subject. I had an inkling Naruto would go on a rant about Sasuke if I don't stop him.

"So, where is this ramen shop you've been talking about?"

Just as I expected, Naruto's eyes widened.

"I nearly forgot! Come on, it's this way!"

With that, he began pulling me along. Again.

================================
"This is Mitsuki! He's my new friend! Mitsuki, this is Teuchi-san, and that's his daughter, Ayame-nee-chan!"

Naruto proudly introduced as we were served our bowls of ramen.

I looked at my bowl blankly. This was actually my first time eating ramen, not that I'd ever tell Naruto that. Who knew how he'd react to that.

Taking an experimental sip of the soup, I had to admit that it was good.

Not as good as dango though.

"So, you like it?"

I turned to see that Naruto had paused mid-sip as he looked at me. I was dimly aware that that was already his third bowl.

"It's good."  I say nonchalantly.

I heard a chuckle to my right following my declaration. Looking over, I saw that it was the ramen guy, Teuchi-san, an old man with narrow eyes.

"Of course it is. Naruto here wouldn't bring his friend to someplace without good food now, would he?" He explained.

Not knowing how to answer to that, I merely nodded.

A few minutes later, both me and Naruto were bidding good-bye to the old man and his daughter.

"Man, that was great as always, Teuchi-san!" Naruto complimented.

I didn't say anything, just nodded to them.

However, before I walked away, I felt Teuchi-san grab my arm.

Turning to ask him what was wrong, he suddenly leaned down with a look of seriousness on his face.

"Naruto's a good kid. Despite what most people think, he has a kind heart. As his friend, I expect you not to forget that."

Confused and bewildered, I merely nodded.

"Uh, sure. I won't forget."

"Good."

With that, he let go of my hand, his face morphing back to cheerfulness.

"I hope you enjoyed!"

Nodding minutely, I caught up to Naruto, who had stopped a few steps away upon realizing I wasn't following.

As we walked back to the Academy, I thought back on what the old man had said.

Despite what most people think? Most, if not all the villagers I've seen always had an angry and spiteful look whenever Naruto was around.

This, along with what Teuchi-san had said, merely adds up to the mystery surrounding Naruto. Why did the villagers hate him?

"-suki! Mitsuki!"

Snapping back to attention, I glanced back at Naruto with a sheepish grin.

"Sorry, Naruto. Kinda zoned out there."

"Oh, okay. Well anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to skip classes with me this afternoon? Iruka-sensei just kinda drones on and on about History during this time......I think."

I blinked once before giving a smirk.

"Why not?"

Naruto's face lit up before a mischievous grin crept up on his face.

"While we're at it, wanna prank the other villagers?"

It took a moment for what Naruto said to register, but once it did, a demonic smile made its way up my face.

"You're on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.5K 67
When Sakura Haruno was a genin, she saved the lives of her teammates on multiple occasions, but every time, her efforts and growth was ignored by her...
84K 1.9K 30
Tsukiko had had it rough. Living with her slightly psychotic mother was hell for her and she had scars to prove it. She knew who her father was and w...
63.9K 1.5K 33
Akako Uchiha is the sister of Sasuke Uchiha, and graduated the academy at the same time as him. Groups of four were made once the students who passed...
467K 19.4K 55
Kendensetsu Mizuken is the last survivor of her clan and has recently run away from her old master, Orochimaru. Even with her terrible past she is le...