lυncн & ғrιendѕ oneѕнoтѕ

By cxxpxrr

trying to expose myself to the wattpad lunch club/smpl community More

A/N
υndenιaвle (t x c)
мeanт тo вe (w x s)
cσlσurѕ (t x c)
cσlσurѕ pt.2
raιn (w x s)
a cυp oғ coғғee (c x c)
a cυp oғ coғғee pt.2
a cυp oғ coғғee pt.3
тape recorder (carson)
crιмѕon peтalѕ (c x s)
apocalypѕe (cooper)
pιтy parтy (w x s)
not a chapter (a/n)
ѕιncerely, тecнnoвlade (technoblade)
perѕonal venт
nιgнтмareѕ (schlatt & co)

тнe ѕnιғғleѕ (traves)

1.7K 34 10
By cxxpxrr

the sniffles

traves, cooper, noah, carson (platonic, fluff)

traves gets sick and his roommates care about him too much.

Travis woke up and shot out of bed, immediately crashing back down into his fluffy pillows. He groaned silently. His head was spinning, and his brain felt like it had expanded, and was pressing against his skull. His throat felt raspy, like sandpaper, and his entire body felt like he'd been lying in the sun for hours, even though it was winter.

Travis stared at the ceiling, and grasped aimlessly at the bottle of water he knew was on his bedside table. He felt the cold plastic against his hands, and immediately heard the sound of hard plastic hitting the floor, and water sloshing around inside it.

It was louder than he thought, and even that simple sound caused his ears to ring and his head to throb even more.

"Travis? What was that noise?"

Cooper stuck his head through the door, and saw Travis in that weak, helpless state. Travis' face was red. More than usual. His nose was dark crimson, and his usually bright eyes were now swollen and teary. 

"Travis, are you sick?" Cooper asked, his voice in a hushed tone. He picked up Travis' bottle and placed it back on his bedside table. He looked over at his roommate, who pulled his blanket up to his nose.

"No," The muffled noise of Travis' soft voice traveled through his thick sheets.

"Yeah right you're not sick. Just look at you, you're as red as a goddamn tomato Travis." Cooper said. 

"How bad is it? Can you sit up?"

He watched as Travis nodded, and made a pitiful attempt at lifting his body up, only to flop back onto the bed like a dead fish. 

"I'm fine," Travis said in his usual tone, eyes wide open.

Cooper giggled at how "Travis brain" this moment was. "I'm gonna go and get a thermometer okay? Stay right there trav."

Travis' eyes followed Cooper as he walked out of the room, shutting the door silently. He reached for the bottle again, this time grabbing hold of it and bringing it to his face. He pushed his body up slowly, as he attempted to do before to no avail, but this time he was able to lean against the head of his bed, despite the constant pain in his skull. 

He unscrewed the cap of his bottle, and drank the water. It felt so refreshing, the cool liquid going down his throat, but that sensation was over as soon as it began, and his face was as hot as before.

Cooper walked in just in time to see Travis doing something very fitting to his personality.

"Bleh," Travis stuck his tongue out of his mouth. The aftertaste of the water was somehow bitter.

"Hey Travis, open wide," Cooper said, holding the thermometer in front of Travis' red face.

"Ahhh," Travis opened his mouth, and shut it on the thermometer.

They stood there awkwardly for a few seconds, until they heard the all too familiar beeping noise coming from the thermometer.

Cooper grabbed it out of Travis' lips slowly, and observed the numbers on the digital screen.

"Yup, you've got a fever all right. Now get back to bed and get some rest. I'm pretty sure you slept at 3 in the morning." Cooper said sternly.

"Okay," Travis muttered, sliding back into his covers.

Cooper walked up and tucked Travis in. Just as he was about to leave he heard a high pitched voice.

"Coopie?" 

"Yeah trav?"

"I think I have the sniffles."

Cooper smirked, and laughed under his breath. He switched off the lights and Travis drifted back into sleep.

• 

Travis heard the click of his light switch and blinked his eyes open.

"Rise and shine Travis, it's time for lunch! Actually it's 3 pm but who cares." He heard Carson's naturally loud voice as he sat up in bed.

After sleeping for nearly 5 hours, Travis felt slightly better. The ringing in his head had ceased, but it was still generally aching, and his temperature had only gone down slightly.

Carson was carrying a bowl of bland looking instant oatmeal, and a cup of hot tea on some tray he'd fished out of the cupboard.

"It's not much, but it's the best we could do." He pulled up Travis' chair from his desk and sat next to his friend, as he placed the tray on Travis' lap. 

Travis wasn't really hungry. In fact, he couldn't bear the feeling of swallowing food. So he just sat there in silence. 

Carson stared at Travis. Travis' didn't know this, but Carson couldn't bear seeing him like this. Yeah, he was often deemed as just being the funny man of the group, but he genuinely cared for his friends. Travis' rosy cheeks and bloodshot eyes made Carson feel so guilty. It was his idea to bring them out all day, then stream together for hours. 

Anyways, he couldn't change what he'd already done, but he could help Travis get better.

"Travis you have to eat." He stated.

"I don't wanna, it leaves an icky taste in my mouth." Travis muttered softly.

"Do you wanna get better Travis?"

"Yeah,"

"Then open up," 

Carson grabbed the spoon out of the bowl and shoveled oatmeal into Travis' mouth, who had opened his mouth to protest, but ended up getting a spoonful of oatmeal instead.

After Travis swallowed that mouthful of oatmeal, Carson placed the spoon back in the bowl.

"Do you think you can eat by yourself now?"

"Yeah."

"No more sleeping okay? But stay in your room, and try not to use your computer too much."

"But i'm supposed to stream today! The stans will get angry ..." Travis said, looking up at Carson with puppy dog eyes as Carson stood up.

Carson sighed. "Look, I care about you okay? You need to rest. No streaming, no editing, no gaming for you. Alright?"

Travis nodded in agreement. 

"Bye," Carson said, closing the door.

"Byeeeeeee," Travis stretched out the 'e', as he sat in bed, thinking about minecraft, since he couldn't play it.

It was 10 pm, and Noah was going to bring Travis some cold medicine and put him to bed. Yeah, it was way earlier than normal, but Travis was pretty sick according to Cooper and Carson, plus Noah hadn't seen Travis all day since his roommates didn't want anyone else to get sick.

"Hey Trav-"

"Noah!" Travis jumped in his chair out of shock, spinning around to face his stone-faced roommate. On his screen was the all too familiar home screen of CS:GO.

"Travis, you know you aren't supposed to be gaming today." Noah said, hiding his worry under a deadpan voice.

"I got bored..." Travis whispered, looking down at his feet and tugging at the strings of his hoodie.

"Come on Travis, we're doing this because we love you, and we want you to get better." Noah said, holding Travis' hand and pulling him towards his bed. 

"But I'm fine!" Travis exclaimed, sitting down on his bed, before promptly sneezing and letting out a bunch of snot on his hand.

"I'll get you some tissues," Noah said, rolling his eyes.

After a minute or so, Noah walked back into Travis' room clutching a box of tissues. He held it out to Travis, who plucked a couple and used them to clean his hand.

"Thanks Noah,"

"No problem. Now get ready for bed."

"But it's only 10-"

"No 'but's Travis. You gotta take this medicine too." Noah stated, shaking the bottle of cough syrup he had in his hand. 

As Travis took off his hoodie and pulled the covers over his legs, Noah poured some cough syrup into a spoon and held it out to Travis, who simply held his mouth open. Snickering at Travis' childishness, he fed Travis the syrup.

"Okay, now go to bed. No more gaming alright Trav?"

"Okay Noah, goodnight!"

"Night Travis." 

Noah walked out of Travis' bedroom with an odd sense of satisfaction overpowering the worry he felt previously. Little did he know, his 2 other roommates had felt the exact same thing earlier in that day, taking care of their friend who had the sniffles.

wow this ended up way too long

this one had a lot more plot, i hope you guys are okay with it, i wasn't really in an angsty mood today 

anyways i hope you are doing well, have a great week ahead :) 

-cooper

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 1.9K 36
wowie am I right? ~Internet and real life!~ Ⓒ Sandyfroglegs 2022 [COMPLETED] #1 Ranks: #1 in Ted - 11/20/22 #1 in Lunchclub - 11/20/22 #1 in Schlatt...
508K 19.9K 30
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭...
25.1K 173 26
SUPPORT VICTIMS
100K 2.5K 10
smplive more like simplive