Unintended Love (BJYX Fanfic)...

By antan_hannya

3 words separated them for 3 years. It was enough time for both of them to regret, rethink and reflect. And n... More

1: The Meeting
2: The Invite
3: The Lollipop
4: The Race
5: The Juice
6: The Accident
7: The Mess
8: The First Encounter
9: The Longing
10: The Sprout
11: The Rumor
12: The News
13: The Painting
14: The Breakfast
15: The Spoiler
16: The Collection
17: The Dream
18: The Confession
19: The Disappearance
20: The Seeker - one
22: The Seeker - three
23: The Keeper - one (Girlfriend)
24: The Keeper - two (Giving Up)
25: The Reason
26: The End

21: The Seeker - two (Confession)

7.5K 594 72
By antan_hannya

Author's note: This is a very long chapter! I hope you don't get bored 🙈

To diffentiate between past and present, I will use Italics for the past.

And when the video narration starts, please imagine Zhan was holding the camera, so he really isn't seen in the recordings (unless specified).

----------

Deep emotions stirred within Xiao Zhan, sending shivers all over his body, allowing him to remember the day he confessed to Yi Bo.

It was spring, the flowers are in full bloom. The weather, between warm and cold. Zhan had already realized after spending almost everyday in the past 4 years with Yi Bo, that he sees him more than a best friend and more intimate than a brother.

He now sees Yi Bo in a romantic way, his soulmate, his fated other-half.

His guts telling him, Yi Bo feels the same, but he still might not have realized it.

Which friend will put an effort to wait for him to finish class everyday? And who will follow someone to the same University just to be with him? Which type of friend would make an effort to eat 3 meals a day with him? Which friend will ask him to go out every weekend and spend the whole day with him, as if he is the only person which matters in this world?

With these, Zhan is sure, it is not just a normal friend.

And since he is the older one: 21 and the latter 19, he will be the first to confess. If he gets rejected, he can just pretend to laugh and say it was only a prank. He made up his mind, as easy as that.

So, when Yi Bo again patiently waited for him outside his class that certain spring day, he pulled and brought him to the art room where barely someone comes. He played a short video presentation, which he had skillfully edited for several weeks, giving it his all.

It consists of memories they've shared: the laughters, the sunny and rainy days, the normal days, their moments, their unspeakable affection, their friendship turned to an Unintended Love.

The video started the first day they met, a beautiful blue Hyacinth is in focus, then suddenly a voice made Zhan's hand shake in surprise, "Hey! Gege, can you spare me your attention?"

The camera spun around and captured a 15 year old Wang Yi Bo in his PE uniform, his brown hair in a wild array, his skin so even and fair, his features handsome yet cute, while his pair of light brown eyes glared at Xiao Zhan.

The camera shook again, this time, because Zhan can't suppress his laugh, "Okay, little kid, this Gege has now given you his full attention."

The young Yi Bo changed his expression to an angered one, his brows tangled quite remarkably. "Don't call me that! I am not a kid! And I am not little!"

Zhan can't help but glance at the current Yi Bo. He saw his mouth gaping open, watching their first encounter. His nape and ears turning red like a beaten meat.

Feeling the stare, he snapped back at Xiao Zhan, demanding, "Don't laugh!" which was the exact same line he said back then.

"Okay. Okay, I won't." Zhan agreed smiling awkwardly as he wished the video to finish quickly.

'It's just the start.'

"Call me Zhan-ge!" Zhan's voice echoed from the speakers which made both their head turn back to the screen.

He was running after Yi Bo in the hallway, shouting as he goes, "Call me Zhan-ge! I'm your Gege, am I not?"

Yi Bo ran as fast as he can until he entered Zhan's class art room, sitting on Zhan's empty chair, burying his head on Zhan's table.

"Bo-di." Zhan teased. "Call me Zhan-ge." He focused the camera on Yi Bo's blushing nape. Zhan was chuckling on his own, until a muffled sound made him froze. "Zhan-ge."

Then there was silence.

When Yi Bo did not hear any response from Zhan, he lifted his head from table and peeked. Zhan doesn't know what face he made that moment as he was the one cam-cording, but when Yi Bo turned around, his cheeks flushed, and again he repeated, "Zhan-ge" with a shy smile.

'How cute.' Zhan mentally remarked.

The next scene was targetted on a bottled carrot juice on top of Zhan's desk. He twisted it around and showed an almost illegible scribble note, "Miss me!" Zhan took the note and sticked it in his notebook, showing all other colorful sticky notes from Yi Bo. From, a simple "Zhan-ge!" to a variety of notes such as "For you." "See you later!" "I miss you." "I'm hungry." "Do you want some pizza?" "Where do you want to go?" "It's too warm!" "I hate the cold." "How are you?" "Are you bored?" and so on.

"Who gave you those?" Yi Bo faked surprise in his face, openly denying his jottings. Zhan ruffled Yi Bo's hair, "Who else can write such bad hieroglyphics?"

Yi Bo beamed a proud grin at him and caught his hand, keeping it warm within his palms. "I know, right?"

Then they saw rain splattering the ground in a fascinating rhythm.

"Zhan-ge, let's go home!" it is now the 17 years old Yi Bo speaking. But the film continued rolling as it captures the rain drops. "Later. It's still raining." Zhan, composedly answered in the background.

There were stomps of feet heard, and when Zhan lifted his camera, it captured Yi Bo running in the pouring rain. "Hey! You'll catch a cold!" Zhan spat which made Yi Bo stop playing under the rain. He smiled at Zhan, a type of mischievous smile, intending to do something silly.

"Doooon't! Yi Bo!" Zhan protested but Yi Bo heedlessly dragged him out of the shade, making him soaked under the rain as well.

"Let me." Yi Bo said taking the video camera from Zhan's hand, flipping it to face them both. "We are so drenched!" Zhan complained. "But it's nice. The rain. I like it." Yi Bo said making Zhan snap his head towards him. His glare suddenly faded as he saw a hot version of Yi Bo running his hand through his wet hair, showing him his boyish grin. Whereas, Yi Bo followed the drops of rain touching Zhan's pretty face, halting his eyes where that beautiful mole is under Zhan's lips. As they stared at each other, both their expression changed to something they couldn't explain back then.

It was a look of attraction, a stare of affection.

In a daze and without any warning, Yi Bo stole a peck from Zhan's chin before clumsily handing back the camera to Zhan's frozen hand, running away without any explanation.

The next scene was the day after that showery night. Zhan caught a bad cold, thanks to their under the rain rendezvous.

He was starting to film the hospital room he was in, when the door burst open and a dashing Yi Bo came to him, giving him a tight grip.

"Zhan-ge, I'm sorry. I should've listened to you last night."

Zhan released himself from the hug, "Don't catch my bug! Move away!"

But Yi Bo insisted to cling onto him, frowning as he say, "It's my fault. So, I'll share the cold with you."

Zhan cupped his face, smiling at him. "It is not your fault. So don't say that. Hm. What's that delicious smell?" he commented sniffing something mouthwatering.

"Porridge!" Yi Bo proudly stated.

Zhan frowned. "Porridge? That's too bland. Why not bring me something sweet?"

Yi Bo removed his arms around Zhan, frowning he answered. "It is sweet!"

Zhan tilted his head, perplexed. "How can a porridge be sweet?"

"Because I'm gonna feed you! So it is sweet!" Yi Bo adorably smiled at him as his ears started to turn crimson.

"Bo-di!" Zhan called to an aloof Yi Bo glaring at his noisy classmates inside his classroom. When Yi Bo heard the voice, his lips automatically curled into a warm smile. "Zhan-ge!" he excitedly jumped into him.

"Yah! Yi Bo!" Zhan's voice was impatient, shaking Yi Bo's shoulder as he lay motionless on the grass. Yi Bo's brows twitched dismissing Zhan's hand with a smack. Zhan chuckled in the background then sweetly said, "Hey, Bo-di. Zhan-ge is here, time to wake up!" Instantly, Yi Bo's lids flutter whilst he grinned, pulling Zhan's arm hard so he toppled on his side. "Zhan-ge, what took you so long? I was so bored, I fell asleep." He lazily said, resting his head on Zhan's shoulder.

"Zhaaaaaan-ge!" Yi Bo yelled from the stage. He was enthusiastically waving, beaming wide as he held his trophy up high. He suddenly winked at Zhan's direction, kissing his hand then blowing the kiss towards him. There was an ecstatic cheer from the girls around Zhan, giggling as they catch the kiss and hold it dear to their heart. Zhan flipped the camera to himself, pointing at the lens, half-crying as he laughed, "Cheeky, Bo-di!"

"Gege, stop it!" Yi Bo hids his face behind his crossed-arms. Zhan's hand try to pull those arms away. "Is Didi, starting to be camera shy now?" Zhan teased. "Who's shy?" Yi Bo instantly put his arms away, smirking confidently. "Owww. Bo-di is always so handsome." Zhan remarked which made Yi Bo's ear turn red earnestly staring at Xiao Zhan behind the lenses, "Zhan-ge is so pretty and have lots of admirers."

"Hahahaha!" Zhan laughed hard with the comment. "Are you jealous?" he pinched Yi Bo's cheek.

To his amazement, Yi Bo pouted, and obediently nodded his head, eyes remained downcasted.

"Awww. My cute Bo-di." Zhan chortled ruffling Yi Bo's soft curls. His fingers travelled to Yi Bo's chin, lifting it up, before saying, "Didi, Gege ai ni." and with that the screen turned pitch black.

"Bo-di," Zhan summoned Yi Bo's attention when the video ended.

Yi Bo stiffly turned towards his heed in reflex, mind somewhere far off. Zhan couldn't decipher what he saw in his eyes. But he was hopeful, that somewhere deep within his mess of thoughts, he realized they share the same feelings.

With resolute will and hopeful heart, Zhan repeated, "I love you."

Yi Bo stood up clumsily, toppling the chair he was sitting on. Terror and fear now aparent in his face.

Zhan wanted to take his words back. He planned to laugh and say it was a prank, but he couldn't manage to take it back. His tongue got tied and couldn't deny what he feels for him.

He took one step closer, and Yi Bo flinched back. He tried another step, and Yi Bo's terrified eyes stared at him, "I-I can't..."

With those few words, Zhan's hand dropped to his side as his heart splinters into a thousand pieces.

"I-I'm sorry!" Yi Bo hurriedly said before dashing out of the room.

For the first time after so long, Zhan felt sting in his sockets, then warm liquids flowed unceasingly from his eyes. Words could not explain the pain of rejection he feels but worse is the thought that he couldn't turn back time and reverse what had happened.

He should have known that confession was a risky gamble, and now, he had lost him. He couldn't even be by his side.

There could no longer be Zhan-ge and Bo-di. Everything they have and shared have been lost because of it.

'What can be worse than this?'

----------
Author's note:
Are you disappointed? 😭
Is it too long?
Did you feel broken after reading this?
Was the feeling not enough?
Was my way of writing confusing?
Please share your thoughts, so I can improve 🙏

Love lots,
Your Desperate Author
🤣😂🤭

One more chapter for The Seeker! This time, Zhan will start his seeking-role 😂

Vote this chapter and comment, please!

Unfortunately, we're down to #77 in the bromance category.

22&23-Feb-2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 9K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
983K 41.3K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
219K 12.7K 12
Even married people have arguments and fights. Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan is not an exemption. | A Short Story | Wonderful cover by @soymiiik ♡ [I don't...
60.6K 3K 40
What if two of the biggest and richest families of China who are also known as rivals', youngest sons fall in love with each other? Yibo, a cold yet...