R+E

By honeybeeapples

r+e a reddie story about how both richie and eddie are gay for each other but are so deep into the closet the... More

chapter 1

chapter 2

9 3 0
By honeybeeapples

r+e, chapter 2

lowercase intended

started february 08th, 2020

---

“girly boy!” bowers voice taunted eddie as he walked alone to his next class. richie left him to go to the bathroom, and now he was left to deal with him alone.

“leave me alone bowers, i’m not in the mood,” eddie snapped as he tried to hurry his way to his next period.

“aw, did fairy boy leave you for some other flamer? all alone now, ‘eds’,” patrick joined in on the taunting, using richie’s nickname for him against him.

eddie slowly became more annoyed with bower’s gang as they continued, getting pissed that patrick thought it was funny to use chee’s nickname for him. he stood his ground, doing his best to not give them a reaction.

bowers went up to him and shoved him hard, “oh, giving us the silent treatment now, huh faggot?”

eddie stumbled back a little bit, feeling his back slightly brush the lockers. he noticed that the hallways slowly got emptier and emptier, and he slowly began to panic. where was richie??

bowers continued to taunt eddie, shoving him and continuing to call him unpleasant names. eddie tried to handle this, he knew bowers could be worse and he was lucky this was it, but he needed richie there now, someone to make him feel safe. the halls were empty now, classes started long ago and richie was still not to be seen.

eddie felt bowers getting bored with him, and hoped that meant he would leave him alone. all the while he kept looking around for anyone, just anyone would do fine for him.

it dawned on eddie that bowers was getting more aggressive with his shoves and started to raise his voice, telling eddie that he would probably not get out of this soon unless someone interferes. 

bowers sighed and then yelled at eddie, spitting all over his face. eddie started to hyperventilate, quickly wiping his face. germs, germs, germs, germs!

he started to open his fanny pack but bowers quickly stopped him by grabbing his arm, “hey, little faggot, don’t like that, huh?” bowers then kicked eddie to the ground and spat in his face, “hey patrick, i’m bored lets go find someone else,” he said, looking at the small boy that was curled on the ground, trying to wipe the spit off of his face.

eddie heard two footsteps walk away from him and slowly fade away. he tried to continue wiping spit off of his face, even though it was long gone. he took his shaky hand and reached into his fanny pack for his inhaler, but fumbling over it and dropping it multiple times. he didn’t hear anyone come closer to him until someone grabbed his inhaler and brought it to his mouth.

“hey, eds. deep breaths, okay?” richie’s voice softly told eddie, slowly rubbing eddie’s arm.

“rich?” eddie said as soon as the inhaler left his mouth.

“yeah, it’s me, eddie, you’re okay,” richie smiled at him and helped him up, “what happened?”

“fucking bowers,” eddie spat out, still wiping his face. he opened up his fanny pack and grabbed out sanitary wipes and wiped all over his face.

“what’d he do to your face?” richie asked, amused by eddie.

“spat on me, the disgusting dickhead,” the short boy responded, continuing to walk with richie to an unknown destination.

richie shook his head and continued walking with eddie following close behind. the front doors of the school were soon in front of them, and richie went through without hesitation.

“wait wait wait! what are you doing richie?!” eddie panicked.

“ditching?” richie said, almost as if it should’ve been obvious.

“we are not doing that,” eddie said, standing his ground and crossing his arms.

“are too”

“are not!”

“that’s not what your mom said last night,” richie said, winking.

“that’s disgusting richie!” eddie snapped back at richie.

“c’mon eds, live a little,” richie begged.

eddie looked at richie a little longer and sighed, “don’t call me eds,” he said, following richie in defeat.

richie just smiled and continued on his way, with eddie following closely behind.

they walked all around town, getting bored eventually. richie then disappeared on eddie, freaking him out. he started to look for richie everywhere, and then caught sight of the tall boy after turning a corner.

“richie!!” eddie called out to the coal haired boy.

richie turned around and smiled immediately as his blue eyes caught sight of eddie, “eds!!”

eddie caught up with richie, trying to catch his breath, “you walk too fast!”

richie’s eyes gleamed with amusement, “or maybe you walk too slow,” the taller boy teased, pushing up his coke bottle glasses.

eddie looked up and glared, “you also talk too much, trashmouth,” eddie responded, rolling his eyes.

“aww, admit it, you love me eds,” richie looked down at the asthmatic as they continued walking.

“do not,” eddie denied, “and don’t call me eds!”

richie laughed, “aw, are you upset eddie bear?” richie teased while pinching eddie’s checks.

eddie scoffed, “really richie!!!” eddie whined, pushing the messy haired boy away.

richie sighed and looked down solemnly, “fine then, spaghetti man, looks like i’ll be rougher with mrs. k tonight, just to get this hurt out” he placed his hand over his heart and acted heartbroken.

eddie slapped richie’s arm, “that is so not funny,” he crossly looked at richie.

richie laughed and they continued walking in silence. it wasn’t awkward, like many people would think. it was a silence between two best friends, both hopelessly in love with each other, but both being too afraid to admit it. they both wished they could be together, but the world around them shamed such acts, that they were scared into silence.

“hey...do you have any plans for the future?” richie broke the silence, becoming very serious all of a sudden. eddie’s mind drifted to the memory of bev telling him that he was the only thing richie was serious about. at the time he ignored it but now it was nagging at his mind.

“not really, i might go move to new york,” eddie responded, shrugging. richie looked at eddie smiling a little, but his eyes looked a little sad.

“really? i still want to go to california. i might become a comedian.” richie responded, “remember when we talked about running away to cali?” he added, looking a little sad by the memory.

“yeah, i do,” eddie responded, looking up at richie with his natural soft puppy dog eyes, “why did you bring that up?”

richie looked away from eddie’s grey blue eyes, “oh, just because it was on the same topic of moving away from derry i guess,” he said, not wanting to tell eddie the truth.

“did you...um, did you want to still do that? is that why you brought it up?” eddie asked, nudging richie a little bit.

richie looked over at the smaller boy. he looked at his soft hair, his soft eyes and long eyelashes. eddie had a soft button nose and a soft, round face. his lips were soft and plump. eddie’s face was nothing but soft, and this is not the first time richie noticed that. and richie loved that. he loved the softness of eddie’s face, the softness his heart felt towards eddie.

“a little, yeah, i kinda still want to run away with you to california.” richie answered honestly, not being able to lie to eddie’s face.

“oh,” eddie answered, and they fell back into silence, this time, eddie standing a little closer to richie.

-timeskip-

“richie---aah, you asshole!” eddie yelled at richie as he was sprayed with water.

after school had ended, the losers all went to bill’s house for a water gun fight since it was a warm mid-spring afternoon. they all filled up water guns and got to spraying others to make them soak.

richie smiled, mischief clear in his eyes, “come and get me, eddie!!” he yelled as he started to run past eddie, spraying him a second time.

eddie huffed and smiled, chasing after richie. he sprayed ben who was getting attacked by stan and bev, and helped bill out of the corner mike trapped him in.

richie and eddie ran into the backyard, continuing to spray and run after each other.

“got you!” richie said as he trapped eddie in the corner of the fence.

eddie sprayed richie in the face, stunning richie. he quickly tried to run away, but was caught by richie’s arm. they both fell down into a tangle of limbs.

“ow! fuck, are you okay eds?” richie asked, putting a hand to eddie’s cheek as he got up.

“yeah, yeah, i’m fine, rich,” eddie said as he got up, “and don’t call me eds,” he added with a glare.

richie just smiled and helped eddie check for any scrapes before heading back into the front yard.

---

end chapter 2

a/n - woo!!! chapter 2(cry. i dare you) is finished! i am writing this on my school chromebook with only 2% on it so i’m trying to make this fast. i hope this is enough for a chapter…

later update for this author's note... sorry this came a little later then it should have!! chapter 3 is already being worked on, so i hope that'll come out on the day it's finished instead of like 5 days after...

anyway!!! that’s it!!! byeee!!!!!

finished february 14th, 2020

1578 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.4K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
489K 17.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
1M 33.9K 61
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
978K 37K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...