Regretful Love (KaitoXRinXLen)

By RinShippingStories

WARNING THIS FANFICTION HAS ANGST AND NSFW. The vocaloid are a successful group with so many fans and suppor... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Ending 2.a
Ending 2.b

Part 2

209 5 1
By RinShippingStories

Today the delivery arrived from the vocaloid favourite bakery. Miku indulged herself in her simple cake sprinkled with chopped leeks that she put on herself, squealing at every taste. Meiko enjoyed herself with her wine seared apple tart same with Luka with her tuna cupcakes. Len had his banana cake and ate it with big bites as he played on his guitar at the couch.

Outside the house, sitting at a glass table sat Kaito and Rin. Kaito was enjoying his icecream cake as he sat across Rin at the table outside who had her orange flower cake. Taking a bite of the cake, Rin smiled happily, her cheeks tinted in a rosy colour. Holding her cheek in the other, she savoured the flavour of the caramelized orange flower sugar mixed with the non sweet cream. She was happy for the one time treat.

Kaito watched as she ate, chuckling.  Sipping on her tea to wash the sweetness down, she watched the leafs fall down the tree. She sighed ever so happily, enjoying the scene of the garden and eating this treat and her favourite tea in the gentle chill breeze. "Hey, what's that, Rin-chan?" Miku asked at the door way pointing at her drink.

"Oh this? It's tea." Rin replied.

"I never drink tea, it's always milk for me with mine!" Miku said, bringing her cake to the outside table. "Can I sit here? I don't think I can stay inside in peace from Luka and Meiko-nee teasing me!"   

"Of course, it's a lovely weather outside right now." Rin said. "How is your ice cream cake, onii chan?"   

"Hm? Oh, it's good." He smiled.   

"But you're not eating so much like you always do." Rin pointed out.   

"Ah, about that...." Kaito said, not sure if he should say it was because he was too busy watching how happy she looked eating her cake.

Miku watched the two, already somewhat feeling a little left out and quickly butted in. "Hey, onii chan, can I taste what yours taste like?" She asked.   

"H-huh? Oh, um, sure!" Kaito said.

"I already had a taste, it's not like any ice cream you had before! It's more creamy and amazing! It even has real vanilla beans in it!" Rin said as Miku took a bite.

"Whoa, it's true!" She said mind blown. "How come ice creams like this aren't commonly around?!"

"Maybe this one was made specially and carefully handmade." Rin hummed.

Kaito sat gingerly as they chatted away, the peace completely gone and filled with what turned into girl talk that he couldn't figure out as a guy. But since they were so close, he didn't dare barge into their conversation and let them be.

"I finished my cake already." Miku whined a little in her tone, looking sadly down at her cake.   

"Oh well there's always next time." Rin said, thankful that her cake was small otherwise she would get bloated or a sore stomach from eating something heavy after a tiny clean diet.     

"Next time I'll order a bigger cake!" Miku cheered as Rin giggled.     

"But your cake was already big enough?...." Everyone in the house except the two girls thought.

Rin sighed in relaxation as she merged into her milk bath. The soft music played through the radio as she rolled around the rose petals on her fingers, staring at it in silence.

"Perhaps maybe I could ask Master for physio too." Rin thought, remembering her teacher recommendation and advice. She snacked away on dry fruit snacks slowly as she read a women's magazine. Cooking recipes, cosmetics, advertisements to donate clothes, and fashion advice filled her thoughts. The girl in the picture wearing a chanel clothes looked so dazzling, that she could think of wearing it too in a special occasion with her hair in a bun held with a black barrette. That would be wonderful!

The door knocked and Rin blinked out of her thoughts. "Rin is in here!" She called out, adjusting her position in the bath. 

"Oh, sorry Rin-chan." Kaito said.   

"Oh you're back, Onii chan? It's fine, you need a shower right? I can get out now." Rin said.   

"No don't worry, take as much as you need to. I'll just take the on down stairs." He chuckled. "I know you're trying to treat your sores. I only need a quick shower."   

"Okay then." Rin called, humming away. 

It was a nice mid afternoon when master announced for a meeting for all the vocaloids. Everyone bustling about in their seats on what was going on. Rin was a little tired from having to quickly getting changed from her figure skating outfit after only just arriving back home and wondered what it was that had to make everyone meet.

"Everyone, there's something that I want to announce. All of you together, have grown so independent and so strong. We have fans, merchandises, collabs, everything. We have gone so far. And because of that, with you all not needing me anymore,  you guys have to find a partner. A partner for you to 'marry' as if pair up I guess. Someone to stay by your side always and to have each other's support. I'll give you all a month. The Utaus are doing this too, btw."

Everyone squealed and busted into chatter. Miku squealed, blushing with her hands to her mouth. "Marry? With like a wedding?" She excitingly thought. Who would propose to her? She slowly looked at Kaito's handsome broad figure across her, and hid her face in her legs which curled up in her seat.

Len's face grow hot at the thought of kissing someone during the wedding. He immediately looked at Rin who sat straight on her seat, sitting and looking blankly ahead, looking quite pretty and feminine with her bright coral pink dress. He found himself staring at her, and quickly snapped out of his trance, only to unable to, immediately knowing who he wanted to ask.

Rin felt a little hesitant about the ordeal and looked down with a finger to her lips hesitantly in thought. She wasn't ready for something deep of and she wondered if it would affect on her ballet and figure skating. Would she have to constantly be by their side? What about her practices? Would she still be able to achieve in her dream? Can't this happen AFTER she is done? And what if she didn't want to be in a intimate and committed relationship? Intimate as if in private and personal?

Kaito watched Rin the whole time and could read what she was thinking. He too felt as if this came in a wrong time for her. But he couldn't help himself to think of proposing to anyone, except her. 

Rin was making lunch for everyone one day. As she had been making her own food, she had began to cook more often. Everyone was doing their own thing while waiting for the food except Len who sat by the kitchen table watching her cook. He watched the way she gracefully moved around the kitchen with the noise of her cooking quietly along with her humming. Relaxed and in trance by her humming, he felt his heart flutter and his body full of comfort and warmth.

The air was filled with delicious smells and Rin twirled around, taking plates to the table and Len found himself mentally humming along with her voice. "Lunch is ready everyone!" She called. Everyone crowded to the table as Len blinked and followed her to the kitchen.

He placed a hand on hers to stop her from touching the sink. "Don't bother doing the dishes, eat first." He told. "I'm fine, I already ate." Rin said, taking her hand away ever so casually, hoping he wasn't going to question her way of eating. "Then eat more. You can't always feed yourself off on that diet." Len said.

"I'll eat whatever and how much I want thank you very much!" She said, smoothly dodging him and took the juice out of the fridge and he winced, realizing his tone came a little judgemental. "Does anyone want juice?"

"Meeee!" Luka giggled with her hands raised along with everyone. 

"Okay, here I come!~" Rin chirped and she gracefully poured juice into cups. "Wow, Rin-chan! How is it that you look so graceful and elegant in everything you do?" Meiko asked. "Oh, I-I am?" Rin asked, a little tense at their noticing. "Yes you are." She nodded.

"It's because she's older now, and her feminine side is developing!" Luka said wiping a tear. "I, myself, have gone through it too, but it just feels too sad to watch our little cheeky cutie Rin-chan grow so fast already!~" Rin laughed nervously but her hands cringed at Luka's dramatic-ness and the topic.

The whole month, everyone was on edge or full of wonder and excitement about the masters announcement. Miku daydreamed all day, while looking at wedding photos on the internet thinking of wear a beautiful white dress with Kaito. She sighed here and there, waiting for the month to be over already for Kaito to ask her out.

"You look as if you've been very happy lately, Miku-chan." Meiko said.

"Perhaps it's because of the whole marriage thing that master announced." Luka laughed. "Who do you want to be partners with, Miku-chan?"

Miku giggled and spun around. "Oh, you would see~" she said happily leaving the room.  "How cute." Luka said.     "Who are you going out with, Luka-San?" Meiko asked. "Has Gakupo been acting all shy around you?"     "Pfft, him? I don't know....what about you, Meiko-san? Has Kiyoteru-san been in touch with you?" Luka asked. "Nope. I'm not exactly sure myself." Meiko shrugged.

Len sat on his bed, staring at the little box with a golden ring with a tiny diamond on it. He went to the jewelry shop and found this classic ring that he couldn't help but think of Rin, knowing this would look the best on her. But now there was the hard part. Asking her. He always had a hard time expressing his happy feelings to someone so close and radiant like Rin. But he wanted to make sure to be on his best, gentlest, kind behaviour to her from now on--his true inner feelings to her.

Len tried to imagine himself with a gentle expression, only to smack his own face in his palms and groan in frustration. "Why is this so hard....." he mumbled.

He decided to go downstairs but on his way, he found Rin outside with a sketchbook. Out of curiosity, he walked closer than looked over her shoulder through the window to see her sketching the garden. "Wow, that's actually pretty good. Since when did Rin get so much better? So she liked to draw?" Len thought, flashbacking to the times when Rin doodled Len a squiggly picture of him out of laughs.

He quietly sneaked away and thought of getting her art supplies that she would like.

"Right, everyone, you all know what this meeting is for now, right?" Master announced.

Every single vocaloid were there dressed in their best. Miku's heart was racing as she struggled to sit still on her chair. Len made sure to sit right next to Rin, with his heart pounding against his chest. Kaito sat beside Rin as well, with a calm smiley expression. Rin herself wasn't as excited, thinking about her ballet and her figure skating training only. And Meiko and Luka were cooly relaxed at their own seats like queens.

"Has everyone found who they like and want to choose already? Alright, everybody stand at any of the two walls here in this room and when I call your name, you ask whoever you want to be with--and if they say no, tough luck. If they yes, congratulations and go and sit back in your seats. This is weird I know, but it's for everyone to know who is taken or not." Master called.

Everyone did as he told them. Rin kept her head slightly down the whole time as she walked to a whatever wall and hoped that no one would choose her. Len followed her without her noticing one bit and stood beside her with his hands on his pockets. Miku watched Kaito the time as she waited patiently as she could. 

"Right, first up, is Kiyoteru Hiyama...." Master called. Someone in the crowd jumped and a teacher looking very nervous walked to the centre of the room, scratching the back of his head with all the attention on him, but he sucked it up and said outloud. "I...thought I'd choose miss Meiko!"

Meiko swore in her seat, but blushed as she walked to the centre to him. Everyone cheered as they sat together at the seats. It went on and on, with everyone cheering and clapping. "Kaito shion, come up. Who do you like?" Master asked. Everyone watched as the handsome man walked to the centre, ooh-ing at his masculine appearance, eager to know who he liked.

Miku patted down her dress that she chose to wear carefully and got ready to walk calmly, taking deep breaths. Len watched Kaito expectingly from the side relaxed and expectantly. "I have chosen, to have Rin Kagamine by my side!" Kaito said in a loud clear voice.

"Eh?" Miku froze at her step as she was just about to walk and stood there in a lopsided position as everyone cheered.     

"H-hah....?" Len's mouth dropped open as disbelief was drawn all over his face.

All while Rin stood in there in surprise as everyone around her clapped and made way for her as she blinked. She couldn't really believe and or accept that she really was chosen, with Kaito? Realizing that she was just standing, she hurriedly walked to the middle, her white heels clicking against the marble floor, where Kaito stood who welcomed her with a endearing smile and hand, reminding her the time he asked to practice with her.

She blank mindedly placed her hand in his as she looked around, a little shocked at the congratulations that she was receiving from everyone. "Kagamine Rin," Rin looked up to see Master high up on the podium and handed her a tiara and a crown  to Kaito. "Look what we've have here, a prince and his little princess. Congratulations, Rin-chan. I hope you will do well with Kaito and Kaito, you best take care of her." He said looking at Kaito.      

"I promise." Kaito smiled as Rin glanced between them. She was spaced out of her mind in confusion, but when it finally sank in that Kaito asked her out, she blushed madly with her heart racing. Rin turned around again at the crowd, holding against Kaito's arm.   

"But she first has to confirm, right? Rin-chan, do you accept Kaito's proposal?" Master asked as everyone quieted down. Proposal? So now this means she is asked if she wanted to be with someone forever, right? With intimate, commitment, love and other deeper feelings.

She looked at Kaito's kind face. Kaito was a reliable, cool person. Not also that but he was kind inside and outside and really handsome. He had always been there for her, proving it won't be bad if she went with him and he wouldn't interfere with her lessons and dreams. "Yes, I accept." Rin said with a shy smile.

Everyone cheered again as she and Kaito hugged, with her face buried to his chest. She hoped that her make up wasn't going to smear against his shirt but.......Her heart fluttered and she blushed again. Kaito's laugh got her attention and remembered that he was beside her seeing her face, making her blush even more and shyly hide it, to which Kaito held her in his arms again for her comfort.

Rin could only wish that she had worn something better than just a faint pink white dress with matching medium heel Mary janes, choker and a flower ribbon handband.

Len stared in disbelief as he struggled to put together everything that just happened. When the two left the room, he trudged through the hallways and saw Rin who was walking through the corridors.

He sped up and grabbed her wrist. "Rin!! You accepted Kaito's confession when he asked you out??" Len exclaimed as Rin frightened by the sudden movement, spun around to look at him. "What? Yes, I did. Why?" She asked, surprised at his negative reaction.

"Why would you accept his proposal??" Len asked.

"What are you so mad about? I just asked you why you're so mad and you just yell me at again! So what if I did? He and I like each other! What, were you going to ask me out too?" Rin yelled back, ripping her wrist away, just as harshly as he grabbed it. "I'm sorry if you were, because, well--you're just not for me, Len. You're just a close friend who master just so happened to made to look like me and I never felt anything towards you than just thinking of you as my family. And also, you're not the type of masculine guy that I like!"

"What?" Len exclaimed, shocked at what she thought of him.

"You heard it clearly didn't you? I thought you would be happy, but I guess not! And if that's so, you can just mind your own business and stay away!" Rin said, twirling around and left.

Earlier, Miku watched Rin excused herself and went out of the room somewhere. Kaito chose her younger sister-like best friend?! She couldn't believe it and clumsily pushed through the crowd, following Kaito to the door. "Kaito-onii chan!!" Miku yelled.     

"Huh? Miku-chan? What's wrong?" Kaito asked, turning his body to half face her.   

"You proposed to Rin-chan?!" Miku exclaimed.     

"Yes, I did. Why? What's wrong with it?" He asked again.     

"Why would you ask HER?" She asked.

"What do you mean? I asked her because I love her. What are you so angry about it? Did you think I would ask you?" Kaito said.

Miku stopped, taking his innocent question the wrong way and fought back her tears. "Oh no, of course not! Whatever!" Miku snapped, her hands in the air as she stomped off.

"Rin, you're going out with oniichan?" Miku yelled, walking into Rin's room where Rin was, about to place her flowers down on a vase.

"Eh? Yes I am. Why, what's wrong?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

"How?? How--what made him propose to you??" She asked.

"Hm? I don't know, but, I'm so happy. He promised me that he'd be there for me no matter what and said that....I was the most prettiest in the world to him and...." Rin gushed, shyly clasping her hands together with her bouquet as she stared down at her Kaito doll. Miku's mouth dropped wide open and she angrily stormed past her. 

Kaito sat there dumbfounded and furrowed his eyebrows in an annoyance until Rin came in. "Hello oniichan. Have you seen Miku-nee? She looked rather angry and past me before I could chat with her." Rin said.     

"Ugh, it's nothing." Kaito said, shaking his head as he motioned her to come to him. Rin hesitated a little, but walked into his arms and hugged him, and squealed when he pulled her incredibly close to him. "O-oniichan...." she whispered, while blushing furiously.     

"What's wrong? You don't like it?" Kaito asked. "No, of course not! It's just that I never been held like this by you before." Rin blushed. She squeaked when he planted a kiss on her forehead. "Haha, well, because we're together, you'll have to get used to it." He said. "Rin-chan, you dont have to force yourself into this you know. I chose you because you because I liked you and I felt as if you were more close to me than anyone else, but your comfort matters so if you don't want to, tell me."

"Kaito...." Rin was surprised. Kaito WAS a good person. She smiled and hugged him. "At first I was scared because I didn't want to really be with a partner because.....I thought it would end up....ruining my ballet practices and everything. I wanted it to come later after I've done everything I liked. But then when you asked me out, I realized there was you the whole time and I remembered the times you looked after me and supported me. You were also the one that I felt closest to too." Rin said, looking down at her hands.     

"But did you love me?" Kaito asked.     

"I did, I guess. Like, a puppy crush because I thought there was no way we'd end up together and you liked someone else taller and prettier" Rin said, shrugging.

"And we're together now. How does that feel?" Kaito asked, leaning into her face. "I guess like a dream. A happy dream that you feel as if it still feels like it's not real once you wake up." She said. Kaito laughed. "Funny, because it's the same for me too."

Later when everyone had chosen, every pair went out to dates or spend time together. Len was still in disbelief as he watched Rin and Kaito together walked downstairs dressed up and going out the door, hand in hand. He snuck out of the room earlier to follow Rin where she had excused to only to find that he was unable to because Kaito also left the room to wait for Rin.

Unknowingly himself, he followed them outside and watched as Rin get into his car and the two drive  off to the distance. Finally when his mind returned back to his body, he physically felt his heart tear into two and tighten his chest. Who he felt like she belonged to him and who he felt like he belonged to was gone just like that, a reminder to not to get ahead of himself and think that she liked him just as he did to her.

He trudged heavily upstairs to his room and slammed his door closed, breathing painfully into his hands as he slumped against the door to the floor. If he wanted her, he would have shown it so in the first place, but he was too stubborn. Now Kaito came and swept her away with him like that behind his back--Kaito. He was a handsome, strong and cool guy. Of course Rin would like him more. No one would go out with someone without knowing them unless they were cool as Kaito.

Len tightened his fist where his nail dug into his palms. "No, they don't belong together. Rin is supposed to be with me! We're the kagamine duo, we were made to be together as a duel voice provider!!" He angrily thought. "It makes sense for a pretty girl like ti be with someone cooler, but I hate that!! I'm going to separate them. I'll make them never see each other again. Yeah, that's it! I'll do that."

Miku sniffled as she lay on her stomach, her face buried in her pillow, ignoring the skin between her nose and her upper lip stinging from wiping her nose with her sleeve so frequently. "Why would he choose Rin-chan?? It makes it so much harder that she's my sister and my bestfriend who's always been there for me!!" She angrily yelled. "Wasn't I always the one who was pretty and cute?"

A voice in her head told her 'but Rin always been more charming, adorable, radiant, glowing and bright like a warm blanket of sunlight, don't you think? She's always had more stronger vocals and was pretty compared to you, where you just famous for looks and being used so frequently by composers.'

Was that why Kaito chose Rin? For her down to earth self, her skills, her radiant and glowing charms and her always bright smiles? Unlike her, who always had a pride of having fans fall for her, have all the spotlight, spoilt with attention without needing much effort and is hardly ever hardworking as everyone think she is? No, that can't be true!! She's always been hardworking! She practiced everyday singing for the sake of more new songs for everyone!!!!

"I have to find out why onii-chan chose Rin-chan over ME, and get him back!!" She determinedly growled.

At her room, Rin sat at her bed sadly. Oh why did she say something like that to Len? She never cared about how he looked and all that she could think was that how could Len talk as if it were his business. But she couldn't help it when he was so angry and she wanted him to tell her why, only for him still yell at her especially when it doesn't include him in it!

Well, she didn't have time to deal with any of him, so it would be his own loss when he still has a problem. It didn't help they shared the same room and she was ignoring him. It was silent and she couldn't hear a single thing or movement from his side of the room strangely.

Moving the thoughts aside, she hugged the big teddy bear plush one of the toys Kaito won for her at the carnival as she lay down on her bed, squishing the bear's hand. The rest of the toys surrounded her bed and she already attached the keychains from the carnival on her bags. She couldn't help but remember the fun they had at their first date. Kaito looked so good looking in his black jacket and they had fun at the rides, playing the games, watching the performances, looking at the aquariums, having yummy food and taking so many pictures.

She giggled at the most specific memory where she bet she could hit the target where if it was hit, the person sitting on their underneath it would get water poured onto them--which, she won. Rin just then remembered they held hands the whole time, making her blush hard, squeezing onto the teddy as she but back her squeals. 

Len on the other hand, could only look at the curtain between them as he sat with his knees to his chest in a tank top on his bed. He could only play sad songs on his guitar with his headphones so that he wouldn't bother her. He kept thinking how he saw her happily come back home with toys and dance with Kaito at the party in their house. She smiled so angelicly as she fed him pizza in his arms while dancing and swaying to the calm music.

Kaito on the hand looked like he won a prize, his face full of grins. He could imagine himself in her place, her lying her head on his shoulder after eating heartily in celebration in a satin sky blue dress. Out of grief he wrote songs from his heart only to leave the music notes on his desk untouched and turning to just looking at the blank wall in silence instead. If only it were easy, but there was no way of breaking the two up.

They matched in every way that he hink that she and him would despite his denial. He was divided into two emotions—A mix of anger and denial, and just sadness. There was no one else that he could think of that could warm his heart than Rin. He could throw away his position in the vocaloid if it meant to just be with her. Just to be popular was meaningless now. He felt so alone and empty without her. 

The hot steam swarmed around the bathroom as Rin scanned through her basket of body soaps, shampoos, hair conditioners and hair treatments. "I'll choose this one." She mumbled picking up a bottle of strawberry body soap, squirting it onto the scrub ball, singing away softly.

After cleaning her body, she picked up the banana hair treatment and frowned, remembering the whole chaos again. "Why does out of all things, Len's favourite thing has to be a banana??" She thought, sighing as she put it down picked another hair treatment bottle. "I'll have the lily green tea instead."

When she was done showering, she washed her face one more time to make sure with her face foam cleanser and micellar water. "Hah! My face face feels so much better!" Rin smiled at her reflection in the mirror.

Her phone made a bell sound, to which she picked up and read the message from Kaito. 'I made something for you to have as a treat in the kitchen. Come down!'  Rin sighed, not wanting to eat anymore after eating so much during their date and at the party, but the fact she could he put lots of effort into this too, she couldn't put him down.

She tightened her robe before cleaning her things back into her basket and bag before slipping into her slippers and walking out the bathroom.

"What is it?" She asked as she went to the kitchen. Kaito smiled at her and she couldn't help how handsome he looked with his dress shirt sleeves rolled up and his bangs a little messy. "I tried making this ice cream for you, it's coffee jelly and with whipped berry cream." He said as she walked into his arms.   

"Oh, it looks so wonderfully made! Did you really make this?" Rin asked, staring at the treat served in a wine glass.   

"I did!" Kaito said, handing a her spoon and she scooped an equal amount of coffee and cream before putting it into her mouth.     

"Mmmm!!!! It's very good!" Rin exclaimed with her hand over her mouth. "I thought that the coffee jelly would be bitter but it's actually very mild and it works well with the berry cream. But it tastes like something else too?"   

"That's right, I added a bit of hazelnut essence to it because I knew you wouldn't like anything bitter." He chuckled. "That's good to know that you like it. Let's eat it together here."     

"Okay!" Rin smiled shyly as they sat together on the kitchen stools. 

RinShippingStories: 

Len apparently thinks Rin likes Kaito because he's handsome and cool. Nope, it's because he's very caring and supportive!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 500 34
"I've always been into older women, Miku" I say with a knowing smirk, watching as her teal innocent eyes widen in shock. 《《《《》》》》 In which Hatsune M...
252 9 7
Miku and Rin are inseparable best friends who live in a town by the beach, sea side. With Miku's parents too busy at work, she and Rin together play...
1.3K 28 10
(Mostly a bunch of silly little drabbles, but there will still be a smidge of plot! And also don't question how the Voc live in the real world while...
24.4K 995 12
This is a fanfiction about rin and len as a couple so if you prefer them as twins then this is not for you. I do not own vocaloid or the pictures or...