The Monarchy The Burning Lands

By TickyAnarch

As an unknown army sweeps across the monarchy destroying one kingdom at a time and burning them to the ground... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Book Two: The plateau Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter SIx
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-SIx
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Capter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-five

Chapter Nine

25 0 0
By TickyAnarch

"The dark death is sweeping across the land again. it is more vicious than ever-"

"I'm aware" Queen Galvin nods her head as the man in Galvin armor keeps his head bowed and talks to the floor.

"with respect, my lady. we should report this to the king-"

"he is busy and I am a Galvin."

"yes, but you are not the king." the soldier shifts his eyes and the other soldiers behind the man nod agreeing as the Queen looks over the men and states angered by the men.

"I am the Queen!" she yells it standing tall above the soldiers and she nods to them.

"I am also the only non-bastard Galvin in this whole monarch-"

"not true..." A voice raises and the young lady Glavin walks in eyeing her elder sister. the men in the room bow their heads deeply and the young Galvin princess motions to her elder sister.

"We do have the same mother sister and I thought it would be a good time to announce my, my decision." she shifts nervously and the queen stares her down.

"Decision on what?"

"my ceremony."

"yes, well that is held at the end of the week sister-"

"It won't be necessary. I have already chosen my husband."

"oh, and which lord will be gracing Galvin?"

the young lady Glavin motions back and the doors open as Alvis walks in wearing the full Galvin colors in the long navy blue robes. all the men in the room get to a knee and the Queen turns her head asking.

"Alvis?" he stops inches away from the queen and her eyes stay fix on the crown formally worn by Dorian and her blood runs cold thinking of her father. Alvis turns his head keeping the crown on and the queen asks.

"What is this?"

"Alvis will be my husband and is, therefore, the crown prince of Galvin....."  Alvis slowly takes off the crown placing it down on a finely placed pillow held by a peasant. He keeps his eyes fixated on it and shifts his eyes back to the queen showing her respect with a small bow as he speaks.

"my queen I felt Dorian's former crown would be a fitting choice as we both survived the torture" his eyes shift as he glances over all the soldier in the room down on a knee showing him respect. his lips cruel into a small smirk and he steps behind his future wife showing his respect for her as he speaks to the queen.

"I am simply doing my duty. to deny a Galvin bride would surely end badly for me-"

"it would." His younger sister states as she shifts her eyes and Alvis nods agreeing as he speaks to the queen.

"then I would never deny her Queen but I wanted to be sure you understood my position here and why-"

"I see." The queen states cutting the conversation short as she turns her head as she states coldly.

"I don't honestly wish to see your face, Alvis. your disgusting, vile and after what you did-"

"that is why I came before you, Queen." He bows his head showing his sister respect and states outright.

"I wish for permission to travel again as your hand, forever-"

"my hand?" The Queen asks sounding surprised and Alvis lifts his eyes speaking softly.

"We are Galvin we have to stay strong for this monarch, and of course for the other....investment" he states outright and the queen turns her head as she states.

"you speak of the first land."

"of course which is why I ask you to name me your hand. I will represent your interests, the Galvin's interests."

The Queen sits back and stares down Alvis as Alvis comments.

"you will need a representative at the warden meeting. it cannot be Ruck, that leaves me, Knox or luke. Luke is young and he doesn't quite understand things, Knox can give a shit about anything and me well I do owe a debt..."

Alvis gets to one knee and bows his head aksing.

"I am asking you to let me prove myself, to gain the Galvin's trust again"

"Why should I, Alvis?" The queen stares him down and Alvis glances around at the guards and asks outright.

"can we have a closed throne, my queen?"

the queen glances around and motions off to the guards who step out and Alvis motions back to his younger sister.

"you as well."

"me?" his younger sister crosses her arms and Alvis motions to the door.

"Please, this is personal..." The younger Galvin shifts and motions to Alvis as she demands.

"meet in my chambers after." Alvis bows his head to the girl and watches her exit as the Queen asks.

"you scared of her finding out what you did to me?"  Alvis shifts his body towards the queen and whispers.

"It brings me shame what I did. she looks up to me as a good model-"

"you are a pathetic model of a man Alvis. petty, and willing to do anything to get your way and I honestly fear for my sister and her bad choice."

Alvis turns his head staring his sister down as he whispers.

"I would not hurt her-"

"of course you would." the queen stares her brother down and Alvis looks up as he states.

"I promise. I would never-"

"your promises are worthless. you promised father loyalty and when the chance arose you had Ruck suffocate him" Alvis takes a deep breath in and the queen leans forward.

"maybe I should choose Knox-"

"that would be a mistake..."

"you want my hand to be a rapist, a murderer?" the queen asks sounding upset.

"that is every Galvin man to grace this monarchy and trust me Knox's hands are far from clean. the stories about him run very wild in this monarchy. my doings are far more discrete. hell you will not find a clean man in this entire monarchy"

"Edmond O'Sullivan-"

Alvis lets out a small laugh and stares down his sister.

"Edmond?"

"my hand has to be a Galvin-"

"yes, but-"

"no Edmond is a good man-"

"he is sick, weak and not to mention the dark death. to ally yourself with such a, a barbarian."

"you don't believe that Alvis. you are friends with Archibald."

"yes, but the tales tell otherwise and the tales will show you chose him. my lady, it will not make you look good. chose me and I will represent you fully, all of your interests and I can also keep ruck in line if you wish-"

"you assume I need ruck kept inline-"

"oh, you will. this monarchy is his after all. the soldiers and guards want to see their king but if you give them a figurehead as a man they will listen. they respect me, my lady. I can be your voice as was planned."

"a vote will be held in three weeks' time...."

"A vote?"

"yes, this matter is very important to my monarchy."

"and what is it about?"

 "a women's right to vote."

Alvis turns his head staring down his sister as he asks.

"Are you sure of this?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" the queen leans forward and Alvis defends his stance.

"This kind of vote sister will anger many and draw eyes to the Galvin's eyes you may not want to fall upon this city."

"What eyes do you speak of?"

"the plateau, my lady."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 4 15
War is about to break out across the world, the bickering elites selfishly pay the price of their needs with the blood of their people! Who will stan...
3.7K 518 26
The King of England will stop at nothing to prevent the fulfilment of a prophecy he receives whilst at war in Scotland. Even if that means committing...
1.3M 68.6K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...
428 39 39
( REPUBLISHED ) There be Seven lives, destinies entwined One with lightning will find herself lost Another with broken ties will leave his home A...