Lifeguard

By PierceWithKellic

She knew it was a stupid idea when they suggested it months ago, but she didn't have the heart to tell them w... More

Day 1

Day 2

6 0 0
By PierceWithKellic

Day 2

Breakfast isn't much different from the other times the family have had food together, there isn't much small talk. Either that or it's just that Sophie doesn't really care about what the other people are talking about.

She is too busy just picking around at her plate. She loves breakfast foods don't get her wrong, it's just that her family made her get up really early to eat it. In all honesty she doesn't know why she needs to sit here with them and eat, they are just planning on staying by the pool and then walk up to the shopping centre up the street, when the sun starts to set.

"Aren't you going to eat more?" Charlotte asks her and looks at the small amount of food, it's mostly just fresh fruit and some coconut flakes.

"I don't really do well with eating the first thing in the morning, I think I might just take a walk by the beach and then eat something later." Sophie says standing up from where she is seated, not really ready to force the food inside of her yet.

"Of course, maybe tomorrow we could take a walk together and then go for breakfast." Charlotte smiles and tries to reach out to her step sister.

"Absolutely. I'll meet you guys by the pool later? Save me a sunbed." She says before she leaves the other them to finish their breakfast, she couldn't be happier about the fact that they didn't bother with trying to make her stay.

So without thinking much about it she makes her way down to the little gate by the end of the hotel that leads to the beach walk. She takes out her phone and puts in her headphones and start walking in the direction she knows will lead in to the small town.

The morning sun is warming her skin and she just enjoys the smell of the ocean while she walks by the cliffs looking at all the beautiful wonders that the ocean have created.

She stops when she sees a man down between the cliffs, he doesn't look like he is in trouble or anything like that.

He is cleaning up all the trash that the waves have pushed up on the cliffs during tide. Something about him captures her attention and she finds herself standing there with her hands on the stone wall between her and the cliffs, just watching him doing something so pure.

She takes out her headphones and put them down in her pocket, just standing there listening to the waves hit the rocks.

"He does that every morning." She lets out a small sound, not ready to hear the voice so close to her.

She turns around and look in to a pair of ocean blue eyes, they really mirror the ocean she just looked at. The boy steps forward and rest his arms beside her on the stone wall still looking at her, she recognise him.

"You work at the hotel." She states, realizing she said the words out loud when he flashes her a bright smile.

"That I do." He answers and takes his eyes off from her, looking at the man standing down between to big rocks picking up some plastic cups.

"I'm Alec." He introduce himself.

"Sophie."

They don't say much more, just stand there watching out over the ocean together.

"It was nice meeting you Sophie." Alec says and she can't help but notice that he have an American accent. He moves and she notice that he is on his way to leave, not sure what to say she just says that it was nice meeting him too.

She doesn't stay for much longer down by the ocean, instead she decide to make her way back to the hotel and see if the others are done with their breakfast.

She finds them sitting by the pool playing cards and it looks so normal when you see it.

"How was your walk?" Her father asks her when she reaches them and she can't help but to smile when she thinks back at how it was.

"It was great. I'm going to go get an iced coffee before sitting down, do you guys want something?" She asks and smile at the three other's that have already changed in to their swimwear.

"Oh that sounds nice, I'll have one two." Anna answers and gives her a big smile, she's happy that Sophie is actually seeming like she is enjoying this.

The other two declines the offer and she makes her way to the little coffee stand.

She thanks the man who hands her the two coffees and she just feels so happy about it being an all-inclusive hotel so she doesn't have to have money with her everywhere she goes.

She spends some time by the pool with the others before she decide that now is the time to actually eat breakfast, so she informs the others where she is going and none seem to have a problem with it.

She makes her way to the breakfast buffet and decides to go full out on breakfast foods because she knows that when lunch comes around she won't be able to eat anyway because of the heat.

While sitting there at one of the tables outside she looks out over the pool area and her eyes stops on the blond man who was her company earlier this morning by the ocean.

Their eyes meet and he flashes her a big smile, intrigued with the brown haired girl who he haven't once seen together with anyone else.

He can't help to wonder if she went here alone, he don't think he could ever be so brave and just pack a back and travel alone.

"Hey man keep your eyes on the people in the pool, not the once outside." His friend Parker laughs out when he sees where the blond boy's eyes are.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Alec answer his childhood friend with a smile on his lips, knowing fully well what he was talking about.

Alec takes off the red hoodie because the sun have started to rise higher in the sky so it's defiantly a little too hot to have it on, leaving him in only the white tank top.

"She doesn't look bad, maybe you should get yourself back out there." Parker says from his position laying on a sunbed, spending his day off finding every possible way to annoy Alec.

Parker was the one that got Alec here in the first place, they were neighbours their whole lives and when Parker graduated he took a job here. So now every summer since high school Alec have spent it working here with him.

"You know that it's not a good idea." Alec says giving his friend a look that tells him that he knows why.

"Oh you mean the leaving part? That is the best thing about it all! You can have so many amazing romances but both of you will know it's just a vacation thing. Trust me man that is the best part of it all, no pressure just all the fun." Parker sounds so sure of his words when he says them. He have always been a little bit of a player, while Alec is more a relationship person.

"I don't know man, it doesn't feel like me."

Sophie looks at the blond boy who is chatting to a strawberry blond man who is laying on a sunbed, she can't help but wonder if they know each other or if they just met.

The way their body language is it seems like they are friends, but it's really hard to tell from the distance that is between them.

She takes another sip of her black coffee and let the hot liquid take over her body, feeling the caffeine do the work. There is defiantly a difference between an ice coffee and a good strong black coffee.

She looks through her bag and takes out the book she currently is having with her, it was her mother's favourite love story of all time.

Pride and prejudice.

She remembers how she used to find her mother sitting in the little couch in her small apartment in Paris reading it. She would have a big blanket over her and her hair would be in a messy bun. She always looked so peaceful while sitting there with the book in her hand, it only happened on rainy days.

Her mother always called rainy days the perfect opportunity to read a good book. Her mother was always proud of her for wanting to become a preschool teacher, she understood how important that part of a child's life is for their future.

Something her father doesn't understand. He wishes she would study law and start working at the same law firm as him.

She reads a few pages in the book while eating the last of her breakfast.

After she is done she makes her way back to the others that are laying on the sunbeds trying to get an even tan.

Charlotte is on FaceTime with some of her friends from medical school, talking about things that Sophie doesn't understand.

Alec watches her when she lays down and he realize that she didn't come here on her own, she is here with what he is assuming is family.

"You should go over there and talk to her." Parker keeps nagging him about her, knowing fully well that just because he is annoying doesn't mean he will do as he says.

"I'm working." He knows that Parker doesn't really care about those words, he is picturing Alec having a great summer romance with the brown haired girl that he can't seem to take his eyes off.

"You could be working over there you know. You're a lifeguard, and you have to work all around the pool area." Parker says while wiggling his eyebrows trying to get his point across to his friend.

"Doesn't Cassidy work at the check in desk today? Why don't you go bother her instead?" Alec tries a very poorly attempt to get Parker off his back for a while.

"No she is Playa de los Americas with Amy today." Of course he keeps track of where Cassidy is, she is the only person who makes him want to lose his player ways... not that she is having any of his bullshit.

Hours pass and Sophie is just reading while letting the heat from the sun touch her skin.

She doesn't know about the lifeguard who have had troubles with keeping his eyes off from her, the way she doesn't seem to care about anyone of the people that's with her makes him want to get to know her.

"We're thinking about maybe taking the car and driving around a little tomorrow, do you two girls want to come?" Carter asks Charlotte and Sophie.

"I would love to come, it is always such a great experience seeing the Island." Charlotte says with a huge smile on her face. Sophie on the other hand doesn't really see it the same way.

Sitting in a car for almost the whole day just driving around to look at places isn't really her thing. She likes being able to walk around and enjoy the sun.

"I think I'll stay behind if that is okay with you guys." She says, feeling a little weird about being the only one who doesn't want to participate in the family activities.

"Are you sure? Won't you get lonely?" Anna looks at her with a concern look, worried about the youngest of the girls. She never seem to have a problem with being alone, which is concerning.

"I will be fine, I think I'll just lay here all day reading if I'm honest." Sophie doesn't see anything wrong with it, it's a great way to escape reality.

"If you are sure." Carter says, sounding a little unsure of leaving his eighteen year old daughter alone.

"I'm sure."

When the sun is on the way to set they decide it's time to walk up to the shopping centre and look at all the stores they have.

"I really need to buy new shoes, I don't know what I was thinking when I only took converse with me." Sophie complains when they walk up the really long road, feeling how her feet are killing her. She have never had problems with walking in converse before, why do they have to start now when she is on vacation?

Down at the hotel Alec is putting the last of the lifeguard stuff in the backroom, not needing it now when the pool have closed.

"So what do you say about taking a few drinks in town?" Parker asks Alec with a big smile, he have been with him for almost the whole day. The only time he left was when he was going to get some alcohol for the beach party tomorrow.

"I don't know, I have to work early tomorrow... plus I do not really work properly when I drink two days in a row." Referring to the beach party that pretty much everyone that works around on the different hotels are going to, or you know those who aren't working.

"When did you become such a pussy? I thought college guys got drunk all the time!" Parker is using a joking tone but Alec knows he is thinking that Alec is too young to waste his time on studying Economics.

Alec just decide to ignore him and not answer, knowing that Parker will just continue talking about something else if he does.

"So are you going to invite brown haired girl to the beach party?"

"Sophie." The name slips out from his lips before he can think about it, realizing that he have tried to keep Parker from knowing their little encounter this morning.

"Sophie huh? So you guys are on first name basis with each other."

"Shut up." Alec says closing the door behind him and locking it.

"So, are you coming out tonight or not?"

"Nah, I think I'll just go back to my room and watch some series before going to sleep."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 19.7K 58
Archana have everything that a girl could wish for, studying in one of the top universities of India, she have everything a human ever need, loving p...
252K 24.6K 61
Ryan and Aaruhi The story of two innocent hearts and their pious love. The story of one sided love. The story of heartbreak. The story of longing a...
1.4M 125K 44
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
261K 29.9K 76
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. πŸ”₯❀️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...