Trust Issues h.s.

By joseline__

Melanie Reed has always had a rough time. After a terrible high school experience, she began to build up her... More

Umm, hi
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Epilogue

120 10 0
By joseline__

Melanie Reed:

Laying here with Harry is nice. I'm happy here. The happiest I've ever been. It's been a year, almost to the day, since I've met him and I must say it's been interesting, for lack of a better word.

We've definitely had our ups and our downs, but somehow things always find a way to fix themselves. Harry and I aren't anywhere near to being a perfect couple, or being in a perfect relationship, but we’re happy. And really, that's all that matters.

If we’re going to talk about trust, you should know that I had, and honesty still have the biggest trust issues around. That statement was the biggest understatement of the year. Yet, here I am, trying to understand it, to understand trust; but in this past year, and well in the past 20 years of my life, I found out that you could only truly trust yourself, but just about everyone knows that. The one thing I learned over this part year, however, may not make any sense at all.

I found out that the only way you could truly trust someone, other than yourself, is by trusting them. I know it sounds stupid and makes no sense, but you really have to think about it. You have to be able to trust someone in order to put all your trust into them; if you're over thinking your trust in someone then do you really trust them? The answer is no. It’s not until you are able to say that you trust someone with no hesitation, no self doubt, and no second thoughts, that you truly trust someone else.

Lying right here right now, if anyone were to ask me if I trust Harry, I would say yes with no hesitation.

I, Melanie Reed, have found the strength to love again. I found it in me to truly trust someone again. I mean, I meet people and automatically give them my trust. That is the stupidest thing I could possibly do, but I can’t stop myself from doing so. I found that I only truly trust one other person in my life.

I, Melanie Jane Reed, trust Harry Edward Styles. I truly do trust him. I trust him with my life. I trust him with every single ounce in my body. I trust him with every fiber in my being, and that's a lot more than I can say about anyone else walking the face of this earth.

Harry Styles is truly the best thing that's ever happened to me.

I feel like I just said the word truly like a thousand times.

"Melanie? Babe?"

The sound of Harry's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

I couldn't really find any words right now, so I just mumbled, "yeah?"

The worried expression on his flawless face made me wonder how long I had been lying still, lost in my own thoughts.

"Baby, what's wrong? Is everything okay? Did I say something wrong? Do you need something? What is it? I’ll go get it for you right n-"

I swear he would have just kept going on and on if I hadn't cut him off. That’s just the way Harry is when he thinks there’s something wrong with me, and I love that he is. I love that he goes out of his way to make everything okay. I definitely caught him off guard when I forcefully pressed my lips against his, earning a growing smirk from him as we shared our short but passionate kiss here on the beach shore.

"There’s absolutely nothing wrong Harry; I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what? You were awfully quiet for a good 10 minutes," he commented.

"You."

"Me? You were thinking about me for ten minutes while I was literally hovering over you by only merely an inch and a half? Why would you ever do that?"

"That’s what I was thinking about, this moment. This life we now share. How happy you make me. You, in general. I'm not going to lie, I always do that. And I was thinking about how much I love and trust you. I literally love you so much, I would do anything for you, and I trust you so much that I would choose you over anything or anyone else if my life depended on it; and yeah, that's pretty much what happened in my head in those 10 minutes."

"I love you so much; I would leave everything for you in a heartbeat."

"Do you really mean that?"

"Of course love," he said with a cheeky smile that reached his emerald green eyes.

I got a bad vibe, at that very moment, but chose to ignore it, because I trust him and the words that are leaving his mouth.

** ** **

Author’s Note: Now you guys could stop reading here… or you could go on to read the next part, its years later in Harry’s POV and well I would like to think it’s cute, although I’m not sure if you will like it. If you decide not to read it, skip all the way to the end to read my final authors note.

** ** **

***5 YEARS LATER***

Harry Styles:

“Styles, I never thought this day would come, but I guess all I could say is congratulations.” Louis, my best mate, spoke out of the blue. I hadn’t even realized he was in the room already. I thought everyone was still outside.

I can’t believe him. He would say something like that when he will be in the exact position I am in only just a month.

He’s met someone, and I would like to say that I’ve never seen him happier in his life. She saved him from the nothingness that was his life, just as Melanie did for me.

I literally cannot believe that six years ago today, I saw her for the very first time at the airport on a flight to Los Angeles.

I was almost certain that I would never see her again after that flight, but fate brought us together. She always thanks me for saving her from herself and the life she despised, but really, I am the one that should be thanking her.

She saved me from the life I was living. She showed me that I deserved to be loved and that somebody else deserved to receive my love.

I’m not going to lie; the past six years haven’t been an easy ride for either of us. It took her an entire year to truly trust me and I almost ruined it. I didn’t though. I could never do anything to hurt her.

I love her with all my heart and that’s so much more than I could say about anyone else. She is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me, and I never once thought that I would be here standing in a church about to get married. That thought had never once passed my mind, until I met her.

Hunter and Lily tied the knot earlier this year and I couldn’t be happier for them. I can thank them partially for me standing here. It was actually really funny how things worked out. Hunter, Louis and I proposed to our girls on the same exact day. We each knew that it was going to happen, but we hadn’t planned for it to happen on the same day.

Everyone’s faces were priceless when we met each other later that day for our bonfire. We each arrived at the fire pit at the same exact time from different direction. And the girls all said it at the same exact time. “I’M ENGAGED!” They were all so happy, and I was too. I was extremely happy that I was going to get the chance to spend the rest of my life with the girl I loved, and I knew they felt the same exact way.

I’m getting more and more anxious as the seconds go by. I want Melanie to walk through those doors and down the aisle already. I really cannot wait until she’s mine. Forever.

Right before I proposed, I made a promise to her, and myself, that I would never leave her the way my father left my family. She was more than thrilled to hear those words leave my mouth. The smile on her face was bigger than I’ve ever seen it before in my life, and I’m almost certain that it will be even bigger tonight.

“Well, you’ll be here soon enough, and I’ll be able to say the exact thing to you.”

“Are you happy? Do you think you made the right decision in going to Los Angeles after all?”

“I am beyond happy; you won’t know this feeling until you are in my shoes waiting for her to walk down that aisle. All I want to do is have her here in front of me and say ‘I do.’ I know that I made the right decision in leaving my life behind and coming to LA. I never thought this would happen. I never thought all of this would come from going to school overseas, if I had known I would have done it a lot sooner.”

“And you love her?”

“Yes Lou; I love her more than I love anyone else in this world.”

“Well then, hold your breath cause here she comes.”

I then realized that everyone was in their seats and the music had started. I turned around to see the love of my life walking down the aisle with both of her parents on either side of her.

She looked beyond beautiful and this was it. From this day on, I will never be alone again. She will come home to me at our home, even though she already does now. We will be together every day and night, always.

Our lives are starting now.

Author’s Note: Hey guys, so this is it. I’m going to admit had the first part of this was written perfectly, and I LOVED how it had originally came out... But that unfortunately disappeared, I guess it either didn't save or it was deleted somehow. Anyway, the point is, I had to rewrite it and this is what came out if it... I personally don't like it as much as my original since I don't remember half of the things I had originally written, but regardless of my unfortunate luck, I hope you enjoyed reading Trust Issues... It was really fun to write, and at times, very frustrating. I wanted to stop writing it so many times that I can’t even tell you but I forced myself to sit down and write it all, so yeah.

I love you guys for reading my story. I really do appreciate it. I think it kinda really sucks but whatever you made it to the end so yeah. Don’t forget to check out my other works or not, its fine. (I promise the other ones are better constructed and better written). But yeah vote and comment if you like this. Okay well bye. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1K 43
Ally, 17 year old teenager, she's innocent, she stands up for herself but that gets her into a lot of trouble. She trusts her brother with her life...
353K 8.2K 59
They went to the same school. She was just like any other normal teenage girl in high school. He on the other hand wasn't like any other teenage boy...
164 0 10
Justice Summers has been bullied most her life, Not only at school, but abused at home to. People not being able to see past the glasses and braces...
339K 9.6K 47
***One of my first stories! I will be editing and fixing the story up** **VERY CARROTY**** Harry Styles and Jenna McCarthy were best friends bac...