The Life Of Priest Young | A...

By pyt_redd

Priest " Ghost " Young & Faith " Beanie " Gonzales have known each other ever since their preschool days but... More

Characters
Author's Note Before You Continue ...
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaper 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
⚠️ Before I Continue ... ⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Yall Miss Me❔❕
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
❕MUST READ ❕
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 17

481 12 0
By pyt_redd

                                    Priest
                            Los Angeles , Ca
                                    4:58am
I sat in Kody's drafty cold hospital room  as I starred at his helpless body stretched out on the bed. I peeked at my phone in my pocket to see the time and it read 4:58am , almost 5 in the morning. I took some deep calm breaths before I started to talk to Kody about everything that's been going on since he was in the hospital.

" Wassup bro , I know it seem like decades since you been up in dis' hell hole wit' tubes all up in and shit and uh , it's priest by the way in case you can hear me. Since you been in here bro , everything's just been happening and going by so fast for real. I don't even know how long I'll be able to do this shit without you. Shit , we knew each other since damn near high school and college like real shit. You been here wit' me since day one and ima make sure I return dat' favor by being here wit' you by yo side everyday and help you in any I can bro. "

As I stood up from the chair , I starred down at him laying there and all he could do was just breathe and stay silent. Walking towards the door getting ready to leave , I felt a tear drop that I realized I was holding back while I was talking to him. I closed the door back behind me as I left the room to go find Faith sitting on a bench down the hall from the room. 

" Hey , you okay ? " She asked as I approached her.

" I wasn't at first , but I'm all good now. "

" You sure ? "

I sat down on the bench next to her as I put my arm around her shoulder.

" As long as you here wit' me , I know I'm good. " I told her with reassurance in my voice.

" I'll be here wit' you as long as you need me to be but uh I need to shower and change my clothes first."

" Oh shit , I honestly forgot about you still being in ya going out clothes. Yeah do that. "

Standing up to leave , I walked her out to the lobby area as we both walked out to my car.

" On second thought , I think we both should take it in right about now , you know what time it is right ? I asked sarcastically.

" Nah , what time is it ? "

" Almost time for the sun to come up. " I said laughing.

We both got in the car getting ready to leave the hospital. As we drove off towards the house , we continued our conversation.

" Oh wow , I had no idea it was that late at night for real. " She said as rested her head against the window.

" Tired ? "

" Honestly , hell yeah. " I said as my eyes barely stayed open.

" Aight we'll be at the house in about 10 minutes. " I told her.

I peeped over at her and saw her sleeping peacefully as I drove the rest of the way to the house. Nearly 10 minutes later , we finally reached the house so I woke Faith so we could both head in the house and get our sleep for the rest of the night. As I unlocked the door for her to go in the house , I went back out to go get her bags then I came back in and made sure the locks were secure on the front door.

Faith was amazed at how huge and beautiful the house was. She walked around every inch of the living room and kitchen. She was especially shocked at how beautiful the view of the outside was , from the patio to the big huge pool from the big pool house.

Outside View Of Kody's House
" I see you like the view. " I said as I came back from downstairs.

" Uh .. yeah , I love it actually it's .. huge and amazing. "

" I can tell from the way you staring at it. "

She laughed as she walked to go sit in the living room.

" I didn't mean to , it's just looks so relaxing and soothing. "

" Well you're welcome to test it out after ya shower if you want , you hungry ? "

" Ugh , yes oh my god. I'm starving. "

I laughed. " Well by time you done wit' ya shower the food will be done. "

" Alright , where's your bathroom ? " She asked.

" Uh , up the stairs , 2nd door on the right. " I said as I started preparing the food.

Living Room

Kitchen

Faith
Los Angeles , Ca
6:04am
As I showered and dried off , I wrapped the towel around my body so I could find something to lounge in around the house. I pulled out my underwear and put them on then I grabbed a tie dye red skirt outfit since it was hot outside and I wanted to go out and enjoy the view anyway. I put my hair up in bun and grabbed my red shades from my big bag then I decided to put on some jewelry with my outfit too.

I made sure everything was put away so I could unpack later tonight then I went back downstairs ready to eat. As I was walking back downstairs , the closer I got to the kitchen the more I could smell the sweet smelling aroma of french toast , eggs and bacon. Besides it was after 6 in the morning so I guess Priest decided too cook breakfast food. 

" Mmmmm , oh my god it smells too good down here. " I said as I took a seat at the islander in the kitchen.

" Awe yeah , smells good right ? " He said winking at me.

" Damn right , you mind if I make some coffee ? " I said walking over to the cabinets.

" Sure , make yourself at home , just don't break shit or else that's my ass and then some if Kody finds out. He said putting the coffee box on the counter.

" I'll be sure to get that in mind. " I said laughing as I made coffee.

" Food almost done , I know you ready to eat." He said getting the syrup , butter and cheese from the refrigerator and putting it on the counter by the food.

" Yessss I am , hurry up slow poke. " I said poking him as I walked passed him going back to sit at the islander with my cup of coffee.

" I hope you saved some coffee too big head. " He said jokingly.

" Uh it's plenty in the pot for you honey. " I said as I blushed at the name I gave him.

He suddenly stopped what he was doing and looked up at me. " Oh so I'm ya honey now ? "

" I mean you called me big head so I called you a name back too. " I said shrugging my shoulders as I took a few sips of my coffee.

" Ah whatever , you know you really loooovvvee me." He said as he did a lil dance while fixing our plates.

I waved him off as I got up to get some silverware so I could finally eat. " Whatever , I know I'm really bout to love this food though. "

" Yeah I know. I be whippin' it up in the kitchen for real girl. He said eating a piece of his french toast.

She ate a few eggs to test them out to see if they were really good as he claimed them to be.

" Mmmm , I guess you can really whip up in the kitchen huh ?

" See I told you. " He winked at me.

" Ya mom taught you how to cook ? I asked.

" Yeah , she did. I would always get up earlier than her some mornings when I was a teenager and we cook breakfast together sometimes. "

" Well I definitely see where you get ya cooking skills from. " I said as I drunk some of my coffee.

" Appreciate it mama. " He said as he smirked at me.

" No problem. " I said finishing up the rest of my food.

We finished up our food and I took his plate to the kitchen along with mine so I could clean up the dishes. It was the least I could do since I knew I was a guest and I would be staying for a while.

" You know you don't have to do that right ? "

" I know but I want to , I mean I am a guest in the house and I wanna help in any way I can. " I said running the water for the dishes.

" Thank you , I appreciate it for real. I'll be out here sitting on the patio by the pool if you need anything." He said as he starred at me for a quick second.

" Aight , I'm sure these dishes won't take long to wash up. I'll be out there when I'm done. "

" Alright , see you in a bit. " He said closing the slide door to the outside.

Nearly 5 minutes later , I was done washing the dishes so I put everything else away and wiped everything down then headed out towards the patio to sit with Priest. I didn't know how I was feeling towards him , it was like butterflies every time I looked at or was around him. I was stating to like this feeling. It was a feeling that I never felt before.

                                 Priest
                            Los Angeles , Ca
                                   8:24am
Looking at sunrise over the city , I took out my bag of weed and rolling paper ready to roll up a blunt to just chill and enjoy the view. I concentrated on rolling the blunt as I carefully made sure all the weed was in the paper. After I rolled up , I heard the slide door open and I looked over and saw Faith coming out the house with two glasses in her hand.

" Hey , I jus cleaned up all the dishes. I bought us both a glass of the " good stuff " since we are just chilling out here and plus I figured you could use it to calm ya nerves from earlier with Kody at the hospital. " I said passing him a glass of crown royal.

" You think you know me huh , what is it ? " I asked peeking at the glass.

" Crown Royal , apple flavor to be exact. " I said taking a sip.

" Oh shit , I ain't been drinking too much of this since dat' - was it a lil kickback we threw or a party back in like the summer of 10th grade year going into 11th ? " He said as he thought back to that night.

" Umm I think so , it was you , everybody from our class of course , the basketball team , the football team , uh I think Kody was there too and this pretty high yellow light skin girl was there too , her and Kody was all up on each other dancing and shit so that made it clear that she was all Kody's. " She explained taking a few more sips of my drink.

I instantly snapped his fingers trying to remember who the girl was that I was talking about.

" Fuck , I think I know exactly who you talking about. She had long black hair , short as hell probably like 4 feet maybe. She was bad as hell too. "

" Yeah , that's her but just remember her name though. " She said starting to think.

" Uh , shit I can't remember either. She ended up coming to the party wit one of her friends cause the friend ended up getting like hella drunk and was throwing up everywhere. " I said starting to laugh at the memory.

She couldn't help but laugh either to be honest.

" Oh my god , yeah I remember some of that. She clearly could not hold her liquor. "

" Wait I think her name was Moniece , Monique some shit like that. " I said taking some more puffs from my blunt.

" Monique , that's her name. Oh my god she was soooo pretty. We would always speak to each other when we saw each other and we even went out for coffee one morning before class started. " She said finishing up my glass.

" Wait , when was this ? " He asked curiously.

" Oh back in Atlanta when I was going to school at Georgia State. "

" Speaking of , how is school going for you by the way ? "

" It's going good actually, I'm taking classes online for right now since I came to be out here in LA with you for the time being though. Good grades in all my classes , turning in all my assignments on time , all that good extra stuff. " She said laying back on lounge chair.

" That's good , I'm glad you accomplishing things you wanna do in ya life for real , I'm proud of you. " He said laying his hand on top of mine.

" Aweee thank you gummy bear , I really appreciate that coming from you for real. It means a lot to me. More than you know. " She told me as she put her hand on top mine rubbing her hand with her thumb.

" You still call me that when I'm being all sweet and mushy huh ? " I said laughing a little.

" Of course , I had that name for you since damn near middle school. "

" Shit , I know. The whole basketball team would give me hell about it every time you came to the locker room to see before the games. " I said putting the blunt on the ash tray.

" Oops my bad about that one. " She said covering my mouth to keep from laughing out loud.

He waved me off.

" It's cool , I mean I can't really blame you. That's why I gave you the nickname " beanie " back in 2nd grade. "

" I know I know. " She said waving my head from side to side.

I looked over at my phone sitting by my leg to see the time and it read 9:45am. I decided to go back inside the house because the sun was really starting to come out by now plus I felt extra drained so I wanted to go take a long needed nap.

" Hey , ima go back inside and go upstairs to take a nap. " She said grabbing her phone and glass.

" Aight , I'll be back in a lil while. Call me on my phone if you need me. " He said sitting back in the lounge chair.

" Alright see you later. " I said closing the slide door behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 610 21
Meet Rose Williams, your average 14 year old girl. Fighting ghosts or capturing the Box Ghost into the Fenton Thermos was almost a daily schedule for...
788 144 58
"Remember me." "When I come back to you, please remember me." While Leo is waiting for his bride at the altar, Beth has a car accident on the way to...
183 42 22
2 people, same university. Both have very similar backstories. Both grew up without their biological parents. Neither know who their parents are, and...
113 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...