The Connection

Bởi Grace_Costello15

Sophie's back and better than ever. The big war is coming up, will she succeed with her friends and new allie... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1.)
Chapter 2.)
Chapter 4.)
Chapter 5.)
Chapter 6.)
Chapter 7.)
Chapter 8.)
Chapter 9.)
Chapter 10.)

Chapter 3.)

283 6 5
Bởi Grace_Costello15

See, the thing with Demigod dreams is that they seem so real. They're vivid, lifelike, and terrifying. They also have meaning, which means they're like signs of the future or warning of some sorts.

Being more god than the average Demigod, the dreams are worse.

Typical Demigod dreams, you have the sense that you know your dreaming and you don't feel anything. Me, they feel like they're really happening, and sometimes they do happen later on, or they're an old painful memory repeating itself. I can feel pain, and I can't seem to wake up until its just too much to handle.

Tonight was one of those nights.

I woke up with a small scream; sitting straight up. I looked around the room quickly, and told myself that I would be okay repeatedly. I put my head in between my knees and took deep breaths. It was the day in New Rome when I dropped Percy and Annabeth into Tartarus.

Except, it was the other way around.

Percy was holding onto me as I hung over the edge of the deep hole leading to Tartarus. "Percy..." I breathed out. "You let me go Sophie. You're an awful sister." He told me. Tears rolled down my cheeks. "I know and I'm so sorry Percy." I choked out.

He shook his head and stared at me disappointingly. "Have fun in Tartarus." He growled. He let go of my arm and the scene changed into me in Tartarus. I was surrounded by thousands of monsters.

More specifically, all the monsters I have killed.

"You will die in this war daughter of Poseidon. You have no chance. You will die fighting." I heard Kronos's voice boom around me.

"Your blood will help Gaea permanently rise. You are no hero, you will fail." I suddenly felt myself be picked up by a giant and thrown into the dark. That was when I woke up.

There was no point of going back to sleep. That dream will keep me up for a while. I slipped on a dark blue sweatshirt over my camp shirt. Then I slipped on my converse and left my room. It was about 3 in the morning, and I had only gotten at least 6 hours of sleep.

Dinner here was really awkward, so I kept to myself and ate in the library, going through at least 4 books. I considered Iris messaging my friends, just to let them know I was okay, but the longer I flipped the drachma in my hand, the more I realized it wasn't the best idea.

I didn't realize I was on the beach until I felt the power of the ocean overwhelm me. I took a seat right by the tides letting the water wash over my legs. I sighed, feeling safe and at home once again. Maybe going to the Egyptians wasn't the best idea. Maybe I should've stayed back on the Argo.

I suddenly felt a presence in the water, and I sensed it was Carter right behind me.

I sighed. "Peaceful isn't it."

"How'd you know it was me?' He asked. I didn't bother turning to him. "I sensed you when you touched the water. What are you doing here?" I asked. He sat beside me but i kept looking straight at the ocean. "I could be asking you the same thing." Carter pointed out.

I stayed silent for second before answering. "Nightmare. Nothing serious. How about you?"

I felt him shrug beside me. "Guilt." He simply replied. I raised my eyebrows in surprise and turned to him. My sea- green eyes met his dark brown ones. "Care to explain?" I asked.

Carter sighed. "Zia's being a bit more demanding and clingy. I mean, more than an average girl should be. But-"

"Hey we're clingy because we care." I said defensively.

"They're also defensive." He teased. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face. "Continue."

"And I might be breaking up with her soon, I'm not positive yet." He explained. I shrugged. "There's nothing to be guilty about. You're just doing what you think is best." I told him. "Well... I mean she's my first girlfriend-"

"First girlfriend?! Carter Kane I am very disappointed." I teased. "Well excuse me for being home schooled all my life."

"There are plenty of pretty girls in Brooklyn House." I pointed out. "Okay look I'm not good with people, much less girls." He defended.

"And girls are the defensive ones." I muttered. he nudged my with his shoulder lightly and we laughed. "Look, about earlier, did I say something to hurt your feelings?" He asked gently.

I pursed my lips and rubbed my hands together. "Percy... Lets just say I'm not even sure if he's alive right now." I sighed. He nodded. "I'm sorry." I turned away and back to the ocean. "So am I."

4 Hours Later...

"There are three things you're going to have to keep in mind during Greek combat." I stated as I paced back and forth across the training room. The people of Brooklyn house were listening intently.

Or at least I think they were.

"One, do not ever get distracted by your enemy, or anything around you. You have one task, and it is to defeat them." I looked at every person straight in the eye. I might've only gotten 6 hours of sleep but I still meant business.

"Two, use your surroundings to your ability. If you're in a destroyed brick building chuck a brick or two at them."

"Three, find your opponent's strength, and make it their biggest weakness. For example, Carter!" I exclaimed happily. He chuckled. "Yes Sophie?"

"You're biggest strength is sword fighting? Come up here and show me." I commanded. He pulled out his Kopesh and walked over to me.

I drew my water sword as well and got into position. Carter got into his stance as well, and just by the way he was holding his sword and standing, I knew he was going to swing to the neck.

When he made the first move, I immediately blocked it. He hesitated, surprised I knew his first move. I spun around and went for his gut which he was leaving wide open. He blocked me just in time, but at an odd angle. I used it against him and hitch kicked his sword out of his hand. I caught it mid-air and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, my sword at his throat and my other hand with his sword pointing straight at his chest.

"Nice try." I said breathlessly. My heart was beating quickly, and it wasn't because of the fight. He nodded and I pulled myself away from him. "Now, if this was a real fight I would've easily taken him down with a single puddle and a flick of the wrist but not everyone has that ability. Use what you already have, and think as your opponent would. Pair up and try." I said.

"Hello partner." Carter said happily. "And what makes you think I want to partner with you? You have a girlfriend." I reminded him. He chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head. I stared at him in surprise.

"Carter... did you break up with probably the only girl that will fall for you?" I teased. "No but shes been clingy and distant... Does that somehow make sense?" He asked. "I get what you mean." I replied. "Whatever makes you happy Carter." I said as I patted his shoulder lightly. I then stepped around him and walked over to the others who were practicing with their partners.

"So anyway, are you gonna help me or what?" Carter asked as he caught up beside me. "Watch your elbow you don't want it to droop when you hold the sword." I told Felix as I raised his elbow.

He looked at Carter as if I wasn't there. "Dude, she's touching me." He whispered excitedly. I laughed and ruffled his hair. "If you were 18 I'd date you." I told him honestly.

He grinned widely and continued to train with his partner. "Sophieeeee." Carter groaned. "Have you always been this annoying?" I huffed. He smirked. "Only for you." He said perkily. I burst out laughing. "Okay I think you've finally lost it should I get Sadie?" I threatened.

His eyes widened. "No! No! No!" He said as he grabbed my shoulders. I blushed lightly and crossed my arms. "Okay look, the only reason I'm not helping you train right now is because I want you to help me train the others." I admitted. He blinked in surprise. "What?"

"You heard me." I said. "But I don't know anything about Greek fighting." He reminded me. "I know. Which is why I'm going to train you privately myself. In battle I want you as my second in charge." I said as I helped another kid with his positioning.

"Seriously?" Carter asked in awe. "Unless you can't handle it of course." I teased. "Please soon enough I'll be the one in charge of the mission." He retorted. I chuckled. "You and I will train tonight after dinner. Sounds good for you?" I asked.

"Sounds fine. Though it's kinda weird that I'm taking orders from a stranger." He commented.

I put my hand against my heart pretending to be hurt. "Carter you're talking to an old family friend." I said happily.

"Well, I barley know anything about you." He pointed out as he continued to follow me. "Well maybe it's better if it stays that way." I sighed. "Well maybe, I find you interesting." He said as he stared at me curiously.

"Hilarious Carter. Go check up that side of the room and we'll train tonight." I said sternly. He saluted to me, and I didn't even bother stopping the smile that appeared on my face. No Sophie... You have Leo.

After Dinner...

"Focus Carter! Don't let anything distract you." I shouted as he fought with a water dummy I made myself. "Its kinda hard with you yelling at me!" He grunted back. "Hey I'm the one training you be grateful." I said as I put my hands on my hips. "Soph can I please have a break? Its been 3 hours." He whined. I shrugged. "So? I trained for days straight sometimes." I told him.

"It explains why you're so bossy." He muttered. "Don't blame me for wanting to always achieve perfection." I said as I waved my hand, the water dummy becoming a puddle. Carter sighed in relief and collapsed on the mats. "Hardest training session of my life." He panted when I stood over him. I chuckled at how clueless he was. "Oh it only gets harder." I ruffled his curly hair and sat by him.

"Am I getting any better?" He whined. "Better than I thought you would. Has anybody told you you're a fast learner?" I asked. "Yeah once in a while." He said as he sat up. "We'll they're right. Now get up. We'll see how well you do with the real thing." I said as I stood up again.

"Real thing? you're not gonna summon a giant for me to go against right?" He asked jokingly. "No. Even worse." I said as I drew my water sword. "You're going up against me."

He stared at me in disbelief. "You're bluffing." He said unsure. I chuckled and pointed my sword at him. "Would I lie?" I asked sarcastically. Carter rolled his eyes and stood up as well. "Just don't kill me and we're good." I smiled and we got into position. "Remember what I've been telling you." I told him. He nodded and exhaled.

I'm not gonna bore you with the details, lets just say that he did better but I still won.

"I don't think i've ever felt so exhausted in my life." Carter groaned as he curled up on the ground. I laughed and nudged him with my foot lightly. "C'mon get up get a drink and go to bed. You've done really well for your first training session." I told him. He muttered under his breath as he slowly got up. "I wont be able to stand tomorrow I'm already really sore now."

"Shut up and deal with it Kane."

"Easy for you to say Jackson."

I burst into laughter and waved him off. "Goodnight Carter." I said teasingly as I walked out . "Goodnight Sophie. By the way if you ever feel like talking about what happened to Percy you can come to me." He assured me. I froze in place and clenched my hands into fists.

"Thanks, but no thanks. As for now its not your concern." I immediately replied dryly. "Okay." He said clearly not believing me. I walked out of the training room without another word.

As I walked down the hallway, I thought about my friends on the argo. I wondered how they were doing. They should be on their way to Greece right this very minute. I wrung my hands together as I thought about Leo and how much I missed his stupid jokes and constant complaining. I also missed the little crease on his forehead that appeared whenever he was concentrating on a new invention.

I missed my idiotic fire boy. I missed everyone so much.

When I got to my room, I got changed into some comfy sweatpants and a tank top. I let my hair down from the pony tail and shook it out. As I got ready for bed, and Iris message popped up from someone I was least expecting it from.

Nico.

I debated on answering it, because maybe they would come after me. Maybe the others were with him, but maybe they weren't. There was only one way to find out.

"Accept this call or decline?" Iris asked.

"I...I accept." I finally decided.

Nico's face immediately appeared in the water but he seemed to be alone.

"You're okay." He sighed.

"Yeah I am. What do you want?" I asked.

"Is it not allowed to ask your friend where she ran away to after her brother and best friend fall into hell?" He asked sarcastically.

"No but it's not allowed to tell you're girlfriend she's forgiven just go cheat on her the next day." I snapped.

He looked taken aback by my tone and his face looked more solemn than usual.

I looked down at my feet to avoid his gaze.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

"You had every right to. It's why I called. I wanted to apologize." He admitted.

"Sorry to ruin the whole forgiveness/apology mood right now but you're like 4 years late Nico." I points out.

"I know I suck, but I went on a mission with Jason today and we ended up meeting cupid." He said, his voice sounding more nervous. "Oh gosh he's a pain." I said while wincing.

"Yeah I know that now. He made me admit my one true love which was really embarrassing because Jason was there." He sighed.

"Oh..." I faltered. True love? Please don't tell me it was me cause that would suck.

"Sophie, when I tell you my answer please don't judge me." He barely whispered out.

"You were my best friend how could I-"

"I'm gay. I have a crush on Percy."

My eyes widened and I felt my heart stop in my chest. I didn't know what to say, I was way too shocked to respond.

"Sophie please say something."

I look back at him and take a shaky breath. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

He paused for a second before replying. "I didn't know how you would respond." He admitted.

"Nico we were best friends and I would've supported you no matter what... Is that why you cheated on me?" I asked.

"I never did."

I glared at him and crossed my arms. "Okay that day you were swapping spit with Thalia Grace was not just some hallucination."

"I asked her to so I wouldn't have to break up with you. You were my best friend and I didn't know how to let you down easy. When I heard you coming around the corner... Well it was all staged." He explained.

I didn't know weather to start yelling at him or laugh in awe. "I-I I'm gonna sleep on this and we'll talk next time I see you." I muttered in complete confusion.

"Wait when are you coming back? Everyone is worried sick."

"Goodnight Nico." I swiped my hand across the iris message and it immediately disappeared. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed shakily.

Shocked wasn't a good enough word to explain the emotions coursing through my body. Everything was changing so fast and too quickly; it was getting harder to keep up with the world.

"A few more weeks Sophie. A few more weeks and this war will be over with and you will go back home to Olympus where there is no drama." I muttered to myself as I crawled into bed.

Funny thing was, is that I didn't want to go back.

______________

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and your comments always make me smile :)

Vote, comment, and spread the word!<3

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

60.7K 1.2K 21
『𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐔』 Fates pave the way of life and Destiny hums its own melody as it runs its course. But this tandem is bound to conflict, is it n...
131K 3.3K 47
(#1 Camp-HalfBlood 8-8-2018) (#1 darkpercy 20-10-2018) Sequel to Wanted. Five years ago, she lost her friends, her family and her lover. But most i...
12.5K 284 22
I do not own the characters due to Rick :( Percy Jackson Annabeth Chase- Magnus Chase and Alex-Carter and Sadie Kane- Aru Shah and Mini The Demigods...
180K 5.9K 50
𝗜'𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙐𝙎!