Path To Resolution (Fighter's...

By TheFeveredBookaholic

*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading p... More

Dedications
Prologue - Wolfe
Chapter 1 - Lenny
Chapter 2 - Lenny
Chapter 3 - Lenny
Chapter 4 - Lenny
Chapter 5 - Lenny
Chapter 6 - Lenny
Chapter 7 - Lenny
Chapter 8 - Lenny
Chapter 9 - Lenny
Chapter 10 - Lenny
Chapter 11 - Lenny
Chapter 12 - Wolfe
Chapter 13 - Wolfe
Chapter 14 - Lenny
Chapter 15 - Wolfe
Chapter 16 - Wolfe
Chapter 17 - Melanie
Chapter 18 - Wolfe
Chapter 19 - Wolfe
Chapter 20 - Melanie
Chapter 21 - Wolfe
Chapter 22 - Wolfe
Chapter 23 - Melanie
Chapter 25 - Melanie
Chapter 26 - Wolfe
Chapter 27 - Wolfe
Chapter 28 - Melanie
Chapter 29 - Wolfe
Chapter 30 - Wolfe
Chapter 31 - Melanie
Chapter 32 - Wolfe
Chapter 33 - Melanie
Chapter 34 - Wolfe
Epilogue I - Melanie
Epilogue II - Lucas
Author's Note
Author Q&A
Fighter's Den Spin-off - Cover/Title
The Unexpected Path - Synopsis
The Unexpected Path - Teasers
BONUS CHAPTER - Melanie

Chapter 24 - Wolfe

149K 4.5K 8.6K
By TheFeveredBookaholic

My brain is awake before I am, registering the light reflecting on my closed lids and the coldness of the room. Goosebumps break out on my arms and my eyes blink open. I slowly come to and look around the room. I'm the only one in here and it looks like it's close to noon which takes me by surprise. I never sleep in this late. I can never shut off for long enough but last night I slept without a wink of paranoia. I stretch my arms above my head and feel my muscles pulling from their relaxed state. Damn. When's the last time I slept this good? Probably never.

Once I'm done washing my face and brushing my teeth, I walk across the hall to Melanie's room. I take a peek inside since it's already open and find everything unpacked and back in its place. Her bed is also messy like she slept in it. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night but she must have left at some point to sleep in her room instead. I smile softly and head over to the kitchen next where Melanie is sitting on one of the island stools and looking out the window.

"Hey," My voice sounds deeper and huskier than normal from having just woken up. She looks over her shoulder, mouth quirking when she sees me. "What time is it?"

"Eleven-thirty," She answers and my brows go up. This is definitely the latest I've slept in my whole life. She sees the surprise on my face, laughing. "Yeah. You were knocked out cold."

"Sleep was nice," I shrug. I turn her stool around to face me and cup her face, tilting it up as mine descends to meet her lips. I don't think I'll ever get tired of kissing her. It does something to me — like every wayward piece in my chest clicks into place the second our lips touch. She's satisfying, addicting, and fucking mine.

She moans into my mouth when my tongue meets hers, her hands going to my bare torso and fingers digging into my skin. I swear I get weak in the fucking knees when she touches me. I've learned all these new ways to explore her and I can't enough. I love tasting every inch of her skin, love roaming my hands over and inside of her, and I know there's still more for us to do. She's going to turn me into a goddamn animal at this rate.

She catches my bottom lip between her teeth and drags it out slowly as she pulls away. I stare down at her lips, swollen and bright red, breathing hard. "Did you go back to your room at night?"

Her eyes skirt away from mine. "Yeah. Sorry. I woke up in the middle of the night and as nice it was sleeping next to you I just...needed space."

"Hey," I catch her chin between my index finger and thumb, turning her face back to me. "Don't apologize. I was just asking to make sure you were okay. I hope I didn't freak you out."

"Not at all," She says softly. Her hands travel up my abdomen, my chest, and I suck in a breath as my body heats all over. She loops her arms around my neck in a hug and I bend down, my arms going around her waist and holding her to me. She speaks quietly into my ear while I rock her. "I'll get better at it. Sleeping next to you."

"You're being too hard on yourself," I point out. "Did you ever push me to talk? Did you expect me to get it right away after I spoke my first word?"

"No, of course not."

"So why is this any different? I won't push you either, Mel, or expect you to get it right away. I told you I won't get offended if you can't make it through the night with me and I meant that. I'd rather you sleep next to me when you feel safe, not when you feel forced. I'd never force you for anything."

Her arms tighten around me and when she speaks into my shoulder, her voice sounds thick with emotion. "I know you wouldn't."

"Good," I kiss her cheek and then grab one of her hands, bringing it to my mouth so I can kiss the inside of her palm. Her eyes dance with amusement in return. "Did you already have breakfast?"

"Just some coffee."

"What do you want? I'll make you something before I leave for training."

"Actually..." There's a new look entirely in her eyes that I can't make sense of. She hops off the stool, craning her head back to look at me. Sometimes I don't realize how much smaller she is than me. Her head barely comes up to my chest. "I have something for you."

"You do?"

"Yeah. A return of the favour you gave me last night."

I blink slowly, confused. What did I give her? Before I can ask her she crouches down until she's on her knees, her hands going to the hem of my boxers. My breath stutters like I was punched in the throat when I realize what she's doing. "Mel..."

"You didn't really get the chance to enjoy this the last time I did it," She comments absentmindedly and pulls my boxers down. My cock springs free, already hardening when I feel her warm breath on the sensitive skin. The approval in her eyes is clear. "Jesus, big guy. Even when you're mostly soft, you're big."

My neck grows hot and I stop myself from doing something lame like thanking her. Instead I watch her anxiously as she gathers her hair up into a loose bun. "I did enjoy it. I came twice."

"Yeah, you did." She laughs a little boastfully and I suppress a smile. "I just meant you didn't get the full experience because you came so soon. Trust me, I can do a better job than last time."

Better? How much better could it be? I think it'll kill me if it gets any better. I grunt in surprise when Melanie wraps a hand around me, pumping my length steadily and getting me harder. I breathe deeply through my nose to get myself under control because I don't want to fall apart so soon. This is still new to me and my dick is like an eager puppy or some shit. I have to grip the counter to hold myself up when Melanie takes me into her mouth, all warm and wet and a fucking dream. She moans softly and the sound vibrates in the back of her throat where the tip of my cock is, making it twitch.

"Melanie," I choke out, my grip on the counter tightening.

I look down as she works me and she must sense my eyes on her because they lift up, holding my gaze while her movements slow down. She's giving me a show. Her cheeks become hollow when she sucks me until her lips meet her fingers that are wrapped around me. She draws back to the very tip of me, her mouth opening to reveal the flat of her tongue as she licks around the head before kissing the top. I fight the urge to close my eyes because I want to watch, because she looks so fucking sexy on her knees for me. Watching my length disappear into her mouth and feeling the inside of it is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's almost too good and my eyes become hooded, the pleasure I'm feeling making me feel drunk.

"You're beautiful like this," I rasp, smoothing the strands that came loose back from her face. "Can I see more of you?"

She releases me with a pop, taking off my shirt she'd been wearing and leaving her in just her panties. My gaze immediately goes to her bare breasts and I rumble in approval because they're so goddamn pretty. She follows my line of vision and cups them, playing with her piercings while she takes me back in her mouth. Fuck me, that's perfect. So perfect. My abdomen starts to tighten in anticipation as my breaths become heavier and I get closer to climax. I duck my head low, watching her play with her tits and working me harder, sucking in less of me but doing it quicker.

"Shit," I growl when my thighs clench in warning. "I'm right there, Mel."

She hums, taking me out of her mouth and kissing down my length before licking back upwards. My pre-cum coats her lips and it's making all kinds of wet noises as she continues to suck me and it's a fucking turn-on. I'm fighting to breathe at a steady rhythm, my fingers gripping her hair at the back of her head tightly. My hips nudge forward and I push more of myself into her mouth on instinct. I don't want to hurt her but when she moans I know she's fine. And so I keep doing it, fucking her pretty mouth and watching raptly. I can't wait until I can fuck her for real. I feel such an animalistic need to sink inside of her pussy.

"Melanie," I warn. "I'm..."

She sucks hard on the head of me where I'm most sensitive and my knees buckle, my restraint breaking. I come hard and fast, shooting off into her mouth with a deep groan while my head falls back. Jesus, I feel like I'm on fire everywhere. Every part of my body is buzzing and I could've sworn my vision blacked out for a second. I'm gasping for air, trying to get my body under control as it jerks with an overwhelming power. Melanie doesn't stop until she's swallowed up every bit of me and only then do I feel her release me. I've just brought my head back down when she crushes her lips to mine and I make a noise of surprise in the back of my throat. My arm winds around her and I crush her to me, our naked chests rubbing against each other, kissing her back just as hard. She tastes a little bit like me, a little bit like her, and I fucking love it.

"Christ," I yank away from her lips, panting. "When I get home today, I want to...you know."

Her mouth twitches. "Fuck?"

"Yes," I clear my throat. "Can we?"

"Definitely," She murmurs and rises up on her tiptoes. I duck again and meet her halfway, kissing her softly. Our mouths part and meet without any rush, just gentle kisses that are just as addicting as the passionate ones. When we separate, Melanie smirks. "And thanks for breakfast."

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

****

"What's up, Emerson?" Jaxon clasps my hand in greeting as soon as I enter the gym. I nod back and take off for the locker room, bumping fists with the rest of the guys as I pass them. The youth are packing up for the day which means I came at a good time. It's easier to focus when there's less people around and I need to get ready for my next match which is only three weeks away.

When I get inside the locker room, Asher is putting on his wraps and gearing up. He looks up at the sound of the door opening and jerks his chin. "Hey, man."

I jerk my chin back, looking around before closing the door. I go to my locker and open it up, retrieving my wraps and discarding my gym bag. I can't help but glance over at Asher every few seconds although he's oblivious. After this morning with Melanie, I really did make her breakfast and we got to talking. She admitted that Asher approached her at work because he'd heard something about me and wanted to make sure I wasn't in any trouble. It makes sense that he would catch on to my secret seeing as he's so closely affiliated with the South Bloods. It didn't take long for me to put two and two together. Most likely it was Mitch that mentioned I was at their Boston headquarters which means he saw me there, just as I thought. After Coach and Mitch saved his life, Asher has been pretty close to the two and I know he's decent friends with Mitch. I guess I should count myself lucky that it's only Asher who knows and not Coach.

"How you been?" He asks now and I shrug in my usual response. He nods, face passive as ever. He has one hell of a poker face but I know his tell because I'm more observant than he'll ever be. His voice always gets a little louder when he's lying, like he's being defensive without meaning to. That's how he's speaking to me now because he knows something about me but he doesn't know that I've caught on to that. "You seem busy lately. Have you been taking on new hobbies?"

New hobbies? I turn away before he catches on to my smile and shake my head no. Asher's a really good liar that it's almost terrifying but right now he's doing a shit job. Fucker's got to be really worried if that's the case.

"Let me do that for you," He offers when I start putting on my wraps. I raise a brow as he grabs the bandage and does it for me. He must realize how stupid this looks because he clears his throat and drops the bandage. "Or you do it. Whatever. I'll see you in the ring?"

I don't know where it comes from. I just do it, without hesitation. "Mitch saw me at the South Bloods' headquarter, didn't he?"

"Damn it," Asher scowls. "Lenny told y—"

It's comical, really, the way his mouth suddenly clamps shut and his eyes become so wide I'm convinced they'll pop right out. He takes a step back, putting his hands in the air slowly. I cross my arms, highly amused as his reaction. You'd think I just pulled a gun on him or some shit.

"Did you just...?" He points his finger at me accusingly. "What the fuck?"

I tilt my head, nice and slow. "Was it something I said?"

"Jesus!" He jumps back, gaping. "You're...you...words."

I snort, sitting down on the bench and finishing with my wraps. I glance at the door to make sure no one's coming by. I have no intention of talking to anyone else except Asher for the time being. Down the line I'd like to talk to the other guys too but for now, just Ash.

"Emerson," Asher waves a hand in my face and I look back up at him. I've never seen so many expressions on his face before. Fucker can be stone cold otherwise. "Want to explain what the fuck is happening? You talk?"

"You always knew I was capable," I nod. Asher takes another step back and he looks more incredulous with every sentence he gets out of me.

"Yeah, but...you don't talk. I don't understand."

"I do now," I say simply. "But only to you and Melanie. Is that clear?"

"I knew it!" He hisses excitedly, pointing at me again and clearly forgetting his shock. "I told Ria you probably talk to her. She knew you way too well and sometimes she'd say things like 'Wolfe mentioned this' or 'Wolfe said that.' I always had a feeling it wasn't a figure of speech."

"I was a conspiracy theory in your relationship?" I raise an unamused brow. Asher has the decency to grow red in the face.

"C'mon, man. Sometimes you run out of things to talk about in a relationship. Sue us."

I suppress another smile, shaking my head. "Seriously, Pryce. You keep it between us until I choose to talk to the other guys."

"That's huge," He murmurs and finally takes a seat beside me. "So...you're not going to be a mute anymore?"

The thought tightens my chest with panic but oddly enough, not as badly as it used to. It's going to be tough, whenever it happens, but I think I have a real shot at it. "That's the plan. We'll see."

"Crazy," He searches my face like he's seeing an entirely new person which he probably does. "How long?"

"Little over two months."

"Let me guess," He smirks. "Lenny was being a hard-ass and got the better of you." My grin says it all and he laughs. "I fucking knew it. So why me, then?"

I instantly sober up and so does Ash, sitting straighter and regarding me seriously. "What do you know about what I'm involved in?"

"Not enough. What the hell are you thinking hanging around those guys anyways? Maybe if it was another street gang, whatever, but the South Bloods? You're smarter than that, Emerson."

I look away. He won't understand until I tell him and although I had no intention of doing that, I know he won't drop this otherwise. So I look back at him and leave no room for argument. "They're helping me find my parents' murderer."

His face falls. I honestly feel a little bad for him. I'm throwing one too many curveballs at the guy and briefly wonder if he can take it. "Your parents were murdered?"

"Yes," I confirm quietly. "Right in front of my eyes, twenty-one years ago. I haven't slept peacefully since. You won't stop me, Pryce, and you're going to help me make sure Coach doesn't find out."

"Christ," Asher closes his eyes and runs a hand over his face. When they reopen, his sympathy is clear as day. "That fucking blows. I'm sorry to hear it man. You must have been, what, five?"

I nod and he curses again, his fingers clutching his hair in obvious frustration. He finally gets it, that there's no way he's stopping me. When he looks over at me, the resignation on his face is clear. "You won't hide it from Coach much longer. He'll find out and he'll be pissed. It's better he hears it from you, trust me."

"He's going to try and stop me," I counter.

"Maybe. Or maybe he'll help you if he knows you won't let that happen."

Maybe. But it's a long shot. I look down at the floor and now I'm confused. Of course I don't want to lie to my mentor anymore but is it worth the risk of losing my only chance at catching Kane? Would he really understand?

"What do you know about Coach's past?" Asher finally asks.

I shrug. "I know about his connection to the South Bloods if that's what you're asking."

"Yeah, that's what I'm asking. And I told you that you're smarter than this. He would help. He knows that world better than either of us and he'd help us at any cost. If you haven't found the asshole that murdered your parents yet, how much you want to bet Coach can speed up that process?"

"How? I'm using a database to track him and only the South Bloods have that kind of technology."

"But Coach has connections. I know you're a tech guy but knowing people in the real world pays off too. Have you ever tried it that way? Maybe that's why you haven't found him yet."

Shit. That never once occurred to me. I was so fixated on the database, convinced that was it the only way. I glance over at him. "He's going to kick my ass."

Asher claps me on the shoulder. "That's why you got to rip it off like a bandaid. Get it over with. You'll live."

I snort. Yeah, right. Fat chance of that. But he's right and we both know it. I've tried to do this on my own for who knows how long and I can't anymore. I need to accept that.

"I know this question is probably going to annoy you but is that your actual voice? What are you, Irish?"

"Australian, dumbass. Christ."

"Whatever. It's cool. Batman doesn't have shit on you."

I chuckle under my breath, looking down again. "Yeah. This is my voice. My parents' murderer didn't kill me but he did slit my throat as a warning and told me to never say a word. Grazed my voice box just barely so I sound like this."

"Jesus Christ," He mumbles. "That's why you don't talk?"

"I'm not proud of it but the trauma...yeah."

He squeezes my shoulder and when I look over at him his face is set hard. Asher can be a scary guy when he wants to be and right now he looks downright murderous. "I'm going to help you catch that fucker. We'll make him pay, Emerson. I promise you."

"Appreciate it. But you can't tell anyone anything. Not even Aria."

"I know. I understand."

I pause. "Actually, that's not fair. If you're going to help me she deserves to know what you're doing or she'll be worried. And she's Melanie's best friend so you can tell her."

"Thank goodness," He chuckles. "She would've seen right through me anyways."

"You're soft for her," I agree.

"Says you. You talked for Lenny. Speaking of, you guys together?"

"Yes," I can feel my face grow tender at the mention. "She's mine."

"Never thought I'd see the day the big guy's in love," He grins, his dimple making a rare appearance. "You guys fuck yet?"

I glare at him. "Not your business."

"Don't get so defensive," He laughs. "I'm just wondering, you know, cause she's your first."

It's finally my turn to be surprised and Asher is clearly enjoying it way too much. "You know I'm a virgin?"

"No shit. Remember that day I found a chick for you to hook up with? When you walked out on her she came complaining to me and said you wouldn't even go to second base. I figured it out then and that's why I never set you up with anyone again."

"Right," I feel my cheeks grow warm. I'm not exactly ecstatic at flaunting my lack of a sex life but I guess it's a good thing I can finally talk to someone about it. "We're planning for today. Any, um, tips?"

"The first time you won't last long. That's just a fact. You'll get better at making it last the more you fuck. Just make sure you bring her close to climax before you're inside of her. That way she has a chance to come before it's over. Keep your woman satisfied, Emerson."

I nod. I never would have thought of that on my own. Still, I feel uncomfortable and stand up, clearing my throat. "I'm going to talk to Coach now."

Asher stands too. "Good luck, man. It's going to work out."

"Thanks, Pryce." I tip my chin at him and head for the door. My hand pauses on the handle when Asher says my name and I look over my shoulder.

"Thanks for trusting me," He says quietly and points to his throat. I know he's thanking me for talking to him so I nod, leaving the locker room.

I glance down the hallway where I can see the main floor. Jaxon and Cameron are sparring in the ring and Nate is acting as ref. I watch them for a moment, wondering when I'll be able to talk to them. But right now I have other things to worry about. I head in the other direction for Coach's office.

He calls for me to come in when I knock and I step inside, shutting the door behind me. He looks up from the papers he's writing on and sets his pen down, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms. I take a seat in front of him and cross my arms right back. He doesn't say anything, just stares, and it feels like he can see right through me.

"You should have came to me right away," He finally says with obvious disapproval. I cast my eyes downward from the guilt I feel. Fuck me. He's known all along. Of course he has.

When I look back up at him, I offer him my respect the only way I know how. The only way that's actually going to mean something. "I'm sorry."

He blinks, then blinks again. Then he nods slowly and even though he's pissed off at me, there's no mistaking the pride in his eyes. "About fucking time."

Whether he's talking about me talking or telling him the truth, I'm not sure. Either way, I can finally breathe again.

__________________________

A/N

WHEN I TELL YOU IM SCREAMING!!!

So many amazing things this chapter. The absolute sweetness/hotness of Wolfe and Melanie, Wolfe talking to BOTH Asher and Coach. I'm so proud of him!

I'm seriously loving Wolfe and Asher's friendship. It's giving me so much life! And as always, so happy to see Greg coming to the rescue again. Can you guys say best character?

Please VOTE, comment and share if you liked this chapter!

Happy Reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500 67 19
Melanie Baker has a secret. She was once a perfect wife to her husband and she never complained about anything. She was content with her life and fo...
934K 20.2K 34
"You don't want me I'm broken. Unfixable." "Broken or not your still my princess." Soon his lips are on mine and sparks flew all my worries for once...
859K 26.5K 35
"And how does that make you feel?" "You want to know how I feel when she refuses to suck my cock?" Red blotches donned on Isabella's cheeks. He had n...
5.1M 161K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...