A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

Why do I hear boss music

462 15 5
By somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 20

Monday December 22,2012

12:14 pm

(Ivan's POV)

A few moments after the boss was killed my eyes suddenly felt like they were on fire. I quickly close my eyes. The feeling slowly left my eyes. I decide to open my eyes, I barely opened my eyes before the feeling came back. I hear what I presume is Anenoid walking towards me. I feel him put his hands on my cheeks. I try to push his hands away, but he suddenly squishes my face.

"Stay still if you want to see again." Fine then. I sense his fingers hover in front of my eyes; I see a bright light come through my eyelids. "Alright your eyes should be back to normal." I slowly open my eyes; I was able to open them completely. I breathe a sigh of relief. I start to look around the room, instead of it being covered in darkness like earlier the room had some lighting. The floor suddenly begins to sink back into the ground. It wasn't like last time where the floor made me lose balance it actually felt like I was on an elevator this time.

I walk over to the edge. When the ring was close enough to the ground I jump off. Anenoid follows my example. I go over to the rooms entrance, I walked through the entrance. Thankfully the three machines didn't rebuild itself. I drop to the floor; I position myself to that I was laying on my back. Anenoid sits down beside me.
"Hey where do you think the lights come from." Huh?

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well back in the Cerberus room the lights went off. Then when Cerberus died the lights came back on, but I didn't see no light bulbs or anything like that." I look around the room and notice that he was right. The only things in the room were pipes and bodies of the robots Anenoid killed the last time we were in this room.

"Magic?"

"Mmm maybe. It still feels weird to me." Yeah it does feel a little bit weird now that he mentioned it. I'm just happy that I had Anenoid's magic to help me see in the dark. I wish I could do more shadow stuff.

"Hey, can you show some easy shadow stuff? Like that weird thing you did to make me see in the dark?" He starts to stare off into the distance.

"Well it would be hard, especially since you don't know how to control the shadows."

"No, I do." He quickly turns his head in my direction.
"Since when!" Shit. What how do I explain how I learned it.
"After I killed you... it just kind of clicked?" He had a suspicious look on his face.

"Maybe later. I just want to rest right now. Actually, just put me back in the ring, take me you when you need me." I nod my head and absorb him back into my ring. As soon he got absorbed back into the ring a box appeared.

Choose a skill!

Pyrokinesis- The ability to control fire.

Cryokinesis- The ability to control ice and cold temperatures.

Electrokinesis- The ability to control electricity and lighting

Well this is new. I honestly want all of them, wait don't I already have pyrokinesis? Why would it appear here? I think about it for a little bit, I decide to not get it. It would be stupid to choose pyrokinesis. I guess that only leaves cryokinesis and electrokinesis. Cryokinesis sounds fun, but electrokinesis sounds kind of badass. It's so hard to choose! I think cryokinesis would be better. Sure, electrokinesis sounds cool, but I don't think I can do much with electrokinesis. Plus, I can finally see what my attacks are doing, with the wind I'm just hoping my attacks hits my target. It's hard to aim with something you can't even see in the first place. I click on cryokinesis. A box appeared quickly after. The only subskill I could see under cryokinesis was Create Ice. I put the box away, soon I got a notification telling me the quest was completed and that I leveled up five times along with some skills leveled up. Only Physical Endurance, Sprinting, Fly were the only skills that leveled up. I skip checking the items from the quest, I can always look at them later.

I get up and walk over the entrance to the room. I open the door and I remembered what was in the room. I totally forgot about the circles of death. I let out a weak sigh. I take a few steps back, I quickly sprint forward. When I was approaching the edge of the floor I jump, I use the wind to fly across the room. I easily got to the other side of the room without any problems. Thank god it was easier this time. I slowly walk into the room with the three hallways connected to it. As I enter the room I look at the last hallway I have to go through. I wonder how hard that one is. If the second hallway was hard how hard would the third one be? I take out the map to the dungeon, to my surprise the last hallway only had one room.

I'm pretty sure I can do one more room. I walk up to the entrance to the hallway. Hopefully this one isn't that bad. I walk through the hallway expecting something to come out of the shadows. The hallway eventually led to a room that was mostly a pit of doom. The only pieces of floor you could step on was a narrow path and a platform in the middle of the room. I looked down into the parts where the floor was gone, at the bottom I could see spikes pointing towards the ceiling. Well this room doesn't see dangerous at all. I step onto the path to get to the platform. While I was on the platform, I lost my balance a couple of times, but thankfully I was able to use the wind to slightly push myself to the side. Eventually I was able to get to the platform. The platform was about the size of a boxing ring.

What Ami supposed to do here? I walk towards the middle of the platform, suddenly I begin to hear music play out of nowhere. I suddenly get a notification for a quest. I take out my katana and I quickly close the box. I summon Anenoid. Anenoid's clothes were suddenly back to normal, I guess the ring takes care of that. I start to feel anxious; the music playing did not help my rising anxiety. The music had a cowbell playing in the background along with what I assume was techno music playing. I give Anenoid his weapon and hope I won't have to fight something dangerous.

(A/n: If you want to know what the music sounded like.)

Anenoid suddenly gets sent flying off the platform. I see him slowly fall onto the spikes. I wince. God that must feel awful. I suddenly feel a sharp pain go through my arm. I try to move my arm but when I moved my arm a hole started grow. The more I moved the larger the hole got. I then feel a blunt object hit me directly in the stomach. I sense something about to attack the side of my head. I send out a wave of wind towards its direction. I see a figure jump back a few feet away from me. I slowly get back up to look at what attacked me.

In front of me I see a humanoid robot. The robot was different the other humanoid robots in the dungeon. The robot was smaller and leaner, it barely reached to my upper thigh. Unlike the other human shaped robots this one had yellow pieces of armor covering its body. On its chest plate there was two swords making an x. Its armor looked beautiful, but what had my attention was its weapon. The weapon had two blades on each side, in the middle of the two blades was the hilt. The blades had a slight curve to the tip. The blades had an azure line going down the middle, around the line there was a yellow outline. Its weapon had my attention for so long that I didn't notice that it positioned its arms to make it look like it was going to use a bow. It used its free hands to grip the air next to middle part. It moved its hand its hand to its chest, a bright blue line suddenly appeared in its hand. The line made it look like it was a bow, it even had a yellow light that looked like an arrow. I stopped looking at its weapon.

It let go of the string and the arrow quickly flew through the air. I barely had enough time to duck under it. I sent a wind arrow at it. It quickly ran towards it and flipped over it. I feel a fuzzy feeling in my head. Not now Copycat! When the robot was close enough it put its two hands on the handle. It tried to slice the side of my stomach, but I was able to block it. I see the middle of its sword split in half; each hand was holding a sword. Wait what. I didn't have a chance to react when it brought up its sword to try cut off my head. I push its hand away with Wind's Cannon. Its body suddenly moves to one side. I expected it to back off but it instead jumped up and kicked me with both of its legs. I get knocked to the floor while the robot fell onto its back. I quickly get back up and charge at it. The robot looked like it was struggling to get back up. When I was a few feet away I use the opportunity to try to slice at its stomach. As I was bringing down my sword, I suddenly saw it appear to my side. It tried cutting my stomach but luckily, I was able to use Wind's Cannon to launch myself to the side.

When I landed, I saw that there was actually two of the robots. Its weapon was also slightly different. Its weapon was suddenly split in two different pieces instead of it being one single piece. Please tell me it can duel wield, if it can its cheating. Its already enough that there's two of them I don't need it duel wielding right now. One suddenly disappears into thin air. Oh god it can become invisible now. The one still remaining decided to rush towards me. I use Wind Slash to try to cut its arm, instead my attack went through it. Okay this REALLY isn't fair.

I sense something behind me. I feel a blunt object kick me in the back. My body falls to the ground and the robot in front of me fades away. I feel the robot step on my back. I use Wind's Cannon to knock it off, I feel the pressure on my back go away. The robot lands on its back a few feet away from me. I slowly get back up on my feet. I look around only to find the other robot gone. Unlike the last time the robot lifted its legs up into the air, it puts its hands on the floor next to its ears, it then rolled back on its arms and kicked up into the air. Its body went up into the air and it landed on its feet. I feel the perk Copycat activate. It slowly walks towards me until I was it could reach me with its weapon.

The robot tries to cut the side of my head, I duck and attempt to stab it in the stomach. It blocks my sword, I quickly step back. I swiftly move forward and slice at its arm. Thankfully the robot wasn't able to doge this time, but my sword did get stuck in its arm. It turns its body and quickly kicks me in the stomach. I feel the wind get knocked out of me. The kick forces me to take to take a few steps back. My sword was still stuck in its arm. It ignored the sword and ran towards me. I take out another katana. When it got close to me tried slashing at my arm. I didn't have enough time to react. Instead its sword goes through my arm, I sense something above me. I jump to the side and the robot that stabbed me through the arm faded away. The other robot dropped from the sky. I start thinking about what its power may be.

Is it main power making clones? Or maybe something else close to it. I'm just going to stick with it being able to make clones. I send a wind arrow at its head. It ducks and I start to run at it. It raised its swords to its chest. I use Wind Slash at its legs. It quickly jumped over my attack. I use the opportunity to send a wave of wind at its hand. Its sword flies out of its hand and lands a few feet away. As it was falling I try to stab its chest. It used its other sword to block it. It raises its leg to try to kick me in the head. I was somehow able to doge. It landed on its feet and somehow it was able to push me back a little bit. In less than a second it sliced the skin of my fingers. I ignore the pain and slice at its chest. My sword cuts deep into the robot. Finally, I did something to it! It jumps and does a few backflips until it was a few feet away from me. I feel Copycat activate and I get the fuzzy feeling in my head. It slowly walks over to its other half of its sword.

Without thinking I use the wind to bring it over to me. I grab it and put it in my inventory. Now it can't use the weird bow thing. The robot looks over to me. Its face was motionless, but I could tell that I annoyed it. It raised its free hand, out of nowhere the other half of its weapon appears. Oh c'mon! That's bullshit! It connected its two swords together and got into the position to use its bow. I take out a small Mp potion to test something. As soon as I open the bottle it fires its arrow. I don't know if this is true, but I don't think it can make clones, instead I think it uses illusions to trick people. If it's true than I would be happy I took the gamble, if it turns out I'm wrong then I'm dead. The arrow goes through my chest. I feel my legs start to shake. I slowly look down. Thankfully my chest didn't have a hole in it.

I guess I was right. So it still has one part of its sword, the other part is still an illusion. I drink the mp potion and I prepare to trick it. I slowly take a few steps toward it. I slowly go from walking to full on sprinting. It jumped to the side. I aim Wind's Cannon at its chest. The robot flips its body to its side. Before it landed, I use Wind's Cannon again to send it flying. It hits and it goes fly off the edge. Did it work? I run over to the edge. Sure, enough its body was impaled by the spikes.
I get a notification saying that I completed a quest. I look at it for a quick second.

Quest Completed!

Rewards:
900 xp

$150

30 points

Retribution

New Skill (Illusions)

New Skill (Parkour)

+5 to Vit

+2 to Dex

Access to the second floor!

What about retribution? Was that an item, a perk, or what. First, I check my Inventory. I see an item called Retribution. I take it out. The bosses weapon suddenly appears in my hand. The weapon felt perfect in my hands. The weight, the hilt, the way it felt was shaped felt perfect. It felt like it was made for me. I take a few swings with it; I was easily able to thrust and slice through the air. The more I swung it the more confident I felt with it. Soon my hands were moving in one singular blur. I suddenly remember about the hilts of the swords being able to connect. I stare at it for a little bit before deciding to make the tips of the hilts touch. Nothing happened. Maybe Inspect will help?

Retribution

This weapon by inspired by the Golden Warrior's weapon. Like the Golden Warrior's Weapon this weapon is a double-bladed sword, two uniquely shaped swords, and a bow all in one! All its missing is the weapon's Nodachi form. This weapon can change from a double-bladed sword to two different swords in just a thought! To use the bow form the weapon has to be in its double-bladed sword form, imagine the sword looking like a bow and pull back on where the string would be.

Damage (Bow form)-150 damage

Damage (Double-bladed form)- 200 damage

Damage (Duel wield form)- 175 damage.

Golden Warrior? That's a stupid name. But I do like his or her weapon. I don't mind it not having a Nodachi form, I remember how big the Nodachi I got earlier on in the dungeon was. I close the box and I imagine the swords connecting to each other. Suddenly the end of the hilts suddenly get drawn to each other, it felt like they were both magnets that were being pulled together. I try using the double-bladed weapon. Like the two swords it felt natural. I twirled it in my hand with little effort. I thrusted and sliced the air in front of me. I didn't bother using the bow form .After practicing with it for a little bit, I put the weapon in my Inventory with a small smile. A box appears telling me that I leveled up.

You leveled up 3 times!

Lvl 39

Xp: 40/150

Hp:148/148

Mp:113/113

Stamina:155/155

Str: 53+1=54 (57)

Dex: 61+2=63 (69)

Vit: 61+2=63 (67)

Wis: 53+1=54

Int: 46+1=47

Luc: 45+1=46

Points: 67

I close the box and notice how close I 'am to the edge. I back off from the edge until I was in the middle of the platform. I sit down on the floor and look at the other boxes that appeared.

Thanks to specific actions you did, you earned multiple skills!

Double Bladed Sword Mastery- You can use a double-bladed sword. Good job! I don't know why you would want to use this, its hard to use in a fight.

Lvl50(2%) Basic Slash(Double Bladed Sword)- You are better than most when using a double-bladed sword. Keep it up. 20% bonus to damage whenever you use a double-bladed sword.

Lvl50 (0%) Parry (Double Bladed Sword)- You can block attacks when you use a double-bladed sword. Just be sure when you're blocking attacks you don't hit yourself in the head.

Lvl50(4%)Duel wield technique (One handed swords)- You can use a sword in each hand what did you expect from this skill.

Bow Mastery- You can use a bow. Why do you need to read this.

Lvl25(0%) Single Shot- You can shoot one arrow at a time. Its not bad but also not that good either.

Parkour- You can get over obstacles with parkour.

Lvl45(0%) Back flip- You can do a back flip, good job just don't fail and break your neck

Lvl45(0%) Front flip- You can do a black flip; good job just don't fail and break your neck.

Lvl45(Side Flip)- You can do a side flip, just don't fail and land on your arm or back.

Wrestling- You can throw or hold people to the ground.

Lvl45(0%) Dropkick- You can jump up and kick your enemy in the chest. Just don't expect to land on your feet.

After I was done reading the box, I closed it. Damn those levels were high! Using Copycat feels like I'm cheating, I'm not complaining about it though. I position myself to that I was laying on the floor.

I think I deserve just a tiny break.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 31 1
A threat that turned into a fight. A fight that turned into a battle. A battle that turned into a war. It's the year 2172. Humans and Monsters in...
603K 31.4K 61
Imagine if your life turned into a game! You could see the power levels of people and your life became a series of quests. That is what happens to Ra...
14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...
253 31 13
Embark on a thrilling odyssey with Dark as he confronts cosmic forces, battles supernatural foes, and navigates his own inner depths. In this rivetin...