Worth Fighting For (Completed...

By NiranjanaNepol

You can ask me anything but about one man. Don't ask me, "why is he doing this?" and "Why doesn't he do this... More

1 Heart Beat
Untitled Part 2
3 By hook or by crook
4 Path to the Destiny
5 Change of plan
6 Yours Husband
7 Outrage
8 Two Options
9 Faint- Hearted Girl
10 Spur
11 Gust of Air
12 Butterflies Again
13Heart Feel
14 Downpour on the Desert
15 Showing Happiness
16 Evil's Entry
17 Examination
19 Life Taking Moment
20 Devi Maiya's Grace
21 Is that Asha's Job?
22 Expressive Eyes
23 He knows the Truth
24 I Love You a Loooot
25 Poisoned Food
26 Possessive Monster
27 Boomerang
28 I Knew...
29 Difference...
30 Saree
31 Saree
32 She is my wife
33 Queen
34 Angered Child
35 Reason
36 Consultation
37 Romantic Arnavji
38 Unexpected Peck
39 Temple Visit
40 Heart Feel
41 Mother's place
42 Hearty Feeling
43 Order...
44 What Tomorrow?
45 Atonement
46 The Diamond Ring
47 Forgiveness
48 Spoilt Brat
49 Unknown Side
50 The Phone Call
51 Acceptance
52 The New Couple
53 Judgement
54 Last Part
55 Epilogue

18 My Mom's Heart

7.6K 429 93
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 18 

Reshma's nervousness rose into no limit. She was looking at the wall clock again and again. Ten minutes have already passed. Khushi hasn't come out of Arnav's room yet. Why? Don't know what's happening inside. She was pacing here and there, squeezing her hands.

Hari Prakash looked at Reshma and then Uditha who was standing, leaning on the wall, smirking. HP poured the coffee in the kitchen sink and washed the cup.

Udi: Arrey, why did you waste the coffee?

HP looked at her frowning.

Udi: You would have slept without disturbance if you had the coffee...

She said sarcastically.

HP(panicking): No no... I don't want that coffee.

Udi(chuckling): You work so hard HP... you need rest. That coffee might have given you peaceful sleep.

HP: Was that coffee had sleeping pills?

Udi: I guess... She wouldn't have sent Khushi if it was not a sleeping pill.

HP(smilingly): Oh... but I can't sleep like that. Arnav baba will call me anytime.

Udi(in mind): Today, he won't call you.

She left the kitchen smilingly and reached Reshma.

Udi: Hi... you are looking nervous... any problem?

Reshma nodded NO.

Udi (pretending): Where is Khushiji?

Reshma: In Jeejaji's room.

Udi: Really? I can't believe this.

Reshma looked at her frowning.

Udi: This is the first time she went to his room. I think you made her understand the importance of husband. Right?

Reshma volunteered a grin.

Udi: I'm sleepy. It seems Khushiji will sleep in ASR's room. Good night.

She observed Reshma whose face looked sour. She left the place joyfully.

ArShi Room

Arnav was carrying Khushi in his arms, towards the bed, meeting her eyes. There... he saw nothing other than bit nervousness. Yes, Khushi was nervous. After all, it was her first night. Though she came to him wholeheartedly she was disturbed by the difference he showed suddenly.

Keeping Khushi on the bed, Arnav laid beside her studying her reaction. He tried his best not to get attracted to her. Khushi closed her eyes when he drew lines on her cheek by his index finger. 

Khushi clutched his hand and kept it on her cheek, making him gulp. He kissed her forehead adoringly. While caressing her cheek by his cheek, his hand removed the saree pin, giving freedom to her saree pallu. He slowly took the pallu off, getting her front view.

Khushi felt a shiver on her spine as she knew what's next. She was getting ready to bear it. Before her thoughts got completed, Arnav touched the Heart transplantation STITCH mark on her chest which made her body tremble. She closed her eyes tightly not having guts to look at Arnav as she couldn't bear the sensation of his touch.

Making her more shiver, Arnav kissed the STITCH mark. Khushi clutched the quilt tightly. She expected something BIG will happen next. But.... without doing anything, Arnav laid on her heaving chest and heard her HEARTBEAT. Khushi opened her eyes by his weird act of "doing nothing". She thought he will peel her clothes off, without wasting time. But what he is doing? That's when he began to spoke.

Arnav (lovingly): Your HEART is beating faster. Do you know why?

Doesn't she know why? Only she knows, how tensed she is. She kept silent.

Arnav: Because my mom is so happy as we are together.

Khushi frowned couldn't understand, what he is talking about. What his mother is doing with her heartbeat?

Khushi(in gauzy tone): your Mom?

Arnav: Yes... my Mom...

Khushi: But, the much I know, she is no more...

Arnav (pressing his face more into her chest): No.... according to the world, she is no more but... for me... she is living in you.

Khushi: In me?

She asked with extreme confusion.

Arnav: The HEART which is beating inside you is MY MOTHER'S.

Khushi was shaken to the core. What he is telling?

Arnav: My mom gave her heart to you which belongs to ONLY ME (he stressed). My Mom is everything to me. She is my past, present, and future. She always says that her heart will beat only for me. Then, how could I let it beat for someone? That's why I married you Khushi because I don't want my mother's heart to feel bad. I want to make her heartbeat happy... forever... see, how happily it's beating. It feels happy because you accepted me as your husband in every sense.

Khushi went completely speechless. Is she having his mother's heart? His mother is the one who donated her heart to her? This is the reason why he married her?

Arnav: I know you will come to me one day. I know my mother will bring you to me soon. I know your heart can't be without loving me. My mother had chosen you for me. She knew you will be the healer of my pain, Khushi. I love my mother so much and now I love you as well... only you...

Khushi was bewildered by Arnav's confession. Uditha was right. He is in love with her... from a different angle... That too next to his mother... The man who was on her chest is not who she witnessed a few minutes ago. He was someone... an angel's son. Yes... his mother must be an angel. Or else he would not have fought to get heart for himself. Khushi had seen "mother's love" in many movies but she was not lucky enough to feel it in her life. This man is expecting that kind of love from her. Her HEART sobbed for him.

Arnav was in an unknown state. He reached the place where he belongs. Yes, he reached. He opened his eyes, jerking. His face changed his expression all of a sudden because Khushi circled his neck by her left hand and caressed his hair lovingly with right hand which made him feel like a KING. His face got filled with a divine mixture of expressions. Arnav Singh Raizada got to know, he could cry happily... he could smile with tears... He snuggled more into her chest and closed his eyes.

Yes, Khushi's hands automatically rose... without thinking about anything...but about one man... without caring about anything... but about one man... she did that. She doesn't want to think anything more than HIM... just HIM...

Everything is getting clear in Khushi's eyes. HP had already told about him and his mother. She knew he was left like an orphan in a stranger's country, forcefully. She is having his mother's HEART. That's why he came to Lucknow all the way to get her... Maybe he would not have got time to explain his condition before marriage. That's why, without choice, he married her in that way.

Khushi felt him sleeping. He was sleeping on her chest. Does he really sleep? Yes, he is sleeping peacefully... after many years; he is sleeping peacefully... the best sleep of his life. He is sleeping as if he got everything... as if he achieved everything...

Khushi was stunned. Is not he going to do ANYTHING more than sleeping...? This is what he wanted? Just to hear his mother's heartbeat...? This is what the meaning of him asking her "SLEEP WITH ME?" He JUST wants to sleep with her? Not more than that?

See, how peacefully he is sleeping...? This man is hiding his real side in his heart, not allowing anyone to know. He is not what he shows out. He is a man who believes in emotions more than bodily pleasure. Don't know why her eyes getting teary. She kissed his hair. Her eyes fell on the papers which were on the table. Vidya and Reshma are waiting for the papers. Let them wait. Nothing is important than Arnav. She was not ready to disturb his sleep. And Arnav's grip was enough strong not to let her go away. He was clutching her shoulders, circling her upper arms. It seems Arnav won't leave her that easily. And she too doesn't want him to leave her though. Entwining her fingers together, she circled his shoulders. Soon, she also dozed off.

To be continued...

Next update on Inkitt

Life Taking Moments

Arnav jerked sensing his position. He was lying on Khushi's chest. Recollecting yesterday's happenings, he tossed on the bed, looking at Khushi's sleeping form. He was delighted. She was on his bed and he was on her chest. She almost submitted herself to him. Their first night would have completed if he had taken the chance. He smiled. Covering her with the quilt, he went to the washroom.

Arnav came out getting fresh, all smiling, thinking about his confession. His eyes fell on the documents which he kept under the laptop. Sitting on the recliner, he went throw it. His facial expression changed horribly while reading it. He punched the tea table furiously and the sound woke Khushi up. She sat on the bed jerking.

To read the above update, use my inkitt link dearies...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 766 23
Status ~ Ongoing THE SAGA OF LOVE ~ Falling for someone unexpectedly & passionately. ________________________________________ Hey Sunshines 🌻 This...
142K 5.2K 27
Khushi Kumari Gupta and Arnav Singh Raizada have nothing in common between them - except the mutual passion from the moment their eyes met. Unable to...
135K 8.9K 48
Khushi, a girl of dreams left her city due to continuous threatening. She shocked to the core to see a man whom she loved the most. The man who eve...
440K 22.6K 87
Arnav Singh Raizada was a DREAM MAN of many girls. That was the condition, THEN. But, no one dares near him. It's the condition NOW. We can mention i...