Coffee at first sight

By Selenegreyy

When Ayla Porter's father suddenly announces that she's about to get married to Xander Grey, the rich and arr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 5

981 89 4
By Selenegreyy

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing fine :)

Please vote and comment of you like this chapter. It means a lot. xoxo

It's already been three days since I have cooped myself in this room. I don't mind it to be honest. I have always been on my own. The only problem is that I have not eaten since the day of my wedding. I don't even have any vanilla milk with me either. Thank goodness I can control my hunger. I really do not want to get out of this room. I just feel like sleeping all the time.

Finally when I start feeling the need for coffee, I decide to go downstairs. I get up from the bed and instantly see black everywhere.

Oops. I got up too quickly.

Sitting back again, I take a few breath then get back up again. I walk slowly till the kitchen.

"My head really hurts", I murmur to myself.

"It usually happens when a person starves herself", Xander says.

I instantly frown when I see him. So much for avoiding him. He's having his dinner. I walk towards the kettle and put the water to boil. I can feel his eyes on my every move.

"People who starve themselves purposely  are really idiots", he continues.

I glance towards him then avert my eyes. His statement is really triggering for my already damaged brain. I just won't focus on his words.

"And you Porter are the dumbest person on earth", Xander says casually. "I knew you lack maturity but not this much."

Suddenly the floor under my legs start moving. My heart starts beating rapidly blocking Xander's voice. I need to sit down quickly or else I'm going to fall down. Turning off the kettle, I turn back and find him staring at me. I ignore him and start walking out of the kitchen but before I reach the door, I see black and lose conscious.

I open my eyes and find myself in my room. How did I get here? I was in the kitchen. I rub my forehead when I realized that I had blackout in the kitchen. How did I get in my room then? Did Xander bring me here? No he won't. He finds me revolting.

I drag my body in a sitting position and stop breathing when I see Xander sitting on the armchair watching me.

Without saying anything to me, he gets up and leaves my room. I sigh and lean my head back. Thank God he didn't said anything.

My head still hurts. I groan in pain. Suddenly the door opens again and I stiffen. Xander strolls in with a plate of food.

"Eat!", he orders.

Wow! He's ordering as if I'm a freaking dog.  But either way, I won't eat.

"I'm not hungry", I say angrily.

"Don't be stupid", he says in a low voice controlling his anger. "Eat your food!"

"I said I'm not hungry", I repeat. "And why the hell do you care so much?"

"I don't. I really don't care about you", he snaps instantly. "I don't want people saying how badly I treat you. It's going to tarnish my reputation."

"I don't care about your reputation", I state.

Xander keeps the food on the bedside table and glares at me.

"Listen here", he starts angrily. "If I hear rumors about how malnourish you look outside, I swear to God I'll ruin your entire family. What are you exactly trying to do by starving yourself?"

"I'm not starving myself", I say. Atleast, I don't do it intentionally.

Xander quirks one eyebrow up. His anger is still visible in his grey eyes.

"If you're trying to kill yourself, just know that as long as I'm here, you'll have to work more harder for it. Not even God can take you away from me."

"You are so rude!", I snap.

"Eat your food", he orders and turns to leave.

"I won't eat it."

"If you don't eat, I'm going to close your clothing shop", he says and leaves.

"He can't do that", I say.

My eyes land on the bedside table again. Xander have made soup for me. Any other girl would have said 'aww my husband made soup for me' but not me.

"No! I'm not eating this. He might have poisoned it."

My eyes shift on the medicines and a prescription. Did he really called a doctor for me? Why?

"Yeah right!", I realize. "His reputation."

I look at the food again. I really do not have an appetite right now. I won't force myself to eat just because he threatened me. Laying down again, I close my eyes and luckily sleep comes fast.

The next day, after showering and cleaning myself, I take the bowl which contains the soup and tiptoe downstairs. I have to throw it before Xander sees it. Suddenly, I stop.

"Why am I even tiptoeing?", I ask myself. "I'm not afraid of him."

My heart jumps suddenly when I recall his words from yesterday night.

"If you don't eat, I'm going to close your clothing shop"

"He won't do that", I confirm to myself.

I start singing one of my favorite song while I walk to the kitchen.

"Cause I wanna touch you, baby

And I wanna feel you, too
I wanna see the sunrise and your sins
Just me and you
Light it up, on the run
Let's make love, tonight
Make it up, fall in love, try

But you'll never be alone
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here
I'll hold you when things go wrong
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here"

Just as I sing the last lyric of this verse, I notice Xander watching me. As always, he has his pokerface on.

His eyes falls on the bowl which I'm holding and he looks at me again. I sign internally. He does not care. Because he's not angry.

Without removing his gaze from my face, he removes his mobile.

"Grey", he snaps. "You have one hour to vacate my wife's shop. The Bella Boutique."

I gasp as he cuts the call.

"You can't do this!"

"I just did", he shrugs and takes a step closer nearer making me retreat instantly.

"Keep on defying me Porter,", he says and gives the plat a look. "This is your punishment for wasting food."

"Who do you think you are?", I say angrily.
"My father? You can't tell me what to do!"

"I told you if you don't obey me there will be repercussions."

"I'm not your freaking dog Grey! You can't order me around!"

He looks at me blankly.

"Xander you will not close my boutique", I say calmly after a while. "Emily will lose her job. The other employees will be jobless."

"You should thought about that yesterday", he states and turns to leave.

"And next time do not sing. You sound like a howler monkey."

What?!

I almost run to catch up with him.

"Xander", I say. "You can't do this. I am going to eat now. I swear. That shop is our dream. You can't do this."

Without giving me another glance, he leaves from there.

"Xander", I cry out in frustration.

I walk in the kitchen and throw the food in the thrash angrily.

"Who does he think he is?!", I say angrily. "I swear to God if he does anything to my boutique I'll... I'll.... Shit! I do not even know what I will do to him. Let me call Emily first!"

I run quickly,climbing the stairs rapidly. Just when I reach the last step, I trip and fall down.

"Oh my god", I hiss in pain. "My leg."

I have succesfully hit my knee on the hard floor and it hurts so bad.

"Why do you do this everytime?", I question my leg. "You always let me down."

Suddenly, I see a shadow looming over me. Xavier is watching me with a bore look. He shakes his head slightly in disbelief and leaves.

"Thank you so much for helping", I murmur angrily as I get up. "But either way I don't need your help!"

I limp quickly in my room and take my phone. I jump when it starts ringing instantly.

"Emily!", I answer it. "I was just about to call you."

"Ayla", she says in a panic voice. "What's going on? Why is your husband vacating our shop?!"

"He's not my husband", I blurt and stop when realization dawn upon me.

"Well he is", I say. "Just don't remind me."

"What's going on Ayla?", she demands.

I told her what happened yesterday and how I fainted all the while waiting for her to go all bonkers on me.

"Ayla Grey!", she snaps then suddenly she takes a deep breath and her voice turns smooth just like honey.

"Why are you starving yourself? Did you eat today?"

"There's nothing wrong Em", I assure her slowly. "It's just that I didn't want to leave my room. You know how I get when I want to be alone."

"You must eat Ayla", she says softly. "I don't want you to get sick."

"I will eat, I promise", I reassure her.

"What are we going to do now Ayla?", Emily asks sadly. "I ask one of the man why they are vacating the building he said Grey bought this entire building and do not want anyone here."

"Perks of being a billionaire", I murmur.

"Ayla we had already paid the rent in advance and now it's over", she groans.

"Don't worry I'll talk with Xander", I promise her.

After a while, I cut the call and throw myself on the bed. What should I do? Taking a pillow, I bury my face into it and let out a scream of frustration.

How am I going to convince Xander now? That asshole is so stubborn and arrogant. What should I do?

"Oh my god", I murmur. "I hate him."

My stomach suddenly growls reminding me that I still have not taken breakfast yet. Taking my mobile, I decide to have a good balanced breakfast. I need the energy to talk or fight with that dumb ass.

I open the fridge to see if by any chance there's any vanilla milk but there's none. There's only plain milk. Xander likes stuff just like him.

Completely plain.

I make myself some cereal because it's the easiest thing and also because I don't know how to cook.

While eating, suddenly I remember Xander calling me a howler monkey earlier. What is that? I decide to google it up. I choke on my cereal when I see the image.

That asshole!!!

My mouth is still pop open when Xander saunters inside the kitchen. He removes a bottle of water for himself.

"Are you serious?", I exclaim.

Xander simply lifts one of his eyebrow and turns to leave.

"You called me a howler monkey?!", I gasp.

"I did", he confirm with a nod.

"Why?"

"Because you sound like one and look like one", he shrugs.

I turn my mobile screen and put it next to my face.

"Are you blind?! We do not look the same", I snap.

"You do behave like one", he states in a bored tone and leaves.

"Fuck you!", I hiss lowly in anger.

Finishing my breakfast, I sit there for a while all the time my mind thinking about how to convince that moron.

Frankly when it come to Xander, my mind gets completely blank. He's like a robot. No emotions. I can't even understand him and I can't even understand how am I supposed to start a conversation about my boutique with him!

"No Ayla", I say to myself in determination. "Your precious baby boutique is at stake right now. You have to get it back from the devil. By hook or by crook."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614K 17.1K 40
Natalia Fuller has had a difficult upbringing in her early adolescence but she has learned to come out strong. As a result, she has a wonderful full...
64.1K 3.1K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
7.8K 290 32
-COMPLETED- To love and be loved. That's all what Ayla Kingston wanted. But what happens when she harbours feelings for two people at once? The ques...
79.7K 2K 10
Sierra Walker had always dreamed of her perfect wedding. She wanted a relationship exactly like her parents. She aspired to find her true love and be...