Shred Of Hearts [COMPLETED]

By darkest112

"Bold of you to assume you're worthy enough to occupy my thoughts." _______ Ciane has always been an outcast... More

Author's Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41: Epilogue

Chapter 1

10.1K 271 126
By darkest112

TW: Attempted R*pe

Ciane

I groan and hit my alarm off with my werewolf strength trying to ignore the chores that I know await me. My eyes hardly coordinate with my entire body, begging me to go back to sleep and avoid the cold that was currently grasping onto me like a leech.

However, even I knew I couldn't do that. With little will power and determination, I pluck the duvet and rush to the bathroom.

I glare at my reflection on the cracked mirror and almost feel disappointed with what I see. I was rather slim with my shoulder length brown hair and mud brown eyes. My upper lip is thinner than my lower and a small birth mark laid on the base of my nose. The most prominent feature being the pink thick scar that runs along the side of my face, fully showing the intentions of the culprit who left it there.

It disgusts me.

I abruptly look away and strip, taking a much needed shower from all the previous chores and activities.

I had stayed up late last night, busy preparing the meals. I never get a day off like most people do. I slave and work in the kitchen with the omegas of the pack. It wasn't always this bad. It wasn't always this painful yet, I had to adapt to it or be trampled on, be beaten or work. Each time I chose the latter.

My parents, I recall, were the best and when they were with me, I didn't have to work so hard. It has been too many years since they died and the memories we shared never faded. How they cared, loved and took care of me so gently. I was so young but those were the best days of my life. None I've ever had ever again.

Shutting off the rather depressing thoughts is quite hard but necessary. The consequences of not doing so still laying too vividly in my mind.

Each morning,  I am required to wake up early and work with the rest of the omegas. I became one by default. Who would want to accept an orphan, really with no family members and zero friends.

I sigh when I find the kitchen empty. The omegas find joy in letting me suffer for they know I'll always be at the receiving end of any punishment given. It's what I've known. I loath it, hate it yet, I let the feeling remain.

Picking everything I need to make breakfast, I begin making pancakes so that maybe they can join me when I'm done or when I'm nearly done.

The alpha hated me even more for reasons I had never comprehended and I am always the one to pay and receive more punches or slaps than the rest. He had instilled pure fear within me and he knew this. He finds bliss in my cower, in the tears that trail down my frail form and cheeks. He finds ecstasy in the pain that I endure at his hands. He loves the pain I feel and I have seen genuine smiles form on his lips. I have witnessed how psychotic he really is.

He finds pleasure in my pain, a type of pain, I would not wish on anyone.

----

They didn't show for about an hour and that hour depletes my strength. When they did, I could see the smug looks being shot my way and I instantly realize their intentions.

My eyes find the loving couples displaying affection as I served their breakfast. I stare at the loving mates all cuddled up, feeding and being cute to each other. Their soulmate. The one made for them.

Mate.

A word every wolf desires and wants to hear. My parents were mates and they loved each other so much. They made me believe it too, even believe that everyone is good somehow. I used to believe it, live even by it, but as time went by I realized that people lie and enjoy other people's suffering so why would I tolerate them and think they are good.

I have never desired mates, but if I were to encounter him, I wanted them to be from a different pack. Not one that has found peace in my tears.

My mind lights up when I realize that tomorrow is my birthday. The day I'm supposed to find my mate, the other half of my soul, or so they say.

-----

I let out a long groan as I  try to rest my already hurting body. I walk to the tiny closet and ramage through it, pull out a tattered old book, the cover that once was ivory white, now an earth brown with tears on almost every page.

I've always loved reading because it usually teleports me from my harsh reality to a much better place, a place I wish I was. It makes me feel emotions that the characters are feeling and that's what's capture my heart. It makes me temporarily forget how terrible my life really is.

I don't know for how long I read but I'm interrupted by the sudden slamming open of my door. I glance up from my book, still slightly emersed in the world or my character.

My face instantly pales when my eyes meet the man. I stare at him expectantly and he walks towards me,  almost losing his footing. His eyes look too red and I could smell the liquor on him and I realize he's drunk.

"A...alpha?" I question, fear flowing through every vein in my body.

He stumbles towards me and I quickly shoot out of bed, backing away towards my tiny closet. He walks towards me until he's right in front of me. An instant pain shoot through my face and my face snaps to the side.

He slapped me.

"D... don't you dare look me in the eye, you trash!" He slurs and gives me another slap to my cheek and it hurts. I could feel the sting of tears in my eyes.

He keeps going at it, hitting and slapping me enjoying my whimpers and groans of pain. Before my mind can register, he begins unbuckling his pants and my eyes widen in pure horror and complete terror.

"Wh..what are y...you doing Alpha?" I stutter, my face burning from all the hits and slaps.

"Shut up, you slut!" He snaps before turning my face and pressing his disgusting lips on mine. He grabs my shoulder in a tight grasp, pulling my frail body towards my tiny bed.

Tears flood my eyes almost instantly and in pain. He can beat me, hit me, slap me, hell he can even cut me but I won't let myself be used sexually. I won't let him do that for it's the only thing that is keeping my dignity and me from shattering.

Mustering all the strength in me, I shove him off before hitting him hard on his crotch. This makes his hold on me loosen and I immediately race out of my room, tears cascading down my face in pain and utter misery.

I knew he hated me but to try and rape me is beyond the things that I thought he'd try to do to me. Tears keeps running down my cheeks as I recall everything he just did to me. I rub my lips harshly against my sweater that they begin to hurt as I try to get the image if his lips on mine for my head. This doesn't work as tears keeps streaming.

I suddenly collapse down on the damp grass near the pack border. I'm wise enough not to cross the it. Pulling my knees to my chest,  and an uncontrolled sob escapes my lips as I recall everything that has gone wrong in my life. For my dead parents, for the pain I've had to endure, for all the things I've gone through. My eyes begin to droop from crying so much and I even don't try to stop it or resist it as my vision get blurry and the world turns dark.

-----

When I come to, it was still dark and that actually made me glad. It would make my escape even more easier. All this time I've been holding on, trying not to break even when I was being hated and beaten, and abused. I've been trying to keep myself together hoping that maybe my life would get better but today made me realize that nothing will get better. In fact, things will get worst for me and I will end up losing even my will to live which has happened more than once.

If the alpha wanted to rape me, what would prevent all those other guys from not doing the same? What would stop them from taking everything away from me?

Getting up from the cold grass, I crawl back to the pack house to get the few things that I call my own. It only took ten minutes for me to get to the pack house and I immediately head to my poorly lit room. Grabbing a small tattered duffle bag bought by my parents years ago, I stuff the few clothes in before heading to the kitchen. I grab a few loaves of bread and bottles of water and placing them in my bag.

An amazing sweet scent wafts itself to my nose and I immediately sniff the air. I turn ready to make my final escape but my step halts as a sharp pain shoots through my shoulder. I glance at it and stare at a silver knife sticking out of it.

My brown eyes snaps up and they meet with the green ones of the alpha and immediately my world comes crushing down as we both utter one word that I was never cared for and hating it right now.

"Mate."

No. My fate can't be that cruel. The goddess can't curse me this way. After all I've gone through, after all the pain I've been through?! Don't I deserve some form of peace or a sweet mate?

"Oh goddess. This is impossible." He whispers, his eyes trained on me and for the first time in my life, I'm staring at warm green eyes that if I didn't know him well I would have thought he was a nice guy. A worthy mate, a mate worth fighting and waiting for.

Grabbing the knife on my shoulder, I pull it out as whimpers of pain leave my lips. He stares at my shoulder, in both pain and horror. He caused this.

Through his distraction, I turn towards the door before sprinting away with the little amount of strength that I had left in me. I could hear footsteps behind me but I don't turn to check who it is.

"Please stop!" I hear the alpha scream as his footsteps get closer to me which only made me push myself even harder. I could see the border already and I couldn't wait to cross it. Passing the dazed border patrol, I cross over breathing heavily knowing he can't cross it himself.

"Please stop! I'm so sorry." He whispers, his voice cracking in the process and that makes me scoff.

"What do you want?" I glare at him with all the hate that I could muster and feeling the urge to destroy him, to make him feel all the pain I've gone through, the torture I've endured at his pathetic hands.

"Please come back. I'm so sorry." He whispers, emotions.spilling thought those words, I could see tears brimming in his eyes. If someone would have told me a few days ago that the cruel alpha would be shedding tears because for me, I would have laughed so hard and called them psycho.

"So you can finally rape me? Or chain me to the wall as you punish me for something I totally have no clue about?" I spat my venom filled words and I see him flinch.

"Just tell me your name, please." He begs in utter misery and I let out a humorless chuckle. Of course he doesn't know my name. I've been called all those cliche names and I'm tired. Tired of enduring, tired of the pain. Tired, angry and emotionally drained but most importantly, I'm beyond mad.

I'm mad for all those things they've done to me. I'm angry at everything and everyone. I'm so freaking angry and I swear that the next time he sees me, he'll regret every pain he has inflicted on me, the crude words, the pain filled words, everything he has done.

With that, I offer him a response. A promise of pain, a promise of vengeance before turning and speeding away into the still, cold and ominous night.

"I'm your worst nightmare."

----

In no way or form do I condone rape or the hurting of women. If you go through this, please speak out. You deserve so much better!

I would love to hear from you!

Vote. Comment. Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683K 21.3K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...
209K 9.6K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
4.4M 59.9K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...
52.3K 1.6K 30
Forget everything they tell you about mates. Forget those girls who fall in love with the bad man in the end. Forget those bad men who change for th...