Avatar's Tale (BNHA X AVATAR:...

By blinky_girl1123

Reneii Midoriya, the twin sister of Izuku Midoriya. Unlike her brother she was born with a quirk. But not lik... More

Important author's note
Info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19

Chapter 4

1.9K 42 23
By blinky_girl1123

The next few days flew by really fast. This school was really as cool as everyone made it out to be. And the new friends I made in 1-A are really great. Everyone treated each other with respect and kindness, even Bakugo didn't act out too much.

Today we were supposed to choose a class president, which surprised everyone since it's such a normal school thing. When Aizawa gave us the news everyone erupted, volunteering for the job. I just stayed quiet, I couldn't be bothered with things like this. Everyone was shouting over each other, and honestly, it was pretty funny. But then Iida interrupted everyone, saying how it should be an election. Whoever gets the most votes will be the class president.

"But won't everyone just vote for themselves?" Kirishima asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"That's why whoever manages to get the most votes will be the best suited for the job," countered Iida. 

I honestly thought Iida was the best suited to be class president since so far he got the class to work pretty well together on a few occasions. But the votes told a different story. 

"Hey, Yaoyorozu, what does it say?" I whispered to her before she started reading the scores out to me. 

Izuku had two votes, and I could feel his nerves. So that would mean he would be class president if I didn't get three votes. As soon as Yaoyorozu read them out to me I put my hand up and said:

"I'm not doing it," that gained me a few shocked glances but nobody really asked any questions. 

Somewhere in the loud class, I heard Iida being surprised he got a point. Apparently he didn't vote for himself 'cause that one vote was mine. Finally, the class came to the conclusion that Izuku will be the president and Yaoyorozu will be the vice president. After that our morning lessons went on as normal.

__________________

At lunch, I decided I will sit next to Todoroki this time. He seemed lonely and I need to get on his good side as soon as I can.

"Can I sit here?" I asked when I reached his table, at which he sat alone. To that, I just got a grunt that vaguely resembled a, yeah. 

"You were really good at that battle training with All Might the other day. It takes some strength to cover a whole five-storey building in ice," I said to start a conversation.

"Yeah, I train a lot," he replied monotonously as always. I didn't know what to say to that, he makes it hard to have a conversation with him. I sighed, it'd be easier to just talk about something relatable.

"So, how's Endeavor," I gained a weird look from the boy as I said that but I just ignored it and continued, "Is he being the usual asshole?" That got a reaction from him. He was surprised yet interested.

"Yeah," he said, sounding more like a question.

"I know him, through means I can't tell you about. He's quite the shitty person," I then said.

"You don't know the start of it," I wasn't gonna comment on that, even though I did know it, "Why can't you tell me?"

"You'll know the situation sooner or later, but it's not important to the plot just yet," I said.

"What?" he asked me, confused. 

"I have to say, as a hero, he isn't too shabby, but as a person. Does he even know what the phrase 'decent human being' mean?" I continued. Todoroki shook his head, still a bit confused. 

"Well, at least the rest of the Todorokis are really nice. Your mum is really nice, she also makes really nice pies," I said with a smile.

"How do you know about her pies?"

"She's, or at least was, a friend of my mother's, they were friends in school. So she used to visit whenever Endeavor was on some business trip, she usually brought some pie with her. But after what happened with you and Toya and since she was sent to the hospital we couldn't see her anymore. I do try to visit her if I'm not busy," I explained.

"You really do know a lot about my family, even about Toya, it's something my family hides from even me, still don't know what happened," at that, I looked down with a guilty frown, I probably knew more than him, "At least there's another person we can add to the 'I hate Endeavor' club."

I laughed at that and soon we slipped into a somewhat casual conversation. Sadly, not long after, a loud bell rang throughout the school. I quickly scanned the school grounds, just to make sure it's nothing too dangerous. I knew that the teachers probably have it under control but just in case I need to be at the ready.

"Ugh, the press breached the gate," I groaned, it wasn't anything serious, it was actually quite annoying.

"How do you know that?" Todoroki shouted over the bell and the shouting students.

"My quirk," I stated simply, to which he just nodded.

"It's just the press? There's nothing to panic about then," stated Iida, appearing out of nowhere. It probably doesn't seem like something to panic about, but if I were to guess, I'll say a villain helped them out, I doubt reporters would go to such extent as to breach a high-security hero school. They just took their chance when they saw it.

We were now moving through the corridors and I lost both boys. Although a few minutes later I heard Iida's voice booming from somewhere above. He was standing on the exit sign above the door, barely keeping his balance. He yelled, telling everyone to calm down as it's just the press so there's nothing to panic about. Though I knew better, obviously there was something to panic about, there's always something to panic about. For example, in the morning I had to hide as best as I could so no camera could see me, I even put some shoes on and borrowed Izuku's big hoody so I could hide my face in the hood. I had to have him guide me to the door because I had those stupid shoes on, but I couldn't risk it. Of course, I had to lie to my brother afterwards, making an excuse as to why I had to hide from the cameras. I just said I was scared of the cameras and the reporters and I didn't want anybody to ask me why I was barefoot. So yes, there's always something to panic about.

The crowd finally calmed down and moved calmly and quietly as the teachers took care of the press. After that, it was time for afternoon classes.

___________________

Izuku stood nervously in front of the class, he was practically shaking from nerves. Yaoyorozu stood unfazed next to him. 

"W-We'd like to choose other student council members but before that," He stuttered but all of a sudden he got more confident, "I believe that Iida is better suited to be class president, you all saw how he led us through the crisis."

"Yeah, Iida really showed his stuff back there," Kirishima chimed in, Everyone cheered and praised Iida, saying how he should be the class president.

"Whatever, just get on with it. Such a waste of time," announced Aizawa. I had to agree with him but it's nice to see, or I guess hear, the class being so friendly with each other, I'm sure Aizawa shared my sentiment. 

__________________

After school, I went to the principal about the breach today. I knocked on the office door and walked in. 

"Good afternoon, Reneii," principal Nezu greeted.

"Hello. I came to ask if you know anything about the breach today?"

"Ah, yes. The gates were completely turned to dust, I don't know how any reporter could have done that," he replied thoughtfully.

"No citizen has done that. Tomura Shigararki was walking away from the school after it happened," I explained, "But, once again, he seemed nervous and scared. It might've just been the fear of getting caught by a hero but I still think it runs deeper than that."

"There's a possibility, yes. After all, he has never been seen killing anybody, he hasn't even been spotted injuring people in any major way. He has also been reported to have helped heroes on multiple occasions, nothing major but always something. And you always say he never seemed villainous. It isn't completely out of the question that he was forced to do this, however, we shouldn't jump to a conclusion," Nazu stated.

"Yes, of course. He just got me really curious, I want to help him if he's in fact being forced."

"Just remember, don't blame yourself if something doesn't go well, you're still just a child, don't forget that," he said, concern seeping into his usually care-free, cheerful tone.

"I understand."

"And remember, you're not alone. You might be powerful but there are many people who would help you."

"Yes, yes, I know," I said, waving my hand dismissively. 

"Anyway, I wasn't able to see if anybody else was in the building during the breach. There were too many people around me, overwhelming me, to even focus on something else. However, we can suspect somebody else was there if Shigaraki was there," I started again.

"Your input is important, however, leave this to the pro-heroes, you focus on your studies," Nezu said, the concern not present in his voice anymore.

"Yeah, I'll leave this to the heroes," I said as I was moving out of the room, but we both knew that I won't leave this matter. I will be involved no matter what. 

(1630 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 171 17
you are bokugou childhood friend and deku's adopted sister. you had yet to find out your quirk. soon bokugou started to hurt deku. one day you had en...
53.6K 1.1K 34
"All men are not created equal" he knew that from an early age of four. Our protagonist, Izuku Midoriya, manifested a very powerful quirk. A combinat...
871K 29.6K 22
Y/n Midoriya was a young girl and twin to Izuku Midoriya living with a loving mother. She had always been by Midoriya's side, but it all changed aft...
91.3K 5.3K 36
"I'll be taking back what's rightfully mine, Katsuki." "W-what...? How?! You're supposed to be!-" "Silence." In a world of royal power, not being str...