Chasing waves

By haveabitoffun

Lottie a sweet innocent eighteen year old, has the world at her feet, has everything she ever wanted right in... More

Dont give up
It was a dream.... nightmare
Wanting me
Best friends
Dreaming
Asking permission
Cat fight
Good news
Better to try then not try
Getting back on board
Nothing by support
The family protects
Training
Completing in heat 1
Battling the wave
The news
Happy times
Ten
Proud of you
Im beautiful
Date
Standing up
Friendship
Falling over and over
Not giving up
Hard work
Friendly completion
Heart broken
Lost in thought
Confused
Ending

Moving on

740 7 0
By haveabitoffun

Charlotte pov

Waking up to the sound of an alarm clock after a nightmare on a Monday morning isn't something I would wish on my enemies as it's horrible, who wants to get up early for school, definitely not me for sure. As I look at the alarm clock I grin appears on my face as I throw it at the nearest wall, I watch as it breaks apart as soon as it hits the wall, next time it be a hammer which sounds like a good idea I think to myself. As I lie back down on my bed looking at the ceiling I give myself a couple of minute to calm down before I take myself downstairs to the grandparents but my bed has other ideas. As I go to climb out of bed my feet get tangled in the covers and I fall face first on the floor, definitely not the first time I went head over heals out of bed and I'm sure it won't be the last. I quickly jump up and dust my self off like that didn't just happen before making my way downstairs to my favourite place in the house... the kitchen. 

"Still having nightmares sweetie, maybe we should see someone about them" my grandad says worried about me as it looks like I only got two hours sleep with black bags under my eyes, I know hes worried about me but I am getting tired of telling him I am fine when we both know I am far from that word 'fine'. As he looks at me he already knows what I'm about to say but he knows I'm having nightmare still as he calms me down when I wake up pouring with sweaty which drops of me. I have struggled for two years ever since that accident with the parents and it doesn't appear to get any easier. 

"There just flash backs of us crashing, I'll be fine I swear" I respond with a small smile as I can only remember the lorry travelling towards us at full speed and my parents taking there last breath as it's stuck in my mind unfortunately, sometimes I wish I could only remember the good times but recently the good times are drifting and the nightmares are taking there place. 

"Ok. Come on get ready for school, or you be late. Again" my grandad says with sass as I was only late once or twice actually about eight times last month. Laughing to his sass he starts pushing me towards the stairs hoping I get dressed quickly which I tend to do sometimes but other times I'm in no rush to get dress and leave. My grandparents have been looking after me since the accident which I am grateful for but sometimes I wish my parents was still alive.

I quickly throw on a pair of high waisted shorts with an oversized jumper before heading downstairs back to the kitchen for my breakfast I help with but think would my life be different if my parents was still alive. Taking my seat I start scoffing food down my face but I stop when I picture catches my eye, I though he got rid of them all. The picture was me two years ago when I won nationals at surfing, I have the trophy in my hand and the biggest smile on my face. A couple of tears start to roll down my face as that was also the day my parents told me they was proud of me and the women I become but then the crash happened straight after taking the happiest day away from me and replacing it with my worst. That day is no longer a day that I want to remember more like a day I want to forget but unable to. 

"Your parents were incredible proud of you that day, they couldn't stop smiling when you won" grandad says picking up the photo with a smile as he remembers and getting a closer look but I can't look at it again without breaking down in tears as I only see the day I remember; death. 

"Why don't you try surfing again hunny, you loved it. We could never get you off the board at one point" grandma says smiling but I remember that day clearly, I wanted to play longer but mother wouldn't let me. As I remember the day I turn to my grandma who has a smile on her face, everyone has happy memories of my parents and I wish I could remember some instead of that day but each time I try to think about the good, the bad just return and take over my thoughts. 

"It's been two years since you stopped Lottie" grandad says looking at me with tearful eyes, I don't want to disappoint them but I just can't do what they are asking me, they have been hoping I will return one day but when my biggest supporters are ripped away from me I don't see the point anymore, my parents loved watching me and I did it for them. 

" I can't. It's not the same anymore" I say before storming out but not before grabbing a apple. Once I'm out of the house I break down in tears as they still look at me like nothing has changed but everything has changed, Every time I think about getting back on the board I feel physically sick.

****

At school I'm standing by my locker waiting for my best friend Katie to come, as we both have the same class together and we walk together when I come on time, We meet before class every day so I can listen to her gossip, she always has something new to tell me which is weird as I don't know how she comes about the gossip the way she does. As I close my locker Katie come skating down the halls on her skateboard with a smile on her face, she's a semi pro skater while I was a semi pro surfer, we both had the same dream but as mine faded I still hope Katie comes true she deserves everything. 

"You have to come to my heat today Lottie" Katie says to me excited because if she wins this she's one step closer to becoming the champion but I don't know if I can go, everyone looks at me like they hate me for stopping and I am unable to answer everyone questions they have for me, I haven't been able to attend a heat for Katie competition for a while because of the looks and questions and I wish I was there to cheer her on as I know she do well. 

"I'll think about it Katie" I respond back but she knows thats a no as I don't want to be spotted at any event because everyone will start asking me questions about surfing, theres always someone wanting answers that I cant give. Making our way to English I can see Katie pout I know she's upset but nothing I can do, entering the class we take our seats at the back of the class room where the teacher can't see us as we can't stand her with her being to cheery for us. 

"Settle down class, I have a bunch of the old newspapers for us to go though. We are going to look for an article and write about it" the teacher says but I just roll my eyes as the boys would just look for hot females and not take it serious which is a laugh sometimes theres always a class joker in my classes. As Katie stands up and gets up some newspaper I can already see a thrown appear on Katie face from where I sit but I think nothing off it instead I look out the window till Katie brings my attention to her. 

"Look Lottie" I hear Katie whisper handling me a newspaper with my name on in bold writing and a photo, I roll my eyes at it wishing the teacher would go though the newspaper sometimes as most time the teacher are just as lazy as the students when it comes with creativity and don't care as long as the class rooms are quiet for a short period. 

"Charlotte Lockhart a semi pro surfer. Where is she now after the lost of her parents" Katie reads out but I take it from her and cut it up before sticking it down on my paper and writing 'died with her parents' in bold as a part of me did honestly. I'm sick of people asking when I'll get back on that board as like it's nothing but something happened to me, the tragic death of my parents changed me and it wasn't for the best, even though I have more family that can cheer me on, a teenagers just wants her parents. 

Putting the finishing touches onto my paper I look up and see the teacher approaching me making me turn my work away so she doesn't see it and gives me a disapproving look which happened quite a lot when I seen articles about my parents. As the teacher collects everyone's work I stick mine under Katie's so the teacher doesn't see it straight away, but as the teacher goes though them in front of the class one by one I know she will be getting closer to mine but a part of me doesn't care. Half an hour later the teacher pulls mine out and everyone eyes dart to me everyone showing me looks of pity as they all know that what happened to my parents as it was all over the news but I roll me eyes but a bunch of girls at the front of the class have other ideas and start laughing at my work

"Look at her in the photo, didn't know beach whales can surf" I hear the queen say before laughing but she's only like that because I beat her that year and she wasn't happy, she has always come behind me when it comes to surfing and she has never liked it, her parents have tried to buy her a win as she lacks talent but they haven't been able to until I stopped surfing

"Jealousy doesn't suit you, maybe if you had talent you could have won" I say and everyone breaks out giggling at my comment apart from the teacher who's giving me the look of disapprove but I just shrug my shoulders as she didn't stop the Queen from saying anything, free speech and everything. 

"I won last year so clearly I have talent. You can't win without having mummy or daddy holding your hand" she says but no one is laughing at the comment apart from her friends next to her, the room looks at me waiting for me to return a comment but I just look at her wondering where she gets off bring dead family members up. 

"Your dad bought the judges, you think you won because you had talent. You couldn't be more wrong princess. Your sloppy not only at surfing but also with the comebacks" I say rolling my eyes and packing my stuff up as I'm not sitting around and listening to her talk shit about my family but a message comes though the intercom catching everyone attention

"Charlotte Lockhart to the principal office please"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 799 24
RITHA is a talented surfer together with her team the barracudas , she is a gentle beautiful girl , she lives with her parents her aim is to be a gr...
51.6K 3.1K 74
"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞?" Starting her junior year, Lia DeMarco's pred...
1.1K 53 41
In a southwest Australian beach town, not all is well in paradise... Eden's struggle with perfectionism peaks in her final year of high school. Alrea...
709K 16.9K 42
"This is a story about our love. An intoxicating, fast-paced love that didn't think of time as a source of measurement over the course of a summer th...