My High School Life One Shot...

By unrealisticromantic

Just like we found out with Isabella, there's more to a person then what meets the eye. In this My High Schoo... More

My High School Life One Shot Contest

2.5K 53 10
By unrealisticromantic

"I am here to see Isabella Ace. They are expecting me." I told the guard at the gate as I handed over my ID for him to inspect.

He gave me a gruff nod and handed my ID back as he buzzed me through the enormous gate. I was used to wealth, being born into wealth myself, but this property took wealth to a whole other level. As I drove up the drive to the mansion I couldn't help but grovel at the carefully manicured garden complete with a polished angel fountain centerpiece. As I made my way inside I had to clamp my mouth shut in order to keep my jaw from literally dropping. I was in absolute awe!

In the midst of my marveling at this modern-chic mansion, I felt a strong pain in my stomach. It literally knocked the breath out of me. I looked down to see what I had walked into and caught myself gazing into an angelic face. She put the angel in garden to shame! I held her gray-eyed gaze and noted the red flush creeping on to her already rosy cheeks. I immediately felt jealous of her blush, for it got the opportunity to live in her flawless, porcelain skin and caress her cheeks whenever it wanted.

"Um hi..." She mumbled out, embarrassed. "Who are you?"

Who am I? I thought. The better question is who are you? I must have been a saint in my past life because I definitely have some good karma, right now. 

My eyes wandered down to see she was dressed simply in a white t-shirt and black sweatpants. Simple looked spectacular on her, but all of a sudden it clicked: this must be her!

"Alex," I replied, grinning from ear to ear pleased to discover that I was going to be in this angel's good graces for six months. I held out my hand for her to shake, because as much as I wanted to hug her, I couldn't risk coming on too strong. "You must be Isabella. Nice to meet you."

I felt electricity shoot up my arm as she took my hand in her own. She gave it a small squeeze and graced me with a heavenly smile. I swear this girl wants me to go into cardiac arrest. "Yeah, you too. How did you know my name?"

I felt my smile falter a bit because she was still curious as to why I was in her home, but I replaced it with a new one right away when I realized I would be the one who gets to tell her. "Did no one tell you?" She gave me a blank look and my smile grew. "I'm your personal trainer."

"Wait... what!" she shrieked.

I couldn't help it, I laughed! Her facial expression was so cute, yet funny. "Yes, I'm your personal trainer." I responded, sobering up a bit.

"Um, sorry I didn't think my personal trainer would be someone like...you." She admitted looking down at the floor.

What does she mean someone like me? I didn't think I was that bad looking. Some girls went as far as calling me hot, and I work out! I take care of my body. Shouldn't she want someone like me to take care of her? I have all the qualifications necessary to be the one she can depend on. I am right for her!

"What do you mean?" I asked hoping my exasperation didn't leak into my voice.

She quirked her eyebrow. Great, she did hear helplessness! Hopefully, she'll let me down easy. I knew she was too good to be true, there's no way she actually needed a trainer. I mean, sure she was a little rough around the edges, but even Ray Charles could see that under her frumpy clothes she was a true beauty.

"Well, I imagined that my personal trainer would be big, middle aged, and bald, and you're none of those."

So, what? She was into older men? She continued looking at her feet, making me feel anxious. I had to see her face again. I wanted to look into those serene gray eyes and know for sure that she did not want me.

"Oh, well I'm sorry I'm not what you imagined me to be." I tried to joke. I wanted to make things light, so she would hopefully lift her head, and she did!

"Um, well I was hoping for your sake that you were what I thought you would be." she admitted.

Okay, now I was confused. The look in her eyes held sympathy. Why was she being sympathetic, now?

"Why?" I asked thoroughly confused, now.

"Well, you see my brother -" Before she could even finish her sentence she was bumped out of the way, by a guy who faintly looked like the male version of this angel. Only he was far more furious and ill-tempered.

He stood in the middle of me and Isabella, protecting her. As if I could cause her harm!

"Who are you?" he snarled through clenched teeth.

Then it dawned on me. This must be the brother she was just about to tell me about and she was probably about to warn me about his absurd behavior  Well, I would do the same if I had a sister who looked like that!

"Alex, Isabella's personal trainer, and you?" I politely asked, holding my hand out for him to shake. If I were ever to court Isabella, I would also have to be in her family's good graces, so why not start now.

"John, Isabella's big brother." he all but spit back at me. I dropped my hand, seeing that he was not going to shake it. Well this was going to be a tough one to crack. 

I watched Isabella and John's exchange curiously. He was snapping at her, while she was being as patient as can be with him.

It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks that I could never be with this girl. For one, she was still in high school and for another, I could never get past her bulldog older brother. He would always be around, watching our exchanges like a hawk, and I would never get to have any alone time with her. There would never be any healthy candle-lit dinners, long jogs under the stars, not even any hand holding action. It will always be me, her, and her older brother in the middle. A human brick wall. I suppressed a sigh as I looked back at their exchange, and saw her giving him the most adorable puppy eyes known to man. I would do anything if she ever gave me those eyes. I would even grovel at her feet.

She turned to go up the stairs and I watched her as she ran as fast as her untrained legs could take her. I knew from then on, that I would train her up and exercise her out to my fullest extent. She deserved to be happy and if a workout is what she needed to feel good about herself, then a damn good workout is what she would get. She needed to look into the mirror and see the beauty that captured me from the first time I laid eyes on her. She made me feel as if I had died and gone to heaven, as corny as that sounds. A faint smile appeared on my lips as I realized I would be the one who finally made her happy. I saw her brother give me a stern look, but I didn't care. I was too caught up in my latest revelation.

"So, Alex, what do you think of Bell?" he tried to politely ask.

"She's okay, why?" 

Well, that was the understatement of the century! But what was I supposed to say, that she was charming, exquisite, the apple to my eye, the lady of my dreams? I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure he would literally behead me on the spot.

"No reason, so do you think that my sister's going to be in good shape soon?" He asked, on edge.

"Yeah, she will have no problem losing weight in the next six months as long as she sticks to what I tell her." I replied. I wanted to add that there was no reason for her to lose weight in the first place, and I'd much rather her stay the same, so only I could ogle at her goddess-like qualities, but I kept the latter to myself because I really like my head quite frankly, and I would be seriously pissed if he prevented me further from looking at Isabella. ...Isabella, I smiled to myself.

"Alright, that's good then."

I looked over to him and saw that if he clenched his teeth any harder, his jaw would collapse.

"You don't like me much do you?" I asked suddenly.

He looked up surprised, by my question. "No, not really." he admitted.

"Why?" I probed. Couldn't he see that I practically worshipped the ground Isabella walked on? I would never hurt his sister, ever.

"Because, I don't trust you with my sister." He told me rather harshly.

"Oh, a protective brother I see." I replied, trying to joke around to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, and?" He crossed his arms over his chest trying to be macho.

"No, nothing, but I think you have the wrong idea." There was no need for him to protect her from me. I wanted to protect her myself. She was too delicate for anyone else, but me. She was made for me. He should be coupling us together, rather than setting us apart. I'm here to help her by any means necessary. I laughed, shaking my head to myself. Why can't he see that?

"What's so funny? And what do you mean by 'wrong idea'?" he barked at me, obviously not happy with my answer and amusement. In all actuality, nothing was funny in this situation. Two potential lovers and perhaps soul mates are being held from each other, casting their potential love to flames. But I couldn't actually say this to him.

"If you think I'm going after your sister, you can rest assured." How can I, when your practically keeping her away from me. You won't even let me near her without having yourself presented in the middle of us, extinguishing the electric current I felt flowing between us two.

My answer seemed to have set him off more. Could he possibly read my thoughts? Did he notice the resentment lacing my words? "So you don't think she's pretty enough, is that right?" He asked through his clenched teeth.

WOAH! This guy is on a whole other level. Isabella? Not good enough? If anything, I am not worthy of her! And it was this that truly made me realize that I had absolutely zero chance with her. I was not worthy of her, but I would shape her up to find someone who is at least a slight fraction of worthy. She did not deserve to be cooped up in this elaborate house forever. She was already missing six months of school.

"No, I don't think that, it's just that she's too young for me and anyways I'm dating someone." I lied lamely.

"Oh?" He asked. Crap. Could he see through my lie so easily? Well, I could always go for Jenna, my mom has been pinning for us to get together for a while. She's no Isabella, but my mom had good taste for her son, so I thought there was no harm in taking a shot.

"Yeah," I said this time with more assurance. "so don't worry, I won't try anything with her." As if you'd let me. I added internally.

"Good, but I'm still going to keep an eye on you" he threatened. I knew I would have to work hard to gain his trust, but he needed to know that I was on the same side as him. I also wanted the best for Isabella.

"Alright, whatever you want, John." I replied grinning.

"Whatever... well come on, we better get to the gym" he muttered, still in a foul mood.

"Alright then." I said cheerfully. I was determined to make Isabella see what I saw in her. These next six months might be hell for her, but she will see it was worth it in the end. In the end she will be happy and it will be because of me. Even if I can't have her, at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing I helped build her happiness and that would be enough to keep a smile on my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
3.3M 80.6K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...