Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Twenty Five

10.7K 181 35
By LaurenG185

3rd person POV:

Rebekah and Elijah are still in the werewolf encampments, looking around for the new group of werewolves that Eve told them about. Rebekah looks in distaste at the makeshift homes.

"All these wolves really travel in style, don't they?" Elijah opens the door to a trailer, and peeks in.

"Empty."

"Behind on their payments, perhaps?" Rebekah remarked. Elijah shot her an exasperated look.

"So, proceed then," he offered.

"Let's not, and tell Hayley that we did. Then, you get to impress the girl, and I can go home. You know how hovels depress me," Rebekah suggested. Elijah smiled weakly.

"I'm not trying to impress the girl."

"I should bloody hope you are, why else are we out here?" Rebekah asked. However, Elijah remained silent. "Come on, Elijah! You've fallen for her, admit it! May do wonders for the stick that's lodged up your enduringly-stoic arse if you did."

"If I admit to you that it's complicated, would that suffice? Or, are you determined to torment me throughout this endeavor?" Elijah asked. They hear a noise and turn to find that the vampire hunting party has returned. One of the vampires is feeding from a male werewolf. Elijah vamp-speeds over to Diego and pulls his head backwards by his hair.

"Darling, we need to stop meeting like this. This is how rumors begin!" Elijah said sarcastically. He releases Diego. "You can go now." No one moves, and Elijah sighs in annoyance. "Perhaps I'm not making myself clear here. This is a threat. In precisely three minutes' time, your little hunting party will become the prey. Now, based on your recent failure to subdue my baby brother Niklaus, despite a better than a 100-to-1 advantage, I recommend you heed my warning." Diego is visibly frustrated and embarrassed, but he reluctantly leaves with his fellow vampires.

"Impressive!" Rebekah commented.

"Well, I thought the situation demanded something a little dramatic." The hurt werewolf, Cary, is groaning in pain on the ground. He gets up and looks at Elijah and Rebekah suspiciously.

"Who are you people?" He asks. As Elijah approaches Cary, he notices a distinctive ring that he wears around his neck and looks surprised.

"I would say the better question is, Who are you?"

***

Amelia was sitting in her room after getting cleaned up. She was wearing a pair of black leggings, and grey v-neck sweater with a pair of white socks on. Her pair of black heeled boots on the floor near her, which were miraculously not touched by blood. She was laying on her bed, scrolling through her pictures on her phone. Hayley was sitting next to her, staring at the ceiling.

"So what's going on between you and Klaus?" Hayley asked abruptly.

"Excuse me?" Amelia questioned, shocked the question was even asked.

"What's going on between you and Klaus?" Hayley repeated.

"Nothing, why?" 

"I saw the way he looked at you earlier. Before Marcel freaked on him. He was making sure you were okay. He still cares for you. So what's going on?"

"Absolutely nothing. He can care for me all he wants. I don't care for him," Amelia assured her. But to Hayley, it sounded like she was trying to convince herself. 

"Okay then," Hayley said. Amelia turned back to her phone, but a a sharp pain pierced her stomach. She groaned and grabbed it, scrunching into a ball. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Amelia told her. She flattened herself back out, and ignored the searing pain that was slowly spreading up her arms and down her legs. Hayley just rolled her eyes in response and got up going downstairs. Amelia swallowed thickly, attempting to follow, but her eyesight was slowing fading. She stumbled across the floor, fighting to stay conscious. She grabbed onto a chair as her knees buckled underneath her. 

What is happening to me? She thought as her body collapsed.

***

Hayley was starting to doubt everything. She knew that as long as she was pregnant with Klaus' baby, she would be fine but afterwards? She wasn't sure what would happen to her, and her little chat with Klaus had not helped. Walking out of Davina's room after her conversation with the witch, she made her way to Amelia's room. She had moved in a few days ago, per Klaus' request, leaving behind The Palace Royale. Walking in, she froze when she saw Amelia crumpled onto the floor. 

"Oh my god! Klaus!" Hayley yelled. She knew that he could hear her, but wasn't sure if he would come up. She rushed over to her friend's body, and her eyes widened when she saw red scratches covering her body. 

"What do you want Hayley?" Klaus said standing at the door. Hayley moved allowing Klaus to see the redhead's body. When his eyes took her in, his body went rigid. The girl that he loved was lying on the floor in a heap. When Klaus realized that he just admitted to himself that he still loved her, he snapped into action. "What happened?" 

"I don't know. Something was wrong earlier but she downplayed it, so I went downstairs to talk to you. I come up here, and I find her like this." Klaus ran over, and picked her up in his arms, and vamp sped her into his room. Lying her on the bed he pulled out his phone to call Marcel. 

***

Everything was black. Amelia couldn't see anything. But she could hear everything. There was screams coming from her right, crackles of electricity from her left, and behind her she could hear someone approaching. They were running towards her, so she ran. She ran even though she didn't know where she was going. 

"Ameliana. Do you really believe that you can escape me?" A voice questioned, floating around her. She froze when she heard it. It sounded so familiar. 

"What do you want?" Amelia asked, somehow managing to keep her voice steady. She was an Original, this person wouldn't get the satisfaction of scaring her.

"I want you to pay for everything you've done. You used to be one of my little girls, but now here you are. Alone, and clueless to how powerful you are. You've become a monster Ameliana, and I do not tolerate monsters," the voice said. 

"Who the hell are you?" Amelia called out. The person was approaching her to her left. She waited until they touched her, and spun around grabbing their arm. But when she did, it was like there were millions of jolts of electricity surging through her. She screamed in pain, but she didn't release her grip.

"You don't remember me? What a shame. I suppose I'll just have to remind you,"  the voice said. Suddenly, she was transferred to a white room. There were no doors or windows, only walls. The sudden light blinded her temporarily, but as her vision returned she was shocked to see her mother standing in front of her. 

"Mama?"

"Ameliana! Oh my baby girl!" Her mother cried out. Amelia rushed towards her and fell into her arms. 

"Mama, I'm so sorry," Amelia choked out, tears streaming down her face. Her parent's death still haunted her on occasion. The constant reminder of the monster she had become. 

"It's okay, my darling. I forgive you," her mother assured her. 

"Mama, where am I? Why are you here?" Amelia asked. Her mother stroked her red hair from her face.

"What did she do to you?" Amelia looked down at her mother's question, and saw dozens of red scratches littering her body. 

"I'm not sure," Amelia replied.

"My darling, you must be careful. You are being hunted," her mother told her.

"By who Mama?" Her mother open her mouth to answer but instead of words, blood spilled out of her mouth. "Mama!" She held her mother's body as the light faded out of her eyes, and the blood pooled around her body. Tears ran down her face.

"Well that was fun," the voice said again. Amelia spun around to find a hooded figure standing on the other side of the room. She looked back to find her mother's body gone.

"What did you do to her?" Amelia demanded.

"She's been dead for a thousand years. I was just reminding you of how it happened," the voice said.

"Who are you?" Amelia asked.

"Ah, ah, ah. It's not time for you to learn my secret yet. Shall we have some more fun?" The voice asked. Amelia was about to protest when she was transported away into the blackness once again.

Hello everyone! I know double post again. But we're getting to the exciting part in the story. I just wanted to thank all of you for 5.8K reads. This is absolutely insane. I know it's not a lot compared to some people, but I was expecting more than 100, so thank you so much. Btw the italicized words were symbolizing that we were inside Amelia's head. You know, while she is unconscious. Wasn't sure if you figured that out or not, but if you didn't that's what they were. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed to story. I might be posting a lot this week because I'm so excited, or I might just wait until next Monday for you all to read what happens next. We'll see. Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 1K 15
Emilia Mikaelson is the complete opposite of her twin brother, Elijah Mikaleson. Whereas history calls Elijah the noble Mikaleson, history calls Emil...
152K 2.7K 21
Elizabeth Marshall is someone who has suffered a lot since she was kicked out of her house. Her sister Hayley Marshall was also kicked out too. She a...
22.4K 558 23
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This story takes place when the Mikaelsons were human. Caroline is friends with Re...
75.4K 2.7K 36
Aphrodite: the goddess of sexual love and beauty Loving someone for a thousand years, spending every waking hour with them and then losing them is an...