π™΄πšŸπšŽπš›πš–πš˜πš›πšŽ βœ”

By Jessthebatnerd

π‘ͺπ’π’Žπ’‘π’π’†π’•π’†π’…β˜‘π‘©π’†π’‚π’–π’•π’š&𝒕𝒉𝒆𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 "π‘―π’π’˜ 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒂 π’Žπ’‚π’ 𝒃𝒆 π’˜π’π’“π’”π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒂�... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Characters
Switched
Everlasting

Epilogue

3.4K 194 96
By Jessthebatnerd

It took quite some time to convince the townsfolk that Adam was not a monster. So much so, that he ended up having to lie and say that Sebastian died heroically as he sacrificed himself to the Witch in order to save everyone. That it was Morana who killed Justine along with all of the other girls and he had been held hostage, unable to do anything to stop her until she became unhinged and ended up leaving an opening for the two of them to slay her. The townsfolk gossiped for months about how noble their Dauphin was and pretended like they had never bad mouthed him before in their lives.

Once Adam and I ended the curse, the fog and the beasts of the woods disappeared from the outskirts of the town, and Du Ciel was once again connected to the rest of the world.

Soon after everything had started to become rather normal, a letter arrived from the emperor himself and Adam ended up being summoned by his father to return to the Palace immediately. People started arriving in droves to see that Du Ciel had actually reappeared, giving the town a boost in money and business.

Though, after two weeks of constant nonstop visitors, the town and the towns folk had been overwhelmed. Causing Lord Chambren to limit the number of people that were allowed to enter.

While Adam was away, I spent time with Madame Fontaine and Alveary who were more than happy to see me, and to know that Sebastian was dead. We talked about my time at Sebastian's estate, and she never once forgot to thank me for protecting Alveary from him.

And, as thanks, as soon as she could she sent out letters to my supposed grandparents to confirm my noble birth and to see if they would accept me into their lives. Something that I had almost completely forgotten about. The Landcasters did not reply, but the Davenports did. Not soon after the letter had been sent, Countess Davenport arrived in person to give her response.

She was more than happy to meet me.

"My dear child." She kissed my cheeks. "I have longed to meet you, and when I heard the news that the prince and the town had miraculously reappeared, I knew I could not waste any more time. That I needed to be a part of my Granddaughter's life even if my daughter and son in law did not wish it so."

She looked so much like my mother, only older. Her brown hair had sliver streaks, and there were many wrinkles around her striking brown eyes. Yet, she, like my mother, held a kindness about her that was unmistakable.

"I am sorry if I do not seem as eager to meet you. I had just found out that you existed not too long ago." I felt bad that she had been so happy to meet me, only to come to find that I had known little to no information about her.

"Oh, do not fret it my dear. We have all the time in the world to catch up since I am having an estate built here." She smiled, and a wave of nostalgia washed over me. It took everything in me to keep from crying. But it felt wonderful knowing that I had someone in my life that could help remind me of my mother and tell me things about her that I would have never known otherwise.

"Do you know of the Landcasters and why they did not reply to us?" Madame interjected.

"I am afraid the two of them died a few years back. However, before that I had them leave everything they had to Marcus, and in the event that he was deceased before he claimed his inheritance, I had them make Isabelle the sole benefactor to their fortune and titles." She seemed pleased with herself as she handed over a few documents. "Here, see for yourself, it is all in writing."

Madame took a moment, then when she was done reading it, she handed the papers to me. "She is right, Duchess Landcaster." Madame smiled.

"Lafleur." I looked up from the Paper, "Duchess Lafleur. I was born with the name, and I will keep it until I marry."

"Then you'll be Princess Leroux." My grandmother giggled to herself.

"That is if the emperor even allows it, however we are not engaged." I corrected her.

"Yet." Madame added.

"I will start planning right away!" Alveary chimed in as she joined the three of us in the drawing room. "Oh, we should hold the ceremony in the castle gardens."

"You know it would be a royal wedding held at the Palace." I groaned.

"Who said you couldn't have more than one wedding?" Alveary looked at me with a devilish grin.

Madame had sent out letters trying to find her eldest daughter as soon as she could, but knew it was going to take a while before she found her.

But, to her surprise her daughter appeared in less than two weeks after she sent the letter. She was just as beautiful as Madame and Alveary, as was her son and two daughters.

Madame almost fainted when she saw that she had grandchildren, but it was clear that she had never been as happy as she was in that moment.

Alison had gotten married just a few years after the curse took hold and tried desperately to return to Du Ciel when she had not received any letters from her family.

Though, she had made it just in time because Monsieur Fontaine had started to fade fast in the month or so before the curse was broken. By the time everyone had gathered, and he got to meet his grandchildren, he ended up passing away a week later.

Even though he was gone, everyone seemed content that he had passed quietly and that he was no longer in pain. Part of me believed he had been holding on until he had gotten to see Alison one last time, which was such a beautiful sentiment.

As I awaited Adam's return, I visited my little home on the outskirts of town. As painful as it might have been, it felt wonderful to find everything just as I had left it. I walked through the empty home, remembering all the sweet memories that I had made there with Papa, and Mama. And despite how much time had passed since Papa had left, and how much I had thought I had healed, after I had taken a seat on his dust covered bed, I broke down into tears.

And finally, I grieved the loss that had been ripping me apart inside. I let it all out. All the pain, all the regret, everything. I wished he and Mama would have been there to meet Adam, to see the joy we bring one another. To watch as I progressed in my life and made them proud. But, I accepted that that was no longer possible and that I now had other people in my life that loved me just as they did, and would be there for me every step of the way as Papa and Mama watched me from where ever they had gone.

Adam had been gone for three weeks when his carriage, accompanied by an envoy of Imperial soldiers, returned to Du Ceil. He looked more than happy to see me, but on top of that he looked absolutely dashing in his royal attire. The white and gold tasseled coat made his hair look brighter and his eyes bluer.

"So, while I was visiting father, I found out his other son, my half-brother, died about three years ago. He had been born sickly, though they thought that would have passed as he got older. However, he ended up contracting winter fever and died a few months later. His mother, she was said to have jumped from the balcony in the royal chambers. I, myself, believe father most likely pushed her." He paused. "I brought you up to my father after I explained everything that had happened with the Witch and he told me that I was not allowed to marry you, even though you saved my life. He said that you were too far beneath me for him to even consider it."

"I am sorry Adam, I know-"

"However," He smiled, "Someone sent over records stating you were actually of noble birth, and that you currently held the title of the Duchess of Lancashire. Apparently, your family is well known and have been friends with my father for many years. Hearing that, my father immediately change his mind."

"Oh?" I looked at him and laughed. "Grandmother and Madame Fontaine must have been behind that."

"How long were you going to wait to tell me that you were a Duchess?" He smiled playfully.

"Hmm, sooner or later I suppose." The two of us had been walking the Gardens of the Castle when I looked over and realized that he had stopped and was no longer beside me.

I turned around to find him looking at me, eyes wide and with a slightly nervous grin on his face.

"Well, Duchess Lafleur, if you will have me, would you consent to being my wife?" He had gotten down on one knee and held out a beautiful ring made of gold that had roses and other little decorative bits on the sides, that lead up to a pink gemstone. "This was my mothers."

"It is beautiful, Adam, truly." I paused, "But I don't know if I would like to get married as of now." I teased.

"What? Then when?" He shook his head in disbelief.

"Oh, I do not know. Perhaps ask me tomorrow, maybe I'll feel like it then." I gave him a devilish grin.

"However long that may be, I will gladly delay." He kissed my hand, then stood up and kissed my forehead. "You, my love, are well worth the wait."

I turned red with embarrassment, "Oh, you big oaf, of course I will marry you."

"I knew you would say yes." He picked me up and twirled me around. Then slowly, he sat me back down, slid the ring onto my finger and then cupped my face in his hands. "I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life you, Isabelle. When I look at you, I do not feel as broken, as ruined as I do when I am alone. You give me the strength to stand on days I would rather not exist. You make me want to get better, to heal so that I can be the best version of myself for you. You have brought so much light into my life, so much joy, that I could not envision a world in which you are not a part of. I love you. I love all of you. I love how you make silly faces when you read books, and how they make you cry. I love how grumpy you get with me when I put myself down. You are my world, and I would do anything to protect you, to make that sure you are safe."

I started to softly cry, "I love you, Adam. Whether you be a big hairy beast, or a beautiful prince, I would remain by your side and love you to the end of time." I stood up on the tips of my toes and kissed him.

I never expected this outcome after everything that had happened but, by God did I wholeheartedly accept it. I knew we both were broken individuals from the long journey that brought us here, but I knew in time we would both heal one another for the better.

Like my mother once said, it all starts with effort,continues with understanding and lasts with dedication, if you apply that to all relationships you yourself can never go wrong.

Thank you for reading Evermore. I hope you enjoyed it. <3

If you wish to support me Evermore is on Amazon as an eBook available for purchase, or you can simply just leave an honest review. (Paperback pending) Even if you choose not to, I appreciate that you simply just read it on here. (:

I wish you luck in finding the next book you choose to read, and I wish those of you happy writing on the books you choose to write. Shall we meet again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 1.8K 43
Freedom comes at a price and a young Earthal princess must live the life of somebody else, even if it means facing evil threats and impossible odds. ...
182K 11.4K 36
Alera lost her mother early in life and was raised by a strict king for a father and the many nursemaids who crossed themselves before touching her...
961 188 9
Aquaria is chosen to be the youngest fairy god mother in Eupharia - the land of fairies and gets the toughest tale to solve. Prince Herman is not the...
41.3K 1.4K 10
"I take what I want, princess, no matter what." TRUTH is hidden behind the LIES. Secrets are buried within the secrets. Darkness lurks in the Light...