Law and Order SVU: Motherhood

By svuforever

Olivia's daughter Charlotte is 16 1/2 and Olivia has been raising her alone for most of her life. Things get... More

Chapter. 2. better to be safe than sorry.
Chapter 3. Help!
Chapter 4 The Video That Changed Everything!
Chapter 5 She's my Daughter too.
Chapter. 6 Release.
Chapter. 7 It's My Life.
REQUESTS???

Chapter. 1

2K 44 3
By svuforever

Charlotte's POV.

I got dressed for school and ate my breakfast, my mom was gone to work earlier this morning and Noah was with the sitter so I had the whole house to myself, well for a while anyway. I took out my phone and saw a text from Maddie.
Hey Char was wonderin if you wanna come 2 mine after skool. I smiled I was glad just to know that I can tell my best friend about the terrible night I had without her judging me.
Yeah I'll be there I'll just tell my mom I've got study group she's @ work so much she wont even no :-) 

I put my phone on silent and put it in my bag. My mom doesn't like Maddie because she's 19 and so sure she's not exactly a clean record kind of person but she's good to me and she understands me.

After a boring day of school I headed to Maddie's apartment. "Hey" I said throwing my schoolbag down by her door.

"Hey how was school?" she asked jokingly.

"Do I even need to answer that one?" I laughed and she smiled I sat on the couch and she handed me a glass. It was filled almost to the top with vodka.

"Go on try it, it's just a little, come on you're always talking about how you can't wait to turn 18 so you can drink" she said and it was true, I did want to but I knew I'd be in big trouble. I took a sip and it was actually pretty tasty. I had another cup full before deciding to stop.

"Shar there's a party tonight at 10 and I think you'd like it wanna go?" she asked.

"Sure but I gotta come up with a lame excuse first" I sighed and she laughed.

"Alright just text me if you're coming" she said and I nodded heading home.

Olivia's POV.

I sat at my desk working on some case but it all seemed so distant, El and I have never worked a more boring case. "Liv you OK?" Nick asked from his desk.

"Yeah I'm fine just... thinking"

"Is this about Charlotte?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah she said she had study group and now she's going to a sleepover to do a project" I sighed.

"Ahh the studying excuse, Kathleen used that the most, but don't worry she probably just snuck our to one of those discos but you know the stupid ones where you don't have to be 18" he said but that wasn't easing my mind, just the way he said it made it seem to much like he thought too hard about what to say.

"Under 18 discos" Fin muttered.

"Please she's probably out getting high with her friends" Munch said and now I was worried why does John always have to be so out there.

"She doesn't do drugs and neither do her friends for that matter" I said, insulted by the fact that he was calling my daughter something SHE IS NOT!

"I'm not talking about those friends I'm talking about those friends, the other friends, the friends she doesn't want you to know about" he said and now I was really REALLY worried

"Other friends?"

"Yeah you know the drug suppliers they're usually older" he said and Elliot gave him an annoyed look.

"Don't listen to him Liv he's crazy, take it from me Charlotte is a good kid, she gets straight As she has an almost perfect attendance record, she doesn't have a criminal record and she always makes curfew now that's what I'd call a good kid" Elliot said and I relaxed a bit until John began again.

"But that's the problem Liv no teenager is that well behaved without a problem or a catch of some sort" he said and he was right.

Charlotte's POV.

I decided to ask Sarah if she wanted to come to the party with me but of course she was hesitant. "I dunno... it's gonna be filled with druggies and alcohol" she said and I sighed. "And we're only 16" she added.

"I'll be 17 next month actually" I corrected and now she sighed.

"If you wanna go then fine, but I'm not covering for you like last time" she warned.

"Why? All you have to do is say I'm staying over" I said but she shook her head.

"I feel guilty, last time she sounded so disappointed" she said making me laugh.

"Disappointed? She'd rather screw her partner than talk to me"

"Charlie you know that's not true. Wait I thought she was with Brian?"

"She was past tense. They broke up a month ago and she won't even tell me why, it doesn't matter anyway I didn't like Brian, I'd rather she slept with El than with him"

"Look I'll go to this party, I can lie to my dad since he's an ass but I'm not lying to your mom. She's a good person shar and she does everything for you"

"Everything? Please"

"You have a roof over your head don't you?"

"Yeah but-"

"You've got, clothes, a warm bed, food and an iPhone and you say she doesn't do anything for you"

"She doesn't talk to me, she doesn't listen to me, her work comes before me, Noah comes before me, everything comes before me"

"Take it from me  one time my parents didn't feed me for two days and my phone is so ancient it's not even a touchscreen and the only reason I even have it, is because someone left it at a bus stop" she said and I guess she was right, I always did get what I wanted, except for a mother who actually listens to what I say and that's all I want.

I headed home and was surprised to see mom was home. "What're you doing here?" I asked.

"Last time I checked I live here.." she trailed.

"Last time I checked you should be at work so either you got fired or someone died.." I tailed and she smiled but it wasn't a happy smile, she seemed deep in thought.

"Noah is in hospital, he's not doing to good so Cragen gave me some time off" she said and I nodded.

"Oh.... will he be OK?"

"It's his lungs again" she said and I knew it was a touchy subject. "That's not the point I have some time off and I wanna make the most of it" she said and I smiled.

"Cool so are you gonna visit Noah?" I asked.

"I'm not allowed" she said sounding frustrated, she sat on the couch and I sat beside her.

"Mom....can I ask you something?" I asked and she gave me that look...

"No it's not about that.... It's just...see I have this friend and she's been asking me for advice and I dunno what to tell her"

"Go on..."

"Well her friends are going to a party but she told me there'd be alcohol and possibly drugs there. She really wants to go - not for the drugs but you know...and I told her it was a bad idea she knows she'll get in trouble but she still wants to go" I said and she nodded.

"Does this friend have a name?" she asked and I had to think fast.

"Kate" I lied.

"Well Kate would be grounded for as long as she lives and she'd probably do time because of the drugs and you're not going over my dead body" she said getting up and heading to the kitchen.

"I never said I wanted to go I said Katie did"

"Charlotte let's be serious, I spend most of my time with liars who can actually lie but you...."

"I can lie"

"Really?"

"Yeah I'll lie right now... Um...um...."

"Exactly, but it's a good thing, you're a good person I just hope you stay that way"

"Yeah...of course you know I'd never-"

"I know" she said heading back to the living room and putting on the TV.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"How did you and dad meet" I asked and she completely froze.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean like I know it didn't work out but you never told me how it started" I said and she seemed utterly shocked like I'd just confessed to murder or something.

"You're too young to be discussing these things" she said turning up the TV to an uncomfortably loud volume. Why do parents always use the too young excuse!

"Mom!" I yelled over the TV but she ignored me (as always).

"MOM! TURN IT OFF!" I screamed grabbing the remote and turning off the power before flinging it at the wall.

"What the hell!" she yelled and I sat there angrily.

"Forget it! I wish you understood!" I yelled and I realised I'd walked right into that one..... Oh no.

OK hope you liked this :-)  oh and my updates are taking a while I know! :-P  comment suggestions please thx!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.4K 1.7K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
599K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
466K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
211K 4.4K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...