Like Dandelions In The Wind

By Scribble_Maniacs

For me, freedom has always been just a word without meaning. I found it's meaning amongst the crowd of Delhi... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 - FINAL
EPILOGUE
VED
Thank You
When The Camellia Blooms

Chapter 2

902 39 66
By Scribble_Maniacs

Zivah's POV

I kept staring at the mobile as it rang continuously debating with myself whether to pick it up or not. My head kept saying, "It might be a trap, Zivah. Just don't pick it up." But my heart said otherwise, "He is your best friend before boyfriend. Just pick it and talk to him like good old days when there were no feelings involved."

I let out a sigh and pressed the green button and pressed the phone to my ear. I sat straight in my bed as I heard Vihaan.

"Hey, baby," Vihaan said from other side, his voice sounding cheery. It still didn't make my heart flutter. Nothing does anymore.

"I'm not your baby anymore, Vihaan. We broke up. Remember?" I said in a plain tone. I heard Vihaan let out a sigh.

"Alright, sorry. Just wanted to ask how have you been doing?" He asked again sounding genuine. I closed my eyes briefly before answering him.

"I'm doing well. You called me to ask that?" I asked with a little annoyance. Vihaan didn't say anything for some time.

"Yes. Why?" He asked again as I heard him let out a small laugh, "Can't I even call my best friend to ask about how is she doing?"

"Do you want to cut that tie as well?" He asked again after a pause, "Want to throw me out of your life completely?"

He sounded sad and that made me feel pathetic. Of course, he is my best friend before anything else. I have shared everything with him ever since we got along together. Be it happy moments or sad ones. He is one person who knows everything happening in my life. And I can't just forget it. He has always been one most important person to me and that will stay the same whether we are together or not. He'll always be my best friend and I'll share everything with him. Always!!!

"I didn't mean that, Vihaan. It's just..." I said stopping for a moment. I sighed before continuing, "Look. I don't want to lose my friend with whom I have shared my entire life."

I finished stopping in between trying to get the words together.

"But right at the moment, I need my space. I need to use this time and distance to think about myself mostly. More than anything else..." I said trying to make him understand so that he could take me seriously.

I still feel Vihaan thinks that this is all gonna end in a day or two and I'll go running back to him but no! I won't. He needs to understand that I'm serious this time and he should seriously think as well.

"And talking to you won't be of any help." I finished as I waited for Vihaan to say something. He took his time before responding to me.

"Don't be stubborn, Zivah." He said sounding a little irritated and I let out a sigh. I guess some people just don't change or as Ahil said they have always been like that. I shook my head a little as I thought of changing this topic.

"Anyway..." I said, "How are you? And how is your business going?"

He stayed quiet again. Maybe containing his anger or something. I could hear his breathing.

"I guess I'm just being fine. I don't know." He said sounding calm after some time, "Business is going great. But I don't want to talk about that." He finished.

He doesn't want to talk about business? Okay. That's something new.

"Is Cody doing fine? It must be a drastic difference for him." Vihaan asked again taking 180 degrees turn all of sudden. I was shocked and somewhere deep down relieved as well.

"Yes. He is just fine. Sleeping, eating and running all day." I said smiling a little as I looked at Cody sleeping peacefully on the bed taking most of its space.

I still remember the day when we adopted Cody. We were in college back then and it was a spontaneous decision. I remember me randomly telling Vihaan that I want to adopt a dog and the next thing I remember is me and Vihaan in front of a pet adoption center. It was there I found this angel in the body of a Labrador breed. He was too small, only 3 weeks old. It was an instant click and I knew he is the one I want to adopt. From then on, I and Vihaan has been his parents.

"Dadu and Dadi are providing him all kinds of things to eat so he is happy," I said still smiling. I heard Vihaan let out a chuckle. I was thankful to Vihaan for changing the topic for good. It made me feel relaxed, well somewhat.

"Well, I guess he wouldn't want to come here again." He said and I can imagine a smile on his face.

Apart from me, if there's anyone Cody is extremely close and attached to, it's Vihaan. Cody is a very friendly dog and is close to all the people in my life but the one person he truly misses every time when we are away from home is Vihaan. He literally cries every time we have to say bye to Vihaan. Even when we were coming to Delhi, Vihaan had come to drop us off at the airport and Cody cried as we said goodbye to Vihaan. Although things have changed between us, the bond these two shares remain strong and I'm happy about that.

"Maybe..." I said.

"Anyway as you are in Delhi after a decade, make sure to visit the places around. Don't just sit at one place and write." He said further which made me roll my eyes. Of course, I won't just sit when I'm in a new city. I'll definitely be exploring it. I have already made a list of places to visit and I'll be starting tomorrow.

I smiled widely with that thought. I'll try to start with the writing as well. Tomorrow will be a new beginning.

"Yes. I'm gonna definitely make it to Agra if not anywhere else." I said.

"Taj, huh?" Vihaan asked sounding a little distant, "You always wanted to visit it."

I stayed quiet as I remembered we made a plan, a couple of years back to visit the Taj Mahal together, the monument of love. I was so madly in love with him. So instead of visiting The Eiffel Tower, I asked him to visit Agra with me. He obviously made fun of me but agreed in the end.

"Don't go alone, Zee. Its Delhi." Vihaan's sharp voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Yes, I know. I'll..." I was saying something when Vihaan cut me in between.

"I'm not talking about taking Cody." He said as if reading my mind. I was about to let out a laugh but contained myself.

"Alright, I'll ask Ahil and Alizeh." I just said so that he'll stop bugging me as always. Talking to me like I'm a 5-year-old. That's what irritates me. I know he is worried for me but there are different ways to convey that than sounding bossy and controlling.

"Yeah!!! Say my 'hi' to them." He said and paused as if debating with himself if he should say something or not and finally he chose to not say that as he didn't try to talk any further.

"Alright, good night, Vihaan," I said in a low voice.

"Good night, Zivah..." He said and I heard him let out a sigh. I knew he wanted to say those words but he contained himself and then the line went dead.

I felt a little heavy, I don't know if wanted to hear those words or I'm better off without it. All I know is I still have feelings for him and so does he. But I also know that things have changed and we need time to think this through.

We both have never seen anyone past each other. It has always been just us throughout our teenage and college years. People find it so amusing and crazy but I think we were so madly in love and fiercely loyal to each other. Today, when things are not fine between us when we fight almost all the time, we are incapable of putting each other out of our lives. Because no matter what happens between us, we'll always share a special place in each other's heart, we'll always look out for each other, our friendship will live on.

Anyway, after a long time, we finally had a conversation where we didn't end up fighting or arguing. I'm glad at least I still have my best friend alive in him if not a lover.

************

I knocked on Alizeh's room and turned the knob around. Yes, we both usually don't wait for each other's replies but at least have the courtesy to knock.

"I was waiting for you," Alizeh said as soon as I entered the room. She was sitting on the bed, leaning her back on the bedpost with a pillow in between to provide comfort. She had her phone in her hands and dressed in her pajama.

"I was going to sleep right away..." I said letting myself fall on the small couch beside her bed.

"But..." Alizeh asked raising her eyebrows, suspiciously.

"But..." I said adjusting myself as I sat cross-legged on the couch and continued further, "But Vihaan called and now..." I was saying when Alizeh cut me off.

"You have been overthinking about everything happening or have happened in your life." She said dramatically letting out a sigh. I rolled my eyes at her as she let out a laugh.

"Yeah!!! That's right." I said and let out a deep frustrating sigh. Alizeh smiled looking at me as she got up and walked to the dressing table to find something. My eyes land on her long beautiful hair which is neatly tied in a braid. I've always envied her for the capability to maintain her beautiful hair. Only the ones with long hair know the hardship. I struggle with mine but I love my hair and can never possibly cut them short. Alizeh took some bottles from the table and sat on the chair resting beside it.

I didn't bother to ask her anything as I was too consumed with other thoughts. Thoughts about my past which mostly involved Vihaan then about my job in a multinational company which I have left in between. I have too much work to do and here I am. I don't know what to do. I am just too frustrated.

"Come and sit here." I heard Alizeh calling me and gesturing to sit in front of her on the floor.

"What? Why?" I asked her being confused as I had no idea what was she doing all this while. She gave me a bored look.

"I'll do some champi. You'll feel relaxed." She said giving me a smile. I let out a sigh.

"That's fi..." Alizeh didn't let me finish my sentence by shouting. That jerked me off.

"Just come here before I come there." She made an irritated face at me.

"Alright, I'm coming," I said getting up from my seat lazily as I dragged myself to sit before her on the floor.

"That's like a good girl." She said as I rolled my eye.

"You'll wake up everyone especially my babu. He is right next door." I said giving her a look not bothered by the fact that she won't be able to see me.

"Whatever girl. He knows me so he won't be bothered about it." She said running her fingers through my open hair, untying knots and then poured oil on my head.

"So... What is it?" She asked after some moments of silence which passed in her massaging my head. I was expecting this as Alizeh hasn't stayed silent for more than 1 minute. So I already started preparing for the answers I can give to her. Nevertheless, I know I'll be blabbering everything out in a minute or two.

"Nothing..." I said fiddling my fingers looking down. I heard her let out a groan. A frustrated one. I know I will be in trouble if I don't answer her.

"Don't give me those bullshits. I am asking why did he call?" She asked hitting on my head gently.

"Oww..." I whined and rubbed my head, looking up at her. She gave me a glare which said she is not going to take shits. I let out a sigh and shifted back to my earlier position letting her do whatever she wants.

Alizeh started massaging my head again. It felt amazing. I closed my eyes involuntarily letting myself relax.

"He didn't say anything specific. Just talked about general stuff." I said after some moments passed by.

"General stuff?" I heard her say. She removed her hands from above my head. I could hear some noise as I guess she was taking oil from the bottle again.

"Yeah! Was asking about Cody and Delhi." I said remembering the conversation yet again, "Just general stuff."

"Nothing else?" She asked with a suspicious voice. I stayed quiet for some time. Alizeh started massaging yet again.

"For the first time in months, he talked about random things," I said in a low voice. Alizeh didn't say anything for some time.

"Zee..." I heard her, "I know you loved him and still do. I used to adore him as well..." She was saying when I cut her in between.

"Used to?" I asked giving her a questioning look as I looked up at her.

Alizeh and Vihaan have always hit it off well. They have always been like a team, joking around. I knew she adored him and that has always made me happy. She would literally forget my existence when Vihaan was around but thank goodness that I had Ahil who will accompany me. The same happened when she visited New York like around two months back.

Alizeh hit me on my shoulder. I let out a chuckle. I knew I was at fault as I literally didn't mention to anyone about my state at that time. I was still hoping that I was the one who is thinking differently about things. I was pretending that everything was perfectly fine in my world when I was literally seeing everything falling apart slowly. I was feeling guilty for not feeling the same way about Vihaan anymore.

"It's not my fault that I didn't know anything happening in your life." Alizeh's voice brought me back from my thoughts. I didn't say anything as I was still in different dimensions.

"But anyway, the point is he is not bad. He loves you a lot, as you can literally see that in his eyes and actions but..." She said stopping midway. I turned around to face her.

"But..." I asked looking at her. She let out a sigh.

"But yes he is drifting somewhere. He is not that fun, loving, sweet guy Vihaan used to be before. He has... I don't know exactly but he is acting a little possessive and controlling now...." She said looking directly at me. I gave her a small sad smile. That's the thing.

"That's what I felt." She said shrugging her shoulders, "I can be wrong."

"After all you know him better than anyone," Alizeh said putting her hand over my head and shaking it. I smiled at her.

"Even I'm clueless about him nowadays. I don't get him at all. It's like he is a different person altogether now." I said shaking my head a bit.

"It's okay, Zee." She said, "It happens. Sometimes even when you know that person for years. It still feels like you don't know them at all."

"And it's totally OK to feel that way." Alizeh said further as she gave me an understanding nod, "What matters is that what will you do from now on."

"You have realized and you have taken a stand for yourself. I'm proud of you for that. Because distancing yourself from someone you love the most is not easy. But it's better than killing yourself, little by little everyday by staying with them and acting like everything is fine." She said looking carefully at me. I stayed still. I don't know what to say.

She is right. I shouldn't think much about those things anymore. I have given him a chance to think along with myself. Now it's up to him. He'll decide what he wants to do.

"So... Just think about yourself from now on. Do what you like the most. Don't care about people." Alizeh finished with a big smile spread across her lips. It made me feel assured.

"I guess..." I said gesturing her with eyes, "I love you."

"I love you the most," Alizeh said pulling me into a tight hug as she sat on the floor as well.

"Now turn around, let me tie up your hair." She said pulling away and I obeyed her words, turning around. She combed my hair with her hands and tied them up in a tight bun.

"Anyways leave Vihaan and leave Ahil." She said excitedly as I faced her again, "Just tell me which movie should we watch tonight?"

I smiled mischievously at her. She knew what I'm about to say as she gave me a look.

"Any horror movie," I said with excitement. It has always been a norm to watch at least one horror movie when we get together. How can we not do that now? I just hope there are enough horror movies produced considering I'll be staying here for a month or two here.

"I knew you would say this. So I have already downloaded a bunch." Alizeh said as she got up to wash her hands. Okay. A bunch and here I was worried that we won't be having enough. I let out a laugh.

"Come on!" Alizeh said coming out of the washroom and grabbed her laptop.

***************

I pulled the car to the side of the road as it started making some weird noises. Cody started barking from the passenger seat.

"I know, babu. I guess something is weird." I said moving the key up and down in an attempt to start the engine but the car would make sound and stop again.

What a way to start my day. I thought I'll find some inspiration on the roads of Delhi to start my book. I'll roam around Delhi today and gather something. It will be a new start for me and my writing career but with this oldie with me, I don't think I would be able to go anywhere.

I should have taken Alizeh's car when she offered me before leaving for her job but no I had to go with Dadu's collection instead. His old Mercedes really caught my eyes and I was excited to ride on it. Now here I am, stuck in a highway, in the middle of nowhere.

I don't know what to do. Should I call Alizeh and send her my live location or should I take a cab or should I search for some mechanic to fix this thing? I let out a frustrated sigh as I hit on the steering wheel.

"I don't know what to do. Why it has to happen with me yaar, Cody. Just why?" I said with a louder voice as I open my car door and got outside banging it hard enough. Cody woofed at me from inside not much bothered by what's going on.

I looked at speeding cars as I envied them. Putting my hands on my hips, I let out another sigh. I wish I was a mechanical engineer, why did I do computers? Ugh, I hate myself.

I took out my phone from my jeans pocket, still not able to decide what to do with this car as it was basically Dadu's favorite. He would kill me if I leave it right here on this highway but what am I even suppose to do then?

I stared at my phone trying to reach a conclusion. I need to do something. I adjusted my specs as I continued staring at my phone debating whether to call for help. Alizeh, Dadi, Dadu or Ahil...? Well, calling Ahil is out of the question, I haven't told him about this plan of mine, he would kill me if he comes to know that I went to roam around Delhi all alone. Ugh! What the hell should I do? I was in my own thoughts when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Need any help?" I jumped at my position and looked behind immediately, almost scared.

There stood a guy around my age, I suppose. At least by looks, he seemed my age. He wore a beanie on the head, three fourth pants and a T-shirt above it. To go along with the T-shirt there was a chex shirt as a jacket with it's sleeves rolled up showing off tattoos on his arms. His one hand had a thick multilayer men's bracelet while the other had a sports watch. He also wore a neckpiece which came till his chest. From his look, he gave me a gypsy vibe, at least he was dressed like that.

He didn't seem to be threatening but I was still a little scared. I looked around but there was no one on this highway except for the speedy cars.

"Umm..." I just kept looking at him not able to utter a word from my mouth. I remembered Vihaan's words.

Don't go alone, Zivah. Take someone with you.

I should have listened to him. Why I always have to prove something to him.

"Are you there?" He asked again. He maintained a safe distance from me as he looked past me at the car as a smile formed on his lips.

"Hey boy, what are you doing there." He went behind me in the car. My eyes following him wherever he went. I held my mobile tight in hand as a thought crossed my mind that I should call Ahil, it's better than getting kidnapped or mugged by a stranger.

But then, what if he killed me and throw me somewhere if I attempted to do something stupid?

"What's your name boy. Isn't it hot inside? Huh?" He was talking to Cody, caressing him. That guy was licking this stranger and enjoying whatever he was saying as he moved his tail rapidly.

"Umm... It's okay. We are fine actually." I finally said standing on the other side of the car and looked at him through the window. He looked up at me and then at Cody.

"Alright. Have you at least called anyone? It's not much safe here. You are on the national highway." He said looking around and then back at me. My rapid beating of heart somewhat calmed a little.

"Yes, I have. Thanks anyway." I lied looking at the road hoping he would go away. But he gave me a smile. A genuine one. I smiled back at him involuntarily.

"I guess you want me to be gone so bad." He said chuckling a bit. I really want that but I don't say it. I just smile at him.

"Don't worry. I just saw you here with your broken car. Broken, I guessed as you looked pissed. So thought of asking but yes it's Delhi so no one could be trusted I guess." He said looking at a car that passed by us just now with rapid speed.

"Thanks for your concern but I'll manage," I said as not knowing what exactly he wants.

"Are you sure? Because you won't find a mechanic until you go back all the way in the city again." He asked again. I let out a sigh. I want someone's help so bad but I don't know if I should trust this guy.

He does look reliable but you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. It's not just about Delhi but I don't trust any stranger in the entire world.

"Look I understand your concern." He said moving to the side of my car's Bonet. He put his one hand on Bonet and looked at me by narrowing his eyes as the sun was going crazy even though it was early.

"But... Just take the chance this time as I don't know if you'll find Ola or Uber here as well. You can call your relatives and ask them to come but as you are not doing that means you are either alone or relatives are busy. There is no mechanic around this area so you need to go back all the way inside the city. But you don't have a car so the other option is walking. It will take you around an hour or two to reach the destination but then again that depends on your speed besides, you must not know anyone around here so again, you have to trust a complete stranger means that mechanic to come all the way here with you. Instead, you have a better option." He said talking like some detective. I gave him an impressive look.

"Wow Sherlock, you are brilliant," I said clapping my hands. He chuckled.

"Thanks. I have always been." He said winking at me. I gave him an irritated look.

"Anyway so? You want help or not?" He asked further looking at Cody and then back at me.

I stayed quiet not knowing what exactly should I do. Should I take his help and find some mechanic? But what if he kidnaps me? I heard him let out a chuckle.

"Don't worry I won't kidnap you?" He said with a small smile. I looked at him with wide eyes. Did I say it out loud?

"How did you know?" I asked as my voice came a little louder than expected. He let out a laugh looking at me.

"You actually thought that?" He asked with surprise in his voice and I actually cursed myself under breath for asking that out aloud.

"Nevermind. I don't trust you." I said shaking my head a little and unlocking my mobile to call Alizeh. But she had a meeting today so I'll just message her about my current condition. I typed a message fast and looked up at the guy. He was saying something to Cody.

As the fear left me and I felt a little at ease around him I noticed how actually good looking he is. He had sharp features, a light beard, a well build body even has an attractive manly voice but there was something more about him that attracted me. I just couldn't figure out, maybe it's... Wait! What the fuck am I even thinking? Focus Zivah!!!

I moved my gaze away from him rapidly, putting my phone back in my pocket.

"You shouldn't be standing alone here as well as this road wouldn't be safe either." He said as he moved away from Cody and my car and made his way towards his car which was standing at some distance from us.

I felt a little fear surpassing me again as the thought of standing here alone crossed my mind. He wasn't trustworthy but at least someone was there beside me. What am I gonna do now? How should I fix the car? As he said there won't be any mechanic on this deserted road.

The only thing I can see here are the passing cars which is a little scary thing.

"You can do one thing..." I heard him again. He was standing close to his car ready to open the door of his car. If I deny now he'll be gone for sure.

He continued in some moments, "Send your live location and my car number to anyone close to you. We can bring someone to fix this car until someone comes to pick you." He said and waited for me to answer.

I looked on my mobile to see if Alizeh has read my message but no luck. I don't even know places here let alone bring a mechanic. I anyway don't trust anyone here and then standing here alone would be dangerous too. So I have to make a choice.

"Sounds like a plan," I said after some moments of silence. It's better to go with him and find some mechanic I guess. I don't know if I'm making any sense or any right choice but yeah I have Cody with me so I'll be fine. And besides, I'm sending my live location and his car number to Alizeh, I don't know if that's of any help if he kidnaps me or anything but yeah, do I have a better choice?

The guy nodded at me as he opened the door of his car and sat inside. I took out the car key and stuffed it into my pocket as I walked around and opened the door of Cody's side and picked up my backpack from the backside.

I held Cody's leash and put backpack over my back as I walked towards his car opening the back door first to let Cody inside. I put my backpack beside him and sat on the front seat putting on the seat belt.

I let out a sigh. I have finally made this choice I just hope I don't regret this later.

"Shall we?" He asked from beside me. I just nodded at him without looking at him. He will make me more nervous. I tapped the screen of my mobile to see any message but there was still nothing.

He made a U-turn as we made our way back in the city.

Silence filled in the car and only voice was from the FM and Cody's breathing.

"Why are you helping me anyways?" I asked looking at him as it was way too awkward and uncomfortable.

"I can't possibly leave a beautiful girl alone on the road to suffer." He said with a smirk as he looked at me for a short moment. I gave him a sharp look but he wasn't looking at me anymore. He was focused on the road.

"Are you flirting?" I asked a bit annoyed. He gave me a look which said 'are you serious?'

"Do I look like a flirt?" He asked acting a bit offended. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yes," I said in a plain voice. He chuckled.

"Why am I not offended?" He asked looking at me and back on the road. I didn't say anything and let out a sigh. I shifted my focus on the road through the window.

But I still don't trust this guy so I opened my mobile and typed the address in Google maps to get the directions for myself. It will at least tell me where he is taking me.

"But jokes apart, it's really not safe out there. And it didn't feel right to just ignore it." He said after some time which actually made me feel better. He didn't look at me and was focused on the road.

"Thanks. I guess." I said genuinely with a smile. He nodded at me as I continued further, "Actually I don't trust people easily."

"That's good. You shouldn't." He said and paused for a moment before continuing, "You don't look like you are from here." He finished looking at me for a brief moment.

"What does that mean?" I asked feeling offended.

"Means... You don't look like you are from India." He said but didn't look at me.

"Why not?" I asked again frowning a bit.

"You are out on this road looking clueless, that says you definitely don't belong in Delhi. As for not from India thing, your accent is different so..." He said explaining further. I let out a sigh yet again. He is right I have got a little American accent after leaving there for a decade or more. But it's not that obvious. No one even points that out much.

"That's how you assumed I'm here with relatives as you directly jumped there instead of asking about parents or siblings or anything else," I asked moving to look at him. He just shrugged his shoulders and continued looking at the road.

I let out a sigh and continued, "I was born in India but brought up in New York." I said I don't know why exactly but maybe just to keep the conversation going as it's better than to stay in complete silence with a complete stranger.

"I thought so." He just said that. I looked into my mobile again as he took a turn. Yes, he is going in the correct way.

"But one thing I wanna say badly is that you really have beautiful eyes." He said after some time looking at me with a little smirk. I shook my head a little in disappointment.

"Do you use this pickup line on all the girls you meet?" I asked giving him irritated expressions. He let out a laugh.

"No." He said and looked at me. A smirk formed on his lips as he continued looking further, "Not all girls have beautiful eyes. Some have beautiful hair, some nose, some lips, some..." He started explaining with gesturing with his hands staying focused on road.

"Yes, I got that. I don't wanna hear anymore," I said cutting him off in between, "Jerk."

He again let out a laugh as Cody barked from the backseat. It made me smile wider. Yes, my boy is with me!

"Alright!!! Sorry I won't say that again." He said dramatically looking at Cody from the mirror. I laughed further.

A few more minutes went into taking turns after another. The traffic inside the city was growing as the day was getting started. We finally reached the garage and they sent one mechanic with us who came along on his bike.

He took a look at my car and fixed it in no time as the problem wasn't much serious. But said it needed repairing as it's not in a good condition. I thanked and paid him as he kicked his bike and vanished along the road.

The stranger who wasn't that stranger anymore stood by his car looking after Cody, talking to him. That boy just gets along with anyone, no matter if he's meeting that person for the very first time. I let out a sigh and moved towards them.

It was already afternoon when everything got sorted. I wasted half of the day successfully. And I don't have any more energy left to do the roaming now. Cody looked tired as well so it's better to go home now.

"Alright. Thanks for the help." I said with a genuine smile as I extended my hand towards him. He gave me a full smile shaking my hand.

"Not a problem at all. I'm always up to helping beautiful girls." He said winking at me. I let out a chuckle and shook my head in disappointment. He just chuckled looking back at me.

"Ved... By the way." He said still with a smile.

"Zivah..." I said with my hand still in his. I let it go.

"That's a unique name... just like you..." He said smirking at me. I shook my head again and he let out a laugh.

We parted our ways at that but something about him told me that I'm gonna remember him as long as I remember my this visit to Delhi. He might be a flirt but meeting him I actually realized there is still some goodness left in this world.

The fact that he actually took that much effort to help me is worth appreciating. He actually drove me and Cody to the city to find a mechanic and then back to the highway where my car was lying. He even waited until my car was fixed. I don't think anyone would do this much just to impress a girl, that too a stranger on the roadside. If it was done for some motive, it can only be for my number or money or something but he didn't ask for any of this. I felt like I should have been less rude to him after all he did really help me out. And I felt bad for not showing enough gratitude as I have no idea what I would have done if he didn't come along to help.

I smiled remembering the day yet again as I made my way back home. Alizeh called me seeing my message and I told her that I managed. I will tell her details later and I know I'm gonna get the scolding for going along with a complete stranger but I can manage as nothing happened and he actually turned out to be a nice guy and was of great help.

The day might not have come out the way I planned it but it sure wasn't bad. Unexpectedly, the stranger named Ved made it better than I expected it to be. After all, sometimes a little adventure is all we need so that we can look back at the moment and laugh at those memories.

____________________________________

Sometimes people come
into your life for a
moment, a day, or a lifetime.
It matters not the time
they spent with you
but how they impacted
your life in that time.

________________________________

Author's Note✨

So, here comes Ved. An early update as it's our girls birthday 🤩

So let us know what you felt about this one in comments below.

VOTE by pressing the ⭐

We will be back with another chapter on regular update day. Yes, that means this coming Friday or Saturday at most.

Till then, Bye.

Loads of love...❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 34.5K 100
5 ACE SERIES [ SECOND BOOK ] **** Have you ever thought about how far one would go for love? Curious to know then read further ---- **** She was tra...
19.9K 2.3K 49
"Don't try to follow me, better yet don't even cross my path. Wherever I go, destruction follows." Anurag Khatri is a rising boxing star. He is angr...
266K 17.8K 40
"Sometime, someone come in your life, so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise and change your life forever" ***********************************...
249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...