Untold Truth

By hannahcmary

Violet Jackson can barely take a breath of senior year before Flynn Davis walks down the hall of her high sch... More

Untold Truth
Prologue
1| Ghosts
2| Fylnn Davis
3| School Secret
4| My Fault
5| Losing Them
6| Investigation
7| Killer Girl
8| The Four Men
9| Ruin Everything
10| Abbey Reynolds
11| Angel Of Death
12| Camila Beckett
13| Kyle Reynolds
14| Scandalous
15| Hamilton Melts
16| Betrayal
17| Hamilton Hospital
18| Consequences
19| Argreement
20| Sandra Reynolds
21| Judgemental Decisions
22| Ruined Dates
23| Lovers That Went Wrong
24| Hungover Confessions
25| The Son
27| For Flynn
28| Penn Sterling
29| The Sixth
30| Caught
31| The Rooftop
32| The Phonecall
33| Under The Stars
34| Emotional Teather
35| Hamilon High
36| I Love You
37| Fading Reality
38| Man In Scrubs
39| Flowers For You
40| The Two Men
41| The Cold
42| The Reynolds
43| Say Goodnight
44| Just Breathe
45| They're Here
46| Be Afraid
47| Just Like Everyone
48| Let Go
49| Blurry Memory
50| Restricted Words
51| New Lives
Epilogue
Author's Note
My Other Stories

26| Please Stay

1.9K 79 13
By hannahcmary

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter twenty six

Mom was indicating for me to sit down on the sofa, but I shake my head to decline. I feel- and am, already so dirty. No one has given me a chance to shower and change since I got home.

"Judging by the amount of blood there was, it's safe to say it makes it a lot easier to track this young man down. He would have to have some really bad injuries that seem unlikely for him to take care of himself." Officer Morrison says.

I feel suddenly sick, his words sounding like a praise for my actions. It's almost as if I'm being congratulated for hurting another human being. I don't want to be as low as the men who hurt Sebastian.

"What do we do know that they know where we live?" Mom asks, almost in a panic as she sits down. It was the questions that has been dancing on my mind this whole time.

"It's completely up to you on what decision feels necessary." The Officer tells my mom, leaning her to know that we wouldn't be able to afford moving. "You'll need the door fixed but most of the business who would be able to do so are closed until tomorrow. If you want to stay here we have have officers regularly monitor the area and check in on you both." Either way, it's clear we will have to stay here. "I have to head back to the station now, but if anything changes just give us a call."

"Thank you." Mom says back to him when he leaves the living room, and eventually the house alongside the cleaners and forensic team. She let's out a stressed sigh and leans back into the couch.

"I'll tell you what-" Matthew Davis perks up and places his hands on his hips. "Laine and I can fix the door so it's at least stable enough to last the night, and let's have dinner at our house. We have a spare bedroom, you both are welcome to stay the night until the door is properly fixed."

     I am more than comfortable with his proposal since the Davis house has started to become my second home, but I look to mom knowing wherever she goes I will too. I don't want to leave her after today.

    She sighs in thought and tucks her curls behind her ears. "It's okay, I don't want to trouble you both any more for the afternoon. We can stay at the motel a few blocks from here."

"You're not staying in a rundown motel, Allie." Laine Davis objects to what my mom had said. "And it's not any trouble at all, we're just glad Violet is here and okay now. Us three can play the new monopoly I bought and the kids can all watch movies. It'll be a nice rest of the night for us all."

Mom smiles, her pearly white teeth and pink cheeks almost make me want to smile with her. Speaking to people her age that aren't from work has helped her own mental health. "That sounds great, thank you."

"I'll go get some tools to fix the door as best I can, and burn the monopoly before Laine can get it." Immediately, the Davis mother slaps her husbands arm as he laughs, beaming his own smile at her.

"Touch my monopoly and I'll burn your childhood comic books." She threatens back. My chest burns painfully, not because of the doors indent but the interaction between the two older Davis's. It reminds me of my parents when they were once happy and in love. At least Flynn is able to have the luxury of his parents both being wonderful people and still in love- even if they aren't his biological parents.

"Can I go shower and change first?" I still feel sick having the shirt pressed to my stomach since it isn't my blood. Mom's lips part and she inhales a sharp breath when she looks at the shirt.

She was too buried in the thoughts swimming inside of her that she forgot about my shirt. "Of course you can. I'll pack an overnight back then meet you down here to walk over?"

"It's okay, Allie." For the first time this afternoon, Flynn finally speaks up. Laine and Matthew had left to get his tools, and Dianna has stayed by her brother's side. "I'll walk her home so you can get yourself comfortable in the spare room."

I watch when Dianna's eyes move between her brother and my mom. "I'll walk to our house with you after you've packed, so then I can show you were the room is."

Somehow, my mom caves into the Davis sibling plan of action. I take the moment once everything is decided to leave the living room and ascend the stairs to my bedroom.

I don't bother grabbing a change of clothes for once I finish showering, I am too desperate to get the shirt off of me. I step into the en-suite bathroom, closing the door with my foot as I pull the bloodied material over my head and toss it towards the furthest fall.

Immediately, a weight is lifted off me. Just like how Sebastian's jacket haunted my mind, the shirt was weighing me down with guilt of how I hurt that man.

I feel my chest rapidly rise and fall with a panic I didn't know I was having until I was freed from the material. My eyes shut and I lean my back against the cold sink to use the moment to calm myself.

"Vi?" Flynn calls, his voice sounding close which makes my eyes reopen in a sudden curiosity to why he followed me to my room. The bathroom door, which unfortunately has no lock, opens slowly as light hazel hair peaks through a small gap.

This would be the second time he has let himself into the bathroom when I have been in here, both times without knocking either. It's a miracle that I am never mad at him for it, even if I'm missing the ruined shirt.

His soft eyes are the next thing I see when he steps into the white tiled room, and closes the door behind him. It's scary how comfortable you can become with a person. Not a single worry or concern crosses my mind that Flynn is standing in front me, his eyes now focused on my upper chest.

I glance down to learn that he isn't staring at any type of cleavage, but instead the thick red line centred perfectly from bellow my neck to the middle of the emerald green bra I have on.

"It's fine." Despite being completely silent, there is a spoken connection between us- like I know what he is thinking.

        "Does it hurt?" His eyes gaze away from the mark to meet my eyes. I shake my head, not wanting him to worry about things he shouldn't be. It's only a mild pain, it's enough to call it discomfort- but it's nothing that's going to bound me to complain about. "I don't think I've ever been that panicked in my life- it definitely tops the day those guys chased after us."

     His concern makes me smile. "You should know by now that I'm pretty good good at escaping situations." Both times I managed to get away successfully. It gives me reassurance that I don't shut down in vital moments, but I have the brain power to be reasonable.

Flynn cracks a smile when the tension filled air has vanished as the heavy subject is forgotten about. "The one time I have a girlfriend who I care deeply about, she is the most event-filled person I've met. I think I'll have to wrap you in bubble wrap and keep you stuck to my side just so I can have you in one piece by the end of the year."

"You picked the most difficult one in the bunch." Sometimes it confuses me for why Flynn stuck around and continued to like me after the downpour of Sebastian's death, as well as my incredibly messy social status.

He grins at my comment and steps forward to wrap both his arms around me, his warm hands pressing to my back. I feel Flynn's chin rest on top of my head, and the steady beat of his heart against my chest.

       My arms circle around him, and I realise just how much I love his embraces. "How could I not?" His hands rub up and down my exposed back, forcing a shiver out of me. "You're not difficult, Vi. Even if you were, I'd still chose you. I'll always chose you."

       I shut my eyes, letting Flynn Davis shield me away from all the thoughts, worries, anxiety, and the world. I don't question how bizarre it is for Flynn to be the only person capable of this- since it's only managed because when he's close all I do is think about him.

             I don't feel the burning pains in my chest from crushing fears, instead I focus on the tough tightening in my abdomen because he manages to make me feel so nervous and happy at the same time.

     "I'll be downstairs waiting, then I'll walk with you." The brunette says and leans back as his arms slowly untangle from me.

    Most people complain about being cold when they're out of their partner's embrace- but I feel the opposite. My body overheats when I know he's about to leave and I would have to listen to the voices in my head.

         I curse myself for feeling so reliant on him, but I have yet to reach the goal of being fully capable of handling the control my these thoughts. Until the four men who killed Sebastian are out there, I can't make the haunting reactions disappear.

        "Wait-" I take a hold of his wrist to stop him from turning around. "Please stay." My decision is one of my few bolder ones I have made, but I am confident about it.

    Flynn's lips part and his adam's apple bops. I watch while he tries to maintain a calm and collected face, but he makes his nerves awfully visible when he swallows anxiously, and his fingers fidget.

        "Okay." He says softly, not going against his inner nerves. I can't help but let the corners of my lips pull up into a small smile and adjust to my own anxious feelings about what I wanted. "Do you just want me to- uh, sit on the toilet seat or something?"

       I let go of his hand and curl my fingers around the hem of his shirt, doing nothing but hold it in my grasp. His eyes take a glance at hands, then back to me. "I was thinking more along the lines of staying with me."

       Flynn's eyelids batter a few times, thinking what I am implying are words that hasn't stumbled out of my mouth. Neither of us had expected such foreign words and needs to come from me. "Yeah, yeah. O-okay."

     Despite him being a stuttering ball of nerves, his hands replace mine that once had hold of his shirt, and rips it over his head in record speed. I laugh at the smiling boy in front of me, and just like that, any sort of nerve vanishes while I reach for the clasp of my emerald bra.

      I can tell she doesn't want to let go, but after having five days straight of demanding work hours and today's stress, mom is completely worn out. "Sleep well."

        She says, knowing without my sleeping pills I will be a night owl against my own will. "Goodnight, mom." She let's go of me and tucks her hands into her purple pockets on her robe.

      "I set the air mattress up next to Dianna's bed once you all decide to go to sleep." Matthew Davis tells me as he stands at the top of the stairs wearing his blue and red flannel pyjamas.

     I offer an appreciating smile before he turns around and joins his wife in their bedroom, and my mom enters the spare room which is one the ground floor.

         It's not even eight o'clock yet, and all the parents have called it a night. Myself and the two Davis siblings don't mind as we get the living room tv to ourselves.

     Dianna is sprawled on the ground next to an empty pizza box which was her left over dinner from last night, that she decided she wanted straight after we had her parent's homemade lasagna and potato bake.

    I walk back to the navy blue sofa where Flynn sit's by himself, his eyes already watching me when I plop down beside him.

    The cream white door that is only visible by an inch catches my attention when someone knocks rather loudly for this time of night. I bite down on my tongue, wondering if it would be a strawberry blonde boy who undoubtedly would be beyond mad.

    This is just how it played out at my house, an un-suspicious knock at the door to lead you to believe it would be someone with the decency to knock politely.

        Dianna pushes herself up and sit's upright to also stare in the direction of the hallway that leads to the door. None of the parents seem to here it when no one comes out of their room.

     The person knocks again. "It's okay, I'm sure it's nothing." Flynn volunteers himself to answer the door as he gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze when standing up.

        Slight panic set's in when Flynn steps foot into the hallway and nears the front door with no visible worries going through his mind. "Flynn, wait." I race around the sofa and to the door in hopes to intercept him. If it were to be the strawberry blonde boy, I certainly don't want Flynn wound up in it. "I don't think you should-"

    He pulls the door open, standing completely in front of me like he wants it to be the person I'm worried about. I frown at the action, hating that he would do such a thing for my own issues.

"What are you doing here, blondie? At this time of night?" Flynn's shoulders relax and I am free from thinking it's today's mystery boy when his comment about 'blondie' is said.

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?" I smile when I hear Camila, my blonde best friend. I had been on the phone to her earlier to tell her what had happened, mainly listening to her profanities after she was told. "I've invited myself to your little slumber party. Now move so I can find the crazy lady."

Flynn opens the door as wide as it goes and I step beside him to meet the blue eyed girl. Camila drops a duffle bag beside my boyfriend's feet when she notices my presence.

Her arms loop around the back of my neck as Camila tosses her body weight onto me. The door's indent to my chest is slightly irritated by my best friend, but I swallow the feeling down to bathe in her embrace.

I've never been hugged so much times in one day. "So what are we all doing?" She asks once she let's me go and walks into the house. Her and I had already covered today's events over the phone, so we didn't have to deal with yet again explaining everything. "Hey, Di."

Dianna's tired eyebrows surprising pull up when the three of us step back into the living room. Flynn had carried Camila's bag into the house and dumps it back in her arms.

"We were going to watch movies but I'm way to tired to do that." Dianna stands up and folds the pizza box shut. "We should all go to bed so that we have enough energy to go to Hamilton Melts tomorrow."

Her suggestion makes a hum come from Camila. "I one hundred percent agree. I would of came earlier but I promised dad I would do the dishes after dinner."

I look to Flynn so I can see if he agrees with his sister or if he wanted to stay up, knowing if he is still set on watching movies that I would stay with him. "Sure, why not. Even though I was looking forward to torturing you all with crappy movies." He says, making the decision final for us all to call it an early night like our parents.

       "It's settled then. Flynn, you go back to your room like the loner you are, and us three can go try and squish in my room." Dianna takes the lead as she walks to the kitchen to leave the pizza box, and slowly ascends up the stairs.

         Camila huffs and adjusts her duffle bag awkwardly in her arms. "I call dibs on sharing the bed with Di." She exclaims and leaps up the stairs, not before winking at me to silently let me know that she is letting me be alone with the brunette boy beside me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say my goodnight with a soft smile, and let my eyes dance over his soft expression. Today had changed a lot between us, I feel everything a lot more intense than before.

"Goodnight." His lips press to mine, both ours moving in a slow sync as my fingers curl around his hand. "If you can't sleep, don't hesitate to come wake me up, okay?"

I nod to answer and Flynn kisses my forehead. A part of me wishes that everyone hadn't agreed to go to bed so I could stay next to him on the sofa- holding his hand while my head is on his shoulder, and every so often he would kiss the top of my head.

I let go of his hand and leave the living room, following the girl's cold trail to Dianna's room. I already know I wouldn't be able to sleep, but I don't want to disturb Flynn's sleep.

I owe Flynn a lot for what I've put him through. I know he doesn't have anything against me for being the reason his brother is dead, and that I was the one who told him about Sebastian.

I've been trying to think of ways to somehow fix some of the cracks. One of which being a few ideas to get information about his biological mom, or someone to talk to him about it. I want to help him just as much as he helps me.

I walk into Dianna's room and close the door behind me, seeing the two girls already changed into their pyjamas and sitting under the covers of the bed.

My bag is beside the blowup bed which is on the ground, so I unzip it to fish out my own pyjamas. "So-" Camila draws out. "How's everything with lover boy going?"

A snicker bubbles out of me at her choice of words. "It's going fine." I tell her and take a hold of my tights and a sweater. Everything with Flynn is going more than fine, but I don't like to dish about my relationship with others.

"It's going more than fine." Dianna sarcastically says while she lays down and pulls the covers to her neck. "Violet was showering when we were fixing the door and coming here, but they both showed up with wet hair."

The thoughts of Dianna, my mom, and the Davis parents noticing Flynn's semi wet hair all with surprised eyes floods my head again. I could tell they all wanted to ask about it, but they reframed. Until Matthew Davis made a funny comment about the matter and everyone's different reactions. The Davis father has become like a father I always wanted, instantly we got along and wouldn't stop talking to each other over the dinner table.

Camila's mouth is opened wide. "What?" She whisper yells and sit's up abruptly. "You slept with Flynn- and didn't tell me?"

      "No! That's not what happened!" I feel the heat creeping up my cheeks. "Nothing happened." My heart drums against my ribs, feeling a new found sense of being awkward.

        "How do two people shower together, and nothing happens?" Camila objects and get's comfortable again. Her and Dianna together make me laugh, somehow to three of us girls are a perfect fit.

     "Because Flynn's a virgin, and I know there's no way he would let his first time be in a bathroom." Dianna says and Camila jolts upright again as I watch the scene unfold.

     I have to bite the inside of my cheek to not laugh at the situation. "Flynn's a virgin?" The sudden knowledge of my boyfriend's sex life sparks interest in the blonde girl.

                            "You seem surprised."

     Camila nods vigorously. "I am!" She projects to the Davis girl. "Are you a virgin?" Dianna shakes her head, her own untold sex life being revealed. I don't understand how the topic can be so interesting for them. "See! Is it not perfectly convenient that Violet and Flynn are both the only innocent ones in the group?"

     Dianna's eyes snap to mine and she raises her eyebrows. "You're a virgin?"

          If I hear the word 'virgin' one more time, I would burst. To avoid the conversation going any further, I open the bedroom door. "I'm going to go get dressed."

          I step into the dark hallway and slowly close the door. "So, how long until you think they sleep together?" I hear Camila's words from the hallway, making me try my hardest to pretend not to hear it all.

___________________________________

I hope everyone is still okay and safe! So here's another update before things start to get interesting again in UNTOLD TRUTH.

Until Next Time,
Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
6.6M 141K 45
Falling in love never scared Maddie Davis until she fell for the one boy she swore to stay away from forever. Season 1 of My Brother's Best Friend ...
202K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
303K 10.9K 58
#1 ADDICTIVE ❤️ #1 SEXUAL ASSAULT ❤️ #1 RECOVERY ❤️ #1 DEPRESSION ❤️ #1 MUSIC ❤️ #3 TRAUMA ❤️ #3 ADDICTION ❤️ #9 MENTAL HEALTH ❤️ If you were to ask...