Drarry fanfic | Draco x Harry...

By harpfanfics

After the battle of Hogwarts students are advised to participate in an extra year of schooling to make up for... More

~ |Prologue| ~
~ | One | ~
~ | Two | ~
~ | Three | ~
~ | Four | ~
~ | Five| ~
~ | Six | ~
~ | Seven | ~
A/N
~ | Nine | ~
~ | Ten | ~
~ | Eleven | ~
~ | Twelve | ~
~ | Thirteen | ~

~ | Eight | ~

1.7K 40 47
By harpfanfics

Ron's POV

What the bloody hell was going on? She told us to pick partners and then said we wouldn't be with who we chose! Not that I minded ending up with other Gryffindor boys but I could end up with a Slytherin dorm mate or several! 

And now I won't be with Harry, he's my best mate, after the war he probably needs me for like emotional support or sumthin, especially with the nightmares. Poor Harry. Maybe we could make a formal complaint to Mcgonagall about it, 'Mione could make it sound really fancy and all with formal language, the type the teachers like to read.

I huffed out, it wasn't fair! First I'm forced to do an EXTRA year of school and now I can't even spend it with my mates. 

I tune out Mcgonagall explaining something about picking names out of bowls and follow Harry into a line of other students. He may not be smart as 'Mione but he's smarter than me, I trust his instincts, most of the time. 

Mcgonagall starts explaining something about friend-ifying the other houses and that's why we can't be with our friends, blah, blah, blah. I don't really care, I've already lost all fondness for Mcgonagall for making me split up with Harry, nothing can redeem her in my eyes. Such a shame for her that being related to some of the schools biggest trouble makers can rub off on a younger brother.

I start planning different pranks I can harness from me brother's store to use on the old-lady that won't kill her... hopefully...

I lean forward "Harry, what's are we doing again?" I whisper hoping Hermione won't hear me from the other line so she won't scold me for not paying attention. Harry turns to me an just blinks at me before giving me the classic look that just say 'really Ron, even I was paying attention?!'  I shoot my hands up defensively, geez he should know by now I zone out! A lot! He sighs "We are picking a name out of this bowl" He points with his hand to the bowl at the start of the line. We take a step forward as the two first people (who were girls) picked one of the small pieces of parchment each that had names on it "oh okay. I get it." I nod, "Wait a second, why?" I ask, "what's the point of getting a random name?! Am I supposed to eat it or sumthin'? I'm joking I'm not that dumb!" Harry looks at me as if I'm three like Teddy, I might be a little dumb but i'm seriously not at a three year old level! or however old Teddy was, I should probably ask Harry.

"Whoever's name we pick out of the bowl is our dorm-mate" Harry explains. It actually makes sense now. I frown "so we don't even get our first pick or choose a second!" Harry nods "Yep." he rolls his eyes. At least he's not happy about it either. 

I huff, Hogwarts so far this year sucks, at least it couldn't get any worse with Voldy gone!

Harry's POV

Ron sometimes scares me with his stupidity. He really struggles to pay attention and focus, I don't know why. 'Mione says that it's just part of his impulsive and crazy behaviour as a Gryffindor and that he should try and overcome it rather than ignoring it as a personality trait. He always ignores her when she starts talking about it. I think he might be ashamed. I don't know, that's his issue and while I may lie and say i'm fine over and over again I know deep down that I have my own issues. I just don't know what to do about them. I can't  talk about them for some stupid reason, I'm just to weak and pathetic. My mind is like a prison. At least these wall aren't real even if they feel, like they are.

The first two people who picked put names was a Ravenclaw girl I didn't know and Hannah Abbott.

Hannah called out the name that was on her parchment, "Padma Patil" she smiled. I had partnered them a couple times in the DA and was glad that at least someone in Gryffindor would at least be with a friend. The two girls walked and waited off to the side of the lines softly chatting together.

 The Ravenclaw girl turned around. She had dusty blonde hair and her face was littered with freckles across her cheeks and nose, similar to Gin's. She had a lightly tanned skin and brown eyes, I recognised her more after seeing her face but I still couldn't remember her name! She looked down at the parchment she was holding and unfolded it before reading out the name "Hermione Granger?".

I look over at Hermione, she gives the girl a soft smile and the girl smiles back. I don't remember ever seeing them talk during school so hopefully her and Hermione would become good friends, I hoped so for 'Mione's sake considered they's be sharing a dorm for a year. Then again the girl was a Ravenclaw so maybe it was also for mine and Ron's sake as she would have someone else to force to study with her! The two of them walk over to where Hannah and Padma are waiting.

The next two people in line were supposed to be Padma and a Ravenclaw whose name I was sure was Sue. Since Padma was no longer in the line her spot was replaced by Neville and the Ravenclaw took place behind where the other Ravenclaw had been. 

The next Ravenclaw girl got her name and it ended up being another Ravenclaw, I'm not surprised most of the grade was Ravenclaws considering they are typically rather studious I guess. The two girls walked to the others and then It was Neville's turn.

Neville pulled a name out of the bowl and turned around to face the lines of students waiting for their turn. As he unfolded his piece of paper his eyes widened in shock, poor Nev, I wondered who he could of gotten. Just as that thought popped into my head I hear him softly call "Um, Blaise." Everybody around now has the looks of shock just as he did, honestly it's not like nobody would end up with the Slytherins! Still I feel sorry for Nev. Neville clears his throat, "Blaise Zabini" As he says Zabini's name a second time he walks out of his spot of the lines and meets Neville over at the area where the six girls are waiting. That would be an interesting combination.

A couple more names were called of random people I didn't really know that well. Soon it was some more of the Gryffindor boys turns. I hoped one of them would pick me so I could have a familiar face in my dormitory. Seamus walked up to the bowl and plucked out a name before a massive grin broke out on his face. Maybe he had me! As soon as he made eye contact with Ron I knew I was just a hope as he called out "Ron, mate, we're together lad!" I turn to Ron and see him fist pump the air before fist pumping Seam. I'm glad they're together at least. 

Next it was Dean's turn. He reached his hand into the bowl, you could tell he was going for one at the bottom. He pulled out his piece of parchment and faced away from the bowls and at the dwindling lines. He read the name on his paper I prayed it was me. We could pair up with Ron and Seamus, it would be great, although not quite perfect as we would be missing Neville. But still! "Justin Flinch-Fletchley" he called out. He looked at me with sad eyes and I know he wanted the name to be mine as well. 

I watched his eyes trail over to Justin who was smiling at him. I see Dean smile back as they walked over to where Ron and Seam where waiting. The four of them start talking as I slowly make my way over to the front of the line as more people pair up. 

I had somehow become the last person in the line as everyone who was behind me (although it wasn't a lot to start with) had been paired up with others. I lean to the side to try and count how many people were in front of me and all of a sudden the whole room went quiet. All the chatter from the people were already paired had stopped and I saw where they were all looking. Malfoy was about to pick out a name. Everyone held their breath in suspense as he pulled out a piece of parchment.

Draco's POV

I wasn't deaf. I heard everyone stop talking just to see who would be 'unfortunate' enough to end up with me. I don't blame them, I would too. As I reached into the bowl and felt around for a name to grab I wondered who I wanted to share a dorm with. Blaise was already with Longbottom and Theodore was already with some random Ravenclaw. Maybe it was better that I would have someone who hates me. It would take a lot of the work off my shoulders. I laugh internally while keeping up my Malfoy cold front. 

I pull out one of the names but don't turn to face the crowd like all the others did. There was one person who I knew my mask would crack if it was. I didn't want them all to see that or know who it was before me. Please don't let it be him I beg in my head. As I unfold the roughly folded square the name feels like it's staring back at me, confirming my fears.

Shit, I think as I re-read the name. My mental mask drops for a second as I gulp and bite down on my tongue before I re-hide my emotions from the world and turn around to face the crowd. All of them are staring at me, some hateful, some pitiful (mainly from the Slytherins) but overall all just looks hoping that it's not their name on the piece of paper which feels as though it is burning into my hand. That is except for his look which is simply of pure curiosity. I make eye contact and stare at him as I call out "Harry Potter."

~~~~~

There is a second of silence through the common room as I look down. I don't want to see his hateful reaction. I can take just about everyone's hate but for some reason to imagine it, to hear it in my mind, coming from him. I feels as though it tears my chest apart like he did in the bathroom during sixth year. I don't even know why, we hate each other, it should be second nature to me! But It's not. 

I hear yells coming from all sides of me as people start to protest just as they had done when they got told they couldn't be with their past room-mates. People yelling things like

'Harry can't be with that slimy git' 

'after all Harry's done why should he be punished to spend a year with the filthy death-eater scum'

'Poor Harry'

'Malfoy's a bad influence, he's going to make Potter into the next dark Lord!'

  'At least Harry can kill that piece of shit, he can do it while Malfoy's sleeping too!'

'This is outrageous, how can they do this to Harry?!' 

'I bet Malfoy did it on purpose too!'

I block the words out as people start to close in on me whacking their fists at me like some weird muggle mob. Everything goes numb from the pain and I feel people start firing spells. Mcgonagall yells out "Enough!"and nothing happens. I fell a burst of magic and think maybe this is the end but the crowd is pushed away from me by a protective shield. Blaise, Pansy and Mcgonagall come over to me and help me off the floor, I don't even remember ending up on the floor! I feel a sticky liquid dripping down my face but the pain is numb. The metallic taste fills my mouth as the warm liquid reaches my mouth. I see flashes of my friends asking if I was okay but I couldn't answer them. My whole body felt numb and wouldn't respond to my brains commands to move. I remember being carried to the hospital wing before I blacked out. 

____________________________________________________________

AN ~

Okay, okay, I'm sorry that there's no Drarry stuff just yet, trust me the gayness will be here soon hopefully! 

What do you think about the rooming partners? I wanted to get them all out of the way in this chapter so it ended up being rather long but I'm not complaining! (Over 2.2k words)

Idk why but I like writing about how Harry is really strong on the outside but then nearly all of his thoughts are sad on the inside. It makes me sad but I enjoy his character being like that. 

Please feel free to leave any comments or thoughts on this chapter/and the story and also share this story to your friends or fellow drarry shippers :) 

Also a massive, massive thanks to all the people who add this story to a reading list, I see all the notifications and it really makes my day! 

- Harper x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.4K 14
After the battle of Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy ran away from the death eaters and returned to Hogwarts for the eighth year. This year, Hogwarts decides t...
201K 7.4K 29
Despite their past differences, Harry and Draco make an attempt at being friends... but will it become something more?
13.6K 603 13
It's a year after the second wizarding war, Lord Voldemort has been defeated, Harry Potter has come back to Hogwarts to finish his final year of scho...
200K 5.2K 61
Draco and the rest of the 7th year students at Hogwarts have come back to make up the year that was rudely interupted. The 8th year at Hogwarts for t...