Vampyric Lore⚔︎The Witcher

By BoosCorner

A Higher Vampire named Velorina was gravely injured by a Witcher. While trying to recover a young boy found h... More

The Beginning
Seaside Thoughts
Thirst
The First Meeting
New Friends
Last Day
Found You
Old Friends
Adventure
Little Bloody Town
Silence
Parting Ways
Coming Together
The Journey
Her Sweet Bitter Kiss
Fallen Kingdom
Memories
Blood Love
Kaer Morhen
Elden Secrets
Feminine Touch
Double Agenda

Lost Kingdom

5.4K 194 10
By BoosCorner

Velorina and Geralt traveled to a tavern in the middle of nowhere it feels, it's been a few months since the blood bath that happened in Blaviken. Since the inscodent Geralt have adapted a nickname across the continent, "The Butcher of Blaviken" was his title, was it well deserved of course not. Velornia stayed with Geralt along his travels, the two have bonded over the period of time, Geralt never asked about her when she do disappear, knowing that she need to feed in order to live. Velorina never asked about Geralt whereabouts when he come back smelling like other women, the two have an understanding with one another. 

Velorina put her hand over her eyes to block out the sun, even if she didn't need to. To stare at the tavern in the middle of a field, "How about a break here, you look like you need one." She said to Geralt. Geralt looked at the place nodding his head agreeing he can use a drink or so, plus there was enough grass for Roach to feed on. He jumped off his horse, tying her up at a nearby fence, he continue onwards thinking Velorina would follow, when he didn't hear her follow he turned around in confusion, "You coming?" He asked. Velorina shook her head, "No, not really in the mood for humans." She simply stated. Geralt stared at her in worry, Velorina smiled wanting to reassure him, "I"m fine Geralt, just sometimes need my space away from them. Only so much stench I can take." She simply said while waving him off like a child. Geralt grunt at the notion, "Fine, see you in a hour." Geralt confirmed as he made his way to the tavern. Velorina rolled her eyes at him, "I'm not a child you know." She argued with a huff, Geralt smirked as he didn't give her the time of day. Velorina made a face before walking away from him also, "Big baby." She mumbled to herself.

Geralt sat in a dark corner babysitting his ale as the bard continue to sing his ridiculous song. It wasn't long before the people in the tavern felt the same way, "Abort yourself!" They all hollered as they threw their free bread at the annoying bard. Geralt shook his head at the action, but happy some one shut him up finally. Geralt notice the bard eyeing him and groan when he mad his way over, "I love how you sit in the corner and brood." Jaskier said. "I'm here to drink alone." Geralt grunted out in annoyance as he looked out the window hoping to see Valorina heading towards the tavern, "Good. Yeah good." Jaskier said to him, "No one else hesitated to comment on the quality of my performance, except." Jaskier paused hoping the mysterious man will give him attention when he didn't Jaskier decided to make it happen himself, "Come on you don't want to keep a man waiting with, bread in his pants. You must have some review for me three words or less." Jaskier insisted with excitement. Geralt let out a slient sigh, "They don't exist." He simply gave the bard.

Jaskier was completely lost with that, "What don't exist?" He asked. "The creatures in your song." Geralt stated once again, "How do you know?" Jaksier asked with a slight attitude, he wasn't a fan of his craft being disrespected and questioned. Geralt didn't answer only waited for the bard cables to spark in his brain to piece the pieces together, Geralt can finally see the light spark to life, "Oh, this is good. White hair, two sharp swords." Jaskier paused as he stared at the weapons with slight fear, "I know who you are." Jaskier finished with excitement as the creative juices started to flood his soul. Geralt decided it was time to head out and hopefully find Velorina wondering around, "You're the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia." Jaskier said while he ran to catch up with the now famous Witcher, "Called it!" He hollered from behind the man. 

Geralt was once again stopped, this time however by a concern village boy, "A job I got for ya. I beg you." He quickly said to the Witcher, Geralt paused debating if he should even entertain anyone. He was beginning to understand why Velorina need a break from humans, unfortunately for him they were his way of living, he turned giving the boy his attention, "A devil, he's been stealing all our grain. In advance, i'll pay you a hundred ducat." The boy offered. Geralt looked at him, noticing he had more to offer, "One-fifty." Geralt bargained without much interest, the boy smiled as he threw the Witcher his coin bag. Geralt walked out the tavern to look for the 'Devil' that's been terrorizing the people.

Geralt grab Roach, then made his way to the spot where the boy said he saw the devil last, he sigh when he heard footsteps approaching along with hard breathing. "Ah, need a hand? I've got two." Jaskier huffed as he finally caught up with the Witcher,"One for each of the devil's horns." "Go away." Geralt commanded. "I won't be but silent back up. I heard your note and yes you're right. Maybe real adventures would make better stories." Jaskier stated. "And you sir smell like your chop full of them. Amongst other things, I mean. What is that? Is that onion? Don't matter whatever it is, you smell of death and destiny. Heroics and heartbreak." Jaskier stated dramatically, "It's onion." Geralt reassured as he tried to pinpoint his target, "Right, yeah, yeah. OH! I can be your barker, spreading the tales of Geralt of Rivia. The Butcher of Blaviken." Jaskier finished with his hands in the air and a large smile at his genius. Geralt looked at his horse who stared at the annoying man that was following them, he then turned around facing the man, "Come here." He said while waving his hand, Jaskier all but skip to the Witcher, "Yeah?" He asked before he was bend over clenching his stomach falling to the ground due to the Witcher punching him in the gut, "Come on Roach." Geralt commanded.

Geralt can tell he was getting close to this target due to light trail marks, he still couldn't get rid of his little problem, "Reading between the lines, and the gut punches, chum. I'd say you got a bit of an image problem." Jaskier concluded from beside the Witcher who was now riding Roach instead of walking, "Where I to join you on this feat to defeat the devil of Posada. I could relieve you of that title." Jaskier said with such confidence. "All the North would be too busy singing the tales of Geralt the White wolf or something." He said while looking at the Witcher hoping he liked that name better, "Butcher is right." Geralt simply said, hoping the bard will leave him alone, he continue to wonder where Velorina was currently wondering, he can use her company over the bard. One look from her and he was sure she will get rid of the annoying flea, "Mind if I hop up there with you, i'm not wearing the right footwear." Jaskier asked as he went to get up on Roach without waiting for an answer, "Don't touch Roach." Geralt quickly and sternly commanded to the bard, Jaskier quickly got the hint and backed off.

Geralt jumped down from Roach and quickly tied her up so he can continue looking on foot for the devil, he notice the foot prints were more indented in the area. "The elves called this Dol Blathanna before bequeathing it to the humans and retreating into their golden palaces in the mountains." Jaskier gave a brief history to Geralt while looking around the area. Grealt walked away from him as he looked around the area slowly and quietly, "Geralt, Geralt? Wh-Where are you going? Geralt don't leave me. Hello" Jaskier whined when he notice he was being left behind. Geralt ignored him the best that he could, hoping he don't attract unwanted attention, "Where are we looking for again?" He asked. "Blessed silence." Geralt stated. Jaskier stayed quiet for a grand total of less then a second, "Yeah, I don't really go in for that. Have you hunted a devil before?" The bard asked. "Devil don't exist." Geralt stated as he listen around his environment, slowly creeping around each boulder that was blocking his view, he paused when he heard something snapping in the distance. 

Soon a projectile came flying towards the duo hitting Geralt on the forehead with swiftness, "Shit!" Geralt said as he was caught off guard thanks to the little insect following him, "And act two begins!" Jaskier cheered with excitement. Geralt was less then impress by him as he picked up the small projectile studying it with wonder, "Oh my gosh. Geralt, it is the devil." Jaskier whispered in worry as he eyed the creature that was hiding in the tall grass, "Oh, I have to see this magical, this myth-" Jaskier was cut off by the creature throwing his projectile at the human, knocking him out. Geralt watched without care as the bard fell, he turned his attention to the creature, ready for what ever was to come, "Leave me be!" The creature yelled out, as he ram into Geralt chest.

Geralt fell to ground only to quickly get back up, "You talk?" He asked in excitement, "Of course I talk!" The creature told him after Geralt threw him when he charged at him once again, Geralt quickly got on top of the creature rendering it helpless. "What happen to you, your mother fuck a goat?" He growled at the strange creature, "I am Torque the Sylvan, a rare and intelligent creature!" Torque explained, Geralt gave him an uncertain look, "You're a dick, with balls!" He combated with his own sassy comment, "Balls I got from humans." Torque said before he rip out pieces of Geralt hair staring at it, "Did you mother fuck a snowman?" He asked back with much sass as the Witcher. Geralt punched him in retaliation, "You are intelligent, i'll give you that. So I won't kill you, but you can't stay here." Geralt said to Torque as he begin to let him go, "Neither can you." A voice said behind him, Geralt eyes widen as he turned around only to be greeted by a kick to the face blacking out.

Velorina entered the tavern looking around after not seeing Roach tied up, she looked around before randomly asking someone beside her without looking at them. "Have anyone spotted a Witcher?" She asked while crossing her arms, stomping her feet. An older man answered her, "He went off to fight the devil woman. Now stop all that noise." He barked at her. Velorina held in her growl as she walked out of the tavern, she looked around smelling the air, she quickly smiled Roach scent mixed with Geralts. She quickly walked in the general direction where the hoof prints were fading due to the winds, "What on earth is he doing hunting a devil." She mumbled to herself as she walked the valley, she came across Roach who oddly seemed happy to see her, "Hey girl, what have he done now. Who is he with?" She asked as another scent entered her nose, Roach nickered quietly before going back to grazing at the nearby leaves. Velorina knew she was in the outskirts of Dol Blathanna, she remember it being very beautiful a long time ago before the humans came and took over the lands from the Elves. 

She felt her heart clench a bit when old feelings begin to creep upwards, she shook her head as she followed Geralt scent. She begin to notice Elves scent, it's been so long since she smelt an elf, their scent will always be the same, forest with a hint of the open valleys and wildflowers. "What is he doing with elves?" She asked herself. She soon came across a cave where Geralt was located at, looked around not spotting any Elves around. It was unusual to not see an army of them with their signature bows and arrows, Velorina felt sadness in her spirit as the reality of their numbers were truly depleting. She sigh as she listened to what was happening inside the cave. She can smell Geralt blood coming from it, she growled as she knew he was hurt, as much as she loved the Elves species, she will kill anyone who dared to hurt him. "Who is this?" She heard a voice asked as she listen to the conversation, "He's Filavandrel, King of the Elves." 

Velorina couldn't believe what she was hearing, what was he doing in the middle of nowhere. "Not by choice." Filavandrel answered. "You were stealing for them." Geralt then said, Velorina smiled hearing his voice, a little mad from what she can tell. "I felt for them. They were forced out of Dol Blathanna." "Forced out, no they chose to leave." Velorina squinted her eyebrows listening, "What?" she said to herself. "Do you know anyone that would choose to leave their home? To starve?" Filavandrel asked with annoyance to the human, "To have a Sylvan steal for them?" He finished. Velorina lifted her head slightly hearing the ancient being, "Haven't seen a Sylvan in a while." She said. "Torvuviel, no one was suppose to get hurt." The Sylvan said. "What's two humans in the ground when countless elves have died?" Torvuviel said back to the Sylvan. "One human!" Geralt stated, "And you can let him go." Velorina smiled at his nobleness, despite him thinking he was a stone cold Witcher.

Frilavandrel scuffed as he stared at the Witcher, "So you can go back and tell the humans we been stealing. The humans will attack." He said. "Many will die, on both sides. "The lesser evil, no matter what you choose, you'll come out bloody and hating yourself. Trust me." Geralt told the Elf King. Velorina nod her head, "So that's what's been bothering him." "That's the problem, I can't. This is pessary." Frilavandrel whispered to him. Velorina squint her forehead as she heard his words, she started her decent down to the cave not liking what she was hearing anymore, "I understand, as long as you understand that it won't be long before you follow me in death." Geralt stern stated. "My elders worked with humans, and got robbed of all they had. And when they fought back, they were slaughtered. "The Great Cleansing" humans called it." Friavandrel stated to the Witcher. 

Velorina paused as she heard the Elf King, she started to get flash backs from when she was captured as a child. Soon, the brand marked felt like it was burning, she clenched the mark as she tried to calm herself down. Flashes of her parents, her home, the cult, everything that caused her life to turn upside down came back, she then remember that the cult would tell her in a chant that she was part of "The Great Cleansing." Velorina had to sit down and breath as her teeth extended due to her stress level raising. "Calm down, calm down." She said to herself as she clenched the seemingly burning brand. When she finally calmed down she heard Torvuviel, "Please my King, there are others. A new generations, Evelllien who wish to fight! Let us take back what is ours. Starting now." She finished. Velorina heard the Elf King take out something, "If you must kill me, I am ready. But the Sylvan is right, don't call me human." Geralt said.

Velorina couldn't believe what she was hearing from Geralt, 'Did he really want to die that badly.' She thought. She soon made her appearance known by doing work on the elves that were inside the cave. She knocked each of them on the ground, Jaskier let out a scream of shock, while Geralt stared wide eyed at the glaring Vampire. Frilavandrel looked at the Higher Vampier with wide eyes of his own, "Velorina" He quietly said as he drop his dagger. Velorina walked to Geralt and Jaskier, freeing them from their binds. Jaskier quickly got up rubbing his wrist, "Thank god! A beautiful woman have saved me." He said while smiling at Velorina. Geralt grunt as he slowly stood up, eyeing the Elf King who didn't take his eyes off of his friend. "Frilavandrel, hello old friend." Velorina greeted with a smile and a hug. Frilavandrel hugged her back tightly, "It's been so long." He softly said.

Velorina pulled back, smiling at him, "You look good." She said to her old friend. Frilavandrel smiled nodding his head, "So do you." He grab her hand holding it, Geralt had to hold back a growl that wanted to escape, Jaskier looked on with a smile, "This is lovely." He whispered to the Witcher. "My friend, i'm sorry for what has happen to you. I thought after everything." Velorina paused as she stared at her friend. Frilavandrel shook his head, "Don't think about it Velorina, with out you me and Torvuviel wouldn't have never escape and found our new home that night." Frilavandrel said as he cuffed her face with a smile, Velorina grab his hand nodding her head. "My King, who is this?" Torvuviel asked in confusion, "You may not remember, because you were so young. I'll tell you later Torvuviel." Frilavandrel answered. Velorina pulled away then looked at the men behind her, one was glaring while the other was smiling like a fool. "These two are with you?" Frilavandrel asked as he step beside her, "Hmm." Velorina answered. 

She turned back to the Elf King, "Yes, unfortunately. I'm sorry for any trouble they caused you." Velorina said with a smile. Frilavandrel looked at the Witcher and the human, "Interesting pair you travel with." He said. Jaskier was about to say something but was cut off by the cold glare from the Vampire, "Yes I know, i'm teaching them how to survive. It seems my charge need more lessons." Velorina simply stated. She then smiled at Torvuviel, "Hello love, if I may. I can give you a potion that can cure that cough of yours. Along with some herbs that will also help." Velorina offered. Torvuviel looked towards Frilavandrel, who nod in reassurance, "Thank you."Torvuviel said with a small smile. Velorina nod her head as she handed her the vile, she looked back to her old friend who didn't take his eyes off of her, "We must take our leave now, if you don't mind your majesty." Velorina joked, earining a slight glare, "Very funny." Firlavandrel said.

Velorina laugh as she begin to walk out, making a jester to Geralt and the Bard to follow. Jaskier ran to be beside the beautiful woman who saved his life smiling at her, "It was good seeing you both again." Velorina said to Firlavandrel with a side smile as he took her other side, Torvuviel taking the rear along with Torque. "You too, I wish for you to help us in our cause but I know it isn't your style." Firlavandrel said with a sly smile, Velorina nudged him lightly as to not hurt him, Geralt glared at the interaction, "You know I would in a heart beat. I just have something bigger to do." She answered him. Frilavandrel nod his head in understanding, "I know dear, good luck to you out there." He then pulled his friend into a hug, which Velorina returned just as tightly, "You too, I want to see you on a throne when we meet again." Velorina said. The two old friend smiled at one another, "I'll try." Frilavandrel said as he shook her hand. 

Filavandrel turned to Jaskier holding out his lute, "I wish for you to have this. I doubt i'll have time to use it." He said. Jaskier greedily took the instrument hugging it close, "Thank you." He said. The Elf King nod his head then look to the Witcher, "I won't forget what you said. I will show you that we can rebuild, and get stronger. Just you watch." Filavandrel declared. Geralt grunt nodding his head, "I don't doubt." He stated. He looked at Velorina who stared back at him then looked forward, "Goodbye old friend." Frilavandrel said to Velorina, "So long." She said back, she waved at her friend as her, Jaskier, and Geralt made their way back to Roach.

It didn't take long for Jaskier to ask the question, "So, fare lady what is your name." He asked the beautiful quiet woman as she walked beside Roach and Geralt. She ignored the human as she continue onwards, "Right, strong, slient. I like that in a woman." He said to her with a flirtatious smile. "You know credit where credit is due, that whole reverse-psychology thing you did on them was brilliant, by the way. 'Kill me i'm ready'" Jaskier imitate. Velorina smiled slightly when Geralt gave Jaskier a look, she still couldn't believe that he was ready to die, without worrying about what she may feel. Maybe he did played the elves hoping to get free, but she couldn't help but to feel he really meant what he said.

Jaskier smiled when Velorina smiled, "So that's the conclusion. We just give the elves Nettly coin and they let us go." Jaskier said. Velorina nod her head, "Filavandrel's lute not gift enough for you?" Geralt asked, he frowned as he wondered just how close Filavandrel and Velorina truly were, "She is a bit sexy isn't she." Jaskier bragged as he cradled his new lute, "I do have respect for Filavandrel. He survived the great cleansing once, who knows. Maybe he can do it again." Jaskier said. Velorina paused before continuing on, Jaskier tried to come up with a song that fit the situation that they were in. "This is where we part ways bard, for good." Geralt said to him as they made it to the fork in the road. 

"I promised to change the public's tune about you. At least allow me to try." Jaskier pulled his new lute forward then begin to sing a song that didn't sound half bad. Velorina listened to the melody with a smile, she knew that melody will change people mind about the Witcher who seem so desperate to change the way people think of him even if he doesn't know it himself. Jaskier turned to her, "So beautiful maiden, would you like to join me for dinner?" He asked. "I don't eat junk food." Velorina said to the flirtatious bard with a sly smile, Jaskier laugh before he notice the smirks on Geralt and Velorina face, "Wait what?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 84 14
Living her whole life wandering villages making many, but insignificant encounters along the way, Karina finds that one encounter with a Witcher coul...
204K 5.8K 89
Netflix's The Witcher Season 1 FanFiction Changed timeline: Queen of Lyria and Rivia (earlier); The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Blood and Wine (earlier) (Spo...
6.1K 242 12
AZALEA OF VENGERBERG was not normal. Scarlett and slit eyes, dark hair, rosy-pale skin and a mean attitude. She had a kindness deep within her soul...
25.4K 685 32
Antea of Oxenfurt has disguised her life as being a simple barmaid in the city of Oxenfurt, until a cloaked stranger with the stench of death wandere...