ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡39β—‡

5.4K 279 225
By yoongicorn_93

🌄Chapter 39🌄

MUCH TO Y/N'S dismay, the bothersome school day was barely half way over. Between the switching of classes, she hung around the rooftop where luckily (for them) nobody disturbed her.

So far she had done a decent job of avoiding any contact with other people, with the exception of Arlo of course. Even though nobody was really bothering her, Y/N still felt the urge to leave the school, preferably to a place with less people that she wanted to stab in the throat.

Fortunately for her, there was also something called "ditching."

And that's exactly what she planned to do.

She pulled out her (new) cell phone from her pocket to check the time. If she was not mistaken, the other students should be in the middle of class, so there should be no problem walking out of the building.

Just as she was about to go down the staircase from the second floor, a particularly raged voice she hadn't heard in a while caught her attention. It came from the small alley in the courtyard outside.

"Don't take another step!"

John..?

In front of him was Elaine and Arlo.

"W-wait!" The blue haired healer pleaded, grasping his sleeve. "Please Arlo! We need your help!"

What she said next made the heterochromatic eyes observing from above darken.

"Seraphina is missing. She never came back to the dorms last night! We think she may have gotten herself in trouble with some of the other students."

Seraphina's...missing...? The revelation of this new information distracted her from her original plan of ditching.

"What?" Arlo raised an eyebrow at the passive-aggressive John, who in return said, "...What are you looking at?"

"Nice going," The blonde scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The "King" of Wellston continued in a sarcastic, bitter tone. "You never cease to amaze me, John! Even though you spend almost every walking moment together, you still manage to loose sight of her! And you can't even keep track of Y/N. Idiot!"

"You shut the fuck up, Arlo!" John snarled. "This all happened because you weren't competent enough to keep the news from spreading!"

"Please," Arlo regained his composure, but still remained the same energy. "Seraphina exposed herself! That has nothing to do with me. As for Y/N, she was bound to get exposed anyways. It was out of my hands. But it's like I'm the only one covering up for all of your carelessness! None of you guys pull your weight, so don't expect me to fix everything on my own!"

"Excuses! If anything, this just proves how worthless of a King you are!"

Arlo roughly grabbed John's tie. (👀) "What did you say?!"

Y/N had heard enough, turning around from the scene and leaving. At this point, she didn't care much for their bickering, nor did she want to get involved.

It was always the same thing with those two anyways.

-

Ragged huffs released from John's mouth as he ran frantically up and down each hallway of Wellston. Where could Sera be? So far he had no luck. The thought itself was troubling. If not on school grounds, where else could she possibly be? First Y/N disappears, and now Seraphina. It was driving him crazy.

The students around him obviously couldn't read his serious demeanor, smirking at each other before one of them stuck out their foot to trip him. John fell with a loud thud and winced. But it didn't take long for him to recover. His eyes sharply darted to the one responsible.

"It isn't safe to run in the hallways, John." She mocked in a sympathetic tone. "Especially not for you. You'll trip and hurt yourself!"

He was livid. "What the hell was that for?"

"Oh, I was just helping you, obviously! You're wel-"

She wasn't even able to finish the sentence when John threw his fist straight into her face, crashing her head into the lockers behind her.

"Stupid bitch! Touch me fucking again and I'll kill you!" He yelled. "The fuck are you all looking at?! Keep staring and I'll beat your ass!"

A random mid-tier, who was presumably pretty arrogant, stepped up and said, "Hey John, chill out!" He then grabbed John's face with his palm and smashed it into the wall, all while his eyes glowed a bronze color and a triumphant smile spread across his face. "Come on, it was just a prank bro! No need to take it so seriously!" He said as he rammed his fist into John's stomach again.

"Prank?" The dark haired boy spit out blood. "I was in the middle of something, you shit!"

"The mid tier chuckled. "And what could possibly be so important that you're out here picking a fight with everyone?"

"..I'm looking for Sera-"

"Seraphina? Isn't she ability-less now? Why are you hanging out with her when there's plenty of other people to leech off of. Wait, you can still leech off of that transfer..what's her name, Y/N?"

"Keep their names out of your filthy mouth, you stupid shit!" John brought his face down and crashed it into his knee.

"Damn cripple, you're pissing me off! Don't act so cocky just cause you know how to fight!" The mid tier mustered all of his strength into a final punch, and John knew that this would be the end of the fight.

All he could see coming was black.

.

.

.

Why..?

They keep getting in the way!

The hallway was now empty, as the spectators grew bored and went to class. The only thing left there was John sitting in a puddle of his own disorientated emotions, drowning him slowly one inch at a time.

He held his wounded side, coughing. Everything was still somewhat a blurry mess as he waited until his vision cleared up.

Why am I putting up with all of this again? No one ever listens...No one ever cares..

In the end...power is the only thing that matters.

Click.

Clack.

His head snapped to attention in the direction of the sound of someone walking towards him. However, he couldn't make out who it was from the distance between them. Out of instinct, he assumed it was another student who wanted to add to his beating, and braced himself for another attack.

"John."

He could now see clearly when the figure towered above him making eye contact. Nobody could mistake that H/C hair and heterochromatic eyes.

All you could hear was a ghost of his voice. "You..."

She extended her hand forward wordlessly as he stared at it for the first few moments. Yet those few moments felt like an eternity.

Her hand lingered in the air, but she didn't pull it back. Instead, the corner of her lip curled ever so slightly.

"Join me."

The confusion on his face was evident. "What?"

"Let's take over Wellston."

Again, she nudged her hand towards him.

There was a brief second of hesitation, but this time, he grasped it.

"I'm in."

•••

we recently hit 69k views so I thought it was an appropriate time to post a chapter.

yall when I leave a cliffhanger:

WJKFKESJFK ok I'm sorry-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1.1K 13
Angel Doe is the epitome of childish. She never lost control like her twin brother, John Doe. In fact, she was the one who stopped him from killing a...
6K 339 39
A young man with a mystery had been enrolled in a top school. After a life full of pain, and darkness held deeper down, he would have to come to term...
46.3K 553 33
this story will be about a ship john and Seraphina (I don't own the characters i got the characters from uru-chan go follow her on Webtoon and read U...
50K 1K 52
Seraphina is a goddess, John is (questionably) trying to be better, Remi and Blyke are giving him a second chance, Elaine is dumb while Isen is weird...