Better Things ✓

By meg5432

A home. That's all Delaney Taylor is looking for. Everyone wants a place to belong, especially someone who's... More

Foreword
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 3: shopping trip
Chapter 4: familiar faces
Chapter 5: reunited hearts
chapter 6: blonde haired beauty
Chapter 7: first day
Chapter 8: adjusting
Chapter 9: deep conversations
Chapter 10: good morning kisses
Chapter 11: losses
Chapter 12: bonding day
Chapter 13: punishments
Chapter 14: therapists
Chapter 15: white walls
Chapter 16: doctors and nurses
Chapter 17: wearing black
Chapter 18: beauty and scars
Chapter 19: seashells
Chapter 20: sandcastles
Chapter 21: overcoming
Chapter 22: girls' day
Chapter 23: girls' day part 2
Chapter 24: uh-oh
Chapter 25: prom
Chapter 26: forever or not
Chapter 27: ultrasounds
Chapter 28: missions
Chapter 29: milkshakes
Chapter 30: family
Chapter 31: farewells
Chapter 32: beginnings and ends
Chapter 33: blood
Chapter 34: emptiness
Chapter 35: panic
Chapter 36: shattered
Chapter 37: healing
Chapter 38: surprise
Chapter 40: phone calls
Chapter 41: lawyers
Chapter 42: the letter
Chapter 43: special days
Chapter 44: unexpected guest
Chapter 45: one more time
Chapter 46: see you again
Chapter 47: heart to heart
Chapter 48: chances and choices
Chapter 49: speading love
Chapter 50: results
Chapter 51: a place in my heart
Epilogue
Authors Note
Author's Note II

Chapter 39: birthday baths

5K 118 14
By meg5432

I woke up the next morning to a peaceful bliss. Warmth engulfed my entire body.

My naked body laid on top of Xavier's. My head rested on his chest like it was a pillow. My arms curled around his abs.

I laid awake, basking in the peace of the sunrise and the arms of my soulmate. My fingertips lightly traced over the artwork on his chest, following each tattoos design perfectly, like it was a sacred map.

Maybe they were a map. To tell the story of his life and lead to the keys that make up his entire being.

I was brought out of my fantasies of his gorgeous muscles by a chuckle. I looked up and found a set of amused blue eyes watching me intensely as I got horny over him.

"Whatcha doing, sweetheart?" He asked with a cocky, shit-eating grin plastered over his face.

"Gorgeous little bitch," I muttered in response.

I pushed myself off of his chest, wrapping the blanket around my naked body. I trudged slowly to the bathroom, groaning at the cold floor against my bare feet. It sent shockwaves of displeasure through my body.

Ugh, mornings.

I turned on the faucet and splashed my sleepy face with ice cold water. I tried to wake myself up enough to function for the day.

I got in the shower and lathered my hair up, washing and rinsing. Then I washed my entire body, shaving afterwards. I conditioned my hair, washing it out afterwards.

Once I was done, I shut the water off and stepped out, grabbing two towels.

I wrapped my body in one, and wrapped my hair up into the other.

After washing my face, I put moisturizer on it. I put lotion on my entire body, going into my closet afterwards.

I chose a tight red skirt and a cute black and red stripped shirt to go with it. After slipping my outfit on, I grabbed my black sandals, slipping them on as well.

I checked my body in the mirror, grimacing at the scars visible on my legs. I looked away, deciding that I couldn't take the setback now. Not after everything.

I let out a frustrated huff at myself. I couldn't even look in a mirror without getting upset.

I walked through the bedroom, seeing Xavier still sleeping away. The alarm clock beside the bed read '7:30am'. Good, it's almost time to go.

I headed to the kitchen. I poured more dog food and water into the bowls for Milo.

"Hi baby" I cooed to him, petting his head and body while he gulped down the water. His tongue flapped with each drop. His tail wagged with delight at the attention.

I giggled at his cuteness and moved on to fix my own breakfast.

I popped some bread into the toaster and got out the butter with a knife, setting it on the table gently.

Pop!

I picked the toast up carefully, aware of the scorching heat. Setting it on the table, I buttered it up. I set the knife in the sink, got the butter back into the fridge, and ate my toast.

Once I was done eating, I wrote Xavier a note.

'Going to Suzzie's to meet someone. I'll be home later. I love you<3'

And left it on the table where he could find it. I grabbed my purse, making sure I had money and my phone.Then I walked out the door, locking it behind me.

The journey to Suzzie's was stressful. I was talking to myself, trying to mentally prepare myself for the awkwardness or the heartbreak that could come. I tried to plan out the conversation, but that only led to more stress. Coming up with possible scenarios that could happen made everything worse.

••••••••••••

I let out a frustrated groan at the wheel, clutching it so tight that my knuckles turned white. I stared at the familiar diner, trying to gain the courage to go inside.

I needed this. I needed peace. Closure.

I sucked in a huge glob of air like a sponge. Holding it for a few seconds, before releasing it and making my way inside.

The little bell above the door ringed, alerting the room full of people to my newfound presence.

I scanned the booths, looking for the familiar face. I finally found him sat at the far back counter booth.

I made my way back to him, slowly sitting down.

"Thank you for meeting me. I appreciate it." He said, barely meeting my eyes.

I nodded in response, not sure what he wanted.

"What's this about," I asked, looking through the menu.

"I wanted to apologize—for everything. I shouldn't just have sided with the twins. I wanted to believe they couldn't have done that. Something so despicable–to you nonetheless," he paused with a shudder.

"Well I was supposedly family, Nathan, that's suppose to mean something. At least, I did to me. I figured I would have my family by my side. That the people who assaulted me, in the place I was suppose to feel comfortable, would get what was coming to them. They killed my baby! Your brothers said that I did this for attention. That I killed my own child, just to blame them!" I was almost yelling by the end. I was ready to keep going, but a waitress interrupted me.

"Hi, my name is Becky. What can I get for you today, gorgeous?" She directed at me with a flirty smile adoring her face. She had long red hair framing her freckled face.

"Oh- um I'll take a coffee. Thank you." I gave her a polite smile. She walked away to fetch my coffee, returning soon after.

Nathan's eyes never strayed from my face. He looked remorseful and pained by my heated discussion moments before.

"I am so sorry. You're my sister. Through and through. I should've believed you. I'm sorry. Please let me make it up to you. Anything at all," he begged with tears brimming his eyes towards the end.

I sighed pitifully. This was something burdening me, gnawing at my heart painfully. The thought of loosing the people who gave me a home was weighting heavy on my soul.

"I—it heart so badly. You all just abandoned me. I lost my child along with the family I didn't even get to enjoy. But I guess, if it was that easy to turn your backs on me, I was never really a part of the family." I admitted, then continued once I saw the destroyed look plastered on his face.

"But I'm willing to try again–with you. Not with the others. You never came right out and said it to my face. You stood back on their side, which hurt unbelievably, but you didn't say those awful things. So, I'm willing to give you one more chance. One chance." I held up a finger to his face, sipping the final drops of my coffee.

I stood up and embraced him in a hug, before walking out. He stood back in the middle of the diner with a stunned expression on his face.

I snorted, getting in my car to drive back home.

Time for a day with my birthday boy.

••••••••••••

I got home at 9:00am. Xavier was still laying in bed, but he was awake.

I crawled in bed, stripping of my clothes along the way.

Once i was in my bra and panties, I straddled his waist.

"Happy birthday, sexy" I purred gently, letting my hands trail over his sexy eight pack.

"Hey babygirl. Where've you been?" He asked with a sexy morning voice that made my core heat up.

I pulled his hand steadily, moving to my feet.

"Met with Nathan for breakfast," I explained, trying to move him to his feet.

I pulled him to his feet, dragging him behind me to the bathroom, thanks to my workouts.

"What're we doing" he asked.

I giggled at his confused face, but didn't answer.

I started the bath water, adding in a bath bomb and a candle across the room.

Then, I started to strip. I dragged my bra strap down my shoulder painfully slowly, as his eyes followed my every move.

Once my bra was off, I bent down to move my panties off as well. I heard him suck in a breath once I was naked.

I got in the warm tub slowly, leaving room for him to climb in, too.

I sat back and watched as he stripped as well.

"Come on in, birthday boy."

I splashed him with water when he was in, giggles as he spluttered the water back out.

"Oh you want to play, babygirl?" He asked with a deep, aroused voice.

He grabbed me by my slim thighs, pulling me into his naked lap. Where I moved my hips against his.

"Mhm" I moaned into his ear softly.

"Time for your birthday present" I whispered afterwards, moving faster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 941 22
Two year old Taylor has suffered all his life.From asthma to facing abuse and beatings from his mom and step dad to living on the street, his twin si...
1.3M 30.4K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...
1.5M 38.6K 42
Used to be 'never underestimate the broken' Isabella is a independent, intelligent, food loving fifteen year old with a rocky past. When she's finall...
Saved By Madison:)

General Fiction

796K 16K 33
Isabella Rose Romano A 13 year old to which love is something very unfamiliar to her. Having grown up in the foster system, it didn't come very often...