Hiccup the Prince of Dragons:...

By Dragon_of_the_Night

Prior to the rewrite, the story will first take place when Valka and Hiccup were captured, and Stoick picking... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The White King's Throne
Chapter 2: Scourge of the Red Queen
Chapter 3: The First Dragon Rider
Chapter 4: The Knight and the Dragon
Chapter 5: Knowledge of Ages Past
Chapter 6: A Dragon's Fire
Chapter 7: A Dragon's Claws
Chapter 8: A Dragon's Scales
New Season
Chapter 9: A Dragon's Instincts
Help ma bro and Youtube Team
Chapter 11: A Dragon's Conflict
Chapter 13: A Dragon's Message
Chapter 14: A Foreshadowing
Chapter 15: Gathering Fire
Chapter 16: Training Regiment
Story Revision

Chapter 10: A Dragon's Curse a Viking's Grudge

10.1K 209 93
By Dragon_of_the_Night

Hey guys don't kill me or anything because of a long awaited update. I'll explain later ,before I continue the story I just wanna say thank you for the views, votes and comments I really apprciate everything.

10 years later 5 hours before Arvindole's Fire

Hiccup's POV

Yes it's Arvindole's Fire again the day for every ten years that a beautiful aurora borealis that I planed a feast with my dad's approval of course. For the past ten years I have been training really hard, learning Norse, and yes stealing/collecting books and Viking equipment. They make I improve it. And so yes I'm hoping this night will be a good one.

As the sun sets down and gives way to the shinning moon, the dragons struggle to get in there own place. To avoid conflict from one another, Hiccup stationed each class to different sections of kingdom. The Boulder Class were settled in the mountains where stones were plentiful for them to graze. The Stoker Class were on the hotspots near a rift with magma that are flowing into a pool. Tidal Class are in a large tidal pool where seawater was flowing. The Sharp Class and the Mystery Class were in the forest, and lastly me, Toothless, the Draconic Council (Elder titanwings) and lastly my father the king were at the middle. The night is young time for a celebration.

"Hiccup your Father needs your presence." Cloudjumper spoke behind me.

"Why what's the matter?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know Hiccup but he's been quite uneasy." The look on his eyes suggests he wasn't kidding.

"Alright I'll see what can I do." I sauntered down to the mountain and heading for the center, where my father is resting.

The King's cavern

3rd person view

Hiccup rushed towards the center of the kingdom which was 3 miles away instead of flying there on the back of Toothless he challenge himself and broke into a sprint dashing through thick foliage of vegetation, shrubs, vines, and trees.

Fifteen minutes past and Hiccup was almost there he just have to cross a raging river that was not the best option for swimming. The current was too strong and can carry small dragons to a waterfall. Beneath the waterfall was an array of jagged rocks that can impale anyone who falls at their spiky heads. The rock's base served as the hatching grounds for water-based dragons, like Scauldrons, Tide Gliders and Thunderdrums. Because of this Gronkles can't eat the rocks, most common victims are Speedstinger hatchlings, who are not fast enough to sprint on the water's surface, but thankfully because of their small build and fast reflexes they were able to dodge the sharp rocks and safely dive underwater with minimal injuries. "Need some help?" Toothless hovers above. "No, I have an idea." Hiccup grabbed his spear and vaulted at the edge of the riverbank and safely landed with two legs on the other side. "Impressive." Hiccup's enormous stamina allowed him to sprint again with no rest whatsoever. 2 minutes later Hiccup finally reached his destination.

Hiccup's POV

The King's Halls an icy fort that sheltered the almighty White Dragon King of the Northern waters Blizzardmane my father or so it seems my foster father. Cloudjumper told me about my homeland, it was a dark and savage land home to many dragon killers, the though about it was traumatizing, to think your own real homeland would kill innocent creatures that lived with for as long as I can remember. I slowly walk towards the halls not wanting to slip like last time, well me Toothless and some other dragon hatchlings were playing hide and seek.

"Dad are you there?" I shouted across the halls.

"Over here Hiccup!" I hear my father bellowed.

"As I believed Cloudjumper informed me about your predicament." I calmly declare.

"Yes son." He looked up at the sky. "I had a vision about what's going to happen tonight...." He pause. "And it doesn't look very well." He continued.

"What did you see then, my King." Toothless who was right behind me asked in a solemn tone.

"Hiccup and Toothless do you still remember about the tales of the ghostly dragon or so Vikings called it the...."

"Flightmare" me and Toothless said in unison.

"Yes the Flightmare..." He let out a puff of snow, while on midair the veil of icy smoke dance around forming what it seems to images of dad's vision a .... dragon, a village, a girl..

"What are these images dad?" I ask again but this time more concern than before.

"My vision Hiccup...." He paused again taking a huge breath and let out a fog of icy wind that let my hair for grow stiff. "Was that really necessary dad." My words were filled with outmost sarcasm.

"Hiccup... I'm getting old I've lived for almost two centuries." He said with a loathsome voice.

"As I was saying, these images are the things happening to... Berk." He paused again and I was shocked.

"BERK! Your not serious are you?" I grew restless hearing that name.

"Yes, I fear that the Flightmare will take flight tonight when Arvindole's Fire is visible in the night sky." He let out another breath of icy wind.

"What must we do then my King?" Toothless being more serious than ever.

"Travel East until you find there Isles of Berk and find the Flightmare, and capture him before the Vikings do."

Meanwhile  12 hoursbefore Arvindole's Fire at Berk

Narration

Twelve hours left before a once in ten years Aurora Borealis the Arvindole's Fire, for most people think they should hide in their houses not thinking twice on meeting the Flightmare face-to-snout, that is except for one individual Astrid Hofferson.

Weeks before the event she trained hard with a mix of vengeance and hatred that consumed her over the past years. One night for at least ten years ago her Uncle Fearless Finn Hofferson was struck with the Flightmare's breath. A breath that would render anyone to shake in a terrorizing fear, with that Finn fell to his demise in the jaws of fear, with the thought of dishonoring his family's name he committed suicide.

Astrid fell into tears with her most beloved uncle died a pitiful death, so she vowed to get stronger, smarter, faster and most of all being fearless.

That pain and hatred turned her into a more skillful shield maiden, who only seeks revenge for her departed uncle. Although she wasn't the only one who wanted to avenge Finn, a search party of the Hofferson clan went out to search for the Flightmare, but failed. As days become weeks and weeks became months and months became years there were no sign off this dragon.

This however gave Astrid some time to prepare herself for the day she can avenge Finn.

With that she hardly interacts with the other teens except for Ruffnut and Freyja whom understand her pain, sometimes Thyreim and Fishlegs also was there to comfort her.

She feels like her goofy self when they're around, which makes her forget about vengeance. But there are always things that can set her on edge one of those are Snotlout and his egotistic, flirty and far most ignorant behavior can surely fuel up Astrid's fury. Many have Snotlout tried to impress and court her, but he always end up on the rough pavement with uncountable bruises.

Right now the gang except Astrid who was unsurprisingly training in the forest, are at the Great Hall discussing the events that will happen in a few days.

"Now I believe you guys already know why I called a meeting." Thyreim stated in a stern voice.

"Is it because of the F-Flightmare." Fishlegs whimpers behind the barrels of weapons.

"Cool I can finally see it in person!" The twins raised they're hands in unison.

"Morons do you wanna spend your entire miserable life living in total fear!" Freyja scold the twins.

"U-uh YEAH say sorry Ruffnut!" Tuffnut trying to put the blame on his sister.

"ME WHAT ABOUT YOU MUTTON HEAD!!!" Ruffnut tackled Tuffnut and started fighting.

"Are we the only ones here who still have sanity?" Freyja turned to Thyreim.

"Come to think of it where's Snotlout?" Fishlegs slowly got out off the barrels.

"Haven't seen him since this morning." Thyreim raised an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me he's going to.... Astrid?" Freyja though hard.

"Should we go after him?" Thyreim spoke up.

"NAH!" was everyone's reply.

"So seriously how do we stop Astrid from getting herself killed." Thyreim started to pace back and forth.

"We could always knock her out." Tuffnut suggested."

"And do you think she wouldn't kick our butts the girl is a total war machine." Thyreim stopped pacing.

"Well I think Tuffnut is on to something." Frejya sat back down. "What if we knock her out not by physical means, like hitting her with a bludgeon on the head-"

"Why not Astrid never wears a helmet, right?" Thyreim asked looking very curious

"Wait Bro I'm getting to that, how about........ a sleeping powder." She then turned to the Thorston twins.

"Of course Tuffnut didn't you say that you had sleeping powder from Trader Johann last week." Thyreim snapped his fingers in his sudden realization.

"Uh-yeah I was gonna use it on Ruffnut she didn't woke up for days and I though she was dead, you should've been there it was awesome." Tuffnut opened his satchel. "And I have it right here." He showed a piece of wrapped cloth with a string to hold it together. 

"Nice one Tuff." Thyreim took the sleeping powder from Tuffnut.

"So let's form a plan, EVERYONE gather up let's meet at the Arena. Bring all necessary thing, In case we need a Plan B. " Thyreim and Freyja took their weapons and left.

"Something tells me this won't end very well." Fishlegs walk out of the Great Hall.

Meanwhile

Snotlout trudge through the forest looking for someone, obviously Astrid. He swings he sword on the thick bushes that were on his way while cursing to nature being a pain. Snotlout may have the physical prowess that can overpower almost anyone, but doesn't have the tactical mind like his cousins Thyreim and Freyja, it all because of his huge ego that skyrocketed. Armed with his trusty sword and his signature smug planted on his face, he sneakily looked for Astrid hoping he could help her kill the Flightmare. His true intentions were to kill the Flightmare so he can gain immense  glory, Astrid's affections and the right to marry her. As he traveled further he sees a bunch of wrecked like it was mercilessly chopped by a sinister woodcutter as if he didn't have respect for nature itself.

"Yup, she was here alright I just know it." He sat down on a logs trying to regain his energy. While resting he is already daydreaming about his future fame when he shows the village his success in killing the Flightmare.

"Soon it will all be mine hehehehe......." He closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

At the arena

Thyreim and the rest of the gang except Astrid and Snotlout. It was almost dusk that they were finalizing their plans.

"Okay you guys remember the plan, let me review." Thyreim sets the map, holding a charcoal pencil. As I have research in the old Berkian Archives-"

"Boring!" Thyreim was cut by the Thorston twins.

"Excuse me?" Thyreim raised an eyebrow facing the twins.

"Uhh.. the Archives are a bunch of books and books are boring Thyreim." The twins answered in a lazy manner.

"Just hold on for now, we need to do this to save Astrid before she kills herself." The twins nodded.

"As I was saying I just found out the Flightmare.. um well... flight patterns. In general where it's headed, in all of Berk's history from at least 300 years ago when the first appearance of the Flightmare claimed no lives but struck fear amongst vikings. Bork recorded his flight patterns every ten years and came to a conclusion that it always have to go in a specific area a river that circulates around the town." Thyreim stated.

"Man he wasn't Bork the Bold for nothing." Tuffnut interjects 

"Although no one even Bork himself knows about the Flightmare's origin even it's nature, I mean it just came out of nowhere starting a rampage on our ancestors, but there were theories about the Flightmare  sleeps no hibernates for 10 whole year and when the night of Arvindoles Fire shines brightly on the night sky it wakes up to feast on a strange glowing water." Fishlegs explained more in details. 

"But why can't we help Astrid kill it, I mean we are professional dragon slayers am I right?" Freyja asked clearly waiting for a valid answer.

"Because if we get hit by it once were screwed, our main priority is everyone's safety." Thyreim answered looking at the village.

"Fair enough." Freyja puts a hand at Thyreim's shoulder, while he turned around to face the group.

"So the plan is to locate Astrid, and maybe my stupid cousin. Then use this sleeping powder to knock her off-" 

"Ugh.. What happens when that plan fails." Fishlegs looked a bit scared.

"Were screwed." Thyreim answered bluntly making everyone frightened. "Look we can only have one shot and I am not planning on dying out there, and so should you guys be... WE ARE VIKINGS IT'S AN OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD, DANGER IS AN EVERYDAY BASIS." Thyreim like his father tried to encourage them and place his hand forward.

"Where your going bro I'm will be at your side." Freyja placed her hand above Thyreim's

"S-so am I." Fishlegs mustered up his courage, and placed his hand above Freyja's.

"Count me in!" Tuffnut placed his hand on Fishlegs' hands.

"I won't let you guys have all the fun." Ruffnut placed her hand on Tuffnut's hand.

"WHAT ARE WE!" Thyreim yelled.

"WE ARE VIKINGS!" The rest chorused.

"WE ARE DEAD MEN!" Except the twins.

"Keep it down you morons I'm trying to sleep!" Gobber clearly locked himself inside a dragon cage.

Meanwhile again

"How close are we bud?" Hiccup asked Toothless as they zoomed towards Berk.

"Almost there just a few more miles." Toothless said clearly annoyed by Hiccup's repeated questions.

"You said like 5 minutes ago." Hiccup retorted

"Well I could fly faster if you don't pester me so much!" Toothless snapped back

The two were flying east as what the White King instructed them to do so. It's been 2 Hours of unbearable flying and Hiccup was growing restless. They feel a very eerie sensation that there's something near them until it hit them literally, the Flightmare zoomed past them in a blinding speed.

"Woah did you see that Toothless?" Hiccup almost fell off Toothless.

"Yeah what a bright light." Toothless supported Hiccup back up his saddle. The two flew followed it and the sun was down. Colorful lights were forming up the night sky and the isles of Berk was visible. The two where astonished at the proceeding events.

"Berk...."

So cliffhanger there guys how do you like the chapter *dodges an incoming axe* Okay okay I'll explain the past seven months I was kinda not in the mood for Wattpad and decided to stop for a while like a week but it kinda got ended up to months I was also doing some research in the next season Race to the Edge and it's on January 8 in Netflix.
Another thing is about the new info on Thyreim and Freyja.

Thyreim possess a sense of leadership also being selfless, he thinks more of other's safety than his own. His hair reaches his nape, he usually wears his leather shoulder pads, and gloves that doesn't have coverings for his fingers. He's pretty much capable of using any weapon but he preferred a glaive.

Freyja on the other hand uses a crossbow, her quiver is attached to her back held together by a strap, and a satchel with sorted bottles of poison, oil for searing arrows and eel blood for scaring off bigger dragons. She is totally light on her feet and quite sneaky, and just like her brother she has a tactical mind.

So LIKE COMMENT AND PLEASE DON'T KILL ME.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199 2 10
This is about my Oc Ester, this will take place during Httyd 1. It's not very good, so I might do a rewrite.
3K 69 20
Growing Up Haddock Story 6: After a trip to a foreign tribe, a deadly disease begins spreading around Berk at an alarming rate and it's up to Hiccup...
1K 31 14
This is my personal take on the HTTYD story. The story will include old characters, as well as a couple new ones, and bring more to the less fleshed...
103K 1.6K 24
*COMPLETE* Stoick the vast disowns his son, Hiccup, when he finds out that he has sided with the dragons. Hiccup and Toothless escapes from execution...